cyradis4

Tombstones & Lineages: Multiple Lineage Views

I wouldn't mind it this got implemented so long as there is no way for it to change preexisting dead lines.

For example, I did some research, and this line here would be absolutely ruined if the dead dragon's line was viewable;

http://dragcave.net/lineage/eDBEi

That's how I feel about my lovely black sad.gif RUINED !

I wonder if it is possible to code it so that a deadline will only show TRULY dead if there are no offspring of the killed dragon/s on other scrolls. That would have worked for mine as no-one ever got babies from those two !

I wouldn't mind it this got implemented so long as there is no way for it to change preexisting dead lines.

For example, I did some research, and this line here would be absolutely ruined if the dead dragon's line was viewable;

http://dragcave.net/lineage/eDBEi

That particular dragon won't be viewable, because its parents are deleted.

However, if you created that lineage today, that last tombstone would be clickable forever, and you could see the destroyed lineage.

As for this option, you'd be able to set what the default view is (deadline in your case) but yes, you would be able to see the full lineage by toggling.

Something in the current system has to give, which means there needs to be some way to salvage lineages destroyed by tombstones. Which means.... There does need to be some way to see around that tombstone.... At least for babies which are on other people's scrolls.

Edit:

Fuzz, I could get behind that, so long as its all descendents. Perhaps you should make a thread for it? tongue.gif

Cheers!

C4.

Edited by cyradis4

That's how I feel about my lovely black sad.gif RUINED !

I wonder if it is possible to code it so that a deadline will only show TRULY dead if there are no offspring of the killed dragon/s on other scrolls. That would have worked for mine as no-one ever got babies from those two !

I really like this idea! It would solve almost all of the issues involved in bringing back true deadlines. I really hope it's feasible; it seems like the best compromise.

Something in the current system has to give, which means there needs to be some way to salvage lineages destroyed by tombstones. Which means.... There does need to be some way to see around that tombstone.... At least for babies which are on other people's scrolls.

The current system, IMHO, is not exactly fair... I know that is not possible to stop anybody from killing the parents of dragons owned by someone else but it is wrong to allow that type of action to destroy the lineages diligently and carefully built by others.