MasterWeavile898

Pokemon: Veins from the Soul OP & OOC

It's fine Soiled, I'm not gonna rush you. Only those who have yet to post need worry

EDIT: Oh, oops, you haven't posted. IO thought you had. Whale, you were waiting on TUM though, so I'd still say you're fine

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Whelp, I guess this is the part where I apologize for not being on for so long. A bunch of stuff happened and I got busy doing other things and I still am kinda busy. I'm going to go ahead and try and stay active, but I'll probably end up fall off the side of the earth again and reappear two weeks later.

I really hate to do this, but is it possible for me to give up Ina and allow Poison to be reopened again? I think I could do a post for Lucas, but I'm not so sure I could of Ina. I'm not even sure I'm interested in playing her anymore. I haven't posted for her at all so we could make it as though she never existed. I feel terrible for asking this, but I really don't think I could handle her for the time being.

I can't promise a post today, but I can promise one by the end of the week. Worst comes to worst, the post will come Friday.

Sorry, y'all! You have my apologizes for my absence. >.<

Yeah, that's absolutely fine. Poison is open to anyone who wants it, if nobody ends up with it then I'll just make an NPC

EDIT: So you should all go read the top of the OP, TUM is now the head of the official unofficial Veins post police

I'll take poison! I'm going to come out of inactivity by tomorrow, most likely, if not, then the day after, so don't worry. Also, I feel weird with only one character...

Awwww....I kind of wanted poison, but oh well I love my Beedrill

Username: SL

Character Name: Rosalie Winterbell, "Poison Rose" or, "Sweet Deathtrap"

Personality: Rosalie is, despite her various nicknames (given to her by her brothers and friends as a joke), a very sweet girl. She's naive and innocent and always wanting to cheer people up, smiling to the best of her abilities through everything. She cries easily and is a bit of a crybaby as well as being a little spoiled. However, her sweet demeanor can make anyone bewitched. The only problem is that she loves cooking. Why is that a problem? Because any food that is prepared by Rosalie's hands because completely inedible. Somehow, she manages to poison or drug her cooking, which doesn't actually look bad at all, unintentionally. Since she loves getting what she wants and is a sucker for compliments, she always cries and is unhappy when people reject her cooking. She's sad because of this. However, she loves poison types because they like her cooking! Although she is usually completely oblivious, she isn't totally stupid, and knows that she can use her cooking as a weapon. She can also read the atmosphere quite well, knowing when someone is sad or wouldn't appreciate her cheer. Secretly, she's a natural sadist, but she doesn't know that.

Type: Poison

Partner(s): Trandafir

Other: Symptoms of being near to/coming into contact with Rosalie's cooking: fainting, vomiting, nausea, headaches, cold chills, fevers, indigestion, stomach aches, or whatever the effect of the drug she poisoned it with (not on purpose, of course)

Name: Trandafir

Species: Roserade

Trainer: Rosalie

Nature and Personality: Nature: Mild. Trandafir is a gentle Pokemon who usually is calm and playful around others. He enjoys socializing and is a bit of a pacifist. However, he's also fiercely protective and would kill to protect his trainer and friends.

Ability: Poison Point

Move 1: Grasswhistle

Move 2: Toxic Spikes

Move 3: Leaf Storm

Move 4: Magical Leaf

Edited by SoiledLove

Well, okay then. These looks fine, I'll ask you to hold off posting for a bit until I have time to review them in detail, but unless there's something majorly wrong they're probs okay

Does anyone mind if I drop Linden (the electric trainer)? I've been trying to write a post for him for almost a week, and I can't come up with anything half decent. >_<

I do not, someone else may claim an Electric type male, or I can make an NPC

Sorry for not posting for everyone, I just haven't gotten around to it. Should have at least two tomorrow

Can I claim electric then? I'll be making a form for him throughout the time I'm here today

Username: RoD

Character Name: Zackary 'Zack' Johnson

Personality: Zack can hardly keep still when it comes to paying attention. He is very hyperactive and highly talkative. He has a very small attention span when someone else is talking and prefers not to pay attention. He can be extremely goofy even though he doesn't really notice it and completely forgets the task at hand due to his short attention span

Type: Electric

Partner(s): Whiskers

Other: Careful not to give him anything that will make him hyper

Name: Whiskers

Species: Dedenne

Trainer: Zack

Nature and Personality: -Calm Nature- Whiskers is the complete opposite from Zack with her calm and cool personality, Whiskers seem to take everything in with a clear conscience and can be extremely intelligent because of this. She can be quite harsh to her owner as she doesn't tolerate his limited attention span, but she will cut him some slack every now and then

Ability: Pickup

Move 1: Play Rough

Move 2: Thunderbolt

Move 3: Rain Dance

Move 4: Thunder

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

Shore, that's fine. I'd like a little more ob the personalities if you please, but then they're good

I'll update the OP once RoD's sheets are done

So, do I start my poison with the cave-in thing still?

Also, just wanna know, about what level are our Pokemon... Just so I know their strength.

Phew, been a busy week for me. I'll have something up for Larissa on Sunday, as well as something for Jacob if MW decides to make an update to join the two groups.

I'm still working out how to start off the changed characters, I'll let you know when I finish the pair of posts I'm working on

And it's anime stuff, a "level 5" Snivy can best a "level 100" Pikachu. I.E. Levels aren't much of a thing

Yeah, life keeps happening. You'll probably get a post out of me perhaps tomorrow. I'll be a bit busy Sunday, so if I can't squeeze something out by tomorrow, then I'm not sure when I'll be able to get a post in.

Yeah, I know, but I just want a vague understanding of their strength so I don't overpower my characters. So, like, is their strength determined purely by how competent their trainers are or can you gauge their strength on a scale of one to ten?

Alright, thanks.

Edited by SoiledLove

Winners are decided entirely based on how skilled the trainer is and how strong their bond with their Pokemon is, even more so for the Veins

EDIT: I swapped the Electric and Poison starting locations based on their personalities

So I'm smart and already forgot who I have left to reply to. If your character is waiting on me, mind letting me know?

And added, you and Phoebe post your characters packign up and leaving the room and then they'll be in position for chapter 2

So reading through characters, and there's a few things that I'm realizing need improved/changed. Since I let them through before, I won't expel you from the RP if you don't do as I ask. But if you would please at least consider

First up, Carmine's personality. Phoebe, I know we talked about this and at the time I decided it was okay, but I think that "Acts different based on emotions" leaves too much of an excuse for random mood swings and not enough for character growth and development. I think we're early on enough and you've done little enough with her that you could give her an actual personality. No rush, but I'd like you to consider it

Kozuki's personality. I feel that describing your character by their mental illness is a bad way to go about things. She should be Kozuki who happens to also be bipolar, not Kozuki the bipolar. It would be nice if you could give an actual personality describing who she is instead of what she is

The last sentence in Sherilyn's personality bugs the hell outta me, KN, mind if I just delete it?

And Soiled, this is kinda dumb, but I noticed that most all the characters are like all the same ages. So unless it's super important for her to exist, you think Rosalie could be 17 instead of 16? There's several people who are 16 and none who are 17. I'd change Sparrow, but she's required to be 16 to have been born

Okay yeah, you know what, I'm not going to stay quiet any longer either. TE: mental illness is a real thing that real people struggle with. You might not realize this but you're treating bipolar disorder in a way that's pretty insensitive to people who really have it. Imagine if you had a disorder which heavily affected your ability to function and interact with other human beings, and then when you try to go online as a break from real life, you see characters everywhere with awful stereotypical versions of your disorder that don't require medication/careful monitoring/special routines to be kept in check, and upon reading this, people begin to believe your disorder is like this, that it's "not so bad", and start acting accordingly in real life. I'm not saying Kozuki can't have bipolar disorder; it's just that right now she seems to have an extremely simplified and stereotypical version of bipolar disorder, and that's really harmful to a lot of people.

Here is a brief guide on writing mentally ill characters that you might want to check out. Also, I suggest doing a LOT of research - and not just reading wikipedia pages and the like either, try to find blogs by people who actually have bipolar disorder.

Well, I was going to be upset with you for doing that immediately after I asked for some edits, because I was worried it might make said edits look like setup for bashing. But after reading that, I don't know how I can be. Beautifully said Pi