MasterWeavile898

Pokemon: Veins from the Soul OP & OOC

Different character. The Vein system still only supports one type

I'm just providing a method to fill slots so I don't have to make as many NPCs. I want to get going soon since so many slots are filled. Trying to keep people from losing interest while waiting for more sign-ups that may not come

Also, DSL, please give me a post after you edit. It takes me hours to notice those edit notes

Oh, and your characters are accepted now

EDIT: I really like Aristo's personality now, thank you for writing it out fully ^^

Alright, you guys can claim a second character if you want, according to the rules above

You also need to make their gender opposite your first character's

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Sweet! Although by those rules, my choices are restricted to...Rock or Ground. Go figure. Can I at least make them nonbinary instead of male

I was trying to figure out the "starting pairs" thing.

So, the person you start with is the type paired with your type there?

Luckily, if that's true, Ghost wasn't paired with Fighting, otherwise, we'd have a problem of sheer combined type effectiveness.

(Please no critique or anything yet, I'm still working on this. I don't have much inspiration as of now, so I'll try to finish in a couple days.)

Username: KoalaNoob

Character Name: Sherilyn Ainslie

Personality: Sherilyn isn't quite sure of what she's doing. The truth is that she's scared out of her wits, being a fugitive and all that, but she tries to act confident. A lie she often tells herself is that the entire ordeal she's going through is fake. She pretends that it's for some organization wanting to make a good story, even though she knows it's just a game to soothe herself. Overall, she's like a scared turtle- stuck inside a shell and too afraid to peek out and face reality. Unfortunately for this turtle, she's in a pot of boiling water.

Type: Water

Partner(s): Aquisia

Other:

Name: Aquisia

Species: Vaporeon

Trainer: Sherilyn

Nature and Personality: -Calm- Unlike her trainer, Aquisia isn't afraid of what's happening, and has accepted reality quite well. She's the one that guides Sherilyn through everything, and never falters in being a caring guide. She's also quite down-to-earth, and will be harsh when annoyed. As much as stupidity irritates her, she'll struggle through it and be friendly and helpful as long as it's somebody she cares about.

Ability: Water Absorb

Move 1: Scald

Move 2: Wish

Move 3: Protect

Move 4: Ice Beam

Edited by KoalaNoob

Depends on the current gender ratio, Pi. I have no problem with a non-binary character, but I'm fairly certain we could use more males. If the ratio is less than 2:1 female:male, then I think I'm okay with it

Just checked, it's 5:3 for accepted characters. If we count KN's charrie and Daniel, it's 3:2

Either way, you're good. Though I'd still prefer a male

Yes, DSL, that's it exactly. Also, Ghost and almost anything is pretty dangerous

Yup, Ghost/Fairy is pretty scary too - resisted only by Litleo and Pyroar. Defensive-wise though Steel/Fairy is pretty amazin', with two immunities and nine resistances? If Metagross and co. play their cards right they can probably wreck everything.

Alright, I'll wait for a while and see how it goes.

I can't take a second character since both Flying and Fairy have been claimed. tongue.gif I'll just stick with my one, then. I'm glad Ghost is paired with Normal. I wouldn't want to face them in battle, haha.

Some other type combos here that are on the (Gen 5) list I'm using:

Dark/Fighting: Resisted by Toxicroak family and Heracross. I can actually see Toxicroak in use, though.

Dragon/Water: Resisted by Empoleon, Ferrothorn family, and Shedinja

Ground/Rock: Torterra, Flygon, Claydol family, Breloom, and Bronzong (Levitate)

Edited by DarkShinyLugia

With the introduction of Gen 6 some of those have fallen from grace:

Dark/Fighting: in addition to those, Hawlucha and nearly every Fairy (Clefable, Togekiss, Granbull, Whimsicott, Florges, Aromatisse, and Slurpuff families; Dedenne, Sylveon, Xerneas).

Dragon/Water: Whimsicott and Azumarill families.

Ground/Rock: Chesnaught. Still solid, though.

This is a useful tool for checking these things.

Okay shutting up now.

With Electric and Ice you can hit everything's or at least neutral except for the Magnezone family and Rotom-H + Rotom-W. Nothing has those two types as STABs, though.

Well this is both terrible and something I'm not really proud of. Ah well, at least it's done. Have a dork riding a queen of fiery destruction.

Username: Doctortear

Character Name: Lucas Ire

Personality: "Dork" would be the best term to describe Lucas. He is a very excitable person and becomes immersed in the strangest of things. Once he becomes fascinated with something, he will obsess over it for a great length of time. He is slightly socially awkward in the fact that he assumes everyone is interested in the collection of worthless information he has gathered. It isn't hard to hurt his feelings, making it so that the rougher of folks won't find it easier to befriend fragile Lucas. Not being so great with people, Lucas normally surrounds himself with books as opposed to people. He is a generally friendly to strangers, but isn't afraid to express his opinion which is something that may not be welcomed. Though outwardly joyful most of the time, Lucas can get serious when necessary and can even turn cold in dire situations. Lucas is a man of his word and will fulfill and promise he has made no matter how small, big, right, or wrong said promise is.

Type: Bug

Partner(s): Valerie

Other: Lucas, while curious, isn't a coward. He may find interest in what others see in disgust or horror. It may take some time to rip him away from a rather dark subject if he finds it worth studying.

Name: Valerie

Species: Volcarona

Trainer: Lucas Ire

Nature and Personality: With a mild nature, Valerie proves to me a fairly well-mannered creature who minds her business and doesn't push her way into the affairs of others. She is compliant and is willing to work with just about anyone. She isn't the one to judge and often keeps her thoughts to herself. She pays a great amount of attention to detail and notes the smallest of remarks and the slightest movements. Valerie is generally courteous to others, but often does not let herself get close. To the few that know her well, Valerie is a sweet and caring being who would not hesitate to put others in front of herself.

Ability: Flame Body

Move 1: Fiery Dance

Move 2: Bug Buzz

Move 3: Fly

Move 4: Giga Drain

Edited by Doctortear

Doctor you are such an Ava's Demon nerd. Don't even try to deny it man I see that reference

;;;;;;;;;)

>many of the type effectiveness(es) can't hit Shedinja.

*proceeds to repeat "Please no Shedinja" over and over*

Edited by DarkShinyLugia

I'm almost tempted to make you shorten that, just because I can. Almost

Accepted and welcomed

EDIT: Doesn't Shedinja have like six or seven weaknesses?

Nope, I don't know what you're talking about. You totally aren't the second person who pointed that out and you won't be the last, nope, nope. Hail Titan.

Just for that comment, I'm tempted to make it longer, Master. It's so short though, so very, very, short and I feel exposed because of that. :c

I'm ashamed of myself. Usually my personality and physical descriptions are like 500 words long. I'm out of practice. tongue.gif

Volcarona is boss.

Shedinja has five weaknesses, those being flying, ghost, dark, rock, and fire.

Yes, Volcarona is a boss and, hopefully, always will be.

It's not though, I don't want full personalities, just enough to get a general grasp of the character

You can also use Soak on it to put it down to two. Electric and Grass are both fairly common attacking types though. Not to mention entry hazards, Mold Breaker, weather, status conditions, literally everything that indirectly deals damage, etc.

Volcarona is... okay let's be real here I LOVE Bug-types, especially this giant fluffy sun moth, but Stealth Rock shaves off 50% of its health. Keep Volcarona Away From Scary Rocks 2014

HAIL TITAN

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

You guys are making me feel like I write minuscule amounts. The iPad doesn't like me writing big amounts though. It enjoys watching me suffer as I become sad after the untimely deleting of huge chunks of writing.

Telling me to write short doesn't work well. I tell my brain short and it makes weird stuff happen.

Wait what's with all this about second characters (if I read/understood it correctly)?

This is why you have Rapid Spin/Defog support. I remember there was that one Battle CD puzzle in Gale of Darkness where you had to KO six Shedinja in one turn. Turns out you just needed to lay down spikes. xd.png

To be able to take on a second character, there has to be a pokemon introduced in gen 3 that has Your Type/Your Wanted Type as a dual type. For Fighting, Psychic, Fire, and Grass are open to you. Not bad, compared to me who has no options ;_;

Edited by TehUltimateMage

^^^

Basically, I want to minimize how many Veins are NPCs before we get started

Also, KN, just in case you missed it, you have three days after claiming your type to post a sheet before I free it again. Then you need a sheet to go alongnwith your claim

When are we starting? Because I'm thinking of taking Rock with everyone's favourite squawky fossil bird but it'll probably take me a bit to get character stuff ready.

(...You sure do like gen III don't you. My first game was Diamond and I'm mostly a V/VI junkie... Whatever that's what bulbapedia is for amirite)