MyaMouse

1x3 that's not really a 1x3 more like a 1x1

Alice manned the front counter as his husband, Leeim, took a lunch break upstairs in their home. Soon he got bored and wanders around the colorful shop fluffing up flowers and arranging the display vases.

Zaphus was in the back as usual, with Charlie, who goes by several nick names, but Zaphus called him CJ or Char. Both he and the eight year old boy where playing in the dirt as Zaphus taught him how to pot plants and place sunflower seeds in the soil.

His tail curled around the stool the boy sat upon and his hands where black as his claws from the rich soil he was using. CJ had a smudge on his freckled nose and cheeks, his hands gloved, although he somehow managed to get some on his arms. He had a big grin, revealing two missing front teeth and a couple crooked lower ones. His mop of frizzy red-orange hair, clearly said he had strong Irish blood in him. He giggled. "Like this Uncle Z?" His gap made the typical whistle as the boy talked. Zaphus chuckled, it sounded rich, and deep, like a cat's purr mixed with a roll of distant thunder. "Yes but don't pack it down to much, or else the seed won't grow. It wouldn't get the water very well if it's packed to tight."

((Mmmmmmmmmm.... 😕))

Stella, being home alone for the day as normal, finished up on her drawing for Zaphus like it looked in her dream. The words were kind of melted in with the cloudy night sky, and she was getting quite good at shading and shadows. Right now, though, she had finished up doing the daily chores and was waking up from a nap, her wings outstretched and curled around her like a black, feathery cocoon. She normally slept like that unless she didn't mean to sleep, mostly because it was the most comfortable position, but when she fell asleep doing something else she didn't normally have the option to curl up that way.

She got up, unfurling her wings gently, and stretched. It was around 1:45 now, Abby would be coming home soon. Stella still had about 25 minutes until Abby came home, so the Fallen Angel decided to try and find Zaphus before Abby came home.

Stella, clad in a gray t-shirt, black blazer, jeans, and wearing the rosary, walked out to find Zaphus. He liked flowers... Maybe he worked with Alice and Leeim.

Alice was out front sweeping the sidewalk clean when he saw the fallen angel and beamed at her. "Stell my dear! My do you look lovely today! You here to brighten up that kitchen with a few flowers? I'm sure Abby would appreciate it! How are you two by the way?" He put away the broom hanging it up just inside the open door, and walked to her giving her a tight hug. He stubbornly refuses to call her Stella, for it sounded like a ghetto version of stellar, so he called her Stell.

Zaphus was now showing CJ how to me the flower crowns out of dandelions, daisies and some twine. He currently only made these upon request, but the boy thought he could make one for a girl he liked in school, and talked him into teaching him how to do it. Zaphus may be intimidating, but a daisy crown on his jet black hair and another of faux sunflowers dangling off a horn made him look rather silly. CJ didn't wear the ones he made, instead, he giggled as three rings where around Zaph's tail, and one on wash wing, hanging off a thumb joint.

"Hey, Alice! That would be awesome, I'm sure Abby would love that, but I was actually wondering if you knew where... Um... I think it was Zaphus, was? I've seen him a couple times around here but I've been too afraid of Demons to actually say hello, but as luck would have it, yesterday I saw him in the park, and then he came by my house to pick up a demon Abby found in a tree, I think it was Drez she said, and then today he gave me this," Stella said, hugging him back and showing him the rosary. "I wanted to give him a drawing I did, to say thanks, y'know?"

((*sneezes*))

Alice eyed her necklace. "That's Zaphus alright. He's in the back. Come with me." He walked inside and around the maze of flowers to the back, talking to her along the way. "Zaphus likes making things, he made me and Leeim two picture frames with a glass borders and flowers pressed in the glass. Oh!" He laughed when he saw the scene before then when he pushed opened a swinging door to the back room.

Zaphus was still covered in flowers. He was perched on a shot stool , his feet on the ground, knees to his chest. Charlie had a flower crown in hand, and as soon as his papa came in, he turned as red as his hair then tried to hide in the folds of Zaph's mighty folded wings. Zaphus chuckled. "You interrupted us, we were practicing giving flowers to a certain someone who I won't name. I promised I wouldn't tell. My lips are sealed."

Alice giggled. "Alright, I won't ask who it is either. Someone is here to see you though Zaphus." Zaph frowned. "Who would that be?" He peeked under his wing at the boy. "Did you tell those big kids you'll get your uncle Z to scare them again?" He said sternly and char's voice sounded from the thick folds of leather. "No I didn't Uncle Z.. they haven't bugged me since the last time you talked to them!" Zaph looked at Alice tilting his head.

----

"Bless you." Juan said in the middle of class. "No one sneezed Mr. White..." "Hm? No? I thought I heard someone sneeze. It is allergy season, and we have a chorus of sniffles going along with the music... perhaps we can make fun of it and do 'happy birthday' by sniffing... Someone who blows their nose like a trombone can have a small part in the song too..." He joked as the class giggled.

((Sorry, Mouse is sick))

"Hey, Zaphus," Stella said, walking a bit quickly to keep up with Alice. "Oh! CJ, you're so big now! Has it really been that long since I've seen you?" she asked. She rumaged around in her bag for her present, put in a plain white ribbon frame and in a box. "Oh, Zaphus, I brought this for you as a thank you and a peace offering, kind of... It's sort of embarrasing, please don't open it until you're alone," she said, finding the box and handing it to him. She blushed slightly.

Zaphus looked surprised as he stood up, and gently took the box from her with a sound that was suspiciously like a purr and a hum together. "You didn't have to do that..... thank you though. Don't worry, I won't... and I'll even make sure prying eyes don't try to peek at it.." He fixed Alice with a look. Alice shook his head and went up front again.

Zaphus returns his focus on Stella. "Again, thank you." He set the box on a clear aria and started to pull off the flower crowns on him. He curled his tail around stealthy CJ as he tried to peek in the box and set him by the stairway to go up to the house part. "You work on your English homework.. go on.." The boy huffed and trudged upstairs. "It was good seeing you Stella..." CJ waved to her before turning the corner.

The demon's ghostly white cheeks turned pink as he shifted from foot to foot. "I don't receive gifts to often..... I'm glad you like your necklace.... I'm sure you could find someone to bless it for you, I would have done it.. but... people... wouldn't take to kindly to a demon showing up at a church......especially one that looks like me... for..... obvious reasons....." He fell silent at that.

If Stella looked around she would see two of the three mirrors in the room had cloth tied above it, and now covered both mirrors. He turned to a vase of poppies, carnations, and hibiscus flowers with some violets to throw off the red colors.

------

"Everyone gets sick sometimes, no need to be sorry for it mousey.." He said once the class left and he got ready for his choir.

(( ARORA SERIOUSLY

JUST BECAUSE I DON'T RESPOND DOESN'T MEAN I DON'T SEE

I MIGHT JUST NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO))

((I saw))

Stella smiled back at him. "Aw, Zaphus, you should come to Pastor Tony's church with Samandria and I. Hope Community Church, third building from the right on Main Street. He knows Sam is a demon, and they're actually good friends." She waved good-bye to CJ and turned back to Zaphus. "Stop by Abby and my house any time... I'm kind of bipolar though so if I freak out don't take it to heart..." She picked up a few clusters of Lavender and put them in a bundle with a bunch of white Baby's Breath flowers, then placed it in a vase next to Zaphus. Then she went to the front counter to buy some pink tulips from Alice, waving good-bye to the demon.

Zaphus waved goodbye and waited until he was home to open his gift. When he did he blushed and set it on his dresser. He took care of Drez and made dinner setting out food for the cat... wait.. where was Caramel?

Caramel, the pesky little cat, was waiting on the porch when Stella got there taunting the wolf pup and had a live mouse in it's mouth, but that no interest in eating it. She purrs when she saw the fallen angel, tail flicking casually.

---

Juan walked back to his cave, his brother healed and long gone, leaving him a note saying he'd check up on him in a few days. So he headed to the old blind woman's home, not to far from him. He took care of her and settled her in for the night before taking off and landed in town, walking the streets at night.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((Nooopers

I mean, we can always timeskip again

Seems like we're doing a lot of that

AND I THOUGHT IT WAS 3:30!))

((Juan and zaphus get off early. Juan doesn't have two classes at the end of the day so he takes it off and zaphus was getting off when she walked in. But yah time skip to Sunday. So zaphus comes to church )

It was before the 10:30am mass on Sunday. Zaphus stood outside the church, hidden in the shadows. He had on black slacks and actually had on a black silk shirt with a dark grey tie. The shirt was specially fitted for his wings, which he had folded around him like a cloak and smelled of washed leather and looked polished. His horns where buffed to a dark blue black shined and his hair was damp from his shower this morning.

Slowly the demon approached the church and opened the door quietly and slipped inside. He was a little early, and many had yet to arrive. One elderly woman looked at him in surprise, and without a second thought he fled, but unfortunately his tail got stuck in the heavy door so it yanked as soon as he got six feet and five inches from the door, the other two inches of just the flat flexible frill at the end still in the church. He didn't know why he came, Drez found a open bar and was drinking..... being a demon he can drink whisky all day and only get tipsy.... he could've stayed at home with his flowers. But........ he wanted to see Stella again. Such a pretty Angel, so full of pain and suffering.... it wasn't very demon like, but he wanted to help her.... even if she didn't want him around.

((But you said night))

Stella was dressed in a silver sweater and faded blue jeans. She had considered using hair bleach to bleach her wing feathers, but she heard that creatures who did that got burns Stella didn't want to deal with. It was a good thirty minutes before people would start arriving at the church, but Sam and Stella were already walking from the angel's cottage. It was a long trek anyway. The wind blew Stella's blue hair around; it was a pretty windy day. Sam wore a long sleeve tee underneath a yellow short-sleeve tee, and the only parts of the long sleeve tee you could see were the black and white stripes and the white collar, which was a bit higher than the yellow shirt. Sam's tatoo on her neck was hidden by the layers the demoness wore; an image of two wings, red and black. She also wore a fedora on her head, protecting her albino skin from harmful UV rays. Her hair was in a loose braid, resting on her shoulder.

"He sounds cute."

"Saaaam, I don't like him that way! I just want to be friends with a demon, is that so bad?"

"You're friends with me."

"Exactly."

((Sam would sound like Sam from ICarley/Sam and Cat))

((I said Sunday.... Masses are normally at 8 or 10:30 on Sunday. Sam! Love Sam! Don't mess with her meat!))

Zaphus somehow managed to get more hopelessly stuck, and because no one in the church would come to the door and now he was stuck in a tree next to it, his massive wings hooked on branches and protecting his hair from leaves and twigs. He was trying to melt in to the shadows, but it's been a while and he wasn't good at it in the first place. He can shadow travel unconsciously, or fade to darkness when scared, but now it was nervousness and uncertainty that made him falter. His tail hurt.. if someone would just open the door he'd leave before he scares anyone. Not that a Deon perched on a branch by a church would frighten people already.... he had a good heart, but.... hated his appearance.

He didn't think he had the courage to get his tail out himself, he would, but the six feet to the door felt like six miles and he wanted nothing more then to distance himself from he people he thought would run him off anyway.

~It is now 10:24 apparently~

The two girls were walking to the church when they were stopped by a black wire which faded into and appeared from thin air. Sam poked it, resulting in a smack from Stella. She shielded her from eyes the sun and followed the fluctuating rope to a being curled up in a tree with a familiar figure.

"Ugh, get down from there, Zaphus," Stella said, pulling the demon out of the tree by his tail and unhooking it from the door. He was making more of a fool of himself in the tree than he would be down here trying to get out his tail. The demon landed on the ground with an audible thump, and Stella walked over, helping him up.

((Hey that God modeling! tongue.gif and it's solid, he can't shadow away.))

Zaphus yelped and snapped a few branches as he crashed to the ground and got up, looking dejectedly at Stella while rubbing his tail. "You didn't have to pull on my tail..... or be mad at me... I got scared okay? I shouldn't be here.... " he checked the thicker tip of his thin rope like tail for any broken bones or rips before hiding behind his wings after glancing at Sam, his fangs flashing as he talked making him sound like a Boston meets German with his accent. "How would you know what others would think of me? I'm not a handsome demon like a incubi..... shadow demons are supposed to be frightening.... I don't think I can do this Stella. I only came because you asked me to try it....."

((*crosses arms*

It's funny though))

"If you stayed in the tree more people would laugh than if you were down here with Sam and I. Zaphus, Samandria. Samandria, Zaphus." Sam looked up at the demon, eyes wide, causing her orange fedora to tumble off her head.

"I remember you, you were the one that was obsessed with flowers! My master knew you. He tried to hurt you one time, I heard.. How'd you get away? That guy is stronger than a Knight!" She stuck her hand out, smiling.

Stella picked up the hat and placed it back on Sam's head. The succubi glared at Stella and fixed her hat. "I can pick up my accessories on my own, Stel, thank you very much," Sam giggled.

Zaphus seemed unsure of her hand as he peeked out from his wings before folding them back and took her hand, being careful of his claws. He looked uncomfortable at the mention of her master. "I fought him, many demons, it's was hard to keep track who was who. Most demons are bullies.... I don't like anyone who picks on others..." his tail flicked, making a sound like a whip snap and he flinched, curling it by his feet.

He looked at his claws like he didn't want them there. "I don't want to talk about that.... I don't like to fight. It makes me feel... bad, just wrong, it makes me uncomfortable. I like to make things pretty and things that can live, not death and destruction we demons are often associated with..."

Sam shook his hand and then released. "You did a good thing, though. If you didn't stop him, he would have hurt more people and angels and demons like he hurt me." She then turned and pulled her shirt down a small bit, showing a smoldering scar where her wings had once been. "He almost did the same to Stella, he almost did the same to Abby, he killed their friend... I'm sorry if I'm cutting at a tender spot here, Stella. I'm gonna go say hi to Pastor Tony now." Her usual smile returned to her face as she walked inside the church.

Zaphus watched her go and looked at Stella sadly. "I am so terribly sorry.... I understand why you wouldn't want me around.. and the pain I see you try to hide in your eyes." He was silent for a moment, looking down at the angel. "I... really liked your drawing. I would like another friend... Drez..... is a little too much sometimes. um. Should we head inside?" He tilted his head slightly.