AroaraAngelwolf

Phoenix Estates

@rora: ahh thank you <333 i live off a diet of coffee and sugar ah yes, the student life

@dorch: mmm i think rn she just wants to see if the pack despises her or not : ' D i just got back from school ill type up a reply before doing the studies!!

omg yessss i love panic!

I shall post once I get home from scouts...and the Soulcast post done

Got a moment of wifi so gonna copypaste this:

Well I got a bit of time while off wifi and decided to explain the lyrics to mercenary as applied to Faelias(It's his theme). Now before I start, I should probably shed a little light on what the original meaning was. The original was written for Arkham City- specifically about Batman who is quite different from Fae. Ish. Before I heard this song, I'd say there's nothing alike, even going so far as to say he's more like the Joker. Actually, thinking back on it, he's probably most like Riddler. I'll just get to the actual analysis, so let me shut up and talk.

"Just a dime store poet

Keeping pace, talking his face blue"

This first bit is all about his external appearance- Fae seems like a cheap jokester, always having a laugh or jibe and never really perturbed by anything. 'Talking his face blue'- says a lot but none of it actually matters and nobody listens.

"Two dollar store tramps

To get a glance, a new chance at you"

Here we start to switch into his internal stuff. The first half shows his constant flirting and frivolous actions, but in the second half it sheds light on his inner thoughts- always trying to find not just another one, but the one.

"Walk past the dance floor

That’s always been a dear friend of mine"

He's talking about how he's started to be comfortable with this mask he puts on. He's always felt comfortable 'on the dance floor' (behind his metaphorical mask) and never really felt okay with his true, raw feelings.

"Cuckolds and concubines

Dancing in four, four time"

Bit of an extension on the previous one, with a tiny bit added- 'Cuckolds and concubines' refers to how he observes the world through the mask, full of enjoyments and distractions.

"'Hey, mister,' the bellman says. 'I can only recall and spend some time,' I said.

So he replies, 'Then how do you manage?'

'I dodge the blast, and apologize for collateral damage.'"

This one starts in on his tendency for avoiding most serious things. His entire external demeanor is basically one big dodge. The bit about collateral damage is more of a sarcastic apology, like "Oh, you just got all the fallout from the blast that was for me and now you're really badly hurt? I'm sorry."

"In love, I’ve always been a mercenary, but I never leave my post when the cash runs out"

He's always sticking by women that end up hurting him 'when the cash runs out', when one or both don't really love the other anymore. He gets trapped in relationships where he doesn't want to continue with this person or he really does love a girl who splits it with him.

"I want to make you quiver

Make your backbone shiver"

He wants to find a girl who is as madly in love with him as he is for her. Also, the obvious physical connotation.

"Hey kid, take the stage and deliver!"

Another nod to his dodging, i.e. having someone else take his place.

[Chorus]

“How does it feel to stand on the very stones that ran with your parent’s blood?"

Now we get into the good stuff- his past. This is a bit of a condescending remark on his upbringing, with his parents. I'll copy paste it at the bottom for those who haven't read it/don't remember. Please read before this next part.

Done? Good. The blood in the song isn't his parent's blood at all, but rather their dissapointment. Actual parents or adoptive ones both work for this metaphor. 'Standing in their blood' means being in the Phoenix pack, among the wolves he despises.

"Do you feel sad? Full of rage?"

Initially, this was true. Faelias was a brat and hated being with wolves, but Reyne and Esko beat some sense into him changed him over time. He still hates werewolves, but keeps it under his mask.

Or does that outfit help you bury your feelings?

Hiding your true self?

Always staying in human form is one of the ways he copes, pretending he doesn't really have anything wrong with him.

"You’re truly an extraordinary specimen; I look forward to breaking you.”

This is a double meaning, each from a different perspective. From Faelias's pov, it's a constant fear of breaking; his wolf half taking control of him. More on that revealed as plot develops. The other pov is going to be explained muuuuch later. >.0

The rest of it is repetition, so I'll end here. Please don't go all tl;dr on me. I spent a lot of time on this.

Fae's backstory, for reference:

At birth, he was considered to be weak by his parents and they abandoned him. He would have died if not for the kindness of a maidservant to a wealthy human household. She found him and brought him to the master of the house, begging him to take the boy in. After much coaxing, he agreed. Over the years, he was fully accepted as a son and his family grew to love him as their own. However, once he had his first transformation at 17, he was cast out as an abomination. He curses his birth, wishing to be a normal human, and prefers to stay in human form. After his banishment, he found and joined the Phoenix pack. They are the only wolves he's comfortable with.

The amount of theme songs Esko has is a whopping 0

omg yessss i love songs/meaning that's super cool!! OO: i've never thought about theme songs for either of the girls but once i get back from work i'll take a spin around youtube and type out cool stuffus

whaa i love how deeply you went in w/ fae's analysis tho like......... nice... holds him close and cries a lot goddamn the happy go lucky secretly angsty characters always get me

yoo celtic music is the bomb it's super cool OO:

i think i have a song in mind for jeni already, but i'm kinda debating between a couple for cecille hh ; v ;

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

Don't have to have a song (or songs) just listening to these ones help he write my character. Fenrir is Irish, and raised with a old druid wolf before he got kicked out. (If fen can speak he'd have a heavy Ireland accent)

omg yessss i love songs/meaning that's super cool!! OO: i've never thought about theme songs for either of the girls but once i get back from work i'll take a spin around youtube and type out cool stuffus

whaa i love how deeply you went in w/ fae's analysis tho like......... nice... holds him close and cries a lot goddamn the happy go lucky secretly angsty characters always get me

yoo celtic music is the bomb it's super cool OO:

i think i have a song in mind for jeni already, but i'm kinda debating between a couple for cecille hh ; v ;

OMFG PEOPLE ACTUALLY READ I'M HAPPY happy.gif

Finally doing a post now

OMFG PEOPLE ACTUALLY READ I'M HAPPY happy.gif

Finally doing a post now

well yass omg <33 if i had put that much effort into a post i'd want feedback and it was rly lovely to read bless : ^ ) i love character analysis / development so reading that was like nice

plus it's a really nice song om g

goodness between fenrir and faelias this entire pack is full of huge trees

isn't jax also like 6' im crying so much how

mmMMM time for you all to judge my music choice

i still have yet to pick a song tht rly fits for cecille but i love

for jeni <33 esp this cover bc its so cute and sweet

idk omg holds face in hands i can't get all deep and meaningful on jeni like dorch bc she's just generally p happy and sweet i'll save the hidden angst for cecille

bu t y ea h!!! i think what jeni values above everything is just love and happiness; it extends to fenrir and everyone in the pack bless her sweet soul

Well I think the feel of it is definitely fitting. It's got her light personality and sweetness, as well as the inner innocence she'll probably deny she has. Plus it's in Japanese, so win!

I'd like to get offended at your statement. I'll have you know I'm about the same height as Faelias and we here in the height overburdened community do not like the term "giant". *folds arms and huffs* ...eventhoughit'strue...

I'll be doing another big post for Reyne's theme once I finally settle on what it is.

goodness between fenrir and faelias this entire pack is full of huge trees

isn't jax also like 6' im crying so much how

I am one of those trees, watch out

I am honestly really bad at theme song finding, so yup

Well I finally decided on a theme for Reyne but I'm too lazy to do another huge post so neh. Clicky the link. Clicky clicky clicky.

I know that song!!!!!!!!!!! It's amazing! They play it on air1 all the time, I love it!

That reminds me, this song might fit her too. I also love this song....it's more my motto....

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

ahh i don't have time to type up a reply rn but i shall do so as soon as i get back from work!! will be either four hours or less depending on how busy we are today ahh

Well I think the feel of it is definitely fitting. It's got her light personality and sweetness, as well as the inner innocence she'll probably deny she has. Plus it's in Japanese, so win!

I'd like to get offended at your statement. I'll have you know I'm about the same height as Faelias and we here in the height overburdened community do not like the term "giant". *folds arms and huffs* ...eventhoughit'strue...

I'll be doing another big post for Reyne's theme once I finally settle on what it is.

omg ahh thank you!! ; v ; yeah def im crying bless jeni pets her head

hell yea japanese like the weeaboo trash i am

im cRYING SO HARD are you serious how are you so tall you have so much power friend

i'm crying i'm 5'2" i'm shorter than cecille i can't believe this

omg tho [ attempts to pet your head, fails miserably ] im sorry cry ;;; how about exceeding expectations in the height department : ^ )

YOOO her theme is amazing!! it's such a nice song bless

I am one of those trees, watch out

everyone in this rp has too much power

LADY!!!!

If Fenrir can sing........ he'd do this song for Jenni!!!!

(Squee!!!!!!))

omg im crying that's way too cute <3333 i love it!! / v \

mmm i have two songs for cecille and no time to type up an analysis but

is kinda like her on the outside if that makes sense???????? it's what she wants herself to be and stay all strong and cool and "i walk this path alone" pssst

also bc fall out boy is god

and

is more like??? puts head in hands omg i'm so bad at describing things but

i guess it's more her inner self?? a lot of the times she neglects to really think about herself/her life but when she does she's just a lil sad abt her life and her personality ; 77 ; she does believe in the possibilities but she does have a while before she really recognises the pack as home bc she's never really settled her loyalties or hopes into anything ahh

hh so yes there are my cuties/// picking theme songs is so fun omg i need to do that for more of my characters bl e s s

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

im cRYING SO HARD are you serious how are you so tall you have so much power friend

i'm crying i'm 5'2" i'm shorter than cecille i can't believe this

omg tho [ attempts to pet your head, fails miserably ] im sorry cry ;;; how about exceeding expectations in the height department : ^ )

I'm 5'6" I'm closer to your height, but don't pet me, I flip out when people do that. rolleyes.gif Fenrir is just a gentle giant. He's tall and a huge teddy bear, has the heart of a beta and the playfulness of an omega...(and is amazing with kids...) laugh.gif

I'm 5'6" I'm closer to your height, but don't pet me, I flip out when people do that. rolleyes.gif Fenrir is just a gentle giant. He's tall and a huge teddy bear, has the heart of a beta and the playfulness of an omega...(and is amazing with kids...) laugh.gif

How old are you? Cus I am just about in my teens and already 5'6-7" o3o