_Sin_

ANSWERED:Earning Special sprites via Activity

I'm going to say a big no on this. I get confused easily and would prefer the mana game over this.

Saying no to something because you get confused about it isn't something you should use in an argument against a suggestion. You should try to figure out the suggestion (no matter how confusing it is and I admit it was confusing for me too at first since it was a bit broad) and say WHY you don't like it.

Here is we are at right now:

Egg to hatchling: 1 point.

Hatchling to adult; 1 point.

It eliminates all the issues with bouncing using teleport, abandoning and repicking, etc, etc, etc. The system gives you points ONLY when an egg turns into a hatchling and a hatchling into an adult.

That's it. No penalties, no advantages for massbreeding.

Edited by _Sin_

New suggestion for earning points:

Just 1 Point for taking care of one dragon or more dragons every month.

For reaching this 1 Point in this particular month any combination out of this three things reached 6 times count:

-an egg hatched

-hatchling grows to stage 2

-hatchling becomes an adult

So no one is seduced (yeah mayby another wrong choice of word rolleyes.gif ) to mass-breeding just to get a Golden Shimmerscale.

Now the only thing is how many month to reach level 1 and how many to reach level 2 and so on?

But you know a raffle is a raffle right? I can live with the idea to never win it. I like the idea of being lucky in love.  wink.gif Nobody convince me that this is good for DC that it is just a matter of time that all of us own ALL CB Prizedragons. This change (i mean a picture from the future that is very certainly about to happen) sounds so boring to me.

But all of this is a mechanic to make us even more addicted to the game. Like the highscores and achievments in all the others games out there.

The bronze, silver and gold badge are allready there as achievments.

And then the cap at 5 points per month.

Or more simple the idea from DragonNighthowler

IMO, the best possibility, the simplest and most efective, and the one which will be easier to program is:

Yeah you can only gain 1 Point per Month or 5 Point per moth whatever unit it is then.

But yeah dump luck is fine with me.

Edited by Tigerkralle

Or more simple the idea from DragonNighthowler

Yeah you can only gain 1 Point per Month or 5 Point per moth whatever unit it is then.

But yeah dump luck is fine with me.

I can't speak for DragonNighthowler but I'm under the impression that didn't mean to cap the number of events. As in, every time that one egg hatches in your scroll you get 1 point, every time that one hatchie becomes an adult you get one point.

And I would like to add, every time that you freeze an hatchie, you get one point.

Edit: that type of cap would contradict completely the activity concept. Anybody that comes here once a month could have the same points that someone that plays every day.

Edited by _Sin_

Added Ha-Ki's and your suggestions to the OP.

And since I'm a fan of keep-it-simple, I'm adopting your suggestion. Until someone gives me good reasons not to :-)

I like this. I also like Olympe's suggestion.

I like this. I also like Olympe's suggestion.

Mixing both:

Hatchling to frozen hatchling: 1 point.

Hatchling to adult: 1 point.

I can't speak for DragonNighthowler but I'm under the impression that didn't mean to cap the number of events. As in, every time that one egg hatches in your scroll you get 1 point, every time that one hatchie becomes an adult you get one point.

And I would like to add, every time that you freeze an hatchie, you get one point.

Edit: that type of cap would contradict completely the activity concept. Anybody that comes here once a month could have the same points that someone that plays every day.

Exactly - your Suggestion is evidently intended to encourage people to play more, while also helping, if very gradually, in decreasing some of the more unfortunate results of the Raffle.

And just as in the Raffle this year, when people would get a ticket for every day they *came to the site and played* and collected a full mana bar, those who were able and willing to do so had a slight advantage which, the draw being random and among such a large group, in actuality meant little.

If people couldn't or didn't play every day, they'd not get the maximum number of potential tickets on the Raffle, but as long as they did it once, they were in.

In this case, people who, for example, habitually play with a lot of incoming hatchies might progress toward gaining a dragon from this far earlier than those who don't, but since it's not a zero sum thing, there'd be no disaster resulting - the rest of us would get there eventually.

And since this is a longer-term thing, we'd simply be working toward something we wanted and had an opportunity to get, in time, just as most dragons on DC have traditionally been ultimately available.

Sorry, i do not want to speak for DragonNighthowler. A misunderstanding.

A cap is mayby useful to avoid a game style that is greedy and fast forward to only gain points.

thumbs_up.png for points for freezing. Also because frozen hatchlings counts toward bronze, silver and gold trophy/badge.

I don't think there needs to be a cap of any sort. This is not a competition, but an individual goal. There is nothing wrong by reaching that goal sooner than others, as the less participative will get there as well.

Something like the Splash BSA. Everyone will get the badge as long as they reach 100 splashes. Those with a bunch of dragons (which's name I totally forgot) will get there sooner than those with less of the same breed, but both will get there as long as they keep splashing.

I don't think there needs to be a cap of any sort. This is not a competition, but an individual goal. There is nothing wrong by reaching that goal sooner than others, as the less participative will get there as well.

Something like the Splash BSA. Everyone will get the badge as long as they reach 100 splashes. Those with a bunch of dragons (which's name I totally forgot) will get there sooner than those with less of the same breed, but both will get there as long as they keep splashing.

The problem is not reaching the goal sooner, the problem is people exploiting. If there is no cap, then a person could make 5 fake scrolls, load them with eggs/hatchies and transfer them to their scroll to earn points. When I played Valenth, there were more than a few people that did this. More than a few that had 100s of scrolls to farm alts. And due to how ratios work, any system that lets people generate rares/alts etc will impact all of us once they enter the game and start breeding.

I remember for awhile, golds were almost extinct from the cave due to people mass breeding them for trades. Once messy lineages went out of fashion, a great deal of that stopped. And it's also the partial beauty of even-gens. The last generation is always fewer in number. But you can be sure if people can farm tradeable rare eggs, they will. En masse. And it only takes a tiny number of people doing it to make a huge impact.

The problem is not reaching the goal sooner, the problem is people exploiting. If there is no cap, then a person could make 5 fake scrolls, load them with eggs/hatchies and transfer them to their scroll to earn points. When I played Valenth, there were more than a few people that did this. More than a few that had 100s of scrolls to farm alts. And due to how ratios work, any system that lets people generate rares/alts etc will impact all of us once they enter the game and start breeding.

I remember for awhile, golds were almost extinct from the cave due to people mass breeding them for trades. Once messy lineages went out of fashion, a great deal of that stopped. And it's also the partial beauty of even-gens. The last generation is always fewer in number. But you can be sure if people can farm tradeable rare eggs, they will. En masse. And it only takes a tiny number of people doing it to make a huge impact.

Isn't that exactly the same problem that you would have with generic multiscrolling behavior? And wouldn't that mass of transfers/teleports be detected?

Edit... actually, now that I think about this... a behavior like that would be detected even faster since "history" would be kept.

Editing again... think about a tool like the one in EATW, showing "Most adults raised in 100 days", "Most adults raised in 1 month", "Most adults raised in a single day". That information alone could raise red flags.

Edited by _Sin_

Unfortunately, all we can do about multi's is to reassure ourselves that, sooner or later, they'll burn.

Since we haven't, at this point, any means to prevent cheaters, who do, indeed have a huge impact, should we let fear of them alter our own behaviour and potentials?

At least in this case, they presumably wouldn't be scooping up all potentially available 'earned' dragons so that the rest of almost never got to even see them...

Would there be any means of tracking dragons gathered in this manner, so that those gathering suspicious numbers very quickly could be located and checked out?

Some people do trade frequently for hatchies, and may, with perfect innocence, advance rapidly on points - but can't this innocence often be established fairly quickly?

TJ can tell every action taken, on any particular scroll, IF he has time to look, and a concern that warrants doing so.

Dunno if there's any way to code such tracking and auto-flag for review any scroll with some surprising number of 'earned' dragons rapidly being accumulated to be checked out - but it would certainly be nice for the rest of us if such cheating types were to be more quickly caught and the effect of them reduced.

Lol, getting back upstairs, I could see I was ninja'd, but am posting anyway, since it shows that more than one person is thinking along similar lines.

Isn't that exactly the same problem that you would have with generic multiscrolling behavior? And wouldn't that mass of transfers/teleports be detected?

Edit... actually, now that I think about this... a behavior like that would be detected even faster since "history" would be kept.

Editing again... think about a tool like the one in EATW, showing "Most adults raised in 100 days", "Most adults raised in 1 month", "Most adults raised in a single day". That information alone could raise red flags.

IIRC, the system for catching multiscrollers isn't failsafe. I heard different users had to report a single scroll for suspecion and the range of confirmation of it being a multi-scroller took from days to a couple months. Another said someone expressively said they owned 5 scrolls on another forum. Regarding the first, it was confirmed a multi-scroller even after a week is weird to me. Why would it take that long? Either we have too many for TJ to handle or the system doesn't do its job too well. I even remember scrolls I had to report where the name is same, but there's numbers at the end that changes by 1 each time. The person had over 15 scrolls... It took a couple of days before it was burned and that was AFTER someone else had to report too (they told me they reported and soon after like a few hours it was burned, all of them).

Regarding EATW tool for most raised in a day/month.... That doesn't prove anything. I bet you my stats (legit) outbeats many multi-scrollers... Multi-scroller in definition is just a person with multiple (meaning 2 at LEAST) accounts. I wouldn't be surprised if other players that are a bit over casual has better stats than a few multi-scrollers as well. =p

Anyways these are my stats:

608 Adults raised in 100 days.

209 Adults in 1 month.

40 Adults in one day (This is because those 40 were 100% Desipises)

Generic multi behavior can't create CB rare dragons. The cave only produces so many. Which means 2nd gens are limited too. If a person could, by their behavior, generate 1000 of a rare that normally appears twice, they will (exactly what happened on Valenth).

I think the responsible thing to do is be aware of the behavior and make sure constraints are in place before it happens. Either via TJ know he needs those logs to look at or by constraints in the system itself. IE Caps. And he'd need the time to do it. While it may be possible for him to sit around and burn 1000 scrolls, he may prefer to do other things.

If there is no cap, then a person could make 5 fake scrolls, load them with eggs/hatchies and transfer them to their scroll to earn points

And what is stopping them now?

I'm going to jump into the bandwaggon of others and insist, cheaters are cheaters, and will be cheaters no matter what you do. There is never an effective way to fight them, therefore, taking them into account when considering a suggestion is futile.

Specially when considering a suggestion like this one, which is individual in nature. That is, if the cheater wants to risk himself with 5 scrolls, it doesn't affect you the least. The only person who can come out harmed is him, as soon as TJ catches him and bans him for multiscrolling.

More than a few that had 100s of scrolls to farm alts. And due to how ratios work, any system that lets people generate rares/alts etc will impact all of us once they enter the game and start breeding.

Like I stated, it is not the case with this suggestion. It doesn't matter if it takes you 3 months to reach the goal, while it takes me 3 days because I managed to trade for 100 hatchies. Both players will get there.

After reading through this thread, I have to say I'm not in favor of this at all.

Aside from rewarding people for playing the game, which is silly as playing the game should be its own reward, it still penalizes people. Say I'm breeding one of my golds to a white & I get a white egg instead of the hoped for gold. The white egg therefore is useless/undesirable to me so I dump it. Now I'm being penalized by not getting those points for raising that egg, by abandoning an egg I don't want. I also like to play "alt lotto," this time using Undines. Now I'll be penalized again for getting rid of green hatchies, cuz I'm only interested in keeping yellow ones. Let's say I'm looking for a particular gender of Dragon Breed X, so I breed an egg, I hatch it, keep it on my scroll until it genders wrong, so I ditch it. I'm being penalized again for not raising it to an adult. In all three instances I'm being penalized (by NOT getting points) for doing something I normally do on my scroll with no consequences at all.

I like the raffles & this is from someone who has NEVER won one. I also am not happy with the sense of entitlement I get from threads like this that says EVERYONE should HAVE the special pretty CB dragons cuz they want them. If you want it them, work for them. Every rare I have on my scroll, I got myself without trading, cuz I worked towards getting one. I don't have super fast reflexes or a super fast internet connection, or the ability to sit here & prowl the Cave 24/7. I hunt the AP as well as periodically buzz through each biome at roughly the 5 minute mark. Which probably takes no more than a half hour of my time each day. Prize dragon sprites & rares do show up in the AP & if they're not CB, who cares? The sprites are the same & naming it CB Dragon X is no indication that it actually is a CB. *looks at all the fake Dorkfaces floating around*

In conclusion, I have to say NO to this or any other ideas/suggestions for getting something that people playing the game the way it was intended to be played got.

IIRC, the system for catching multiscrollers isn't failsafe. I heard different users had to report a single scroll for suspecion and the range of confirmation of it being a multi-scroller took from days to a couple months. Another said someone expressively said they owned 5 scrolls on another forum. Regarding the first, it was confirmed a multi-scroller even after a week is weird to me. Why would it take that long? Either we have too many for TJ to handle or the system doesn't do its job too well. I even remember scrolls I had to report where the name is same, but there's numbers at the end that changes by 1 each time. The person had over 15 scrolls... It took a couple of days before it was burned and that was AFTER someone else had to report too (they told me they reported and soon after like a few hours it was burned, all of them). 

Regarding EATW tool for most raised in a day/month.... That doesn't prove anything. I bet you my stats (legit) outbeats many multi-scrollers... Multi-scroller in definition is just a person with multiple (meaning 2 at LEAST) accounts. I wouldn't be surprised if other players that are a bit over casual has better stats than a few multi-scrollers as well. =p

Anyways these are my stats:

608 Adults raised in 100 days.

209 Adults in 1 month.

40 Adults in one day (This is because those 40 were 100% Desipises)

In such a system as that proposed, do you think that automatic tracking of such 'earned' dragons with automatic flagging of unusually fast accumulations might be feasible and perhaps make it easier to locate and investigate potentially suspicious scrolls, thereby removing multis more quickly than has been the case until now?

In your case, innocence would be pre-indicated quite easily, which might not be true for everyone, but at least an auto-alert would, (assuming that this actually was feasible and implemented,) ensure that anyone having an atypical number of 'earned' dragons accumulating would be reviewed .

Understood. But I was referencing a very specific point in Vhale's post. The one about someone transferring a bunch of hatchies from other scrolls. While an "above average" raising is not proof of anything, could be the review trigger.

In such a system as that proposed, do you think that automatic tracking of such 'earned' dragons with automatic flagging of unusually fast accumulations might be feasible and perhaps make it easier to locate and investigate potentially suspicious scrolls, thereby removing multis more quickly than has been the case until now?

In your case, innocence would be pre-indicated quite easily, which might not be true for everyone, but at least an auto-alert would, (assuming that this actually was feasible and implemented,) ensure that anyone having an atypical number of 'earned' dragons accumulating would be reviewed .

Depends how you view fast. Is anyone that gets a response, "Whoa ohmy.gif You got your gold trophy in that amount of time?! That's crazy!" subject to having to be scanned? The tool doesn't even work if you keep your adults hidden. I had to unhid mine and then use the tool for it to work. laugh.gif So what do you say about multi-scrollers that can't be flagged through that? Hiding your scroll also prevents the tool from working. >.>; Anyways, I believe highly that if someone had raised many adults in one day it would take a lot of coordination and planning ahead. I'm sorry I don't have the statistics for multis using this tool, but for a couple of users that are in the same boat as me and actually getting to know them... They seem to know what they're doing, trading-wise that would "flag" as multiscrolling due to them being able to do IOUs in advance to mature into adults. However from the behavior that I observed myself from multiscrollers (given that they were pretty much the type with the exact scroll name with 5+ Different variations of the name, upping the number by 1 each time, and having the same similar/amount of badges...) they don't just hoard and hold onto hatchlings and wait for the last minute to transfer to the other scroll.

As for the wording on second paragraph, first sentence.... That to me implies that I do in fact have "suspicious" stats that causes, "Omg, look at those stats, I have to tell a mod to make sure they're not multi-scrolling!". Yes, I know if I'm innocent I don't need to be afraid, but I don't like to feel I have people waiting for the worst moments and trying to "expose" me over a trivial sentence(s) and even after the first time someone flags me, it doesn't guarantee the next few people won't. In fact, they most likely will if they find it "suspicious", because after all, how are they going to know someone already flagged me? It's like being at work and being watched over like a dog. It makes people who worked very hard (and trust me those 104 Desipises WERE NOT EASY or "stressless") conflicted on whether or not if they should share such achievement based on the fear of others flagging them. Sadly the minority of such isn't considered because we are "suspicious".

There's so much factoring into determining a multi and I'm not sure how TJ approaches multi's and it's probably better only he and a few people he trusts know how that is handled. But in my opinion, it's not the best if we've had multi-scrollers win the raffle and get their prize. Then after some "searching" they get their scroll burnt, which means -1 (even 2 in one case) prize each time (and there are a few CB Prize owners with their scroll burnt and I wouldn't be surprised if a couple were multi's/something against cave terms/conditions), which just hurts us. Pretty sure TJ doesn't just give a couple of users a CB prize when those scrolls get burnt. Where I used to mod, we had a filter in game to catch, "hackers", "third-party software users", etc but there were still people that could get away with any of those above. Not only that, but innocent people had their accounts banned from the filter too.

@Sin: Ah alright then my misunderstanding then. >__>; I thought you were trying to say we could catch all multi's using EATW's tool. <__< But yeah, TJ would just have to inspect action page for that though.

I am steadfastly against any system that allows for the unlimited generation of rares.

/no support for no cap

Also. The tracker would have to follow said rares to the ap after they were dumped as a trollish person would generate them, dump them and unsuspecting people would have them killed after they picked them up. As happened with Christmas dragons that bred 2nd gens that were not supposed to after the 2nd gens had grown.

Anything involving points following ap dumps of hatchies, not forgetting also that vamped christmas dragons counted against the Christmas cb limit after on one's scroll, preventing people from picking up Christmas dragons. Much trolling was had with that one.

I am steadfastly against any system that allows for the unlimited generation of rares.

/no support for no cap

Also. The tracker would have to follow said rares to the ap after they were dumped as a trollish person would generate them, dump them and unsuspecting people would have them killed after they picked them up. As happened with Christmas dragons that bred 2nd gens that were not supposed to after the 2nd gens had grown.

Anything involving points following ap dumps of hatchies, not forgetting also that vamped christmas dragons counted against the Christmas cb limit after on one's scroll, preventing people from picking up Christmas dragons. Much trolling was had with that one.

blink.gif

Don't understand what all that has to do with this suggestion.

/no support for no cap

In your opinion, what should be the cap? I suggested per scroll, so I assume you are envisioning something different.

Quoting myself. My apologies for typos, grammar and syntax.

An option should be to (inversely) associate the cap with the levels. For example, in a lifetime, you can earn not more than 18 (9x2) eggs of a sprite that is associated with the first (easiest) level but only 2 (1x2) of a sprite that is associated with the 9th, the hardest, level. You could still earn a different sprite anyway. As in, if a Gold Shimmer is on level 9, you can earn no more than 2 in total. But you could still earn 2 Gold Tinsels. If a Silver Shimmer is on level 8, you could earn no more than 4. But you could still earn 4 Silver Tinsels. Please note that this is only an example, with full room for debate.

Edited by _Sin_

Depends how you view fast. Is anyone that gets a response, "Whoa ohmy.gif You got your gold trophy in that amount of time?! That's crazy!" subject to having to be scanned? The tool doesn't even work if you keep your adults hidden. I had to unhid mine and then use the tool for it to work. laugh.gif So what do you say about multi-scrollers that can't be flagged through that? Hiding your scroll also prevents the tool from working. >.>; Anyways, I believe highly that if someone had raised many adults in one day it would take a lot of coordination and planning ahead. I'm sorry I don't have the statistics for multis using this tool, but for a couple of users that are in the same boat as me and actually getting to know them... They seem to know what they're doing, trading-wise that would "flag" as multiscrolling due to them being able to do IOUs in advance to mature into adults. However from the behavior that I observed myself from multiscrollers (given that they were pretty much the type with the exact scroll name with 5+ Different variations of the name, upping the number by 1 each time, and having the same similar/amount of badges...) they don't just hoard and hold onto hatchlings and wait for the last minute to transfer to the other scroll.

As for the wording on second paragraph, first sentence.... That to me implies that I do in fact have "suspicious" stats that causes, "Omg, look at those stats, I have to tell a mod to make sure they're not multi-scrolling!". Yes, I know if I'm innocent I don't need to be afraid, but I don't like to feel I have people waiting for the worst moments and trying to "expose" me over a trivial sentence(s) and even after the first time someone flags me, it doesn't guarantee the next few people won't. In fact, they most likely will if they find it "suspicious", because after all, how are they going to know someone already flagged me? It's like being at work and being watched over like a dog. It makes people who worked very hard (and trust me those 104 Desipises WERE NOT EASY or "stressless") conflicted on whether or not if they should share such achievement based on the fear of others flagging them. Sadly the minority of such isn't considered because we are "suspicious".

There's so much factoring into determining a multi and I'm not sure how TJ approaches multi's and it's probably better only he and a few people he trusts know how that is handled. But in my opinion, it's not the best if we've had multi-scrollers win the raffle and get their prize. Then after some "searching" they get their scroll burnt, which means -1 (even 2 in one case) prize each time (and there are a few CB Prize owners with their scroll burnt and I wouldn't be surprised if a couple were multi's/something against cave terms/conditions), which just hurts us. Pretty sure TJ doesn't just give a couple of users a CB prize when those scrolls get burnt. Where I used to mod, we had a filter in game to catch, "hackers", "third-party software users", etc but there were still people that could get away with any of those above. Not only that, but innocent people had their accounts banned from the filter too.

@Sin: Ah alright then my misunderstanding then. >__>; I thought you were trying to say we could catch all multi's using EATW's tool. <__< But yeah, TJ would just have to inspect action page for that though.

Sorry, I'm afraid that I wasn't very clear at all, lol.

I meant more something computerized and official, as an alert system, for checks - not something reliant on other players getting suspicious about people raising a lot of hatchies per se but about the rate of flow of (hypothetically) auto-tracked 'earned' dragons since I'm assuming also that they would not be tradeable and would all have to go to the main scroll of a multi.

In a previous post, I wondered:

Would there be any means of tracking dragons gathered in this manner, so that those gathering suspicious numbers very quickly could be located and checked out?

Some people do trade frequently for hatchies, and may, with perfect innocence, advance rapidly on points - but can't this innocence often be established fairly quickly?

TJ can tell every action taken, on any particular scroll, IF he has time to look, and a concern that warrants doing so.

Dunno if there's any way to code such tracking and auto-flag for review any scroll with some surprising number of 'earned' dragons rapidly being accumulated to be checked out - but it would certainly be nice for the rest of us if such cheating types were to be more quickly caught and the effect of them reduced.

This is why I was thinking of this as a possible way to register auto-alerts for checking what might appear to be *potentially* suspicious numbers of the (theoretically) trackable 'earned' dragons accumulating on scrolls, since TJ is certainly at least as aware as are most of us that people accumulate dragons at greatly varying rates. (Are hidden dragons also concealed from TJ's system?)

Obviously, nobody wants to be viewed as suspicious, or to feel that anyone's watching them, but those known to be able to accumulate high rates of points through legal activities could surely have their 'normal' levels adjusted so that alerts on them wouldn't trigger the system, or some other such work-around.

If we assume, as an example, that the average player could 'earn' two of the lower-level dragons or one of the higher-level dragons a year, and somebody earned 16 in this period, this should show actually well prior to the end of the year, and an investigation could be instituted.

The mere knowledge that such a system was in place could actually do a lot to forestall such cheating.

I am, of course, talking through my hat here, and this is almost certainly a no-fly, I expect, for any number of possible reasons - but, darn, wouldn't it be nice to not have to worry and work everything around the multi bogymen?

Edit: also, wouldn't it be nice if these were officially checked and more multis dealt with faster so that people didn't feel that they any longer had to report people perhaps simply because they do trade for a lot of hatchies and this increase struck them as suspicious?

People seem to be more easily suspicious of others when they're sure that there ARE some getting away with cheating, may start seeing even innocent things in the light of whatever they're looking out for, and may then be more likely to accuse others without any solid reason.

If they feel that someone official's right on it, and it's not their responsibility, their whole perception may be different.

Re-edit: this, however, is a side issue/effect, based on speculation (I know nothing about this sort of thing, lol,) that 'earned' dragons could potentially be tracked, and brought up due to expressed concerns about multi-scrollers.

Edited by Syphoneira

In your opinion, what should be the cap? I suggested per scroll, so I assume you are envisioning something different.

Quoting myself. My apologies for typos, grammar and syntax.

I am fine with the cap you mentioned before, I was responding to people completely against any kind of cap.

We have limits on eggs, freezing, kills, zombie attempts, bsa etc. I think limits on points is a good thing and would inhibit people from exploiting. While there will always be cheaters, I prefer to minimize the effect their bad behavior can have on the cave than let them run wild and try to deal with it later.

1 point each for hatching an egg and growing up a hatchie and a cap of 5 points per month? That combination is a bit ridiculous, because hatching and raising 3 eggs a month already gives you 6 points in that system. If we introduce a cap that is so low, we can forget about the whole "earn your rares" idea and give them out for free to everyone who has logged on once a month for a year.

If there has to be a cap, it should be one that reflects how many eggs you can raise to adulthood all by yourself in a month. With a gold trophy, you can hatch 7 eggs every 3 days (if you don't incubate). That's 70 eggs every 30 days. Since all of those give you a point again when they grow up, that's 140 points without incubates, trading and AP-eggs. So I think if we introduce a cap, it should be something like 150 points per month (since we do have incubate and low-time eggs in the AP).

Regarding complicated vs. easy reward systems: The reason for the complication of my suggestion was to reward raising a dragon all by yourself higher than trading for hatchies. I'm fine with a simpler system, as long as it's fair.