Millennium07

Sillu ina Genii ~The Shade in the Spirit~

Gilgamesh frowned "Those lazy bums! They do a fraction of your get and get paid handsomely. And then have the gall to complain! You deserve a huge reward!"

"No, I don't deserve a reward. It's what I learned from my mother. The cabin has many rooms and she always welcomed weary travellers in. She provided them with something to eat and a place to spend the night, they didn't need to pay. I grew up meeting new people almost every day, helping my mother. She died after falling horribly ill, but I continued with what she was doing. There are less travelers these days because of the wars, they are afraid of getting caught in the crossfire."

Gilgamesh sombred somewhat at the mention of wars. "I'm thankful for Dragon's power because of that. Thanks to my mystic eyes I can protect this place." He paused. "Your mother sounds like a good person"

"She was a good person. She didn't deserve to die, but bad things happen to good people." Ayame said.

Gilgamesh nodded "Such is the way of this mortal coil" he said wistfully. You almost had to wonder if his arrogance were partially an act, the way he could be so morose at times.

((Notice how he sounds a little like Unfenschiet?))

"Yes..." Ayame said, her tone filled with remorse. "Oh, after you've gutted the deer, I want you to cut off a big piece of meat off of the bones. Please."

Gilgamesh nodded "Sure thing"

Once they'd returned, it took him about half an hour to have the work done, wherein he entered the cottage slowly, never having been in such a small building. "The work is done!"

Ayame smiled, having started a fire to cook the stew over. "Things are going faster with you around. Maybe I should call in the favour of the king more often. Thank you so much, I'll start on dinner now."

"Call me your subject again and I'll stab you." Ayame said as she cut the meat into smaller pieces along with a few root vegetables. She added them to the boiling water in the pot.

"That's mostly because I didn't throw myself at you like all the other women in the kingdom." Ayame scoweled.

(Hi hun smile.gif )

Ayame turned and looked at Gilgamesh, letting out a sigh. "Keep telling yourself that."

((Hey baby <3))

Gilgamesh leant against the wall. "What's Kitsune like?" He asked, thinking back on Dragon bringing him up to speed on the Kitsune Phantasm while he was gutting.

"Kitsune...?" Ayame turned to Gilgamesh, giving him a cold look. "What does it matter to you?"

"I do not care what you have to say about that which lives in me." Ayame snapped.

Gilgamesh flinched slightly, before sighing and turning around. "I'm heading out for some air" he said, exiting the house and gazing up at the stars.

Since when did the mighty Gilgamesh care about the opinions of a woman?

"Shut up, Dragon." Gilgamesh replied irratably.

Edited by Millennium07

Ayame sighed and sat down, closing her eyes. She was tired and didn't want her personal space, which the king succeeded in doing.

Gilgamesh looked up at the stars, pondering the mysteries of life. Who was that boy he saw in his vision? Why did he have the Eyes of Babylon? This just didn't make sense...

Ayame walked outside after awhile. "Come on in, dinner is ready and I don't want you running off somewhere hell knows where, getting lost and hurt on my watch." She said.

"Nothing can hurt me..." Gilgamesh muttered before turning to Ayame and nodding, following her inside and drinking in the scent of her work. "It smells... Different. Odd... It smells...comforting." He admitted, looking around.