littlelizzie

Shippings

No Sany, its good!

I hate Everlark, or Peeta for the matter. But yeah, Johana x Finnick is one of my favorites and so is Cato x Clove. X3

Okay so I ship a lot of things but I rarely ship opposite sex pairings. I'm more of a yaoi type.

Movies/TV

Dagur x Hiccup (How To Train Your Dragon)

Hiccup x Toothless (How To Train Your Dragon)

Hiccup x Merida (HTTYD and Brave)

Nikola x John (Sanctuary)

Jack Spicer x Chase Young (Xiaolin Showdown)

Bilbo X Thorin (The Hobbit)

Ash x Gary (Pokemon)

Ash x Paul (Pokemon)

Sherlock x Watson (Sherlock)

Peter x Hook (Neverland)

Germany x Italy (Hetalia)

Youtube

Markiplier x Yamimash

Pewdiepie x Cry

Video Games

Link x Ganondorf (Legend of Zelda)

Red x Blue (Pokemon)

Main Character x Gary (Pokemon)

I'm pretty sure there is more than that but I can't remember. Now mind you I don't always pair yaoi, but it's rare, and I don't dislike paring like that for any reason at all I just go for the never going to happen kind.

Edited by Silent_Vampire

Not bashing here, but may I ask... why do people go with ships that are literally impossible, or nearly so, in canon?

Short answer: why not?

Slightly less short answer: because it's hot and/or intriguing.

People who ship things typically do so for two reasons, either because the thought of the given characters dating/boning/whatever is sexually or romantically appealing, or because the characters would interact in a fascinating way if they were in a relationship. You kind of answered your own question in your Draco/Hermione example...

Given his own prejudice, I don't think Draco WOULD like Hermione... and even IF he did he would never DARE admit it for fear of his father's disapproval. I just don't REALLY get matching people up that HATE eachother in the actual story... or wouldn't e interested in each other because that isn't their sexuality ( matching up guys with guys or gals with gals when the characters are established in canon as straight).

His prejudice and the secrecy involved makes this pairing a forbidden, risky relationship that would have to be carried out in private. Anger and resentment are highly passionate emotions that can be easily interpreted as sexual or romantic tension. As for a changing a character's perceived sexuality, nothing is set in stone, these aren't real people and most of the time there's a ton of wiggle room in that area anyhow. That's the beauty of imagination and fantasy.

I ship a huge amount of things, and most of my favorite pairings are a tad on the twisted side, to say the least. My alltime favorite ship is Alexander/Daniel from the horror game Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I've written a very long, gruesome fanfic about them which will probably never be allowed to be seen by anyone except myself. Lately I've also been fixated on Jean/Marco from Attack on Titan, but it makes me so damn sad. ;_;

Short answer: why not?

Slightly less short answer: because it's hot and/or intriguing.

People who ship things typically do so for two reasons, either because the thought of the given characters dating/boning/whatever is sexually or romantically appealing, or because the characters would interact in a fascinating way if they were in a relationship. You kind of answered your own question in your Draco/Hermione example...

His prejudice and the secrecy involved makes this pairing a forbidden, risky relationship that would have to be carried out in private. Anger and resentment are highly passionate emotions that can be easily interpreted as sexual or romantic tension. As for a changing a character's perceived sexuality, nothing is set in stone, these aren't real people and most of the time there's a ton of wiggle room in that area anyhow. That's the beauty of imagination and fantasy.

I ship a huge amount of things, and most of my favorite pairings are a tad on the twisted side, to say the least. My alltime favorite ship is Alexander/Daniel from the horror game Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I've written a very long, gruesome fanfic about them which will probably never be allowed to be seen by anyone except myself. Lately I've also been fixated on Jean/Marco from Attack on Titan, but it makes me so damn sad. ;_;

Thanks for the explanation... just wondered about it.

Like I said. NOT trying to bash.

I love Pokeships! My favorites that are Twinleafshipping (Dawn x Barry) and Acidshipping (Roxie x Marlin). The only thing I don't like about Pokeships is that you know they're never going be canon because it's target audience is ten year olds…

I am guilty of shipping real people.

I ship Pink dragons and Ochredrakes. I know they can't breed, but they look so adorable together!

user posted image

I'm a heavy shipper of Korrasami (Legend of Korra) and Doccubus (Lauren and Bo from Lost Girl). I've been obsessed with writing Korrasami fanfiction as of late. >>

so many shippings, so little time

I'm too lazy to list my shippings, although I confess that I find a lot of yuri cute (that aside, most of my ships are same-sex females). Anthy x Utena, Haruka x Michiru, Panty x Stocking and Scanty x Kneesocks (yay, incest!)

Edited by Hazel360

I've got a few ships and some of them are odd. ^^;

Emma x Hook (Once Upon A Time)

Abbie x Ichabod (Sleepy Hollow)

Constantine x Zed (Constantine)

Reddington x Elizabeth [on the condition that they aren't related] (Blacklist)

Aram x Samar Navabi (Blacklist)

Castle x Kate (Castle)

Abby x McGee (NCIS)

Ziva x Tony (NCIS)

Malcom x Inara (Firefly/Serenity)

Kaylee x Simon (Firefly/Serenity)

Arya Stark x Gendry (Game of Thrones)

Daenerys Targaryen x Daario Naharis (Game of Thrones)

Daenerys Targaryen x Jorah Mormont (Game of Thrones)

Brienne of Tarth x Jaime Lannister (Game of Thrones)

Luna x Neville (Harry Potter)

Tatsumi x Esdeath (Akame ga kill)

I don't ship much tongue.gif If I do get more then I'll update this post or something laugh.gif

Oh, the ships I sail. I have quite the fleet. If I'm actually into something, I have ships for it. I don't actually get into things unless there are ships to latch onto and obsess over.

I'll section things out in the way they're sectioned on Fanfiction net, 'cause that's where I spend most of my spare time. I'll italicize my OTPs

Video games

Yuffentine (Yuffie x Vincent) - Final Fantasy VII (My first Ship. Awww.)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa) - Final Fantasy VII

Zerith (Zack x Aerith) - Final Fantasy VII

Tuna (Tidus x Yuna) - Final Fantasy X & X-2

Lulu x Wakka - Final Fantasy X & X-2

AuRikku (Auron x Rikku) - Final Fantasy X

Rippal (Rikku x Gippal) - Final Fantasy X-2

Paine x Baralai - Final Fantasy X-2

Zemyx (Demyx x Zexion) - Kingdom Hearts

Terra x Aqua - Kingdom Hearts

Roxas x Namine - Kingdom Hearts

Sora x Kairi - Kingdom Hearts

Riku x Xion - Kingdom Hearts

Riku x Yuffie - Kingdom Hearts

Xemnas x Saix - Kingdom Hearts

TV Shows

Eleven x River Song - Doctor Who

Nine x Rose x Jack - Doctor Who

Nine x Rose

Amy x Rory - Doctor Who

Clara x Danny - Doctor Who

Movies

Sarah x Jareth - Labyrinth

Alice x Tarrant - Alice in Wonderland

Cartoons

Zutara (Zuko x Katara) - Avatar, The Last Airbender (From what I've heard, this was SUPPOSED TO BE CANON)

Sukka (Suki x Sokka) - Avatar, The Last Airbender

Taang (Toph x Aang) - Avatar, The Last Airbender

BBRae (Beast Boy x Raven) - Teen Titans (In the comics, THIS IS CANON, this makes me so happy)

RobStar (Robin x Starfire) - Teen Titans

CyBee (Cyborb x Bumblebee) - Teen Titans

Books

Fred x Hermione x George - Harry Potter

Fred x Hermione - Harry Potter

Draco x Hermione - Harry Potter

George x Hermione - Harry Potter

Ginny x Harry - Harry Potter

That list got a little long... I'll just stop now. Would totally dig some conversations, or RPs with these ships. Or story recs.

Eh... heheheh... I read Twokinds online comic.

KeithxNatani

MarenxAlabaster

I saw a post the other day that had Elsa and Maleficent together and now I can't stop thinking about how oddly cute they looked together. >_e

There's this movie from the 80's, Adventures in Babysitting. It's a great hilarious movie until the end. When the main character ends up with the white guy who danced with her at a stupid party rather than the black guy who saved her life. ugh it makes me angry that they didn't end up together! UGH

I ship myself with everyone.

confirmed.

I've started full time shipping senshi x ayakashi sisters to spite sailor moon crystal's writers

There's this movie from the 80's, Adventures in Babysitting. It's a great hilarious movie until the end. When the main character ends up with the white guy who danced with her at a stupid party rather than the black guy who saved her life. ugh it makes me angry that they didn't end up together! UGH

So, write a fic shipping the two! I'd give it a read, even if it has been almost 30 years since I last saw the movie.

Mostly I remember the little girl being all awed by the mechanic who resembled Thor, and the friend who needed to be retrieved losing her glasses when a homeless person grabbed them and then cuddling a big rat that she mistook for a kitten because she was that blind without them. And the club, of course. "Nobody leaves w'thout singin' the blues!"

So, write a fic shipping the two! I'd give it a read, even if it has been almost 30 years since I last saw the movie.

Mostly I remember the little girl being all awed by the mechanic who resembled Thor, and the friend who needed to be retrieved losing her glasses when a homeless person grabbed them and then cuddling a big rat that she mistook for a kitten because she was that blind without them. And the club, of course. "Nobody leaves w'thout singin' the blues!"

I think I might. I haven't written any fanfic for a while, but I'll try it out.

And yesssss that scene in the club is the best!

I've started full time shipping senshi x ayakashi sisters to spite sailor moon crystal's writers

*applauds* Best idea ever. I might start doing that too.

I don't actually have many shippings,but here are some:

Ōkami:

Kai~Oki

Kushi~Susano

Amaterasu~Waka

SAO

Asuna~Kirirto

Vocaloid

Miku~Len

Miku~Kaito

I really dislike Hiccstrid. The fans of that ship on Tumblr are horrendous and always act superior and offended if anyone says anything against their ship. It's a lame ship that's all.

And I really, really dislike Durincest. BLARGH.

I actually forgot I was the creator of this thread SO UH-- I've acquired new shippings (is that even the right word to use in this situation) and most of them are for anime and for my oc's bahaha

i'm now a shipper of makoharu AND rinharu and also nagirei from Free! iwatobi swim club. i'm also a shipper of petra and levi (do they have a ship name?) and jeanmarco and jearmin and eremin from SNK~ i also ship all sorts of pokemon characters but i won't even get into that XD i haven't watched any majorly popular anime recently (i'm behind on the times) so I don't have any ships from SAO or uh... any other popular anime right now. ahh, i also ship too many things in kuroko's basketball haha but my main one that tops all the others is kagakuro. and even though i haven't seen the show, i ship korrasami. also, from ouat, i ship emma and hook (captain swan, anyone?) and rumpel and bell. and sabriel and destial, of course.

and i need to reread homestuck but i have PLENTY of ships from that too

Edited by littlelizzie

I have my preferred ships for most things, and as a sort-of-Homestuck-fan I have four quadrants to choose from :3 For some reason I do a lot of non-matesprit shipping for Star Trek Enterprise.

My Enterprise ships are as follows:

Trip <3 T'pol

T'pol <> Archer

Reed <3< Hayes

Hoshi <> Phlox

Hoshi <3 Travis

Shran <3< Soval

I also ship:

Tama/Hika/Haru and Kyou/Kau for Ouran High School Host Club (all <3) and Tama <> Kyou and Haru <> Kau

nobody who is alive/nobody who is alive for Darker than Black (there isn't a live ship of canon characters in the whole series that doesn't squick me out)

Italy/Germany for Hetalia along with a couple of other ships less decisively (Turkey <3< Greece for instance)

All four canon-suggested ships of Nabari No Ou, deeply depressing as most of them are

Sherlock <> John and John <3 Mary (the former in all incarnations, the latter in the BBC series only) Also tentatively Mycroft <3 Lestrade for the BBC series

I'm pretty indecisive about Homestuck but Nepeta <> Equius and Rose <3 Kanaya are non-negotiable, I will not read fics that break these. I quite like Roxy <> Dirk too

I generally stick to the canon with Harry Potter but... *shrug* I think JKR writes non-romantic stuff better and it's safer not to think too hard about HP shipping

Mustang <3 Hawkeye and Mustang <> Hughes and Ed <3 Winry for FMA

Alby <> Newt and Thomas <> Chuck in Maze Runner (I've only read the first book)

Naru <> Lin, Ayako <3 Monk, sometimes Mai <3 Masako, otherwise Mai <3 Gene, jokingly John c3< Everyone (oh hey look an ashen ship!) for Ghost Hunt. I will not read Naru <3 Mai ever, that is the ship that bugs me most of everything, why couldn't the anime have continued into the last manga chapter?

I tend to consider certain characters 'taken' in certain quadrants, either as forever-single or by some character who never makes it onscreen, so I guess that sort of counts. I can't see GH's John in a matespritship with anyone and I think Enterprise's Reed must have a moirail somewhere but not one of the canon characters. Oh man, this is the most obscure crossover ever and there's a minor 100 year time offset to deal with but Reed (Enterprise) <> John (Ghost Hunt) would be so cute.

I actually forgot I was the creator of this thread SO UH-- I've acquired new shippings (is that even the right word to use in this situation) and most of them are for anime and for my oc's bahaha

i'm now a shipper of makoharu AND rinharu and also nagirei from Free! iwatobi swim club. i'm also a shipper of petra and levi (do they have a ship name?) and jeanmarco and jearmin and eremin from SNK~ i also ship all sorts of pokemon characters but i won't even get into that xd.png i haven't watched any majorly popular anime recently (i'm behind on the times) so I don't have any ships from SAO or uh... any other popular anime right now. ahh, i also ship too many things in kuroko's basketball haha but my main one that tops all the others is kagakuro. and even though i haven't seen the show, i ship korrasami. also, from ouat, i ship emma and hook (captain swan, anyone?) and rumpel and bell. and sabriel and destial, of course.

and i need to reread homestuck but i have PLENTY of ships from that too

thank you I was going to have a heart attack if anyone forgot Destiel and Sabriel <3

Wowzers. I have a lot of ships. Lemme just type some.

Naruto

It recently ended, and a lot of my ships became cannon!

Naruhina

Sasusaku

Shikino ((whatever that one is))

I can't think of anymore off the top of my head, but I have a LOT

Attack on Titan ((my current obsession))

Eremika

JeanxMarco

I see Sasha with a few people, but mostly with Connie because everybody else does xd.png

LevixPetra ((YES I KNOW SHE IS DEAD BUT STILL))

EldxGunther ((I GO DOWN WITH THAT ONE H RGJRF T))

I can think of more, just not now

I don't share my shipping for Annie, so shhhh

Full Metal Alchemist

RizaxRoy

Edwin

Kaine and Shesca ((yes the bookworm NERDS UNITE FIHVENIU))

Others I can't think of right now.

Shippings I ship just for laughs, not for reals

Garaa and Lee ((a Real funny one))

Erelevi

Sasha and a potato

Roy and Ed

More I can't think of right now