MendezLightning

The Zauberstein Academy of Sorcery

Rose looked to him before shaking her head lightly, " I planned on taking a shower. I hate feeling like this after a fight." Then she watched him slide down the landing before shaking her head slowly as she began to walk down the steps. Once down with the others she looked around carefully before shrugging her shoulders, " There are all kinds of rarely used rooms around here."

Inanna shrugged, "Were you not close to you family?" She asked, flipping golden blonde hair behind her shoulder and casting the green eyed boy a soft, sorry smile. She lightly rested her hand on the rail, skimming her hand along the rail as she followed Elias, just in case she fell- or was pushed. She couldn't help but think about how childish and movie-like it was as he slid down on the rail, he was one of a kind for sure. She wasn't aware as she hit the last step, to absorbed in looking around to pay attention. Stumbling, she quickly straightened herself and cleared her throat, standing tall again.

"What now?"

Edited by mipuppy1

Kazusa stumbled down the staircase. She hated the unknown and didn't like going into places of mystery but since everyone else was going down, Kazusa followed and continued on. She found herself standing in a large atrium with chandeliers and a massive glass door. Elias stood at the open door so Kazusa hurried over to see what the fuss was. What she saw when she came to the door was truly beautiful.

"It's breathtaking..." She whispered. The endless green was met with the blue morning sky at the horizon and the sun shone down on the green pasture, casting a brilliant glow on everything. There was a shimmering river to the side which fed the grass. It reminded her of one of the islands back in Taichi. Kazusa slowly walked out into the open field and took in the cool air. For the first time here, at the academy, Kazusa felt truly happy. Yet there was a tinge of sadness in the back of her mind as she was reminded of home.

Elias found a golden placard on the wall. It was difficult to see because of the lack of light in the hall, but with a snap of his fingers, lightning was dancing around his hand. It was written in Reden. As much as pretty much all people spoke Galendian, being the lingua franca of much of the world, Reden was obviously still used in Redendorf. 'It says that this atrium was created from the bodies of demons that the Zaubersteiners had killed during the Great Dark War. The bricks are made from their bones, the glass is made from the ground teeth and claws and ... yeah, I can't read that ... Something about the floors,' he shrugged.

Moving to look at the pastures outside, he explained to Kazusa, 'Zauberstein is in the middle of the Friedreich province of Redendorf. Most of it is untouched farmland and countryside. Does anyone else think it's amazing that we've all come from across the world, united by the fact that we want to control our powers. I think that's amazing, don't you? I mean, we'd never know each other otherwise, I could walk past any of you in the street and we wouldn't know each other - that's crazy, right?'

Rose listened as he talked about what this room was built out of. Shaking her head slightly at the thought of what they could be walking on she then listened as he spoke to Kazusa. Sighing she then looked outside before setting a hand on the wall.

" There are hundreds of those like us that are sent here to learn how to control and to use our powers. The person we pass in the hall could be a potential ally or enemy. It all depends on how they are treated to see how they turn." Shrugging her shoulders as she walked towards them before then moving outside before taking a deep breath of the fresh air.

"I'm still pretty close with my family, just a bit homesick is all." Mason explained as he began to feel the walls and floor. There was a notion in the back of his head, that the whole room just didn't feel right to him. When Elias explained that the room had been made using the bodies of demons, Mason jolted back slightly. A small notion of sickness crept up his throat.

"I-isn't that a little m-morbid? I-I-I mean I get that it was us or them... but d-doesn't that seem... w-wrong to do such a thing?" Mason tried to say, stammering on his words. Until today, he didn't know demons were real, much less what they really looked like. He quickly shut his mouth and walked outside, taking several breaths of fresh air to push away the sickness. He walked over to the river and sat down, watching the water flow downward. He even saw a few fish near the banks, this might be a good fishing spot for him.

Rose turned her head to look at him before sighing as she heard the almost horror in his voice. Standing there in the fresh air, the sun on her face, and wind ruffling her hair she then turned and walked back inside. Then moved to him and stopped beside him.

" Some of what those before us did do not make sense. It may explain why this room was so filled with dust. That someone thought it wrong to be here. Now I'm going to my dorm to shower." With that she then moved going back up the steps and away from the others.

Inanna continued looking around, listening carefully to Elias as he spoke. A smile crossed her face as he explained the place was made of demons. It was a menacing and cold smile, not full of warm or anything like she had given her sister. She didn't chime in or anything as Rose and Elisa started talking, only following them out. She did however speak up when the newest guy said something, that she put in as in favor of the demons.

"Morbid?" Inanna snorted, still managing to make it look good. "Morbid?" She asked, cornering him. "Have you ever seen a real demon? They radiate evil. They don't have emotions and can't feel, save for loving to cause pain and suffering." She laughed, sitting down next to him, her voice bitter and clearly full of hate. "The second demon I killed was a weak one. I tore off it's legs so he couldn't run. Then, I drew on his arm with a knife, I finally tore off his arms. His death was slow and painful. He didn't deserve any better then that." She chuckled again, clearly someone who couldn't let it go.

"Perhaps..." Mason said quietly as he looked up at Rose. He had his arms wrapped around his legs, his mind going through several different thoughts. It was still nice that he got out of the room, feeling the grass rub against his lower back, the wind against his cheeks. Maybe it was because he was the only earth-user, maybe it was because he wasn't as hardened as them.

When Rose steeped away, he had a small smile on his face. Maybe there was someone who had the same idea back than. That, however quickly vanished when he heard Inanna's cold and bitter voice. He turned to her, and saw the black fireworks come out. That's all he saw, just utter black... with some mixture of dark-green and purple. Regardless, it scared the crap out of him, as he felt cornered when she sat next to him. She began to explain the second time she killed a demon, how she slowly and painfully did it. His face was a mixture of horror and shock, the fireworks were right on his face. He felt sick again, but that stopped as soon as she stopped talking.

He sat in silence for a moment, looking away from Inanna. Recollecting himself, he just stared at the river.

"...Did you listen to yourself." He asked quietly, before turning back to her, no longer were the feelings of horror were on his face. His tone of voice conveyed a mixture of seriousness and sadness.

"I get it, demons are not good, I won't argue with that. But the way you just described demons and the way your kill went... I wonder who was the real demon in that fight." He said, hoping his words would pierce her, hoping she would at least think about it.

"Don't be like that, otherwise you'd be no better than the demons we kill. Or worse, you will become like a demon." He added, looking down as the blue and grey fireworks popped. He turned away from her before saying one last thing.

"For what's its worth... I'm sorry that you feel this way, I wish I knew what I could do to help." He added, losing the seriousness tone in his voice.

Edited by Lore_Master

'It's true ...' Elias commented, sitting down on the grass next to Mason. 'You probably haven't heard of the Galendian folk character, Frehjin. Long story short, he started off a prolific demon hunter, but through him wanting to cause pain and suffering in the world, he became less and less worried about the difference between demon and human. Eventually, he became one of the demons he had once hunted so religiously. As much as demons do deserve to be punish for their crimes, I think Mason is right. Creating pain and bloodshed, and being feared everywhere you go ... That must be horrible. Maybe they'll have better luck in the next life ...'

He rolled onto his stomach. 'So you've never heard of demons before today? Really? You're like a puppy ...'

Rose looked to the others in the hall all in varies stages of injury. Some that were sporting multiple bruises of different shades from light yellow to almost black. Others that had arms in slings, bandages wrapped around their head or around their chest. Then a couple of them that were in wheelchairs. Shaking her head she then turned to head up towards her dorm before going on inside.

Locking the door she then moved towards the bathroom she shared with the girl on the other side of the bathroom door. Taking her ruined uniform off she then moved to the shower before turning the hot water on and scrubbing till her skin was almost raw.

"Then, I guess the demon just left a piece of him with me, if I'm that 'evil' to you." Her voice was soft, "What is the difference anyway? Between us and demons? Many of us are bad, corrupt, weak and cowardly who would gladly put others in danger to save ourselves or loved ones. We are just as bad as demons. Every living conscious thing is, it's only capable of caring about itself, or self preservation." She paused, "Like if a demon were about it pop up and attack me right now, none of you would defend me. I know you don't like me, you would hurry and make sure your safe, then the others I would be last- I see you Ciela."

"Aww." A girl who could have been a mini-me of Inanna let out a disappointed sigh, but it was quickly replaced by a bright smile as she spread her arms to hug the bigger girl. Looking closely, there were many differences between the girl and Inanna, her hair was many shade lighter, her blue eyes were shades lighter, bigger and more innocent-like, her lips were a pink color instead of seductive red, her was a great deal shorter then her sister, and her curves weren't very developed compared to her sister's. But the thing that set them the most apart was the way they carried themselves, while Inanna was graceful and had a wall for sorts, this girl was an open book, she bounced every time she took a step and seemed clumsy, she had a bright smile and seemed uncorrupted and sheltered.

"Hi? Are you guys sissy's friends? She promised me we could explore after classes, but she wasn't at the dorms so I decided to check on her and-" The girl started to babble but was cut off by Inanna.

"I was just heading there. Sorry, was distracted. Bye." Her voice was suddenly warm, and she smiled proudly when she caught her little sister's gaze.

"Wait but aren't you hanging out with your friends?"

"Friends is a bit of a stretch."

"Can I come with you guys?"

Edited by mipuppy1

Mason merely shaked his head, this conversation was going into a place he didn't want to discuss in a group. From how he heard Inanna, it seemed something left her mentally scarred in the past. He was still commoner-born however, despite how varied his grandfathers connections are. He did truly believe that humans were inherently good people, no matter how selfish, petty or malicious they got. But he didn't want to sound 'preachy', so he kept his mouth shut and stared at the river.

However, his thoughts ceased when Elias asked if he had never heard of demons, before throwing in a comment that he was a like a puppy. With a mild look of annoyance, he turned his head to Elias.

"No, from what I remembered we never had a demon problem in Manitka. Or that it was a minor problem and was quickly taken care of." Mason explained, trying his best to remember. Sighing, he turned his head to the girl named Ciela, just as the two hugged. A big, warm smile crept up on his face. Despite what Inanna told him, he could clearly see that she loved her sister.

"I like to think I could be her friend, despite a rather... rocky start." He answered, with the same smile.

"I don't mind." He added before he got up and brushed the grass off his legs.

'Yeah, you probably could,' Elias replied, rolling onto his stomach and watching the sisters walk away. 'I hear psychopaths like puppies,' he smiled, before getting up and walking toward the Lightning Dorms. 'But I should be heading off! I need to keep up with my pristine skincare regime or I'll look like whatever the hell that demon turned into. See you round, puppy!'

((Time skip to tomorrow morning, when shiznit is gonna start happening?))

((Sorry for not posting lately. I honestly did not know what to post...))

Kazusa decided she had had enough for one day and made her way to her dorm room in silence. She wondered if that interesting manga she had been reading was somewhere in the library and limply picked up her schoolbag and her violin. The day was pretty uneventful other than the massive one tonne hunk of hell that magically materialised from a giant chandelier. Kazusa left without causing too much attention and quietly made her way towards her room.

((All students were faced with a demon to kill, some did well others didn't, after being placed in "covens". The covens that killed the demons are allowed out on assignments to outer towns and countries, the others can't. That's pretty much it. You can replace Switch in Coven 3

TIME SKIP TO TOMORROW MORNING

BLURURUHGTBGDGDGBDKFJGDGI ))

Waking up the morning was an eternal difficulty, Elias found as he almost literally dragged himself out of bed. His first day had been eventful - what with a demon attack and all - but today was set out to be a total drag. That was, until he saw the letter on his bedroom floor. Opening it, he couldn't help but read it in Mrs Gegen's voice:

"This letter concerns those in Coven 3. If this does not concern you, return to the faculty.

Coven 3 has been selected to be sent to Redendorf's neighbouring principality, Dormyelek. There is believed to be demonic disturbances in the area. At this point little is known of these occurrences, however Coven 3 has been tasked with discovering the problem and vanquishing the threat.

Coven 3 will meet in the Demonbone Atrium at 7:30am, promptly in order to be deployed."

'Crap!' Elias barked, as he realised it was 7:25.

Edited by MendezLightning

"Wait what!?" Hotaru yelled, waking up with his black/red hair in tangles. He looked around with half of his face obscured by hair and blankets.

"Whasgoinon?" He mumbled, falling back on his face. He wasn't to fond of mornings. He liked the evenings, when the last light of day set his feathers aflame.... Feathers... Wait, that's right. He didn't have any right now. Why was he in his weak form again? OH! SCHOOL!

He suddenly was catapulted out of his bed and landed on his back on the floor beside his bed. He pulled the school pants onto his legs and the shirt over his head, running a hand through his bed head to untangle most of his hair.

Inanna was not one of those 'early birds' she was a night owl. Her sister of course, was an early bird and just refused to let her older sister be late.

"Inanna! Wake up c'mon! We need to get ready!" Ciela was practically bouncing up and down, she was already changed and had the corner of a piece of toast in her mouth.

"Just a second Ce..." Inanna moaned with a yawn and rolled over, trying to get just another minute of sleep.

"No. Now, don't make me come over there young lady!" Ciela demanded, ripping the blanket from over Inanna's head.

"Yes mother." Inanna groaned, grabbing for the blanket. She was cold. She wasn't getting it back, was she?

"Okay! Okay! I'm up!" She yelled, staggering out of bed. She stumbled into the bathroom, resting her hand on the edge of the sink. Pulling down a pink cloth, she got it wet with cold water and proceeded to wash her face.

Afterwards, she brushed down her hair and tied it up in a ponytail, then hopped out of the bathroom. She went to her drawer, where her uniform laid in neatly folded. Grabbing them, she went back into the bathroom and changed, the air was humid from Ciela's morning shower. Inanna showered at night, not able to bare going to bed with sweat or dirt on.

She hopped out of the bathroom again, turning off the nights and shutting the door softly, she then folded her nightclothes and laid them neatly on the bed.

Inanna grabbed the last two pieces of toast before she spotted the letter, all fancy with a red seal. She gulped down the toast, then opened the letter, reading it out loud for a curious Ciela.

"7:30? You still have five more minutes. Can I do your makeup?" Ciela asked, she enjoyed dolling up her sister.

"Only some lip gloss and eyeliner." Inanna sighed, knowing it was a pointless fight that she would lose in the end.

Before Inanna could take a breath after her last second, Ciela was putting on the makeup.

Elias ran through the corridors, leaped onto the banister of the spiraling staircase and zipped down to the Demonbone Atrium. Skidding to a halt at the foot of the stairs, he almost jumped out of his skin as he saw Mrs Gegen and two other teachers: a young, attractive man with red hair and golden eyes, a pair of steel gauntlets attached to his belt, and fat, middle-aged woman, a huge drum strapped to her back. 'Hello, Mrs Gegen.'

'Jhallo, Mr Stern, you are on time. Congratulation.'

'Hi, I'm Elias Stern,' he said to the other teachers, shaking their hands, but taking time to make eye contact with the male teacher an extended period of time.

Hotaru came down the steps looking like he had slept in his clothes. But that he done so regally and with pride befitting of a phoenix. He saw a blonde kid shaking hands with all the teachers. He arrived at the bottom in time to hear the kid introduce himself.... Hey, wasn't this guy in the same coven thingy as him?

He smiled, throwing his long hair that he had secured into a braid (Most of it anyway) behind his back.

"Hello." he greeted them all.

((The robe he wears in the picture he also wears over his uniform. 'Cause it's awesome.))

Inanna huffed as she reached the bottom of the stairs, spotting the teacher (what was her name again?) two other ones and (lightning boy) Elias, she also immediately noticed a new person. At first she thought he was a girl, but a closer look let her know that he was indeed a he.

"Good morning everyone." She tucked stray locks of golden blonde hair behind her ear. Was it messy already?

'Gooden morgaan, Miss Inanna,' Mrs Gegen replied. 'For those ov hyou dat do not know, zis is hyour new coven member, Mr Hotaru. He vill be working with you for dis assignment. As hyou know, hyou will be sent to Dormyelek to evaluate, find the source of and stop the supernatural occurrences there. Hyou will be travelling to the capital, Schlaf, and vill be working in the suburban surroundings of the castle. The assignment should not be difficult or dangerous, and should be rather simple, dat is why hyou have been entrusted with the task. Viel Glook.'

The three teachers handed Elias and the others train tickets for the steam engine that was to be at the train station at the end of the road in twenty minutes. They were then pushed out of the atrium and into the sunlight unceremoniously.

Hotaru ruffled his feathers. Wait. No. He had none. It really just looked like he was shivering. So he stopped. He examined his ticket.

"What does it do?" He asked. He'd never seen one before.

Rose looked to the others as they came into the room before shaking her head. Soon turning as they were pushed outside as she lifted her bag of items higher up on her back. As she began to make the way to the train station she then looked to Hotaru, " It lets you onto the train so we can make it to our next destination."