Millennium07

Sillu ina Genii ~The Shade in the Spirit~

'This makes sense... I think he has something like me inside him.'

"Kitsune, you really think so?"

'I'm positive. It's like our Senses of the Spirit. He might be dangerous. I do not know.'

"Well... We'll have to watch him. Maybe he doesn't even have anything." Ayame said, looking back at him. She got an idea and walked closer. "There's nothing you cannot do, eh? How about fight a woman?"

Gilgamesh looked at the woman and scoffed at her insolence before having to look back again. "What? You!"

It was the girl who had no taste! The blasphemous girl who had no faith in the form of her god-king! He grimaced. "I just devastated an entire kingdom's army and you want to know if I can beat a single woman? You must be mocking your mighty King!" He seemed to consider this for a moment. "But, seeing as I've just crushed our biggest rivals, I'll forgive you, if..." He drew himself a hair's distance away from her face, gazing into her eyes. "If you give me the pleasure of your company this evening."

"Gosh, I thought you said you could do anything. I mean you you are the god-king, are you not?" Ayame shook her head, tsking. She turned and walked away, but looked over to him. "Unless you want to make it a little more interesting, if you can win me then I'll spend a night with you, if I win, well, the thought of a woman winning against the god-king is good enough. Or are you just afraid to go up against me?" She asked. "And we don't have to fight until one is unconciouss, the winner is decided when both shoulders touch the ground. That's simple for you right? You just have to push me over."

Don't let her bait you, bro. Dragon's voice resounded in Gilgamesh's head. She's not even that pretty!

'She has denied me, Dragon. That makes her the most desirable thing in the world. The one thing I don't own' Gilgamesh thought back arrogantly. 'However, it is beneath the honour of a gentleman to fight a woman.' He mused in in his head.

Since when were you a gentleman?

'...Fair point. And I suppose honour does dictate I accept any challenges...'

He remained silent for a while.

"Very well. But be warned, I do not hold back. What shall I call you girl?" He said, boastfully.

Dragon mentally facepalmed.

"I told you my name yesterday." Ayame sighed.

"Come on, we fight outside." She added, looking at him. "It's Ayame by the way."

"You did?" Gilgamesh said with a confused look.

She did. Dragon replied lazily.

'Isn't it your job to tell me these things?' Gilgamesh thought back, angered.

No. It's my job to kill you. But you're far too amusing for that. Dragon replied matter-of-factly.

Gilgamesh followed her out, frowning. "This shoulde 't take long."

Ayame turned to him once they were outside.

"Just say when you're ready." She said.

'How are we going to win?' Kitsune asked.

'Easy, I don't want to destroy anything, so I'll go poke around his mind, you take over and I keep him distracted and you pin him.'

Gilgamesh's eyes began to glow a bright gold. "Ready." He said as five, ten, fifty, a hundred other Gilgameshs surrounded them. "They can hit you, but you can't them. Now..." He drew breath.

"En Garde!"

Ayame spun around, trying to pin point the real Gilgamesh. "Dammit."

'This is a problem, I don't know which is which. Maybe going up against him was a bad idea. Best try to keep out of reach.'

The different Gilgameshs where weaving in and out of Ayame's field of vision. They were getting ever closer.

He was toying with her.

Immediately, one sped forward and kicked her legs out from under her, grinning obnoxiously.

The same grin from the previous night.

Ayame used her elbows to keep her shoulders from touching the ground, having fallen on her behind.

"So you're the real one." She said as she got up again, getting ready to infiltrate his mind.

Her legs were once again knocked out from under her from behind. "Is he? Or am I" Both of them then knocked her arms out from under her as well, smirking.

Ayame almost yelled out of frustration when her shoulders touched the ground. "Fine. I stay true to my word, king." She said through clenched teeth

The king grinned. "As well you do." The duplicates disappeared. Gilgamesh bent down and offered a hand to the downed young woman.

Ayame took his hand pulled herself up. She look at Gilgamesh. "I take that you are happy about this."

Gilgamesh grinned "Of course!" He laughed heartily. "Come, let us enjoy the victory feast!" He said, leading her inside.

"I think I hit my head when you threw me down." Ayame said, noting how her head slightly hurt. "Yes... Let's enjoy a feast..."

The king paused. "I see." He said, turning around and waving his hand across Ayame's head, activating a healing power he'd once seen used. "Feel better?" He asked as he sat down at the head if the long table, gesturing to the seat of the King's favor beside him.

"U-uhm... Yes. Thank you." Ayame said, touching the back of her head. She wasn't entusiastic when she sat down next to Gilgamesh.

The king nodded, smiling broardly as he began to talk to one of his generals for a little while, before turning his focus back onto the girl at his side. "So, what is it that you do all day? Are you married yet?"

Ayame looked over at Gilgamesh. "I do everything that needs to be done on my own, because I am not married. Why do you want to know?"

Gilgamesh just shrugged. "I was just curious. The lives of common folk always seems so odd compared to that of the divine."

"Maybe you should try living like a commoner. Then you'll notice it it not all fun and games." Ayame said with a bitter tone.

The Dragon Phantasm laughed. She's got you there, my friend.

Gilgamesh growled irritably in his head. "I am too beautiful for that. I would be recognised instantly." He boasted, giving a hair flip as if to punctuate his statement.

"I've seen others more beautiful than you." Ayame said. "This is why I denied you yesterday, you think too much of yourself."