Millennium07

Sillu ina Genii ~The Shade in the Spirit~

"The wood isn't faulty. You're not doing it right." Ayame walked over and showed him how to hold the hatchet. "Remember, don't use brute strenght."

This was all very strange. The mere prospect that he wasn't perfect exasperated the king. Could he even do things wrong? Yesterday, he'd have thought that it was blasphemy, but now? He wasn't so sure, anymore. He tried again and failed. And again. And again. Before eventually, he finally succeeded. "Hey! I did it!" He said with may more pride then you would expect for such a menial task.

Ayame clapped her hands. "That's great. Finish up the pile, I'll be right back. I have to gather the things for what I'm going to teach you next."

It didn't take Gilgamesh long to complete the task. It seemed that once he'd learned something, he became rather good at it quickly. "Done!" He said with the same pride as a child who just learned how to play a new game.

Ayame came back out. "That's good to hear. Now that we have wood for fire we need something to cook. So it's time you learn how to hunt. It's best to go for a hare because then you don't waste any meat. But I guess we can hunt deer this time, seeing as you're here." She said, holding a bow out to him.

His eyes glowed gold, as Gilgamesh led the way into the forest. "This way!!" He called with a grin, turning into a forest clearing.

"Don't be so down, by the end of the week you'll be the best King there ever was." Ayame smiled as she took each step carefully. She looked into the clearing, seeing the deer. "We don't want the animal to suffer, so aim for the neck. See the doe at the edge to your right. We're aiming for her." She explained as she took and arrow, drawing it back, aiming for the neck.

Gilgamesh nodded and knocked an arrow to his bow and fired it swiftly. This was quickly followed by two more. He looked like a different person. So calm, concentrated and reserved. No hint of arrogance in him.

'I like him this way, Ayame. He's much better when he doesn't open his mouth.' Kitsune said, but Ayame didn't pay attention to her. "You're good when it comes to weapons. We can get closer now, the other deer are gone."

Gilgamesh grinned cheerfully, and picked up his pace. This wasn't so bad actually. Beat lounging on a throne all day.

"How are you liking it out of the castle and out in the sun actually doing something."

"That's great to hear. Now we have to get the deer back to the cabin, it's why I told you to shoot the smaller one." Ayame smiled. "I think I should make you a hearty stew."

Gilgamesh effortlessly threw the doe over his shoulder and began walking back. "I look forward to seeing how dinner here differs to what I'm used to. I'm enjoying them so far..."

"See, the royal life can't hold a candle to when you work hard for everything." Ayame said, walking close to Gil. "We're going to have to gutt the doe, not a fan of doing that."

Gilgamesh laughed. "And yet people always tell me I have a perfect life!!" He grinned. "I'll handle that for you, if you want."

Ayame looked over to him, giving him a warm, genuine smile. "I would appreciate that, thank you."

"That's known as hospitality. I think it's not something you show to others, your servants do that, the ones that cook, those who greet guests, the ones that clean. I do what all those servants do, all on my own." Ayame said.