MendezLightning

The Zauberstein Academy of Sorcery

'So ...' Elias said to the two. 'I'll start off the festivities! My name is Elias Stern. As you can see, I'm a lightning sorcerer,' he pointed to his yellow tie and static filled hair. Did you guys know we were going to be put into a coven? Or is this news to everyone?' He flicked his blonde hair out of his face so he could get a better look at the two. They both seemed human. Not that he was prejudiced against other species - it was just an observation.

When Elias introduced himself to her and the other boy, Kazusa felt like she needed to introduce herself too, but beig socially-awkward, she decided to stay silent and let the others deduce who she was from the names that were called up. Kazusa just simply shook her head and resumed to silently looking at her feet. She held her violin in one hand and her schoolbag in the other. She was tired and wanted to put them down but in fear of others noticing the two objects, she stayed still and didn't complain.

Rune looked up at Elias, unsure if he was intimidated or eased by how calm he appeared to be.

"I'm Rune Winters." He bowed a little bit. "I'm a water sorcerer."

He paused, expecting the girl to introduce herself next, but was somewhat surprised when she remained silent.

"Um, I didn't know about the Covens." He murmured as he fiddled uncomfortably with his bow. "But I guess it makes sense."

'Yeah, I guess so ... I mean, when we're not fighting demons, we're pretty much a study group, right?' he shrugged as he moved toward Coven Room 3. 'So where are you guys from? I'm from Galendia. Have we got any native Redens?'

Despite the fact Rune, the other boy, had answered and Elias asked another question, Kazusa stayed absolutely silent in their interaction. She wondered when another person would join the group and kind of break the awkwardness for her. The other two seemed to be doing fine and having a jolly conversation but Kazusa couldn't being herself to join in. She convinced herself that it was too late to join in the conversation anyway and froze on the spot. She wondered when it would all be over and Kazusa could be alone again.

Inanna strutted into the room heels clicking against the hard floor and her ID lightly tucked between her fingers, she took her time to pick a chair before sitting down. Her posture was perfect, back straight up. She knew she was late, but there wasn't like there was anything to help it now. "Inanna." She introduced herself looking around at the others, two boys and two girls, one with a violin. She was sitting by violin girl. "What are we doing here?" She asked, crossing her long legs. She was already bored.

(Sorry for short/bad post. Didn't know what to do and I don't want to be left behind.)

Edited by mipuppy1

((Inanna won't have anywhere to sit atm and Kazusa is standing... We're in the hallway waiting for the others tongue.gif))

Kazusa looked at the new girl with interest. She introduced herself with an I-don't-care attitude as Inanna. Inanna was truly beautiful, Kazusa could not argue with that, and looked like a model. Her long, wavy hair flowed perfectly in sync with another and her hourglass figure was clearly visible, even from afar. Inanna was truly stunning with her delicate skin and her crystal-clear blue eyes. Her image was the fantasy of every young girl out there and the desire of every young man. Yet to Kazusa, she looked as if she had been built in a factory and seemed icy-cold and unreal. This might have been her jealousy taking over her mind but Kazusa did not like this girl that much. If Inanna was the sun, then Kazusa would be the moon. Kazusa had dark medium-long hair which did not flow together and her figure was hardly visible. She had a flat chest and although her skin was as delicate as Inanna's, it did not seem like it. Kazusa's eyes did not have the same glow that Inanna did. Kazusa would easily blend in in a crowd and she probably was not very attractive from afar. The two were truly the moon and the sun.

Elias continued to Coven Room 3, opening the door for the three people who had come into the hallway with him. Looking inside, he saw that it was a wide, open space, full of air and light, with tall, ornate windows lining the far wall. 'Wow ...' Elias mumbled. He had seemed to forget that this place was a mansion, a particularly expensive one at that. 'This place is nice. Wonder if all of the Coven Rooms are like this one.'

Edited by MendezLightning

Kazusa walked into the Coven room and gasped quietly. The room was very large and open with beautiful glass windows with intricate designs and a beautiful view. Kazusa often forgot that Zauberstein Academy was a prestigious and very wealthy school but this may have burned that fact into Kazusa's mind forever. The heating was perfect. It wasn't too cold or too hot and seemed to be well conditioned. There was enough light in the room to fill every corner yet not blind anyone. It could easily be a house for a small family. Kazusa guessed this room was where they could train or just laze about. But there was just one tiny problem...

It was completely empty.

It was nice and quiet in the Earth Dorms, mostly because it was probably the least populated of the dorms. Mason didn't mind, even if he had been here for all of five minutes. While his grandfather's connections had gotten him into the school, he still faced the majority of the burden for tuition, the school was expansive. Well, he'll cross that bridge when he got to it. For now, he was going to learn as much as he could and use his talents to better the world. Placing his duffel bag onto the bed, he quickly changed into his uniform, straightened his tie and walked out of the dorm room. With a map in his hand, he began to make his way over to his first class, he was already running late. As he stepped outside, he felt the wind brush against his clothing. When he entered into the school, he began to walk down the halls, hearing the sounds his boots made echo in the hall. Eventually, he made his way to a room called 'Coven Three.' Opening the door cautiously, he noticed a group of kids his age looking around.

"Uh... I'm looking for the classroom for history, can you show me where it is?" Mason asked in a subdued tone, looking down as a growing green colour moved away from his lips. It grow bigger, till it surrounded the group, exploding in a flower-like shape, before fading away. He knew they wouldn't see it, much less understand, so he didn't bring it up.

'Yeah,' Elias smiled at the new guy. 'We just came from there, it's just down the h-'

Before he could finish his sentence, the chandelier in the centre of the ceiling fell to the ground and a huge black beast tumbled into the room. Like a huge, top-heavy hound, the thing was covered in glowing red scars and its jewel-yellow eyes shimmered hungrily. There was no doubt about it. This was a demon.

'We got a hellhound!' Elias called, grabbing his rapier and feeling his hair buzz with electricity. He tried to perform a quick spell, but the huge front paw of the beast fell in front of him, and he only just managed to jump out of the way before it struck the tiles, which shot up out of the floor like ammunition. He finally managed to cast his spell, and he watched as a golden magical circle shone on the floor around him. Pointing the blade at the dog, a bolt of lightning shot from its tip and lanced the hellhound in the face.

'I think I just made it angrier!' he shouted as he somersaulted out of the way of another blow.

Edited by MendezLightning

Rose had just grabbed her passport, and other Ids when she heard something from the room where the others had gone. Turning to go there she moved her knives from their sheathes at her arms as she moved forward. Seeing the dog she tilted her head a bit before bringing one knife up to point to the hellhound.

Hearing the Lightning male from earlier shout she cut a slight glare before arching her wrist as she set a flame to circle around the dog. Watching the flames dance a bit as it hit the dog's fur she then waved her hand a bit before cutting off the flames. Moving to the side as she watched the flames burn she then shot a quick look to the others.

Counting those in her new Coven she then looked back to the dog. Frowning as she moved she then bent down with her second blade. Whispering something else causing the blade to heat up before sending the heat out to the floor to burn the paws of the hellhound to give the others a chance to talk through a plan.

(Sorry, I was skimming. I swear. I'm not usually this inactive. I'll be more active next week after break and my cousins leave.)

(I thought they were in the Coven already DX)

Inanna stared down violin girl as she was sizing up the nymph. This wasn't anything new, especially from the attractive, jealous, human girls. This one was pretty with long black hair and an elegant face. Her curves didn't jut out much either like her own. Not that Inanna had a problem with her own body. To her mild surprise though, the boys all but ignored her. It wasn't that big of a deal, she wasn't seeking a man anyway.

Inanna followed the boy with blonde hair like everyone else, assuming he was the leader. The room was empty, weird. Were they suppose to decorate it? Inanna didn't think so, and it was a pretty stupid thought, which was why she was glad she didn't say it aloud. Her I-am-so-bored-this-is-a-total-waste-of-my-precious-time face was still on as a new guy walked in. Arms crossed and blue eyes following him, she did a light scan, brown hair, messy, probably cut it himself. Tannish skin, must be an outdoor guy. Really pretty green eyes. Inanna had always wanted green eyes.

She didn't linger on the thought much, because a oversized dog suddenly popped into the room. Finally, things were getting interesting.

Inanna was really glad her little sister wasn't in this group at the moment. The younger girl would probably have tried to make friends with the cute puppy. Before she could whip out her fan, lighting boy and fire girl already struck. Inanna watched for a little bit, not doing much to help until the attacks stopped, fire burning at the hell hound's paw. Lazily waving her fan, she sent a strong gust of hot wind to feed the fire.

A loud clatter caused Mason to turn his head, he was immediately confronted with a large explosion of colour, mostly shades of brown and grey. There was no patter, just a mess of colour. As the sound disappeared, something horrifying emerged from the debris, a dog-like creature with skin as black as a moonless night. He felt like the beast's eyes were piercing through his body, right to his soul. What scared him the most was the sounds it was making... they didn't produce any colour. What manner of beast could make sounds like that? He spoke up as the boy fired some lighting at the beast.

"A what!?" He called out as the room filled with different elements. The previously mentioned Lighting, with some Fire that got fuelled with wind. They looked more skilled with their powers, so he decided to hang back and provide some defence. Planting his feet firmly on the ground, he began to move his hands as bits of rubble began to jump up. If the beast decided to attack, a well-placed pillar could knock it off balance. A magic circle formed around him, glowing in a calming green light. The rubble produced a very subdued 'crackle' like colour, but it was enough to help him guide the focal point.

Kazusa watched as a large demon appeared in the ruins of a chandelier. Everyone sprang into action and the room was soon filled with magical circles and elements. Kazusa wanted to help but she knew if she made a mistake, the ring of fire may disappear and the beast would be set free. She could nothing but watch helplessly. But there was something tugging at her chest. The tugging was not uncomfortable but it was too strong to ignore. Kazusa quickly brought out her violin and started playing Estrellita. A blue circle appeared underneath the demon and covered it in a thin veil of water. The music caused drowsiness and the hellhound was obviously feeling sleepy. But since the monster did not fall asleep, she had no choice but to keep playing.

Although there was one problem. Kazusa still did not have full control over her powers and a thin veil of water started to cover her too. It seemed her lack of control over her music made it effective to nearly everyone who heard it.

"Cover your ears!!" Kazusa shouted. She was worried that they might all fall asleep. Kazusa finished the song and now the demon was completely hypnotised, not asleep but it seemed to be enough. Kazusa get her eyelids get heavy and soon she dropped to the ground.

Elias didn't have time to watch as the new guy started forming a pillar of rubble, and before that there was fire, and then wind to make the flames bigger - but he didn't have time. The hellhound was focusing on him, after the lightning strike he had caused. He reasoned it was because it was the only spell he had seen acting against him, so he had immediately gone in for the kill. But then Elias noticed the water spreading across the hellhound's black and red skin. 'So violin girl can actually do stuff, huh?' he commented sardonically out of earshot.

As the girl started play, he took his chance to throw another bolt of lightning at the dog, the water layer exploding it oxygen and hydrogen, the lightning causing the hydrogen to erupt even more. The dog was thrown back onto the floor as the water kept spreading. Elias then holstered his rapier and covered his ears. 'THIS BETTER WORK, VIOLIN GIRL!!'

Rune was struggling to register everything that had suddenly happened. One moment they were in the Coven Room, then a hellhound showed up out of absolutely nowhere and the room was chaotically filled with elements. This all seemed to happen in less than a second. Rune had only managed draw his bow and fire a single arrow of water towards the beast until the quiet girl ordered everyone to cover their ears. Seeing her use of weaponized music, Rune quickly obliged.

"Are you okay?!" He said as the girl suddenly collapsed.

Elias withdrew his rapier again and calmly said to Rune in a low , 'Keep her safe, use your bow!!' Stalking closer to the sleeping dog, Elias stepped over the rubble carefully to make sure he didn't wake it. Unfortunately, his magic hadn't enjoyed the stalking, slow approach and he felt his start to float with static again. 'No ... NO!' he hissed to himself and tried to stop his powers, but he just felt them flare up more, responding to his anger. The electrical magic conducted down the blade of his rapier and across his skin and then discharged with a loud pop like a balloon and a small flash of white light. That was enough to wake the dog up.

The next thing he knew, he was being thrown against the wall, but not before he jammed the blade deep into the dog's front upper arm.

Mason chose to use his ears rather than his eyes to guide the spell for the time being. Closing his eyes, he raised his right hand as he began to slowly move around. From time to time, when he felt like he was being overwhelmed by his sight, he would just take a moment and not use his eyes. After about ten seconds, he opened his eyes, feeling fresh and ready. It was around that time when the girl with the violin told everyone to cover their ears. He stood his ground, and covered his ears. The spell had stopped moving, continuously producing the same crackle-like effect. The combination of water and lighting had thrown the dog-beast across the room. As the lighting kid approached it, something happened. For whatever reason, a flash of white light appeared from him, causing the dog to wake up and knock him across the room.

However, when he noticed that the sword had been lodged into the dog's upper leg, he he felt this was the moment to strike.

He once more guided the spell to the dog, but this time it was to the injured part of its body.

"AUGHHH!" Called out Mason as he slammed the ground beneath him with his fists, causing the green circle to light up. A solid pillar of dirt and stone erupted beneath the dog, flipping him on his side, but that was enough for part two. When he clenched his fists, two sharp points of rock appeared at the location where the dog was heading. The drain on his energy was immense, how long had he been holding this spell? To him, it felt like an hour.

Rose watched as water moved over the dog before she had gone to lift her knives again. Then she cursed as lightning woke the dog once more before watching the hellhound be flung. Keeping a close eye on it she watched it land on the sharp rocks before moving forward. Jabbing a knife into the chest of the dog she then tilted her head.

Letting out a soft word she watched fire erupt from her knife once more before it entered into the dog burning it from the inside out. Keeping a close eye she then looked to the others.

" Let's hope that there are no more of these as we continue this little project." She then moved back before letting the flames burn the blood off her knife.

Elias watched as the girl finished off the dog with an internal blast of fire magic. She was a ruthless demon hunter through and through, and if he wasn't into guys ... 'I'll drink to that,' he laughed, but silently cursed his electrical magic. He was told it was common for adolescent lightning wizards, but still ...

He then watched as the demon's body began to glow red and disintegrate into black petals, which scattered across the room in a thick layer. Just then, Mrs Gegen stepped into the room and scrawled something on the clipboard she brought with her. 'Eet, appears hyou haff defeated da demon. Congrratulassion. Odder coffens were not as successfill.'

'You mean that was planned?' Elias asked indignantly.

'Was test. Only most able coffens can go on mission,' Mrs Gegen replied monotonously. 'Hyou are obvious able. Excursion allowed. Hyou, jowever, are not part of coffen, although hyou obvious of equal ability ... Hyou will join Coffen 3. Gootern aabeidhen. Goodbye.' And with that she left.

'What the frick?' Elias mumbled. He turned to the new guy and put out a hand. 'Elias Stern. Nice to meet you. You're pretty tanned, are you from the Southlands?'

Kazusa awakened drowsily. She looked around and saw the limp corpse of the massive hellhound. The hound was still burning and judging by the wound, Kazusa worked out that her spell had failed. Miserably. She cursed her powers and wondered why she had chosen a sleeping curse, which she had not even mastered, instead of a damaging spell or even a performance-boosting enchantment. She picked herself up and her violin just in time to hear the female teacher speaking again. Kazusa still had no idea what the teacher said so she didn't bother listening to her any more and while everyone was distracted, she placed her violin in her case.

"I really need to work on that" she muttered quietly to herself.

Noticing the violin girl was waking up, Elias stepped over to pat her on the back and smiled widely at her. 'Good work there. Without your sleep spell I know I would have gotten kicked through that window!' he laughed. 'What was your name again? Kazesu? Are you from the East?'

Kazusa noticed Elias walking over to her so she stood up properly.

'What was your name again? Kazesu? Are you from the East?'

Kazusa couldn't find a way to avoid this direct question and ignoring him would be just rude. She was taught in her family that ladies should answer when spoken to by a gentleman. "It's Kazusa..." She said quietly. "And I was raised in the Taichi Islands, just north from here. It's my mother's home country and my father is Galendian." Feeling she did not need to say any more, she waited for a reply.