shadow_claw

Ultimate Guide to Real Life

Also, the sheet was edited after it was accepted

Posted: Jan 31 2014, 08:57 PM

This post has been edited by SUP3RSPAWN3R on Jan 31 2014, 10:35 PM

Which I assume was to fix the magic bit like Doctor asked. But I have a feeling Doctor would have disputed Shadow's acceptance of the sheet if it had omnipotence in it before. And would likely have asked for a change, instead of simply asking for the magic part to be moved. And Doctor is very careful with this stuff, so I conclude that omnipresence and omnipotence were added after acceptance

I wouldn't exactly assume that. I'd ask Super first. While I'm not in anyway okay with a character having omnipotence, I'm not the one who calls the shots here. It's Shadow who is in charge. I would advise changing the bit about omnipotence and possible omnipresence since I know how RPs work and I can see many arguments about this in the future. Again, it's up to Shadow to change it, but I'll still throw in my two cents.

I'm okay with omnipresence, but omnipotence definitely needs nerfed. In the games, this hold true. The Deadra and the like are ridiculously strong. But since this is a bit different, I request a nerfing, or at least incredibly limited use.

I can removed omnipotence from the accepted sheet. The sheet already has "Mastery over magic and spells" in it. Would that help?

"Ridiculously strong" isn't equivalent to being able to conquer galaxies in the blink of an eye. Unless these type of characters can blow up the universe with their thoughts, I don't think they can be omnipotent.

Edited by Doctortear

I'm unsure how this is to help. It tells me about the character but it doesn't help me give something to replace omnipotence with. This character is obviously not omnipotent nor omnipresent.

Edited by Doctortear

I'll go ahead and get to that.

I'm going to go ahead and throw this out. Before we accept anymore sheets, we should try and make a new rule. If someone tries to make a new character, we'll have to go and do a little research on the character before accepting it. That way, nothing like this happens again.

For example, if someone tried to make Mario and gave him powers to blow up the ocean, we'd have to go and do a quick search on Mario's powers before accepting the sheet. During the research, we would fine that Mario in fact can not blow up the oceans and we'll have to inform whoever tried to make Mario that he cannot blow up the oceans.

I'm not saying we have to learn everything about the character, I'm just saying we should make sure people know what they're talking about and aren't giving characters powers that they don't have. People tend to forget what certain words mean. (EX: Telepathy and telekinesis.)

Edited by Doctortear

I think that would be wise. The entire reason I brought it up was because I didn't see anything on the wiki hunting at it. Plus, it seems overpowered.

But we should be doing research regardless. It is a good idea with a RP like this.

Ah, the omnipotence part. Well, he can't just go "nope" and vaporize a planet, but he is quite powerful. Being what amounts do a demigod, as a Daedric Prince, he isn't fully omnipotent, like Akatosh would be. He is one of the more powerful Daedric princes however. So, what should I put on instead of omnipotence?

om·nip·o·tent

ämˈnipətənt/

adjective

(of a deity) having unlimited power; able to do anything.

synonyms: all-powerful, almighty, supreme, preeminent, most high

You should really be more careful with your wording

You also probubbly still need to have him not know where Loki comes from. Even if you make him omniscient (he is kinda the god of knowledge...) I don't think he should be omniscient out outside his own reality. So if he's in his reality, he knows everything about it. Which, in that reality, is everything. But outside it, such as in Reality, he will not know everything

Thanks for the input. Omniscient would be a better word, though I might add Reality-Bending to his powers as well. Since he could, for example, turn a sword into a bagel or pull a weapon from nowhere.

EDIT: I changed my post so that he did not know who or what Loki is.

Edited by SUP3RSPAWN3R

Well wouldn't he only be omniscient in his own universe since people who should know everything about the world don't know everything in reality as it is a different universe with different laws.

Also, how does he know about Deathwing if he can't know about Loki? Neither of them are part of your character's universe and Deathwing's real name isn't that well known.

Edited by Doctortear

Even then, Hiemdall is all seeing and all knowing and Loki was able to hide his actions from him. But I think it would be better if it was limited to their respective universes.

We can just go with that he isn't all knowing in reality as no one else is. Still, I have no idea how he could know about Deathwing.

Uhh, hello. I'm sorry for not being super active but I don't have a lot of time and also school :V

Anyway, SUP3RSPAWN3R, I have some problems with how Hermaeus Mora is being portrayed. For one, he's just kinda hard to grasp, since in the Elder Scrolls we don't find out everything about the Daedra. Hermaeus is also a bit of an enigma, since he rarely "shows" himself or acts as a very prominent and up-close figure. I think you should be careful with him.

As for the moment, his fight with Loki is a bit ridiculous. I know you put him in a human form "for the sake of RPing," but he really wouldn't do this little back and forth thing. In TES, he would send a champion or pull Loki into Apocrypha (or just kill him and absorb his knowledge, but no that's not going to happen). This, however, isn't the TES universe. He can't dimension-hop and he isn't omnipotent or omniscient or whatever. If you played any of the TES games (maybe not Arena because ha ha) you would know that he is the Daedric Prince of knowledge, memory, and "the scrying of Fate". None of those say or guarantee that he knows everything about everyone, or that he can sense . He would be just as staggered as everyone else to find himself in another universe. From what I've seen, you didn't have that happen to him apart from that one sentence. Just keep in mind that while he is a god, he's not all powerful and he's not all knowing. Sure, you are trying to have him learn about Loki, but just be careful how you approach it.

Sorry, I didn't mean to carry on. Just some thoughts, take them as such.

Edited by Ayesthine

Is Hook accepted?

Yes, Raptor, your sheet is accepted. I'll add it in a moment.

While on topic, did you need someone to interact with Kaku? Ciel can run into him while Sebastian goes through with his orders.

Yes, Raptor, your sheet is accepted. I'll add it in a moment.

While on topic, did you need someone to interact with Kaku? Ciel can run into him while Sebastian goes through with his orders.

Sure, I was planning on having Kaku run into someone else, but Ciel can run into him

Well I kinda have to wait for Shadow to have Sebastian go off and do his thing. If Shadow is cool with it, I can go ahead and have Ceil bump into Kaku without waiting for her.

Though I'm pretty sure that's rude.

Switching Ganon out for this guy

User: claw

Name: Germany

Age: several thousand years, although he looks in his twenties

Side: it depends

Weapons (if any): His revolver that he keeps on hand

Powers (if any):

-Immortal unless his country falls

-uh...that's it

Species: Country

Appearance: The one to the mid-right

Other: *sigh* Vhy haven't I gassed you yet?

It looks like we're bringing back most of the people from the previous RFC. I wonder who else is going to be brought back in.

I dunno. I just couldn't resist putting Germany back in. I love him.

Also, he can have the crap beaten out of him, but any mortal wounds will not kill him and instead heal up in about a day's time.

And his name is Ludwig. Just thought everyone would like to know.