Twyro

Things you find annoying in music

I hate it when an artist publishes an album and all songs sound extremely alike. They get boring so easily. dry.gif

What annoys me? Easy. Songs that are all about Sex. Sure, there is nothing wrong with loving your body, but every time I turn on the radio and hear songs about what they want to do with them in bed just makes me want to shake my head, which I would if I wasn't too busy turning the channel to a different song.

Perfect example? Anaconda. I refuse to watch the music video of it. I've seen a few clips and just, *shudders* no way.

The only time I'll listen to a dirty song is for the actual music, but then I just find out the name of the song and then search youtube for an instrumental version. Problem solved. smile.gif

I did that for the song, #Selfie because that girl's voice annoyed me to no end, but the music was awesome!

I hate music thats talkin' bout that... thing i even refuse to say it's inappropriate dry.gif . there could be little kids listening to that station!!!! its disgusting too!

I hate it when people find themselves superior because they don't listen to a specific genre of music.

You're not hipster and edgy. You're just rude.

There's such a thing as liking both.

Artists who don't put the lyrics on their websites/official pages ;~;

I dislike songs that decide it's a good idea to switch languages randomly. The occasional word is fine, but many songs that are not in English apparently think it's cool to have an entire verse in English when the rest of the song is, say, Spanish.

Totally throws me off and makes it hard to enjoy. Not to mention the often terrible accents. Stick with one language please.

When a song has an amazing instrumental, but terrible lyrics, and vice versa.

When people brag how they listen to a certain band that not so many other people have heard of and calling others superficial and mainstream because they don't know about them (trust me, there are many) and thus think they are cooler than everybody else.

When people like a song when it's less popular, and then go to tantrum mode and say how everybody else who likes that very same song some time later is nothing but a poser.

For me, my biggest pet peeve is pretentiousness. People who dismiss an entire genre (like rap or pop) because they feel they're too good for it, and look down on those who enjoy that genre? Those people ought to be put on a rocket or something and blasted off the face of the earth. They can go to Mars and listen exclusively to heavy metal or whatever there and be happy. It annoys me to NO end.

When a song has an amazing instrumental, but terrible lyrics, and vice versa.

When people brag how they listen to a certain band that not so many other people have heard of and calling others superficial and mainstream because they don't know about them (trust me, there are many) and thus think they are cooler than everybody else.

When people like a song when it's less popular, and then go to tantrum mode and say how everybody else who likes that very same song some time later is nothing but a poser.

So basically, you hate hipsters. tongue.gif

I remember trying to show all of my friends a song once and none of them wanted to listen to it now soooo many of them like it. So annoying >_<

I hate when singers change their whole song for the music video and make it terrible..

(Bad Blood by Taylor Swift maybe? Bah.)

When people say that some songs aren't "real music". What? ALL music is real music.

Also, when people bash on other people's music taste. Just because it isn't your cup of tea, it doesn't give you the right to say their music taste is bad or horrible.

Repetitiveness usually annoys me. Especially if a word is sung repeatedly throughout like almost half of the song.

When people say that some songs aren't "real music". What? ALL music is real music.

Also, when people bash on other people's music taste. Just because it isn't your cup of tea, it doesn't give you the right to say their music taste is bad or horrible.

Repetitiveness usually annoys me. Especially if a word is sung repeatedly throughout like almost half of the song.

THANK YOU!

Shaming other people for their music tastes is just... wrong. ALL music can be considered actual "music!" We each have different tastes, that's all.

Nasal vocals. SOOOO annoying, I know some people like the sound of it. And I know it's easier to be a bit louder in your head voice if it's nasally but it does not sound good to me.

I dislike country music, but I'm totally chill with anyone who does. I hate it when people look down on others for liking a genre. I don't like all rappers, but Eminem, I had an obsession with for like, a few months. I like his style.

SUPERFICIAL MUSIC. Incredibly annoying. When it's completely about how how a girl is and how much you want her... it's just, AHHHH!

When people hate a song only because it's popular.

When people brag about their tastes.

I have a strong hatred for love songs. Can't people find something else to sing about for once?

Agree with all the points,

There is more to live than love.

To put it simply, songs without emotion. The whole meaning of music, and any art form really, is to express emotion but recently I've found that not a lot of music has proper emotion in it anymore.

I personally don't hate every song about sex and partying, because lust/desire/pride/shame/whatever else they associate with sex is an emotion. A prime example of a song about partying with an emotional undertone is Don't Threaten Me with a Good Time by Panic! At the Disco (god that was a mouthful). Basically, on the surface it's a shallow song about drugs and alcohol and sleeping with strangers and stuff but if you look into it properly there's so much tension there and it's hidden in the occasional misplaced line or voice infliction and it's great.

Then there are songs that are literally "let's go party. woo."

I hate songs that start off all in one side of the heaphones, because when that happens I keep trying to check if my headphones are broken or not plugged in all the way--then it fills the other side eventually and I'm like "oh okay it's one of THOSE" haha

I pretty much hate everything mentioned in this thread. But the thing i didn't see (maybe i missed something) yet do really hate is how all those awful things become crazy popular while good quality music (Aurora Aksnes, Paramore's album "Brand New Eyes", Hey Monday (not existing anymore), Dotan (only very famous in the Netherlands) and many more...).

Don't get me wrong, i'm not feelin superior to people who don't know them, neither will I obligate anyone to listen to their music. Everyone has their own taste and that's fine, but I'm friendly enough not to bother people who listen to music I don't like with my music, so why can't they at least be a bit more friendly and also not try to bother me with their favorite songs?

Songs about having sex. I was unfortunate to come across such a song while I was in a shop browsing. When I heard this - I mean who the hell sings about it? I mean songs implying you want it or might have had it is one things, but graphic details that are smutty about actually doing it right then and there, a big nope.

I have a strong dislike for rap - which usually encompasses the above and generally a lot of foul language/violence. But then again, some normal songs use a touch of violence, so it probably is rap to a degree I really don't like.

Dislike music with heavy religious undertones. Not fond of country. Although I think leonard Cohen is country - I absolutely adore his voice and song closing time.

with that said, I do have an eclectic taste, so some music I listen to is actually rap and other things I may not usually like. But something about the pieces I do choose makes it stand out from the rest.

Music that has to repeat a word over and over again; such as mony mony by billy idol. I really can't stand that song.

I love music with a catchy tune, music does not always have to have lyrics, so I enjoy a lot of instrumentals.

Same thing here that most of you have mentioned; songs about sex.

Now, I have some exceptions (I absolutely adore "Lady Marmalade") and I don't mind ones that are subtle or amusing (like "Cake by the ocean"), but I can't stand the explicit "YOU, ME, NO CLOTHES, NOW!" type songs. They just make me cringe, and it doesn't help most of them aren't even good in the actual music, either. If you're going to sing about something so annoying, the least you could do is have some worthwhile tunes to go with it.

But the biggest thing of all for me isn't the music itself, it's the way people treat each other over it.

I love country and metal, especially the older stuff, but I have had so many people mock me just because they don't like the genres. And I can't count the number of times I've been told that I shouldn't like metal because it's the devil's music/ I'm a girl so I should like boybands/insert other stupid reason here.

It's just...urgh.

Edited by CharonDusk

Justin bieber and one direction. Enough said. xd.png

I find a lot of "Gangsta Rap" annoying.

Some rap, I do like, I like a lot of Eminems stuff, and can even stand some of Nicki Minaj's earlier stuff. (not her new stuff though..but stuff like Roman's Revenge was pretty good)

But when you hear all this "Gangsta Rap" about B**ches, sex, drugs, and guns and violence and stuff, I just..ugh. I don't like it.

>.<

I find a lot of "Gangsta Rap" annoying.

Some rap, I do like, I like a lot of Eminems stuff, and can even stand some of Nicki Minaj's earlier stuff. (not her new stuff though..but stuff like Roman's Revenge was pretty good)

But when you hear all this "Gangsta Rap" about B**ches, sex, drugs, and guns and violence and stuff, I just..ugh. I don't like it.

>.<

I pretty much agree with that, however I would also add Tyler Joseph to the list of rappers that are actually good. Very good.

Totally agree. xd.png

What annoys me is how some people are famous without any actual talent, they're famous for their looks and being d-bags >.<

Whereas there are many singers out there that are hellishly good, but get no recognition.

I'm not saying making music should be about the fame, but still... you have people who are famous only for looks and rely on autotune, yet make millions, and these people who make real music, and struggle to get by. >.<

Songs with really good melodies that stop half way with a rap solo. I get into the flow of the music and just to have it randomly stop for a rap is really annoying. Some music artists are really good at interlacing rap into a song, but just to insert halfway in the middle makes no sense.

Also when songs from two different genres with the exact same title and theme which are released within a year or two of each other. It shows a lack of originality and lack of knowledge of the music industry. Miley Cyrus came out with Wrecking Ball and Eric Church released a song with the same title and basically about the same thing. Another example is Tim Mcgraw's "Live Like You Were Dying" and Kris Allen's "Live Like We're Dying"

Then there are song covers that act all preppy and happy with a melancholy song. There's one particular cover of the song "Big Yellow Taxi" that gets played where I work. At the part where it's revealed that the singer's lover left him/her, the singer actually laughs. It's a song about losing someone and should have a sad feel at that particular point. To laugh at it like a joke and disregard the feelings the song writer put into it pisses me off.

Edited by Daydreamer09

Then there are song covers that act all preppy and happy with a melancholy song. There's one particular cover of the song "Big Yellow Taxi" that gets played where I work. At the part where it's revealed that the singer's lover left him/her, the singer actually laughs. It's a song about losing someone and should have a sad feel at that particular point. To laugh at it like a joke and disregard the feelings the song writer put into it pisses me off.

I think you are probably referring to the Counting Crows version of the song. Although the Amy Grant version is even worse (and that one makes it sound super bubbly happy). What really makes me sad is this is the only song that people really know by Counting Crows and ... while I never was super crazy about them during their hey-day and thought they were zomg amazing ... that is really a very sad song for that to be able to be the one that people "know" by them.

But hey... Muzak is where the money is. Amy Grant learned this lesson really early on and that is pretty much all she churns out these days. Which makes me super sad since she used to be sooooo amazing and sing really amazing music, no matter what your background.

And I agree, I never understood how this song could be turned into a poppy bubblegum airheaded song. But you know, there are a lot of songs like that too. That is why YouTube is filled with "songs you never knew what they were really about" that talk about stalking, death, depression, all sorts of really morbid and sad things, in this peppy happy tone.

Edited by natayah

Boy Bands in general are already bad enough, one direction and 5sos were pretty stupid to begin with, but to add on to that, (this isn't really their songs) the fanbase for most boy bands is extremely cancerous, and drives everyone crazy.