Millennium07

Sillu ina Genii ~The Shade in the Spirit~

Gilgamesh bounded over and knelt down next to Ayame. "Are you alright, do you need any help?" He wasn't sure if any of her wounds were particularly bad, but he could always heal her if they were.

"C-can you help me up?" Ayame asked, looking up at him. "And the scratches hurt. W-we have to clean them."

"Not a problem" Gilgamesh picked the injured Ayame up into his arms and carried her through to the cottage. "Do you want me to heal them for you?" He asked, feeling worry and empathy. He'd never felt them for just one person before, only for the kingdom as a whole.

"No... I don't want to be healed. Just wiping them down will be good enough. Can you go dampen a cloth please?"

Gilgamesh faltered for a moment, taken aback by her refusal, before he nodded once and went to go get some cloth. Problem was, he'd never done this before, so he wasn't sure where to go looking for one. And so, without thinking about it, he tore off one of his sleeves and rolled it up, wetting it and then dashing back to Ayame, unsure of why he was so urgent.

"Did you rip your shirt?" Ayame said as she looked at him. She slowly took the damp cloth, pressing it to the cut, hissing due to the sting.

Gilgamesh nodded quickly. "Yeah, I... I did. Is there anything else I can do to help?" He asked.

The Dragon Phantasm grinned. This was an unforseen turn of events. Well, no it wasn't, he was clairvoyant. But it was a pleasant turn of events at the very least.

"Why so flustered, king?" Ayame asked as she finished brushing over the scrapes.

"I... I'm not sure" Gilgamesb admitted. "Hard to put into words, really. Normally when I get like this, it's because the kingdom is being threatened. Only... It isn't."

Ayame smiled slightly and lied back. "Why not ask what's living inside you what you're feeling."

"Phah! That censorkip.gif***? He's just as likely to lie to me to create an 'interesting reaction'. I can't trust him at all." Gilgamesh said, bending down at the bedside. "Is there anything else you need?"

Gilgamesh raised his eyebrows slightly in surprise. "Love? What about it?" He asked, not sure if she was getting at what he thought she was.

He thought that was what she meant. Bit what did that mean? Figuratively as in he loved his country? Or... "Perhaps I am..."