MendezLightning

The Zauberstein Academy of Sorcery

Rose looked over to the teacher before shaking her head lightly. Then she turned towards Elias as she listened to him talk to the girl with the violin. Listening to the girl's quiet voice she nodded as a thought had been seconded. The girl's features had talked more of her Galendian heritage more then her Taichi Island accent.

Moving towards the two while putting the knives back into their sheaths she then looked them both over. Then with a nod she then crossed her arms over her chest as she thought a bit before giving a slight grin before it disappeared.

" My name is Rose. You are both good just need a little work. The sleep spell would have worked if this hellhound wasn't a created being from our teacher." Then turning to Elias she continued, " You need to work a bit on the accidental lightning. Don't need the next being we fight to wake up because they were electrocuted."

So my spell really didn't work... Kazusa thought grimly. Even though the beast was conjured by a teacher, her spell was pretty weak and Rose was right, Kazusa needed more practise. Rose was a really adept fighter, she was skillful with her weapon and was good with spells. Everyone seemed better than her. Elias radiated leadership, Rose was excellent in battles, Mason seemed to be a powerful spell caster, Inanna radiated beauty and Rune looked handy with a bow. Kazusa was just a helpless girl with a silly violin.

Kazusa was determined to become better. She remembered old folk tales that her mother used to tell her. Other forms of magic seemed to be used in these stories. Elements with different properties that didn't sound possible. Dark ideas popped into her mind and as soon as Kazusa realised this, she shook her head and got rid of the ideas, they were too dark to be mentioned. Ignoring this, she just stayed silent and did what she did best. Staring at her feet.

Edited by Drakonspite

Still on his knees, Mason began to breath heavily. His lungs felt like they were on fire, his body five times heavier than normal. He hadn't used his power like that before, mostly it was small stuff like creating steps or finding some 'free' limestone. He felt someone place their hand on his back, causing him to look up with his panting face. It was the lighting kid, properly introducing himself now that the dog-beast was dead.

"M-Mason M-McDurman." He said, trying to catch his breath in between words. From what he could tell, that dog was something called a 'demon'. But demons were just made up creatures... that had to be some sort of abnormally large dog, with a rare-eye disorder and and...

Ah hell, he wasn't convincing, that thing was a real demon. Now he was glad he decided to act than. When he got commented on his skin tone, he slowly got up and re-balanced himself.

"N-no, My father and brother are carpenters. J-joined them a year ago, worked long hours in th-the sun. I'm was originally from the Green Isles, left when I was still a baby." Mason explained, his breaths getting short and more stable. He did however have a question for him.

"Was that an honest to god demon?" He asked.

Edited by Lore_Master

Rose sighed as she saw the grim look on the girl's face before lifting her hand and touched the girl's cheek. Knowing that the new girl would probably be beating herself up about the part she had played.

" Your spell did work Kazusa however he woke up when he was electrocuted. Now if needed I can help you with practicing your spells. I may not be a violinist but I know how different pitches in music can affect spells. You are a part of the team and as such I am open to helping."

She then moved her hand from the girl's cheek to her chin to lift her head up so that Kazusa would look into her face. Looking into her eyes she then lifted her free hand and arched her fingers to make it clawed before blowing on them and watching small fireballs appear on her fingernails.

((Whut? I thought Elias was talking to Kazusa .-.))

'No kidding? I'm from Galendia!' Elias smiled even wider than before. 'What region is your father from? Does he know the Stern family?' he asked before he heard another girl talking to him. 'Yeah ... It's a Lightning mage thing ...' he grumbled. 'Plus that wasn't made by our teacher. That's what all demons do ... I never wondered why ... Do you know?'

Elias wondered if he was asking too many questions ...

((He is, Rose is just hopping in xd.png ))

Edited by MendezLightning

Kazusa looked at Rose with awe. She was the perfect bigger sister anyone could ask for. She could defend you in times of trouble and support you along the way. Kazusa was not one to turn down an offer of help but something kept nagging her in her head. Kazusa did not pay attention to the feeling in her head for long and swallowing her pride, she said "Yes, umm, I would like that." Kazusa started to feel red.

Kazusa found the distraction needed. Elias was asking her other questions. "Oh um, my father is from the north of Galendia. I believe he played for the Stern family at a dinner once." She said. Her father had talked about it when he got home. "He said it was an honour playing for the Sterns. And I'm not really sure about the demon..." Kazusa felt herself becoming red, she quickly turned around and walked towards the wall.

Kazusa made sure no one could see her hands and started to conjure up a small circle. Out from the circle came out a tiny ball of water. Kazusa played around with it and created a mini water sculpture of her violin. Suddenly, a thought popped into her head. What good is a water sculpture, it's not even solid. How about ice? Kazusa concentrated hard and tried to freeze the mini violin. She felt her hands getting colder and the water slowly solidifying but it would not turn into ice. She tried again, and again, and again but with no luck. However, she was getting better everytime and that gave her enough hope to continue. She smiled softly to herself and decided she would continue soon somewhere else. She made the spell circle disappear and she brought out her violin. Not planning to do anything else but play, she started the peice 'Canon in D'.

Edited by Drakonspite

((awww crap, i completely missed Lore's post, sorry ...))

Shrugging, Elias thought about is he had ever heard of a Touma playing for his family. He couldn't remember. So many people had played for them that he had lost count and couldn't remember any of their names, even with a name as distinctive as Touma. 'Tell your father we'd love to have him play again some time,' Elias smiled.

Elias turned to Mason and answered, 'Well, yeah, of course it was ... That's the reason we're all here, isn't? Zauberstein trains young mages to hunt and kill demons and to defend normal humans ... Although, it is interesting to think that they caught a demon and let it loose on its students as a first-day test ... I wonder how the students that didn't pass the test are ...'

((Its fine.))

"Silcia, and maybe my parents and grandparents know the name, can't say that I do." Mason explained, his breathing almost becoming normalized. He looked up at the violin girl as she began to play some music. His eyes widened slightly as the colours left the violin. They weren't chaotic, but synchronized and subdued. He was so mesmerized, he almost didn't hear Elias tell him that the Academy was to train demon hunter.

"B-but the information said this place helped train people like us... not fight demons." He said, turning away from the violin girl and to Elias.

Elias shrugged, 'Well, yeah ... But what else can people "like us" do? If we didn't fight demons, we'd be accused of using our magic to make ourselves better than normal people. They'd hate us!' he laughed darkly. 'So ... we just kill the things they hate. The enemy of your enemy is your friend and all that jazz. Hey, I'm gonna go check if we can leave this "lesson" now, seeing as we've done everything we had to do ... Anyone want to come too?'

"I wouldn't mind coming." Kazusa said, finishing her music peice at a satisfying checkpoint. She walked over to Elias and waited for others to follow as well. She packed up her violin and picked up her school bag, holding her bag in one hand and her instrument in the other.

((Sorry for short post. Writer's block and I'm tired as well))

Rose nodded her head to Kazusa before she then watched her go to the side. Listening to the music she nodded her head a bit to the melody before turning to listen to the boys. Hearing Elias talk she ran a hand through her hair carefully before looking over to Mason.

Tilting her head she then gave a slight chuckle, " They threw you in here blind didn't they." She then moved her knives back out to check them before scoffing at a slight smudge on the one she had stabbed into the hellhound. Pulling out a cloth and some polish she went to work on cleaning it.

"Well, we could help build roads, or find new places where people could mine." Mason said, trying to defend his case. He wasn't aware that most people didn't like mages, since his family and even a few neighbours were supportive. Maybe it was because of his upbringing or whatnot. He looked at the girl with the knives when she asked if they threw him in here blind, he tilted his head slightly.

"I know this place helps us train our powers... but they sure did leave a lot of information out." Mason said, holding his hands behind his back.

Hearing Mason try to defend his case she chuckled softly before she then looked up to him. Grinning as she saw the slight defensive way he was standing there in front of them.

" Mages are the outcasts. We are called in to slay the demon and then we are swept under the rug while someone worthy of the town is hailed as a hero. We are the ones called in to find the new mine but then sent away while another miner is given praise for their ' find'. Here we are trained to use our powers, then how to work in a Coven, and then sent out to do the jobs that bring in the money."

((oh gosh you guys post really fast))

"What? Outcasts?" Rune murmured, head spinning and breath coming out in short gasps. He wearily leaned back against the wall, feeling drowned out by everyone else's words. "Why would they do that? I don't know what's happening anymore."

He sighed and turned to Elias. "I'd like to get out of here now."

"Well that's a shame..." Mason said with a heavy sigh as he straightened his body and began to look around, noticing Elias and Kazusa walking towards the door. As he made his way over to them, he looked back at Rose before smiling.

"But I guess that means I need to do my part and challenge that view." He added, closing his eyes and tilting his head. While it was generally sad to know they weren't liked, it meant that he needed to change that notion... at least that's how he saw it.

Edited by Lore_Master

Rose just shrugged before she decided that her knife was perfectly clean. Setting it into it's sheath before she stood up. Moving to the door she then looked back to Mason before nodding her head gently. Moving to his side she did something rare for her. Lifting a hand up and set it upon his arm and squeezed gently to comfort him.

Once she moved her hand she then moved through the door before she turned heading on back to her dorm. Knowing that she needed to clean up at least a little and check and make sure there was nothing wrong with her blades that she couldn't see with the naked eye.

'Yeah, it is a shame ...' Elias nodded as he left the room. 'Haven't you ever heard of the Dust Witch Hunts? Even though the failing government of the Dust Islands far north of here is trying to keep further under the rug than us, everyone knows about it. Before the demons came along, we were the demons, we were the freaks, we were the people being hunted and killed. So they made sorcerers' academies like Zauberstein to "train" us, but it's only to observe us. To observe is to understand, to understand is to control, to control is to exterminate ... Let's just hope your rose-tinted dream can come true ... For all of our sake.'

Walking down the hallway, he noticed how it was lined with other students. Some seemed fine, with small bandages on their arms and legs, but others were completely knocked out and some were bleeding on the floor. 'Holy crap ...' Elias mumbled.

Mason looked away from Elias with a saddened look, he had only rumours of the Dust Hunts. It got him thinking about his own situation, what was the reason his family left the Green Isles? He shook that thought out of his head when he felt Rose lightly grab his shoulder, a notion he found a bit relieving. No matter what he witness, he wasn't alone.

Once he stepped out into the the hall, he noticed that several other students were out as well, other Covens probably. Some did look fine, albeit with a few scratches and bruises. Others were just plain bleeding on the floor.

"S-shouldn't we try and help patch them up?" He asked, unsure if the school had a nurse on staff.

((No way!! Post your app in the OOC biggrin.gif ))

'Um ...' Elias stuttered. To be frank, he wasn't much for the sight of blood. 'Well ...' Then he noticed how school nurses and doctors were coming into the corridor with stretchers and bandages. 'Ah, see? No need ...' Elias made his way down the hall until they reached a large open landing and stairway that spiraled down into the school. 'I wonder where this leads to ... Wanna go on an adventure?' he asked the others with a smile. 'I know I don't have another lesson for a couple of hours!'

Inanna didn't make conversation with any of the other members of her team. She didn't go to comfort anyone who had messed up, because in truth, they all sucked and no amount of pretty words could change that. Especially her, she was the worst. She hardly did anything, and she barely seemed to make in effort because there were so many other attacks in. Honestly, she would have done best on her own. No one initiated conversation with her, so she leaned on the wall and picked her painted red nails.

She noticed as everyone left the room, and slowly followed. She watched as injured kids walked by, then her eyes widened and she realized Oh crap. What if one of those kids is Ciela? Her head started turning, panicking and watching as every injured girl with light blonde hair walked- or limped pass. Every time she figured out it wasn't her sister she was filled with relief, then dread. What if Ciela had injuries worse then the other girls? What if it was so bad she couldn't have been saved?

All Inanna's worrying was put to rest as she spotted her younger sister, talking animatedly to a couple of people. She frowned, a bit jealous that her sister was already making friends. Jealous that these people would be spending lots of time with her cute younger sister, and less time would be spent with her. Ciela then spotted her bigger sister, she turned and, giving a bright smile that could rival the sun's shine on a sunny day, she lifted her weight on her toes and waved, she lifted her pointer fingers to the corner of her lips and spread her mouth into a stretchy smile, signaling Inanna to, well, smile as well.

Inanna's face soften, she lifted her hand in a slight wave, and smiled watched as Ciela walked away with her friends before turning back to Elias as he suggested exploring.

"Sure, I don't see why not." She sounded bored, but realized she was still smiling like an idiot after a bit, her face was soon twisted back to neutral.

(Cb you should definitely join!)

Edited by mipuppy1

Rose looked around at all the injured before shaking her head slowly. She knew that the school nurses would be there soon to tend to the injured. Seeing a few that had mocked her in the past injured and on the floor she just smirked at them before moving forward. Then she turned to look back to their silent companion with a slight shrug.

" I was really more tempted to head to my dorm and take a shower" she spoke as she looked over to Elias before tilting her head.

'But you just got up!' Elias complained. 'That's the spirit!' he answered Inanna. Hopping onto the banister of the stairwell, he slid down, like a child on a rollercoaster, before dropping off the end and finding himself in a huge atrium, with five enormous chandeliers hanging down from the ceiling and lighting the open, airy space. Elias whistled and heard the sound echo back. He saw sights like this often enough at his own mansion, but he had never got used to the spectacle. He then noticed the large, open doors of glass that led out onto a huge expanse of green pastures that stretched as far as the eyes could see. 'Whoa ...'

Noticing Elias's hesitation, he was about to make a comment when he saw the medical staff coming. He wasn't that squeamish around blood, he had seen enough injuries to become a bit desensitize. Still, his attention went right Inanna as he noticed a younger girl waving at her. Apparently Inanna returned the wave, albeit a smaller and more subdued. Tilting his head and closing his eyes, he gave a smile over to her.

"I'm jealous that you have family here, looks like you're pretty close with her too." He commented before turning to Elias's 'discovery' of a downward staircase. He didn't chime in, because he had a feeling that he would go down anyway. Sure enough, he didn't go down... he slid down the railing. Shaking his head with a chuckle, he walked down the stairs. Eventually, the sight of the atrium caused him to look around. Elias's whistling created several similar fireworks, due to the echoes.

"What is this place..." He muttered as he began to look around, turning every so often.