RavenWolf1010

Ceadarwoods High

Skinner froze when someone rudely tried to get his attention. He looked up to see a bipedal house cat walking towards him. He sighed and looked towards his shoes, "No foxes. There is a cat in there though", he said motioning towards the door, "Oh and some werewolf is having a party." He mentioned the part and left, heading to the courtyard and crossing it to get to his car.

Rain hadn't seen him walk out of the school yet. So she moved towards the parking lot. There. She swooped down again. Would you mind company? I'm happy to leave if you don't. Her head cocked curiously, as she waited for his reply.

((Chitsuru is lounging on a dead cougar, not standing up))

Chitsuru nodded her thanks to the magic dude and commanded her cougar to walk towards where the magic guy had pointed. Chitsuru wrinkled her nose. She didn't like magic... She then spotted the cat that the magic dude had been talking about. "Ara, another bakeneko? Wait, you smell weird..." she commented as soon as she was in hearing range. Her cougar stopped and she hopped off, swishing her forked tail.

Lycoris nodded in agreement, pushing down the anger that had bubbled up in him. "So..." the driver suddenly spoke up, "You smell like wolf. You one 'a us, eh? Shifter? Werewolf? Lycan? One of those weird Celestial Goddess wolves? What are ya?"

Raven went quiet again. She hesitated. While technically, she was a shifter, she wasn't one of natural cause. Fabricated. Fake. Misfit. Freak. Celestial Goddess wolf? It was light, but carried an air of dignity and pride. Why couldn't she be something like that? Natural. Beautiful. Regal. The girl looked down, her grip tightening on Lycoris.

Lycoris gave a groan at the question. "Oh god. Chibi... Arg, they may be Gods, technically, but last time they came they, somehow, painted every single tree in the forest polka dotted. It took forever to get the ink off. I don't even know that was possible... They, apparently live in the stars and have no civilized manners at all. While us Lycans may be proud of what we are, we do not behave like common dogs. God knows how they can draw so well." Lycoris rubbed his temple with his unoccupied hand, as if he were getting a headache just from thinking about it.

"Gee, Alpha, never knew yer sense 'a humor was so sophisticated. I thought it was funny," the driver said, shrugging. "So what are ya? Hope you ain't one of those partly bionic wolves. They drove us crazy. Right round the bend. Then again, when yer programmed to be so... well, robotic, guess ya can't help it."

I might as well be. She biochemically engineered to be aggressive. For all she knew, she was half bionic. An experiment. She said finally. Created, born, and raised in a lab. She wasn't proud of it. In fact, she was ashamed. She insulted shifters and and Lycans alike.

Both the driver's and Lycoris' eyes widened. Lycoris growled slightly.

"Wow, ya must'a had a hard life," Allen commented.

"You're one of us now, though," Lycoris added. "This just shows how some humans are truly deplorable. You are safe now though. We do not care from where you hail. Our family would not turn down any wolf, lycan or not." He nuzzled Raven a bit, protectively, elicting a snicker from the driver who was silenced with a glare.

It was the first time she'd said it aloud to another person. And their expressions were enough to make her want to curl into a ball forever. At the driver's comment, she nodded mechanically as she was cascaded by the memories. Raven was still trying to get a handle on blotting them from her mind. Lycoris's nuzzle, was the extra boost she needed to drown out the thoughts. Warmth bubbled up in her. Thank you, Lycoris. Her expression of sadness deepened though. But I'm never safe. I never will be. They are always there. I know they are. They are simply studying me. And when they've grown bored, they'll pluck me from civilization, sentence me to Hell again. They are always there. She smiled weakly. So I try and go about my days I have left; Enjoying my 'freedom' while it still lasts.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

A growl rumbled in Lycoris' throat, but he cut it off before he could scare Raven any more. "We will protect you. It doesn't matter what you were before, but since you are a wolf now, we will make them regret ever even trying to harm you. I will protect you."

"We're here~!" the driver chirped after a few moments. Lycoris brightened at once, face lit up like a little child's.

He smiled at Raven. "Now, let's go have fun without caring for the consequences~!" He grabbed her hand and dragged her from the car, looking around. The car left and Lycoris tilted his head to one side. "What do we do first? Do we have to buy tickets to enter? That is typically what one must do to enter human attractions of entertainment, right?"

It was futile, trying to get Lycoris to understand the power they had. But she gritted her teeth and nodded. Whence they'd arrived, her mood lightened. The hum of conversations of the humans filled her ears, accompanied by the creak and grinds of the rides. The rollercoaster sailed over them, the Doppler Effect affecting the screams' pitches. The girl whinced, but swallowed the memory that lurched in her throat. Yes, usually. Her voice hitched, but she still smiled. But why pay when we can enter for free? It was easier to pay, but the small thrill of defiance Raven got from sneaking in, was much more fun. She grabbed Lycoris's hand, and lead him towards a more shadowed area of the gate. Raven shifted forms gracefully, and awaited Lycoris to do the same, forgetting that if her wasn't in an 'enraged' state, he would simply become a pup.

Lycoris narrowed his eyes, concentrating. Crap, without something setting his instincts off, he couldn't shift properly. Urg. he felt himself shrinking until... he became an adolescent wolf, slightly bigger than the pup before. He looked down at himself and sighed. Well, at least it was better than before...

Raven couldn't help but giggle. She flicked an ear, thinking carefully for a few moments. Then, a lightbulb went off over her head. The she-wolf gently rolled the juvenile over onto his belly. She made sure to flick her tail in his face, then dashed away, giggling.

Lycoris blinked, surprised, before he growled slightly, getting up. "Hey!" he barked, chasing after her. He kept stumbling though, legs being shorter and less stable than he was used to.

Since he didn't actually need him, Psi let the strange man leave. A lot of things seemed to happen all at once but Psi simply listened, his ears flicking around with a frown. He'd have to go find someone who could help him. The new girl didn't seem to speak his language so he turned and started towards the door, before being stopped by yet another arrival. "What?" He asked with a frown, his whiskers twitching. This was such a waste of time. He needed to find a wizard or witch. "I don't know what you're talking about." He fur began to fluff up slightly and purple static began to crackle through his fur.

"Quite rude aren't you, boya?" Chitsuru commented, smirking slightly. "You smell like kin, that's what I'm talking about." She scented the air a little more. "Kin, weaker kin, and..." she wrinkled her nose, "Magic, as well as..." she hummed, interested. "White Stag. How on earth those two species would breed... I have no clue..." She tilted her head and leaped back onto the dead cougar, who growled a little. "How odd... Who are you, boya? I'm Kazashi Chitsuru." As Chitsuru spoke, she transformed into a human, still sitting on her dead cougar.

"The magicians just called me Psi," the cat replied as he dropped into all fours. "And what do you mean by kin? The magicians created me so I shouldn't be related to anyone." He sat down, his head tilted to the side, his curiosity raised at her words. "I was just trying to find another magician. I've never done anything on my own but my old ones went away suddenly."

Chitsuru gave a purring laugh. "Boya, you really don't know much about yourself do you?" she asked, amusement in her eyes. "You smell like a bakeneko. Not necessarily a Nekomata, but definitely a bakeneko. I am a Bakeneko, that's why I said you smelled like kin." She hummed slightly. "So... they were taken from you by death? Why are you so distressed then, if that is the case? Bakeneko all have a special connection to death, after all. We are most known for our abilities in necromancy." Chitsuru gave a slight sniff again. "By your smell, you should be, at least, part bakeneko."

Bakeneko? Honestly, Psi had no idea what she was talking about. The magicians had told him all he knew about himself and that was not one of them. "All I know is that I need to find a magician soon or I'll die," he replied then twitched slightly as the crackling grew louder. He quickly arched his back and turned his head sharply to the side. With several loud coughs, he managed to spit up a wad of sparkling, pure magic. The orb hurled across the room and promptly burned a hole in the desk before disappearing into the air. The cat pressed a paw to his mouth as his back shuddered slightly, the crackling gradually vanishing. The flux was getting worse.

Skinner was surprised when Rain swooped down upon him. He watched her wings fold before answering, 'Oh, well sure", he said, getting into his military green jeep, "I'm just doing some tests later. Nothing to interesting I'm afraid." He popped open the only door his jeep had, on the passenger side, and cranked up the old engine. He had received this car as a gift for starting high school. Only problem was that it was a piece of censorkip.gif. One had one door. The back seat was gone. He was pretty sure the blood stains on the passenger seats will not be coming off. Gears stick. Left blinker is out. He managed to fix all the problem with the engine though.

(( CJ5!! I love Jeeps. A lot.))

Rain nodded, crawling into the back, and then into the passenger seat. Riding in style. Usually, I just fly. She couldn't help but chuckle as she pulled out a pair of sunglasses. Purrs like a kitten though. Awesome.

(((JEEEEEEEEEEP)))

Skinner smiled, "It's the only car that doesn't explode when I sit in it", he said, "No small circuits for me to fry, not useless tire pressure sensors to break, only the radio works". He proved his point by cranking up the volume. The soundtrack for "Assassin's" was in the player so show tunes is what they were rocking out to. He turned the speakers off and pursed his lips, "The CD player is the only thing that still works", he explained lamely. He ground the jeep into gear and started for home, "So meeting was....kinda a success", he said, "And what was that cat thing?"

(( JEEEEEEEEEEEP xd.png ))

Yeah I guess it was. But, I had no clue what that thing was. I've never even seen something like that. What's your guess? Rain's long, dirty blonde hair was tossed in the wind, but she seemed pretty happy.

Skinner thought for a moment, "by the way it was acting I would have to guess some kind of magical familiar. Or a creature that feeds off magical energy", he hypothesized. After not that long of driving, Skinner turned his jeep onto a rough dirt road, 'Perhaps I can make you useful after all. We can chill out in my parents study and I can get you to do some research on it while I do my thing", he said. He was staying at his parent's place for a little while. Just up until he graduates. Then his is going to vanish from this town. He bit his lip, "So my parents are a bit....eccentric", he warned, "You're going to see why I reject the whole magic thing."

Sure. Just know, I haven't used a computer since they first came out with them. If I hadn't been an angel, I'm pretty sure they would have given me cancer... At the mention of Skinner's parents, she clapped her hands together excitedly. Goody! I get to see the origins of Skinner, master of matter. Just kidding. I'll be good, I promise. And I'll try to stop annoying you. The angel flashed him a smile.

"not computers. Good ol' fashion books", he said, "I can't use technology. Everything I touch breaks". Everything except old technology. And televisions, they are fine for some reason. His house still had rotary phones.

Speaking of houses, his cam into view at the end of the dirt road. He was nervous becasue they had to pass throguh a trailer park to get to his private drive. An automatic gate opened as they drove near. The two story house was aged and made of stone green with moss. He pulled into the gravel driveway and turned off the engine. The metal gate at the end of the drive clanged shut. He hopped out of his jeep and searched his keyring for his house key, "Oh no, The 'rents aren't home. They are on business in Alternea", he said, unlocking the front door and stepping inside.

The inside of his house was a ancient as the outside. Huge vaulted ceilings held grand crystal chandeliers. The room that Skinner walked into and tossed his bag was completely cover in huge ornate pillows. A four hose hooka on a red wooden stood in the center of the room. Rather out of place was a large flat screen tv mounted on the wall. "That was mom's astral projection/living room" he said as he walked past and stomped up the iron spiral staircase in the corner of the beanbag room, "Come on, lets go to the tower. Now if rain had been paying attention to the little things, she would have noticed that there was no tower on the outside of the house.

He opened the trap door above his head and lead Rain into a large, circular room completely lined with windows. A circle of sofa's and lamps sat in the center of the mostly empty room. He Flicked his cigarette holder and the windows on the ceiling flipped open to start cooling off the musty room. He crossed the room and flicked his wrist upward. Three floor to ceiling bookshelves rose out of the floor and cast a great shadow across the two. He thumbed started snatching books off the selves and starting a pile in Rain's hands, "These have to have something about that cat thing.", he said, walking back to the circle of couches , "Make yourself at home. I need to run to the basement and grab a few things". He opened the trap door with a stomp of his foot and turned to look at Rain before he left, "Two Shakes", he said with a wink.