dustpuppy

The Lovely Commons Project

I've got all my 2nd gens now for my magi x aqualis x mistra, but now they won't give me magi eggs. Oh well, I sent two pretty eggs to the AP at least.

I'm trying to figure out what to do for my next lovely commons since this has been fun. Would Astraels count as a common? They seem to be staying at 100 gems as of right now, but they get picked up rather quickly.

I need to come up with a new lineage.

Would like to try my luck with Vespines. I like them with Honey Drakes. What other breed would look good in an LC lineage with those two? Maybe Howler? Sabertooth Bull? Sunbeam (has too much blue I think)? Ochre looks too matchy to me -- no contrast to Vespine. Unless I use Honeys asthe main dragon and pair them with Vespines and Ochres. Still too matchy?

Edited by purplehaze

On 11/17/2023 at 11:15 AM, purplehaze said:

I need to come up with a new lineage.

Would like to try my luck with Vespines. I like them with Honey Drakes. What other breed would look good in an LC lineage with those two? Maybe Howler? Sabertooth Bull? Sunbeam (has too much blue I think)? Ochre looks too matchy to me -- no contrast to Vespine. Unless I use Honeys asthe main dragon and pair them with Vespines and Ochres. Still too matchy?

I really like the Vespines with the Honeys too! It's a visually pleasing combo that also amuses me since Honey x Wasp. I think it looks slightly more consistently contrasting with the Honeys as the main, and I also enjoy that their sprite changes based on gender for additional visual interest, but doesn't look too bland with Vespines as a main because of their stripes. It adds a good little pop of darkness that the Ochers don't have. I also kinda prefer the Ochers as the female breed, because of their posture, and the shape seems to also add a small visual contrast as well. Vespine are top-left heavy and Ochers are bottom-right heavy, so putting the Vespine up top and the Ocher down bottom seems (to me) to draw the eye through the pattern better.

(I realize this reply is late, I been behind on things x.x  I hope your projects are coming along well!)

Thanks for the input, @zippuzzle. I haven't started working with them yet, but was just thinking about it again this morning. I'll have to play around with 42's lineage thing and see what I like best.

I finally got 1/2 magis for gen 3 of my blue and magi lineage. Now I just need the other pair to give me one.

I'm brainstorming for another lovely lineage, I can't decide between pygmies or regular dragons. Two of the regular ones I drafted had female mistras because the color is pretty, but I'm tempted to do something with cassares and antareans. I'm just not sure what to use as the third dragon there; I tried whiptails and it was nice, but it may be too much of the same colors.

18 hours ago, Edenello said:

I finally got 1/2 magis for gen 3 of my blue and magi lineage. Now I just need the other pair to give me one.

I'm brainstorming for another lovely lineage, I can't decide between pygmies or regular dragons. Two of the regular ones I drafted had female mistras because the color is pretty, but I'm tempted to do something with cassares and antareans. I'm just not sure what to use as the third dragon there; I tried whiptails and it was nice, but it may be too much of the same colors.

Albino, freckled, leodon, or pillow might be good accompaniment! The same colors, but lighter for contrast, and I like the red that leodon would bring in.

22 hours ago, Edenello said:

I'm just not sure what to use as the third dragon there

I like the suggestions that @dracornithologist made. You might also consider Lihnseyres.

OOPS! Sorry for the double post. I thought the forum would merge those.

Edited by purplehaze

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm torn between freckleds and leodons, we'll see which I pick once my current project is done. :) 

Update: I finally got my last Gen 3 egg, looks like I may be able to finish up my first project really soon! :D 

Update 2: It is done! The final egg

Edited by Edenello

Congrats. :)

I'm stuck on G2, trying to get a Vespine from Vespine x Sabertooth Bull.

Edited by purplehaze

I just bred up a new second gen, in desperation....

Finally got my 4th gen of my fourth Lovely Commons project \o/  It really is a LOT harder than I expected to breed commons, so many no-eggs x.x;

Love how your Vespine lines came out, Purplehaze! The little bit of red in the Honeydrake tails goes so well with the Sabertooths!

Good luck, Fuzzbucket ;n;  I got a new CB pair for a different project a few months back, my original pair just... would not cooperate orz  I hope your new egg does better!

4 hours ago, zippuzzle said:

Finally got my 4th gen of my fourth Lovely Commons project \o/ 

Nice. Congrats.

23 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I just bred up a new second gen, in desperation....

Hope they are more cooperative.

Me too.....

Posted (edited)

(I changed my username from Serotina, so it's now the same as my scroll. Idk if that can be updated on the front page list or not)

Does my project still count if Stratos are no longer considered common? When I started this they were very common, but now the rarity guide says uncommon. They're still at 100 shards though so ???
Anyways

Edited by Cal-ifornia

I think Stratos are still pretty common, so I don't think that is a concern.

Nice lineage!

Thank you! I've been looking at all yalls lineages and I love the color combos you all come up with!
Your pygmy one with the occulri is so pretty, purplehaze! (I know I'm really late on that, lol. I've been lurking for a WHILE)

Posted (edited)

FINALLY !!!

Meet her scriptfulness.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/yLbt3

(My other line is still waiting to catch up after I got peeved.)

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I was all ready to present my coral/kyanite/mistlet - and they were too tired :( 

Next week....

OK now I'm fed up. Working on Kyantie/coral/magelight instead.