Nanashi

CPA Duels (OoC/HQ thing) [Almost Always Open]

Those dreaded human sandwiches. xd.png

SL, hiding under tables may not be a good idea. Considering I throw them.

Charizard... Of course my mind goes to Feraligatr. xd.png (Is this the moment when I reveal that Psychic Pokemon hold the island in the air?)

Wh...you...that's like a thing a Pokemon movie villain would do. In fact I think that was a thing that a Pokemon movie villain did. He had a church with giant windows packed fulla Soloses or something. Don't descend to Pokemon movie villainy bro

It isn't actually held up by Psychic Pokemon... That you know of. It's because of... Something else... But revealing that would ruin my plans.

Also, the ones who can fly would just be watching it fall... Or trying to help. I have a feeling I'd be the one who just stares at the island(s) while it/they fall. (Different islands per arena.)

I want a logic battle (or at least, a straightforward, physics-abiding fight) against Pi.

That came out of nowhere.

Oh man

Okay I was going to say some stuff about unavoidable implausibility (I MEAN I'm a magical kindofgirl and you're a mage) but...if that happens how much allowance would we make for magic and Cool Stuff? Would there be a strict conversion rate between magic and physics breaking? Are small-scale violations of the square-cube law okay??? Do we have to take into account air displaced from summoning/teleportation??? Am I going to make an exception and let people shoot lightning at things????? Okay that last one's a definite no. Lightning shooting was always a BS power. But yeah under the circumstances I don't think this is entirely possible

No lightning shooting. Fireballs obey the laws of thermodynamics. Probably no making stuff out of nothing, either.

Username: DarkShinyLugia

Nicknames: DarkShinyMyuugia, CorsolaTheGodess sometimes

Species: An evolved form of Corsola that technically shouldn't exist.

Looks: A pink lioness with white spots and underbelly, like a Corsola's markings.

Powers: Can be invisible (Camouflage), knows Hydro Pump, Power Gem, and Earth Power.

Skills: Water doesn't affect her as much. Can breathe underwater.

Preferred Weapon: Claws and above moves.

Other: I shall draw her. I will. *five minutes later, banging head on desk*

Edited by DarkShinyLugia

Since people are randomly challenging others, I'm gonna challenge Melomancer! X)

Well I got up an hour early but this has been 1-2 hours since then...

I know I'd be too op, maybe my dark form could have gravity control (cause it'd be a black hole version)

Also whenever I was saying something that could be hurtful I put a biggrin.gif at the end to signify the joke... it didn't work though.

Shrug. Honestly, I've made a giant spider species, and their planet is actually larger than Earth. I'm only really against Bad Science when 1) people clearly have no idea what science is (and why no scientist would ever torture and vivisect a unique test subject), 2) it's unrealistic enough that I can't ignore it and its only justification is "IT'S FICTION FICTION DOESN'T NEED TO BE REALISTIC" (which is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard), or 3) it's unscientific in a really internally inconsistent way. Hardcore science, when it shows up in fiction, is pretty cool - but I'm not the kind of writer who'd take the effort to do it.

We can totally duel and call each other out on things that get too close to breaking one of those rules though.

Since people are randomly challenging others, I'm gonna challenge Melomancer! X)

Challenge accepted. *tries to crack knuckles menacingly*

Powers and effects poof away when you call out the inconsistencies? Also why are scientists always evil torturers. Lab/experimentation stories were cool when I was 13. Now I'm like "but the worst thing a scientist can do is make the dangerous 'test subject' hold a grudge against them why would you even do that. "

All in all, we should just have a basic duel with not too many gimmicks. I might swap in a more physical fighter, but I'm not sure.

Username: DarkShinyLugia

Nicknames: DarkShinyMyuugia, CorsolaTheGodess sometimes

Species: An evolved form of Corsola that technically shouldn't exist.

Looks: A pink lioness with white spots and underbelly, like a Corsola's markings.

Powers: Can be invisible (Camouflage), knows Hydro Pump, Power Gem, and Earth Power.

Skills: Water doesn't affect her as much. Can breathe underwater.

Preferred Weapon: Claws and above moves.

Other: I shall draw her. I will. *five minutes later, banging head on desk*

Added up! Yay, weird-ish Pokemon! xd.png

...Nova is currently yelling at me. Because I'm tired. But... *continues muttering about things* ...Okay, to sum it all up, if I randomly vanish, it means I'm asleep.

Powers and effects poof away when you call out the inconsistencies? Also why are scientists always evil torturers. Lab/experimentation stories were cool when I was 13. Now I'm like "but the worst thing a scientist can do is make the dangerous 'test subject' hold a grudge against them why would you even do that. "

All in all, we should just have a basic duel with not too many gimmicks. I might swap in a more physical fighter, but I'm not sure.

YES OH MY GOD that's what I've been saying for AGES. I mean, you're a "scientist", okay. You're not exactly an upstanding and incredibly moral citizen, okay. I'm not fond of how common that is in media, but this is still plausible. But half the stuff you do is still directly counterproductive to your research. You've got your hands on an alien - wow, sure, go ahead and torture and murder it! It's not like that was likely the only alien you'll ever get your hands on, and you were incredibly lucky that it was intact and alive in the first place. It's not like you can't buy tons of mice and crickets for cheap at the pet store and no one would blink an eye (but you TOTALLY needed to kidnap a random guy off the streets to test your unknown chemicals on). And it's DEFINITELY not like you'd have a ton of people lining up to participate in a few experiments for a nice attitude and a bit of cash. I just - ugh. The vast majority of mad scientists fall squarely under the-writer-had-no-idea-what-science-is for me. Guess it's true what they say - these people are writers precisely because they failed the sciences ;P (kidding. But seriously why can't we have some proper science in fiction for once.)

Also: "Hmm we need to make supersoldiers. I KNOW! We'll kidnap TEENAGERS. Who have FAMILIES WHO WILL GO LOOKING FOR THEM. And you know what we'll do? We'll give them CUTE ANIMAL EARS and treat them like trash even though we need to convince them to fight for us later. This makes perfect sense." Why is this exact plot so common

Oh man the "poof of logic". Classic. That'd be pretty fun, actually - although I might need to swap in a more physical fighter too. Hmm I'll have to think about it @_@

We're just going to end up punching each other until our health points deplete because it's easier and we're lazy. ;p

Isn't it just as common to have orphans recruited into human experimentation (or alternatively, sold by a wicked stepmother)? Hitting two clichés with one stone. Well, human experimentation on homeless and orphans isn't unheard of. I guess it's a middle school fantasy thing ("I hate people in authority and I have special powers!")

"YOU'RE PUNCHING FASTER THAN YOUR MUSCLES WOULD REALISTICALLY BE CAPABLE OF. STOP"

"WHY AM I IN A PIT FIGHTING YOU ANYWAY THAT WOULDN'T HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE. STOP"

"OUR ABILITY TO VETO EACH OTHERS' POWERS IS UNREALISTIC STOP"

Well yeah, if it were orphans, that gets around the issue somewhat - but are you really going to treat them like trash. I mean these guys had terrible lives, it'd be so easy to win over their favour. Especially if you're doing this for supersoldier purposes. Just be a slight bit nicer to them and give them food and - oh man I'd totally be a supervillain wouldn't I

Fine, slap fight then. (WHAT ARE WE EVEN FIGHTING ABOUT. NOBODY KNOWS)

Sorry Pi, your INTJ is showing. I'd just create supersoldiers because I can. It's going to be like jurassic park, but with 13 year olds with superpowers.

*LOUD COUGHING* Theoretically speaking, of course. IF I was going to make a supersoldier army. Which I'm not. Supersoldiers are so overdone anyway and the human factor makes it unreliable for larger-scale productions. But IF. IF I did it. I would do it so much better than all those plebian supervillains out there - *MORE COUGHING*

Okay for real though I wouldn't take over the world. What do people even do with a world? And ruling it would be a hassle and if I delegate someone else to do it they'd inevitably overthrow me. I'd be in a spaceship with my AI buddy and several octopuses and exploring the known and unknown universe.

And shruuuuug if slapfights are inevitable what's the point really.

Pi I've had no idea what you've been saying on this for the past few days sad.gif

But yay someone wants to use my arena! Yet you choose the boring one...

I guess we could also duel with our MBTI characters. That'd be fun, and possibly a nice precursor to the eventual launch of an actual MBTI RP.