ivory_airheart

Dragon Cave App

So I know when I say simple, making a phone app is by no means a simple task. I just mean an app with simplistic features for DragCave users.

What I would like to see the app do when we log into our DC account:

• Only show current eggs and unfrozen hatchlings.
  • Allow us to see if any are currently sick.
  • Allow us to freeze any currently unfrozen hatchlings.
  • Allow us to fog any eggs or hatchlings.

I mostly came up with this idea when watching over my recent batch of eggs, trying to access the site through the browser on my phone was a pain considering mobile data isn't very fast + when you go onto your scroll, it also loads up all the dragons on your scroll (for that page anyway) which slows it down further + eats away at my data, when I was just trying to get on to check my eggs and fog them if necessary.

The idea of the app is for people to keep an eye on their eggs and hatchies while away from home, quick and easy, and tend to them if they happen to fall sick. Whether this later gets made into a full-blown DragCave app is another story- at this stage keeping things as simple as possible is my idea.

You could probably either set your scroll in such a way that it only shows living eggs and unfrozen hatchlings, or use a click site that does these jobs already.

I'm pretty sure the website has a mobile version, so if they haven't come out with an app because that works pretty well already it's likely going to stay that way.

EDIT: I do love this idea, though.

Edited by Coryn02

There is a mobile version and it is pretty quick on my tablet. And yes, you can set your scroll to show only growing things.

The problem with setting your scroll to show only growing things is that I want everything to be displayed when I'm on my home computer. It's a pain in the butt to have to keep switching between settings. (Also isn't that only for when viewing your scroll, not actually logged in and looking at it?)

And perhaps for some the mobile page of the site works fine, but again I highlight the point I made above (that I'm sure others experience as well) it does load slowly for some, and does still eat away at our data.

Also on the note of the click site functions- I wouldn't DARE go onto a click site on my phone and data. Click sites already lag my browser a bit, it would be crazy to do so plus that'll really suck up all my data...

Have you ever wanted to go on your phone/tablet/ect. and just stare at your eggs/hatchlings/adults? No? Well i do. I think there should be a dragon cave mobile app that does the same as on the computer. True Story; i went on my tablet to check if there was a dragon cave app and there wasn't any, the next day i checked again, and then i realized i wanted a dragon cave app. I understand this may take a while, but i just really want a dragon cave app. Thanks

-Pen

There is the mobile set up. But why do you need an app to gaze at your dragons ?

There is the mobile set up. But why do you need an app to gaze at your dragons ?

Sometimes the internet on my computer glitches out and all the time it's near boiling in my computer room. Oh that reminds me i need to get a cold water bottle.

Got stuck using the mobile version yesterday and, well, it could be better. An app specifically designed for the game would not be a bad thing, so long as it had the same capabilities and limitations of the browser version. For the time being, I'm avoiding having to use a mobile device to play the game ever again. rolleyes.gif

Yes, I know everyone does not have that option. Also, why can I never remember the code to make tiny tiny text? >.<

Edited by LibbyLishly

Yeah I'll be working on the existing mobile site after I release the new site design. You'll probably hear more about it in the coming months.

In the mean time, there's a few suggestion threads floating around regarding the mobile site. If you have concrete improvements with it you'd like to see, make sure your concerns are expressed in this section.

As far as using Dragcave on a mobile device goes, an app would be far more reliable as my device and others have a tendencys to be slow or crash when using web applications, not to mention the miss-clicks (But that is hard to avoid)

an app would be expensive to create and put up, right?

Yeah; Apple at least has an up-front 100-ish USD cost to put an app up last I checked, and development's generally very costly (in both time and money). I wouldn't blame anyone who decided against making an app for a web game, especially since the releases would probably not be synced for all devices.

I don't think there's much point going down that path, though, since I think TJ vetoed it already.

Yeah; Apple at least has an up-front 100-ish USD cost to put an app up last I checked, and development's generally very costly (in both time and money).

GOOD LORD. I take it back, then. Updates to the existing mobile site will be perfectly sufficient, I'm sure.

Please make this game an actual 3D mobile app! I would get it if even if it cost $3.50, as long as the game was made 3D and you could walk into the cave and things like that. Amazing if you would, thanks!

All these graphics mean a whole lot of work for a lot of people. I doubt it's going to happen, even for $3.50 per download.

From what I understand, they're asking for a handheld game set in the world of Valkemare that plays kind of like Pokemon; you walk around and collect and raise things. It would not be the same exact game that we are playing now if a game like what you're asking for were made.

As awesome as that would be it isn't going to happen because, unfortunately, we aren't those kinds of game developers XD

Edited by ParticleSoup