Lothuialel

Douhle Forest

Columbine nodded. She stood up with a groan and waited readily for him. She purred and pressed her forehead to the chest of her husband.

"I agree." Alielel nodded. "I want this Forest to prosper and grow. It used to gorgeous. Were you around a mellenium ago when the Forest was fresh? Before the draught hits mellenium ago? Wait. Your only over three hundred right?"

Axle stood there when Ophelia lunged at him. He felt the pain of her fangs enter his neck and his blood being drain from him, yet he did not fall nor moved still. His healing powers was working on recovering the blood lost. He could feel the blood running down his neck, But that was not bothering him at all. "Remember who you are Ophelia. Remember you asked me what I want to do and you said you would go with me. Well I never told you did I?" Axle said. He hope he was getting though to her. "I Want to go somewhere high up and see the sunset."

Xeon look at Jayfeather and back to his small army he have gather. "Everyone listen up, You may not know me, and I, you, but I will say this, We are out number and out class!" Xeon paused for a moment to see everyone staring back at him waiting for more. "But Unlike these Invaders, we have a reason to fight! We fight to protect our town! We fight to protect our love ones! We fight to protect the forest!" Xeon yelled to the group, Which was followed by battle roars and cheers. "What I am about to ask is a big thing and will not hold it against anyone who would like to leave, but I ask to lay down your lives." Xeon yelled. No one moved but cheered more, as if motivated by Xeon. Than they all yelled at one unit "Tell us what to do" to Xeon. Xeon smiled. "We will ambush them in the forest and use the trees tops to our advantage, and well show them that a town full of regular people are no push over! We will fight and we will win, or die trying. Protect your fellow Brother to your left and right as if they were your own family." Xeon screamed to the which was followed by more battle Cheers. "Fight for your Town, Fight for your family, Fight for your freedom, Fight for earth itself!" Xeon screamed to the crowd of battle cry cheers people. The elves rushed passed Xeon and Jayfeather to the forest and went into the trees, climbing them to the top and disappearing. "Jayfeather see if you can round up some wolves friends as well." Xeon said as he rush passed him to the group and disappeared into the tree line. The town have turn into a ghost town and no sounds was coming from the forest now. Jayfeather jump onto the top of the highest build and took a breath and than howled into the air, piercing the night air. His howl was replied to from other wolves around the forest. "yes my fellow wolves help us fight." Jayfeather said to himself as he was the last to enter the tree tops.

((Soulking is un-able to enter fight for his characters are still a day or two ahead of the fight and can not join. Fire side and Lou said they are timeskipping past the fight part by a day so Everything that me metal, and melom will do, have already passed for everyone else.

characters list below can still experiences the fight.

Axle-

Jayfeather- Thank to Shadow Time jumping him back to the past

Xeon-

Ophelia

Oskar

Captain

Elsa Wiegand

Tyler

Talia

Lucian

Ra'Thum

Tarick

These are the only one still in the past for the fight part of this story. Not being a jerk here but it would confused the heck out of me and everyone else, including the readers if someone was to appear in the past without help from someone with time magic.))

Edited by draco8967

(Wow.. I'm genuinely impressed. You really paid attention....I couldn't keep track of timings and such.)

((ya had to go back a bit and re-read a few things, and i forgot the knowledge of war factors as well. that will be edit.))

((I did fix that, I did not think there was hundreds of them, but she could still take on 21 of them by herself.))

((Want to make sure to get Melo into the fight first! That way, he can already guarantee his two characters will be in the fray and I won't have to move them. smile.gif ))

Lucina glanced over at Alielel. "I'm not that old." she muttered. "I'm one hundred and twenty-seven years old, if I recall correctly." the sorceress continued, her eyes were now sparkling with curiosity as she realized that since Alielel was so old, the dragon likely knew plenty of the forest's history. "You're saying... that the forest used to be even prettier than what I imagined it to be?" Lucina asked, blinking. "I... I'd like to know more about it."

=========================

Surprisingly to her, Axle simply sat there and allowed Ophelia to plunge her fangs into his neck and suck as much blood as she needed. Upon feeling satisfied, the vampire girl was able to take control back of her body and quickly pushed herself away from Axle, completely horrorized by what she had just done to her friend. "N-No... I... I'm sorry..." Ophelia lamented over her attack, her mouth covered in blood now. "I... I'll do anything..." she continued, having heard Axle's request.

Yvain smirked; going by the route he traced they'd be almost at the town. The main group would attack first, then the two other groups would flank them from the sides. Oskar's vampires would then pounce from behind to ambush the defenders. A maneuver designated to truly box the enemy in and attack until they were wiped out. The captain turned over to look at a mage by his side. "You. Send a message to that Tarick guy and his worm that they can already start attacking." he ordered.

The mage nodded and closed his eyes, focusing to send a telepathic message to Tarick. Of course, he secured the link so nobody could possibly intercept the telepathy intended for his fellow dark army member. "Tarick, Captain Yvain has ordered you to start attacking right now. Weaken them and punch as many holes as you can through their defenses, to make the job easier for us when we arrive. Try to be in one piece though until then, we'll still need you afterwards."

Axle simple look at her. "There is nothing to be sorry about. Remember I offered myself for that." Axle said as he wipe away the blood off his neck, with his hand, which just end up smearing over his shoulder. Ophelia bit mark was gone now from his neck. Axle grab the bandages around his side and chest and removed them to clean up the blood off his neck. His side and chest have been healed up as well, leaving no scars from the hydra attack. He drop the bandages on the ground and stared at Ophelia. "just tell me when you are hunger, ok. It one think to feed off me, it another to feed off someone else." Axle said as he started to walk away. He stop and sniff the cold air. He smelled the two that help out Oskar, which means Oskar was not far from them. "You own me nothing Ophelia, just remember that." Axle said as he unfolded his wings. His white wings was clearly visible, even in the cover of darkness of the night. "Xeon will need help with the army Oskar's pals are bring, There are three in the air I will try and stop, but Xeon going to need everyone he can get. So can you please help him, and try not to bite anyone on our side." Axle said. "I'm going after Oskar and the three in the air, so don't worry to much about them." Axle did not wait for a reply as he jump into the air and took off, And sure enough he caught the three off guard completely. Axle wasted no time go after them at full speed and Hit Lucian hard in the chest, send him flying thought the air. Talia drew her sword and went after Axle, and Tyler cast a fireball at him, hitting Axle in the back. Axle felt the fireball hit him but did not scream, as steam came off his back. The scorch mark was gone after a few seconds and than Axle body change color from what he look like to Dark black Blending in with the Night. Talia went to hit axle but missed and got hit in the face by his knee. Axle took her sword from her hand and swung down with it but was block by Lucian's sword. Due to their sword man ship different between each other, Lucian had Axle out classed. Lucian Pushed up with his sword sending Axle into the air, and sure enough he was hit from behind by a ball of energy sending him back to the ground. Talia grab her sword when it fell out of Axle's hand. Axle hit the tree tops and a loud snaps of tree limbs. His chest and arms were all cuts up and he was laying there in the tree barley visible, as blood flowed from his body. 'How did I think that was going to work.' Axle thought to him as he pick himself up into the tree.He let his body healed from the little fight he had and thought of what he should do next, seeing how the army was in front of him now still heading for the town.

The three dark Angels look at each other when Axle it the tree line. "Who was that?" Talia asked her siblings, Which was followed from each of them by a single raise of the shoulder. They thought nothing of it and went to caught up with the army.

"Hey, wait!"

Ophelia cried out and sighed as she watched Axle fly away towards where the dark army's forces were supposedly moving out at. "If it's what I think it is... oh no. He's in trouble." she thought. Now that she was calm and with her powers at their fullest thanks to having recently fed, she was in conditions to try tracking Axle down and even helping them fight her old allies as asked. The vampire sniffed the area and began following the scent of blood she recognized as Axle's, and it didn't take long for her to find him again. "There you are." Ophelia said, trying to keep her voice down and rushed to his aid.

"You were lucky their archers and mages didn't shoot you down..." she sighed. "We can't just barge in like that. We'll have to come up with a plan, or else at the very least they'll just mow us down with their large numbers." the vampire said, trying to remember what were some of their old tactics used on raids and such.

Yvain surely heard the fighting even if he was inside one of the siege towers. He lifted up an eyebrow as footsteps were heard coming from above, a scout coming down into the captain's floor with a report. "S-Sir," the orc scout spoke. "We have reports that something up in the skies was spotted... I also saw it. Its white wings easily stood out from the darkness in the night... and it looked like a fight broke out, too."

Yvain grumbled a curse under his breath and shoved the orc out of the way, heading up the stairs. "Outta my way. Goddamn it..."

The captain went to the top of the siege tower, from up there he could see his troops marching towards the town. Taking a different route, somewhere else, were the two flank batallions who headed for the same destination. Archers, crossbowmen and mages were positioned at the top of the towers. They had the task of not only providing support from up there but also scouting the area as they had the largest range of sight from that height.

Yvain looked up at the three dark angels. As the scout said it was up there, he figured it'd be best to ask them about it. "What the hell happened up there? I just received a report that something was spotted in the skies."

Alielel smiled. "The flowers were tiny and had many variations of colors and designs. These flowers are rare nowadays since they symbolize life. The grass was greener and lush. The trees taller, greener and healthier. In fact the trees were happy. The undergrowth was constantly wet and it rained nearly everyday. The animals were fat and healthy as well. Exotic fruits and viney plants grew everywhere." The grave dragon closed her eyes. "Take my hand and see for yourself."

Arastea rode her Calvary horse next to Yvain. She glared at the mage like a captain would. She called over a few troops. "I need you on my flank when me move in to invade the town." The soldiers nodded. The nymph smiled. This was going to be fun. She enjoyed a good blood bath.

((Yvain's standing at the top of one of the siege towers... should I assume Arastea's calling out for him? tongue.gif))

Lucina blinked as she heard the grave dragon talk. Her imagination went wild as she pictured how the forest was like before the drought, before the dark army's invasion. She had seen one of the less affected parts of the forest and thought it was beautiful, but didn't think it outright paled in comparison to how Douhle was like in the past. The sorceress stared at Alielel for a moment after being asked if she wanted to see it for herself.

"O... Okay." Lucina mumbled and complied, holding onto the grave dragon's hand.

==========================

Yvain looked down at Arastea as she rode near the siege tower, with his arms crossed. She wanted him on her flank for the invasion. "Hmm. Nah." the captain shrugged. "I like the view better here." he continued. "Focus less on the town for now - I've just received a report that something's roaming the skies here. Could be a spy or something. Keep an eye out and be sure to tell me if you see anything."

Tarick & Ra'thum

"Yes sir." he spurred Ra'thum forward. Ra'thum burst out of the ground, making several soldiers cry out in fear. He swallowed them and started thrashing around, knocking over buildings and barricades. The archers tried to shoot at him, but all the arrows bounced off or shattered. Tarick motioned towards a safe-house, where women and children were escaping to.

"•¥*£%"

("Eat them.")

Ra'thum roared, and smashed into the building. Many of the inhabitants were either killed from the impact, or eaten by him. Tarick grinned widely. That was sure to have decreased their morale, seeing that they failed to protect so many innocents. As he thought that, a boulder crashed down on Ra'thum, stunning him. He growled and went for the siege engine. Tarick pulled out several chunks of raw meat from his belt.

"<%€+?•_^!"

("Want the meat? Go get it!)

He chucked it at the engine, where a surprised soldier caught it. His surprise didn't last for long. Ra'thum crashed into the machine, causing it to explode and kill more soldiers. He dove in and out of the ground and made several pits. He covered them with a thin layer of dirt. Any careless soldiers were sure to fall in. Confident that Yvain could see the destruction from here, he burrowed underground and waited for more orders.

(No she called out to different soldiers! Not him!)

Arastea looked up and rode off at a gallope. She will need to go search then. The soldiers she had talked to either ran or rode horses next to her. She searched the skies wondering where the spy could be. She was never told about a spy coming, why hadn't she been notified?

Alielel smiled and through their joined hands was able to share the sight and memory of what the Forest use to be like. "This is what it once was. The glorious place everyone loved. The place before the draught."

((Oh. Oops.

...Since Yvain is a nutcase anyway, how about we assume he thought she was talking to him? tongue.gif ))

Lucina was basically caught off-guard as suddenly she had the sight of what the forest truly looked like, before the drought hit it and began to kill it off. Her eyes widened in amazement, and she tried to keep her jaw from dropping to the floor as to not get embarrassed in front of her friend. Was this Alielel's memory of how the forest was like before? Regardless of whether it was just an illusion to recreate the image or the dragon's actual memories, it was impressive and true to the grave dragon's description. The lively, green grass; the healthy trees standing tall and proud, the fresh air filling her unhealthy lungs... The flora was even more alive and diversified than she thought it'd be, bringing out more of the forest's beauty and adding a wide selection of bright colors to it.

"This place... I... I cannot call it beautiful." Lucina murmured, her eyes and voice obviously in awe. "This place... I can only say it's... majestic." she continued, admiring her surroundings. So this was how Douhle was really like... the sorceress sighed, wishing there was something she could do to restore it to its former glory.

At that point, the sorceress felt something strange inside her.

It felt strange... it was a sensation she hadn't felt in years. It was like a small, dim flame lighting up within her heart. It didn't feel bad, on the contrary: it felt quite cozy.

"Hmm... I feel... odd." Lucina whispered. But she disregarded her feelings for now and continued to gaze at her surroundings.

((Tried to describe the forest with what Alielel told her... Hope I got it right.))

From up there in the siege tower, Yvain could see the city up ahead, and spotted smoke coming out from it. He grinned, that meant Tarick was doing his part. The captain gestured at his troops down on the ground, and they began to load up their catapults and trebuchets with their appropriate ammo - large boulders, and ready to be set ablaze no less. He intended on announcing their arrivals by showering the town with flaming boulders, to cause damage to their buildings and walls and at the same time, to break their morale.

Yvain looked to the side at the same mage from before. "Tell him to take cover." he said, eyeing the orcs quickly loading the siege engines up with boulders. The mage nodded and sent a second message to Tarick with the same safety measures as before. "Good work. Now you better take cover, lest you'll be crushed underneath the hell that is about to rain down on these Douhlians."

Edited by MetalDragon

Tarick & Ra'thum

"Alright." Tarick burrowed deep beneath the ground and surfaced right outside the town. Ra'thum snapped up a few more people before leaving for where Yvain was.

"Alright, we're here." He called out from the bottom of the tower. He started climbing it slowly while Ra'thum took a short nap below. He reached the top and faced Yvain. "What now?"

Navir smiled giving a hug to the dragon who just technically headbutted his chest. but he laughed lightly "You don't have to fly dear." He said as he muttered another, but familiar elven incantation and opened a rather large tear, or door, to the sky city. so Columbine can fit in as she is now and the freak as well "Let's go rest up then meet the lords and ladies." he said as he carried his hatchling into the tear.

(Is Icarus still with them? I lost track..)

Ruilai snuggled up closer. She was still terrified from everything that had happened. She suddenly felt hungry and started making a high-pitched chirping noise.

Edited by Melomancer

Axle sat there the tree. When Ophelia came up to him he was about healed most of the way, he simple look at her and smiled. Than he heard a sword being pulled from a sheath, and it was above him. He grab Ophelia when Lucian Brought his sword down the place They were at. Axle was clip by the blade tip when it sliced though the tree limb. When axle set Ophelia on the ground, he very much started to growl, and this growl was a very deep growl. His body color was turning to a crimson red now and his eyes have turn from a human eyes to a blood red Dragon eyes. That Crimson red color on his body started to darken much more, to more of a blood dark red. He turn around and look at Lucian face to face. 'What is wrong with this guy, why keep changing colors?' Lucian asked himself. He got into a ready stance for Axle, but was not expecting what came next. The speed of which Axle stuck Lucian and the strength behind it was much more than a human could possible have. Lucian barely had time to move out of the way of Axle, until Axle grab him by the neck and smash him into a tree at full force shattering it on impact. That sound of a tree shattering was heard miles away. Axle throw Lucian right into another tree. Lucian look at Ophelia, 'It that girl, let see how strong he his when he lose what he protects.' He throw his sword at her, and it made contact with someone, but not the person he was expecting. Axle body was ran though with the Lucian sword, as blade went though his front and out the back of his Dark crimson body. Axle grab the blade handle and pulled it out of him as his wound healed back up, and snap the blade in half. Lucian had no choose but to run from Axle, who gave chase at him, and was gaining. They were about 100ft from the back end of the Dark army force before another tree shatter again. Lucian dodge Axle fist by a hair, as his fist hit the tree with great impact.

Lucian busted into the Dark army back side, and was soon followed by Axle. Tyler and Talia look at Axle. "That is not possible, he should have died from that blast." Tyler said as she land next to Lucian and Talia land on the other side. What happen Next was something they were not expecting at all. "NOW." Xeon voice was heard from the trees, as arrows came out from the trees at all angles. Those arrows was followed by a Wind Slash from Xeon sword, right at the machines. Talia put up a barrier around her and her siblings and some soldiers, but it was not that big at all. The arrows that hit the Barrier shatter on impact, But Axle Fist, shatter the barrier. These little Hexagons came from it, going in every direction. All three angles stared in shock from what Axle just did. Sure enough Xeon and Jayfeather Jump next to Axle. "Let see which side wins when you have no mages or bowman."

(Wait, you killed all the mages and bowmen in a single strike? Cmon, be realistic. I know they do this in video games, but one or two guys can't kill an entire army. Remember, these are not sacks of flour you're fighting. They're trained soldiers.

((No i am not, I simple attack, Metal Decide how many are killed. Remember that they are up in trees so they do have the ability of surprise. All of my force are up in the trees. All 1500 of them.))

Edited by draco8967

((You do know after the fight I wont have anyone for the forest anymore, but they won't be dead. So I'll still be here to just support with shadow or any other npc with useful information if that ok with people

Youtube Song for the battle Battle song My ending song Draco ending Song Second Battle music Second battle music))

Edited by draco8967

Navir smiled giving a hug to the dragon who just technically headbutted his chest. but he laughed lightly "You don't have to fly dear." He said as he muttered another, but familiar elven incantation and opened a rather large tear, or door, to the sky city. so Columbine can fit in as she is now and the freak as well "Let's go rest up then meet the lords and ladies." he said as he carried his hatchling into the tear.

Columbine followed after him. She walked stiffly and unsurely. Could she trust this magic? The dragon was learning quite a bit from her husband.

Arastea smiled. Time to prepare. She drew her sword and prepared for the battle. She rode out in front of the troups and called out a battle cry.

Alielel smiled. "It is different. But remember, this is just an illusion."

((Huh. Rhapsody of Fire. I haven't listened to that in a while... I like this song in particular.

Draco, since it seems like you have a plan for your characters, would you like me to refrain from interfering from any fights between them? (if they happen that is) That way, I won't get in the way or anything, if that's what you want.))

"So... it's just an image... but still..." Lucina responded and continued to look at the forest that surrounded her, allowing the illusion to draft her away. She wondered how the real thing looked like - probably even more splendid, she thought. The sorceress still was curious on what she was feeling right now. It happened right upon witnessing this image and she wondered what it could be.

"I feel like... a rusty, old lamp has just ignited inside me. The flame that keeps it lit is dim, but... I haven't felt this way in ages..." Lucina said, looking at the dragon. "Is this something you've ever felt before?"

Yvain's ears perked up as he heard the familiar sounds of bows' strings pulling and firing. He turned to look and see volleys of arrows being fired off from every direction towards his forces. "What the--!" the captain cut his sentence short as he dove for cover within the siege tower and so did the troops near him. Two catapults were caught by what appeared to be a blade made out of air, which cut into them and sent off debris and wood splinters everywhere. Plenty of troops were caught and killed by the surprise arrows, but they soon caught up and there were soldiers with large shields defending themselves and their fellow comrades. The mages began to put up barriers to accomplish the same thing the warriors were doing.

The captain was angered. He turned to glare at the nearest mage near him with his acid-green eyes. "Where are those scumbags attacking from?! Tell me!" he demanded angrily.

"Th-The arrows came from the trees, sir!" the man answered nervously.

"Good! You know where they are at, now go there and give them hell!" Yvain ordered, soundly getting more and more pissed off each second that passed. The group had already began to retaliate, arrows and energy-based spells being fired back at where the attackers shot from and some agile soldiers heading into the nearby trees to scout them.

"B-But they're hidden in the forest here!"

"THEN MAKE THE FOREST 'NOT HERE'!" Yvain yelled at him.

"R-Right!" the mage saluted and sent off telepathic messages to his fellow magse, and soon the order was spread out through the entire group. Archers and crossbowmen began to set their arrows and bolts on fire and shoot them off into the trees and vegetation. The dark mages casted fireballs into the woods. They were going to set the trees ablaze destroy as much terrain as they could and completely deprive their attackers from their hiding spots.

Captain Serpens stood where he was and watched from one of the siege tower's gaps, his teeth gritted. He did not expect any kind of retaliation before reaching the town, let alone an ambush like that. However, the two other flank batallions - one of them being Elsa's - were still heading out towards town. They were already warned of potential ambushes lying around and their orders were to also set the forest on fire the moment the enemy revealed themselves. As they were on guard, a surprise attack would be far less effective than what happened to the main group. Other than that, they were still marching towards town.