Millennium07

Sillu ina Genii ~The Shade in the Spirit~

Ayame looked over at him. "So you've never had something like this." She asked as she took a bowl annd filled it for him. "I hope you enjoy it."

"No, never" The King admitted as he took the bowl gladly. "I hope so too!" He said grinning as he began to wonder how to eat it.

Ayame shook her head and handed him a spoon, knowing he'll most likely spill. "Have you ever even used cutlery?"

Gilgamesh shook his head. "No, actually, I've never seen the point of it all." He gave a shrug as he tried a taste of the soup. "Holy crap, this tastes delectable." He said as his face contorted in an odd mix of emotions.

Ayame smiled as she ate some of her own, not having as much as Gill. "There's always more if you want."

The ravenous king tucked in to this veritable hidden treasure, savouring each bite. "I think I would!" He said enthusiastically.

This time her smile was evident. "Who would have known a royal king would enjoy a plain, normal meal." Ayame looked around, not sure what to think anymore, getting mixed feelings.

"Something I'd only plain, if you're used to it" Gilgamesh said insightfully. "This is all so new and exciting for me... I don't know what to think anymore..."

"You don't have to think, your heart will tell you what's going on and how to feel." Ayame said as she leaned back, tired.

Gilgamesh brought a hand to his chin, stroking it. "It's not common I meet a woman with so much philosophy as you" He said nodding to himself. "I think you are right."

"Again, you poke around the women who would lift thheir skirts for any high and mighty royal or knight." Ayame said. "I still have morals and dignity." She added. "I don't even see the point of it besides to have children."

Gillgamesh shrugged. "Perhaps morals and dignity are beyond the realms of one such as I. This life is the only one I've ever known. I'm not sure of I can be anything more."

"You were something more when you helped me out today with the wood and hunting." Ayame said with a yawn.

Gilgamesh looked up at the ceiling thoughtfully. "Doesn't that mean I would be when I'm protecting you all in the battlefield too?"

"No, not if you're the one starting the war." Ayame said as she got up. "I'm going to sleep, good night."

Gilgamesh stalked outside, looking up at the stars once more, after wishing Ayame a good night. "So were do we go from here, you and I?" He asked laying down and resting his head on his arms, looking up at the sky. "New kingdoms try to challenge us every other week. Can even we keep this us?"

I don't know. I suppose we must do, for everyone else's sakes.

Ayame laid in bed, eyes closed. "What am I going to about him?" She wondered.

Gilgamesh closed his eyes, taking in the feel of the nature around him. He felt himself drift off to sleep under the night sky...

Ayame went outside and noticed Gilgamesh asleep. She went inside and came back out with a blanket, covering him with it. "Sweet dreams."

Gilgamesh awoke the next morning to find himself covered by a blanket. That hadn't been there this morning... He briefly wondered if it was one of his servants, before remembering where he was and looking around to see if Ayams was outside.

Ayame was walking around close to the cabin, enjoying the morning air. She was still deep in though about how to get through the week.

Gilgamesh rose to his feet, unsure of exactly what it was he should do in this situation. It was bizarrely surreal - nothing had ever happened like this before in his life.

Ayame looked up and noticed that Gill had woken up. She smiled and waved at him before continuing to walk on.

Gilgamesh waved back slowly, still unsure of what to do. What was a man supposed to do here, let alone a king! Should he approach her? No... She'd probably lash out again. Should he go inside? No... Probably not. He exhales, looking up to the sun for guidance

Ayame wasn't looking where she was going and tripped over a tree root, hitting the floor. She slowly pushed herself into a sitting position and looked at the scrathes she got from the tumble. Her one knee was bleeding ever so slightly.