Nanashi

Clockwork Doll

((I'm working on all the Marionette's last powers. They will seriously expand and they will sometimes remove other powers. But I'm working on Amber's right now. So far, I only have two... But I have all theirs planned out~

Shatter - The Star Princess - Light

Amber - The Deceiver - Lies

Sapphire - The Clear Prince - Truth

Porcelain - The Glass Doll - Glass

Ruby - The Red Monster - Toxic

Ivory - The Lost Kite - Wind

Pine - The Needle Tree - Darkness

Sanctus Espiritus - The Possessed Chain - Void

Bone - The River's Shadow - Water

Clover - The Guardian - Sound

Rosethorn - The Flame Queen - Fire

Nova - The Flame Snake - Fire/Lies

And then a bonus!

Eya - Time's Beating Heart - Time

...I got bored. They have flaws. Lots of flaws. Speaking of which, Shatter need to be 'recharged'... Heh~ I messed her up a bit too much~ I actually had to tone her past down because it got a bit too dark. Heheheh...

Anyways, there's my list. And yes. Sapphire is The Clear Prince. Not Princess. And Diamond... She's not actually all that powerful.

So. Enjoy. Shatter, go get recharged or whatnot.))

Shatter's eyes suddenly turned black, then bright blue, then red, and back to black. She landed, and heard the noise of gears turning from her locket. "Amber, we have to go. Now." Her voice was a hiss. Amber turned to her and nodded. "Of course!" She grabbed the other Marionette and smiled. "Nice to meet you all. I'll see you later!" They vanished in a flash of light.

Amber reappeared in the tower with Shatter. Ivon jumped, then noticed Turquoise's eyes. He said nothing, but picked her up and opened a wall. There was a hidden passage. He quickly went down the stair in it, and it closed behind the two. The tower was silent.

((...She gets violent when she isn't 'charged'. Her past is a bit, um, dark.))

Mystiyu's sobbing was heard by those three officers from earlier. They ran to the garden and saw Mist crying. The woman looked towards the corpse and understood immediately.

"Aww, so sorry about her, hun." the officers said with sympathy. She looked at the other two officers and talked quietly with them, making sure Mist doesn't hear them.

"Why? Why did it have to be her? She was all I ever needed and wanted. What I'm gonna do now? I could stay here.... but it'll be too painful. All the memories I had here with Julie....it'll just hurt me."

(i'm not losing interest, i'm trying to think of something to do with Mystiyu since he doesn't want to stay and he now knows Julie's gone. maybe travel with Eva?)

((Sure.))

"...Then you can come with me if you'd like. And Diamond's terrified of me, so you'll be protected from her." Eva drew away and offered her hand. The tears were gone. She showed no emotions at all. "Would Julie want you to sit around crying? If she wanted what was best for you, I know she wouldn't." Although her words were kinda harsh, she wasn't made for comforting others.

Edited by seacatsmew

"You're right, Eva. She wouldn't want this." Mystiyu said, taking her hand and getting up. "Even the good memories would hurt me, so I definitely can't stay. Besides, I wouldn't know what to do with the house, now that the owner's dead." Mist spoke. The tears now stopped. He understood that he needs to move on. Mist looked the three officers, still talking to each other, and walked to talk to them. "Julie will have a proper burial, right?" he asked.

"Of course! That is, if we can find someone we can talk to about her death. Otherwise, she'll be cremated. Think you can help with that?" the woman asked him.

"Um, I don't know, but I'm sure her brother, Sam Yuu, would help." he answered. The woman thanked him in return.

(umm, what now?)

((I create ultimate chaos, of course. That's the answer to everything.))

Eva would have smiled... If she wasn't Eva. Instead, she kept a face of indifference. She turned away and began walking, though slowly. She didn't bother looking back to see if Mystiyu was following.

Suddenly, the ground shook, Eva stopped and straightened, knowing what this meant. She was excited. The ground stopped and she then looked back, emotions hidden again. "Seems like they're putting on a show for us."

The ground shook and Shatter's eyes opened. She was held in the air by wires that also 'plugged' into her body. Her number was visible, on her left ankle, on the outside. She slowly moved, the wires moving with her. "Great. You're awake." Ivon didn't look up from a highly complicated system of buttons, switches, cords, and knobs. And numerous other things. Shatter didn't reply. Instead, she waited as the wires slowly put her down and released their hold on her. One of them placed the locket around her neck. Then she spoke. But her mouth didn't move. And she wasn't using telepathy.

"...Yes... But it seems I cannot appear to be speaking unlike normal, Father. Did I hurt anyone?" The voice came from the locket.

"Not that I know of. And sorry; My fault. Speaking of which, you should know better then to leave the tower, Shatter." "I apologize, Father. It will not happen again. I have realized my mistake. I must be charged every day or else I will injure someone, and leaving the tower may put others in danger until I have been recharged." Her voice had no emotion, and her eyes were half closed. She wore what was like a nightgown, but with holes in the back to reveal metal skin that had plugins in it. "That's right. Now, you should be able to appear to be speaking soon. And you can leave whenever." "Thank you, Father." Shatter began to walk upstairs. Her clothes changed suddenly in a flash of light, so she was wearing the purple dress from before. It hid her metal skin.

Mystiyu spoke a little more with the officers, and then started following Eva. That is, until the ground starting shaking. "Whoa! An earthquake?!" he shouted before it stopped. "Eva, are you alright? Strange, I don't remember earthquakes ever occurring here..."

"I'm fine. Used to this. Either way, that was just the start." Eva looked where the tower was hidden. "The tower shakes often. The ground shaking means they've started already. If you found that hard, I'd advice you to find somewhere safe, because that was just the beginning." Eva began walking again.

"That wasn't too much for me. Eva, the tower shakes? Why?" Mystiyu asked.

(wow, not much going on now.)

((I think voltage left us... So I can't create ultimate chaos... But I actually think most people left. Well, padfoot's still around, but...

...Maybe I should message shadow_claw. And (maybe) voltage. And RavenWolf. And everyone else I forgot about and will feel horrid for forgetting about them.))

At this, Eva smiled. It was the kind that made you know something was up. "You'll see in a short amount of time, if you want. The twelve 'abilities' are activated every now and then. But now they're old enough to unlock it, completely. They're putting on a show for everyone." She didn't say who. There were twelve in the tower that would be able to do this, and the twelve were a set. It was easy to figure it out. She continued walking. Even with the ground now shaking slightly, nothing seemed to be damaged. And she didn't stumble, or anything. It seemed she found it easier to walk when the ground was shaking.

(((I'm still around. I was banking on Shatter and salamander's group seeing Elf panicking in the field they were in)))

((Amber noticed her. Then Shatter needed to be charged. So they ran off. Here, have twitching cat ears.))

Black's ears twitched. She blinked and looked over at Elfte. It took her a moment to register that there was a person there. Panicking. "...White, should we help?" she asked. "Er, you know, it's nice to help people," Leaf said. "Shut up, child." Black noticed Tac had vanished. That didn't surprise her at all. "...Fine. Let's go." Without exactly realizing what she was doing, Black grabbed his hand and dragged the Cloud Spirit along to Elf. Then alarms went off in her head and she let go of his hand with a slight 'hmph'. Leaf didn't appear fazed at all by his friend's(?) behavior. "Um, excuse me, miss... What's the problem?" Leaf asked.

((I probably messed up with the colors. Oh, well.))

(((THink you should message the others. Just t see who you have to work with)))

Elf spun around to face the two that snuck up on her, her fingers outstretched into the shape of a gun. When she realized it was not it was not her unseen pursuer but two of Ivon's creations. "Oh" she said with simulated embarrassment and dropping her hand, "I thought you were someone else". She looked the two over with her optics and sweeping them with her sensors. They seemed normal. She looked at the male in the lead as he asked what was wrong, "oh nothing" she said looking up to the sky, "just caught wind of an old enemy".

((Shoot, I need to update the numbers. They aren't Lanchronos now- It was just a temporary side effect from shifting their dimensions near the tower, therefore being effected by Eya.

And Leaf wasn't a Lanchrono to start.

Messaging them.))

Leaf jumped, shocked, and nearly fell backwards. However, Black moved her arm to catch him, then glared at him for a moment. She looked at the odd android. "Huh. Well, we asked. Let's go, child." She drew her arm from Leaf and turned, only to have him grab her arm. She muttered something under her breath and turned to face him, giving him a death glare that could have send a Cockatrice fleeing. Too bad he was used to this. "Is there anything we can do to help, miss...?" Leaf asked the girl, still keeping his hold on Black as she struggled to free herself. But he knew how to stop her from doing that, thanks to Tac teaching him. It was easy, really; If her wrist was held in a certain way, then she couldn't escape. Same with her arm.

Salamander was confused he had blacked out and now everyone was gone. Shatter was gone as well which caused him to panic slightly as he looked around for her. He tried to connect to her mind but he couldn't find it which made it worse. He started to run through the forest his body almost on fire a red glow around him his powers growing as he was panicking.

((Everyone but shadow has responded now~))

"It's time to start the show!" Amber's voice rung through the town, loud and clear. The Gemstones left the tower, and Ivon just watched them leave.

After a quick test to see if everyone's powers were still working, Amber smiled. "One to twelve. Nova, you're first. Rosethorn, you're with her." Although Nova was the leader of them, Amber knew the most about each of them. Why? That would be revealed soon. Nova moved into the middle of the clearing. The earthquakes were stronger around it, due to the fact the Marionettes were letting off high levels of energy, and it had nowhere to go. Then, suddenly, it stopped. Nova's eyes closed.

A burst of fire shot up, in the shape of a snake. It slithered around in the sky, and a small flame moved along Nova, like a copy of the snake. Rosethorn moved to her sister's side, and smiled. A blast of heat came from her, and flaming symbols appeared along her arms. A crown replaced her hat, made of flames, and suddenly what she was wearing was fire. A flaming scepter was in her hands. She spread her wings and rose to the snake, the air shimmering from heat waves behind her. She spun a cage of fire around the snake, then smiled and clapped her hands. The cage and the snake vanished with a screech. She landed, the fire around her vanishing, and bowed. Then she moved to the side. Nova's eyes opened and she growled as the flame vanished. Then she joined her 'twin'.

((Too lazy to add everyone else's right this second, so they'll probably be in the next post. Anyways. The two always have those powers.))

(((Ok....you lost me)))

Elf watched at some guy woke up in a tree and burst into flames. He streaked through the forest like a comet until he flickered from view. She shook her head and looked back at the two she was currently speaking to, "Well he's vanished from my sensors so I guess we are fine for now", she said with a reassuring smile. If her friend would have shown up, Elf would probably be dead and the tower destroyed or contained. She needed to get away from Ivon's tower. She couldn't let that kind of power fall into their hands. Her infrared radar were picking up a vast amount of thermal energy radiating from the tower. Her face twisted into confusion, "Did you guys feel that?", she asked, referring to the earthquake that rumbled through the area. Her seismic sense told her that it was not natural, since there was no after shock, and that it's epicenter was somewhere nearby. She was running a scan to give her a more exact location.

((I like to do that. It's so much easier confusing people in ways I understand.))

"Yup. It's kind of when Cotton is angry... But it's not as violent," Black said, still trying to free herself from Leaf's grasp. "Don't be mean to Cotton!" Leaf said, tightening his grasp on Black's arm. Her eyes narrowed and she let out a cat-like hiss. "I'll do what I want, child. I'm a queen!" "You said you didn't want to be a queen, though, Black." At this, Black closed her eyes and sighed. She wasn't struggling. Then her eyes opened she she used her other hand to leave a scratch along his arm. Leaf let go of her arm, letting out a cry of surprise. Black moved away from the winged boy, her ears now backwards and flat against her head. "Why would you care, Klowde?" she said, saying 'Klowde' with venom. "Because it'd make it a lot easier to talk to you. And stop calling me 'child' or by my last name. I'm still not sure why you're in a bad mood, but it's annoying." Black turned away, spreading her starling wings. She shot off the ground, flying as fast as she could.

She soon returned, however.

"The earthquake is from a clearing. It's pretty close. It seems twelve are gathered there," she said, landing. She folded her wings, ignoring the Cloud Spirit.

((*pokes Black* Why must you be so mean right now? ...Oh. Wait. Antisocial. Lots of people. Being forced into a portal. Never mind, you have good reasons to be angry.))

((...He could see the pretty fire? xd.png I don't know, whenever I give ideas out no one seems to post. :c))

Okay, now because seacatsmew is lazy, she's gonna skip to Amber's performance because she has Amber's powers all written down prettily. And because she really loves Amber's powers.

"Ah, my turn already?" Amber moved to the center of the clearing and smiled. She saw Shatter smiling at her; Shatter always did love her performances. She raised her right hand's index finger to her lips, closing her left eye, and put her left hand behind her back. It was a message only Shatter understood. Then Amber closed her other eye and moved both arms to her sides.

After a bright purple flash, a perfect copy of Shatter stood there. "It's not that 'flashy' compared to all of yours, so I figured I should add light," she said in Shatter's voice. "But I guess Shatter has the 'flashiest' powers out of us all." She smiled. Then she paused. "Ah, but now I appear to be stuck again." Thinking for a moment, she picked up a small, sharp-edged rock. Then there was a bright flash- She had to hide it from the others- and Amber was back to normal, the rock on the ground. She bowed. "Shatter, your turn." She moved to the side with a smile.

She knew Amber was hiding a wound with her abilities. That was what the rock was for. Her ability sometimes messed up, and she had to feel pain to return to normal. But now wasn't the time to think about this.

Shatter took her place in the middle of the clearing. There it was, again. The familiar feeling. Warmth, spreading everywhere. The humming comforted her. She closed her eyes.

Her body moved by itself. No, it didn't. Someone else controlled her. She wasn't sure who it was, but they controlled her often. She trusted them. Slowly, she began pirouetting, and light began to appear, seeming to come out of cracks in her skin. The area had become pitch black. Her eyes opened. She could see stars. Odd. It wasn't night... Was it? Her heart. It was tired. But it couldn't stop. It wouldn't. She closed her eyes tightly and felt warmth fall from one. She rarely cried. The light began spreading like cracks, until she stopped and placed her foot back on the ground. Her eyes opened, and the light suddenly vanished. Then, in one burst, it lit up the clearing.

((Oh, shiny! Also, pirouette means standing on one foot and spinning in place for those who didn't know. I got bored.))

(((I can't even keep up with any of your ideas or characters)))

That feels way better, thanks a lot! Jet's repsonse had came far later than he had meant. He had shut down right before being able to respond to Elfte, but as soon as he started up again, continued to speak as if nothing had happened. Confused, the machine looked around with a frown. What happened? Where did everyone go? Stiffly standing yet again, he discovered that everything seemed to be running much smoother than before. Enough to self-repair, at the very least. The tower...had it been attacked? It seemed as if something had attacked it. That was probably why he awoke outside instead of indoors. How long had he been out this time? Weeks? Months? Years?