Fortune86

PLEASE CLOSE ~ DEAD

Elise observed his work calmly, Genra tensed next to her in the case that something went wrong. The boy and his Fiend were connected, that was for sure. They worked seamlessly in the physical sense, and their technique of herding worked well with the small monsters. It was clever. Unfortunately, their magic attack didn't go quite right. Genra leapt forward as the boy fell, bounding to the edge. Leaning down, he grasped his neck with strong jaws, careful not to pierce his neck as he hauled him up halfway, then took hold of his shirt to pull him out fully. The cat sat on his haunches, observing the boy as Elise walked over. "Well done. That was quite good until now," she said honestly, offering him a hand to stand up.

~~~

Diana waited for the two students to wake up and dismount. She looked at them for a moment, before fiddling with the edge of her chin. "I am not angry with either of you," she finally said, letting them suffer for a few seconds more. Her gaze turned to the girl. "However, what you did was stupid. No ifs or buts about it. You cannot just go ahead and hug anything! What if there was a monster like his Fiend, and you hugged it? This is not a quality we can have in proper Summoners. If I see you hug any Fiend other than your own or a strange animal monster, I will have to punish you. It's for your own good," she finished off, looking at the girl quite seriously. "Now, you can return to your lesson. It's just down the path and through where you went earlier.

Diana looked to Helios then. What was she going to do with him? She pouted for a few seconds before coming to an idea. "Helios, I... I think we're going to have to work out something different for you," she said tentatively. "I know that you won't like the sound of something like this, but we need to make sure your Fiend is safe. Will you work with me to do this?" She wanted the boy to succeed; possibly more so than any of her previous students. And she was quite willing to do something like this. I'll pay you back for everything, Ceil.

Edited by Chicogal

His heart was still pounding when Elise came over to help him back up, and through deep gasps he smiled and thanked her, "Thanks. It was just a matter of getting them all in a place where Koishii could get at their throats. If I had a knife we could've been done sooner." Then he took her hand to get himself back up on his feet, just as Koishii came dashing up to him barking frantically. In a split second she had leaped into his arms with her tail wagging and her round head nuzzling into his shoulder. Apparently she had been just as distraught seeing U.T dangling off a ledge. The young summoner stoked her back and looked down to the two Pecktus, angrily trying to get out of the fissure but not being able to reach high enough. "We don't need to finish 'em off, do we? They aren't a harm to anyone where they are."

Maybe U.T was a little too gentle. He knew the monster's purpose was to destroy all humans and there was no reasoning with them, but he didn't feel that it meant humans had to be equally as destructive. They weren't an imminent danger right now, so maybe it would be good to box them back up for another time.

Helios remained staring down at the floor while Diana spoke to him. He felt like she was wasting her time. Cerberus was mental. What if he just kept causing trouble? What if he just kept attacking people? Or worse, killed someone?

The thought caused a chill to run down his spine. Cerberus was too dangerous. He doubted even Diana could change that.

"What do you have in mind" Helios asked sullenly, not believing that anything she could say would work.

Elise looked at the monsters struggling. She opened her mouth to say that they were meant to kill them, but his final words made more sense. U.T had basically defeated them, and they didn't need to be killed if they could be used again. "We can see what Bastian says when the rest are done," she said mildly. "Or you could take them out by using some Earth magic, then practise some more magic." Perhaps he was too soft to hurt them when there was no true need to.

~~~

Diana shrugged. She hadn't completely thought that part out yet. "I think we'll have to desensitise him," she thought aloud. "It might be the case where we actually have to have him get used to every person and Fiend here." She looked at him thoughtfully. "If you have any better ideas, I'd like to hear them."

So Diana didn't have a plan then. That probably meant he was the first ever student to lose control of his Fiend so badly. This did little to help Helios' mood. When Diana asked if he had any ideas he sighed with exasperation. Like he knew.

"I should just go home. I can't do this. I should just leave before any one gets hurt too badly."

Diana frowned at him, rocking slightly on her heels. She shook her head firmly. "No. I'm not going to let you go home over something like this, which will probably be able to be resolved. You have potential to be a Healer who can properly help out in battle instead of being forced to stand on the sidelines." The plan in her mind seemed quite good, actually. May as well give it a try. "Let's try what I said," she said, walking down toward the training areas again. Rain gave him an encouraging nudge in the back and nickered.

Bastian was sitting cross legs on the now empty crate, watching the students closely. There were still plenty uncertain of themselves but he and Diana will help them to trust their fiends.

“Meaghan don’t get to cocky. They might be weak against you but you’re using a lot of energy for a new comer which would tire you out and give them the advantage.”

His attention then turned to the rest some were mainly using physical attacks and those who did magic failed half and half.

“Remember monsters can’t be killed by human or a human weapon. Only a fiend can kill them.”

~~

Bella nodded at Diana and left the room. Once again a small tear ran down her cheek realizing that she could not be herself here either. Sighing she allowed her feet to walk back to the training area. As she entered Bella only stayed near the wall away from the action. She saw no reason to partake in the current lesson anymore.

Edited by DragonSpirit009

((Spirit, I believe they are outside. xd.png Diana would see her go inside. I'm sorry; I didn't make it very clear. D:))

Edited by Chicogal

((They had to go to the infirmary which is inside right?

Thus when Diana dismissed her and paid attention to Helios she could have easily turned to the library without her knowing.))

After the small practice that Warren had set up for Nimlos, her fiend Khelek came out around them and started circling the Pecktuses. He watched curiously as the monsters immediately shifted their focus on the other wolf from Zephyr and Warren, instead opting to try and attack a target that circled them with immense speed. He was wondering what to do now as Khelek ran around the pack, but soon it came to him as to what he should do. With a quick talk through their thoughts, Zephyr jumped forward and moving very quickly at the group. They were tightly clumped together, and with that Zephyr would easily clear some of them off and split the rest. The powerful gusts of wind appeared yet again around the form of the wolf and turned into huge arrow-shaped heads which, upon contacting the mass of Pecktus, immediately sliced half of them into nothing and pushed off the remainder with a ton of cuts. Now, there were only two other monsters, and one was near Khelek and Nimlos, while the other was near Warren and Zephyr.

"Okay, let's try something simple for now. You'll need to get used to magic and simple commands quite quickly because of many reasons, so we might as well use something simple. Now, your fiend was ice-elemented..." Warren said, placing a hand on his chin to think of a simple ice spell.

"Oh! I know. Look at this." He spoke out and gestured to Zephyr with a mimick by his face. The wolf nodded quickly before turning to the lone, wounded Pecktus. Then, it started running at it, and as it approached, powerful waves of wind blasted from under it's feet. Without warning, it jumped up into the air, and landed with it's two front legs right on the Pecktus. At first, the monster turned into a circle around the form of Zephyr thanks to the weak wind, but then it was torn apart by the powerful backblast of the ability.

"This is a simple ability that you can try to learn - Elemental Touch. It usually concentrates the power of your ability in a specific part of your monster, after which upon contact with a monster or maybe a specified piece of ground - hell, even a person, if it's a light fiend - it applies some of the element in forms of novas or a piercing burst of power. In my case, it threw wind blades and huge blasts of air through the jelly. In yours, it should create a set of spikes in a circle that pierce through the monster. Try it out on that last Pecktus," Warren said and crossed his arms, intrigued in what the attack would look like.

He looked down at the monsters, pitifully writhing around at the bottom of the pit. No, it didn't feel right to use magic when they were trapped like that. "I don't see the point... they're fish in a barrel. Given, they're piranhas, but it must take a lot to catch 'em and put 'em in boxes. That's two expensive training dummies down in that pit." He continued to stare at them, fascinated. This was his first time he'd ever seen a monster capable of killing him. The way they moved, the noises they were making... U.T took everything into account. These things were obviously the bottom of the barrel in terms of monsters. They couldn't catch a three-legged goat, they were so slow. Add that on the ugly noises they made, their dull wits, their cumbersome tentacles... How long did these things live? What did they eat? Could they reproduce? On a farm, wits played a bigger role than farms were given credit. There was accounting, knowing what animals to breed and which ones to cull, quick herding decisions, all of these required sharp wits. Monsters were just a kind of animal, an aggressive animal but still an animal. The best way to know how to herd an animal was to understand the beast you were moving.

His brain went off on a tangent for a moment and he wondered what they would taste like barbequed. But he was snapped back into it when he realized the Pecktus lost interest in trying to escape and rested, curling their tentacles around themselves. Silently, U.T slowly walked to another end of the pit. No response from the monsters. He then ran back to his place near Elise, and the Pecktus fired back up, scrambling for a useless hold on the steep drop. "Look at that! Do you think they look for movement or sound?"

((No, the nurse ran to the door leading to outside, where Rain was waiting (outside.).

No matter. Leave it as is.)))

((I'll change it for you Chico... I really don't mind, thou I can only do that tomorrow))

((Rarek??))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One of the water jets that Rayanard had dodged hit Kasper squarely in the back, causing him to go flying forwards, Oz wrapped up in his arms as he clung on to his minuscule fiend. It was an instinctual action; grabbing the frightened fiend and using his own body to protect him. The outcome was the same regardless who got hit... but why not protect the one that was frightened?

Oz looked up at his summoner, pain and discomfort present on his face as Kasper kneeled over him, still shielding him with his body. "You.. alright..?" grumbled Kasper, finding it hard to speak as the force of the impact knocked the wind out of him.

A surge of energy was building up inside Oz, his red eyes beginning to glow as he came to the realization of Kasper's actions. He was suppose to be the protector in this partnership... yet he was the one being protected and because of that his summoner was in pain. With his eyes now emanating a crimson red hue, Oz stood up, pushing Kasper aside much to his surprise. There was only one other time he had seen Oz act in such away... and it did not end too well.

The puddles of water left over from the pektus's attacks all began to converge around Oz, pooling together to combine a large puddle which seemed to crawl up Oz's body. Kasper struggled to move out the way as he watched a large water like amoeba form around Oz. Kasper had seen this once before, a large fish like body of water which surrounded Oz, acting as a sort of armor...

With the puddles only providing a limited amount of water, Oz's armor only grew to be about the height of a large oak tree and as thick as a truck. Raising an arm up, the water like body armor mimicked the movements, before being smashed down into the ground.

Against a water monster; this attack was pretty ineffective... but it did not mean the other students were out of harms way... and Kasper noticed this. He

tried to desummon Oz.. but found that he couldn't.. he usual methods proving inneffective as his fiend continued to smash the earth, sending wave after wave of water towards everyone.

He turned around.. looking to get the teachers attention.. to get their help.. but all he saw was a large fist.. before darkness. Passed out... Oz could no longer remain in existence and dissolved into the water. The water however kept its shape.. frozen into a large Ice sculpture.

((If you are unsure as to what I mean, if your a Naruto fan and up to date with the anime/manga.. its like Naruto in fox mode/Hozuki in demon fish mode or Susanoo. Here is an image anyway: On the right side.. replace Suigetsu's body with Oz tongue.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ariuz sprung into action as he sensed an attack. Using his tail, he wrapped it around Zen and took to the skies, just before a large water like hand crashed into the ground. In the air, Ariuz uncoilced his tail, dropping Zen, before circled back and catching him. Zen landing on the spine of Ariuz who went down low and flew across the ground

Zen stood along Ariuz's back as they raced towards the idiot and his juvenile fiend.... it was idi0ts like this that downright aggravated him... if they were going to be nothing but burdens and jeopardize his own ambitions... then they might as well get lost. Even though they were not the initial target of Zen and Ariuz's rage, the pektus's unfortunate enough to be in the way where not spared, as the ice covered wings of Ariuz sliced through various parts of their body like a sharpened blade... either leaving the body fully decapitated... or with half of their body now lifeless on the ground. Upon reaching the pair, Zen jumped, landing on the ground a few yards away from Kasper.

Already angered by today's events, Zen clenched his fists causing the bones to click before punching the boy square in the face, causing him to pass out.

Ariuz pierced the body of water, entering through its chest where the heart would have been located and exiting through the back, like a bullet that had gone straight through. With his impeccable timing and coordination with his summoner, he managed to insta-freeze the large body of water mere seconds after the idi0ts fiend vanished. Leaving a large ice like statue of a fish like creature in place.

Zen merely stood over the unconscious body of Kasper, looking down at the boy with nothing but anger in his face.

Nimlos watched carefully what Warren and Zephyr had done and it didn't seem that hard... At least to them. But she would give a try. Nimlos nodded to Warren and called Khelek to her side before asked him to use his Elemental Touch.

"Go on." she said and Khelek started running towards the last Pectus, which was recovering from the wind blast. Khelek increased his speed and then suddenly his forepaws touched the jelly being and he jumped over the Pectus. A ring of ice shards erupted from the spot and grew into all directions for a second or two, freezing the Pectus into a icy prison. Then Khelek trotted back to the frozen monster and touched the ice. It burst into a thousand pieces that soon started melting in the sun.

"Wo-hooo!" Nimlos cheered. Her, or actually Khelek's, first magic attack! Khelek seemed to be really pleased with himself, waving his tail as he trotted back to Nimlos.

((Sorry Drow! I'll post now, I've been finding very little time lately for multiple RPs.))

Meaghan could hardly believe it when Zen remained unimpressed with her work, doubly so when Bastian scolded her for being cocky. Are you all serious? I'm not even tired yet! All of Meaghan's shy demeanor that had plagued her coming into the school vanished at that moment, rage settling into its place. I'll show them! I'll show them all! Meaghan's raw fury seemed to have an effect on Tarlin too, whose demeanor until then was relatively approachable despite his primal exterior. Now, he stood next to his summoner, the epitome of savage beasts, ready to tear limb from limb.

She barely batted an eye as Zen took down Kasper's rampaging fiend, resuming her position on Tarlin's back. Her eyes narrowed to hostile slits as she focused on a large group of pectuses. Meaghan even began to growl along with Tarlin. Finally, she gave the order to her fiend.

"Tear them apart Tarlin. No survivors, no mercy." The sabre tooth needed no further instruction. It leapt forward, letting out a thunderous roar that could be heard across the clearing. It descended on the first pectus, vaporizing it instantly with his sharp claws, another one falling prey to the paw itself coming crashing down on its fragile body. Meaghan guided Tarlin through her mental link, scorching each pectus to a fine ash as a trail of destruction opened up in front of them.

"Enough! Let me handle the rest!" Meaghan somersaulted off Tarlin's back, directly in front of him as her long pigtails followed her path through the air. Landing as softly as a housecat, she held her fists in the air, ready to take them down. It looked ridiculous to the average observer until Tarlin opened his mouth wide and sent a lightning bolt straight into Meaghan's body. With the speed of a cat, she punched the air in the direction of a pectus, which redirected Tarlin's bolt straight into it. She did it again as she sent a flying kick into the air, a pectus vaporizing under the new redirected bolt. Her cries of battle rang out across the clearing as bolt after bolt struck home with precision accuracy.

Finally, Meaghan flew into the air and came back down, her fist impacting the ground just as one last lightning strike connected from Tarlin's arsenal. The bolt spread along the ground like a wave, electrocuting six pectuses in one final blast. In total, twenty-nine pectuses fell victim in a matter of minutes to Meaghan's fury. The girl stood there, eyes glaring at the corpses, chest heaving from effort. A smile spread across her face. Destroying these monsters felt good. Satisfying even. Right then she didn't care if someone yelled at her, she could take down another thirty and enjoy it all. What a rush! What a thrill!

Zen stood over the unconcious body of Kasper and watched as his partner went on a rampage... first relying on Tarlin.. then jumping in herself to finish off the rest.

Though flashy... her actions remained unimpressive... at least to Zen. He saw no reason for her to take the main role and redirect Tarlins bolts of attack... in fact.. it made little sense. Lightning itself already traveled in a linear direction, it never curved or arced... to use one's self as a conduit and redirect attacks would have only made sense when up against a monster of high enough speed and agility... both of which were not the Pektus's forte. It was a slow.. clumsy monster... the equivalent of a rodent in the monster society and one of the best monsters for beginners to test their stuff on. Tarlin could have handled the monsters alone by simply shooting the bolts directly at them... it would have been faster and it would have saved Meaghan the energy.

Zen began walking towards her, clapping his hand sarcastically. "Are you proud of yourself?" he inquired. "You've just spent twice the amount of energy needed to kill these weak excuses for a monster.." he spoke coldly. "Had this monster been something actually challenging... then you would most likely have died" his expression remained neutral.

"I can't believe I am being forced to partner such an amateur.." he spoke to himself.

Her eyes narrowed as Zen ridiculed her again. Maybe this partnership wasn't as good an idea as she thought initially. Although this boy had the skills she thought she could learn from, he was likely doing this on purpose. She stood up abruptly, unbelievable amounts of rage coursing through her, turning swiftly around as she plodded back to her fiend. The worst part was, despite having supposedly spent so much energy, she felt like she had energy to kill.

She was so blinded by fury that she failed to notice the profound effects it put on her fiend. Tarlin was snarling ferociously, as though completely feral and uncontrolled. It was obvious that there was a deep connection between the two, and also showed just how angry Meaghan really was.

But, it was when Meaghan herself decided to release her rage on the trunk of a tree, yelling and slamming her fist into it that things took a turn for the uncontrolled. Despite showing considerable prowess as a beginner, showing a natural bond that may very well be a gift to a summoner, Meaghan was still a beginner. It was at that moment that she lost control of her anger that Tarlin did too. But instead of taking it out harmlessly on a tree, it went straight for the thing causing his summoner's pain: Zen.

The sabre tooth roared as it bounded forward, a huge mass of muscle and power. Meaghan's thoughts were blindly moving from one raged thought to another, confusing the poor fiend to do something to end what he believed was her suffering. It took a giant leap into the air, electricity sparking around its claws and teeth, flying dangerously towards Zen and Ariuz. It was quite clear that this wasn't intended by Meaghan, but nonetheless, the thousand pound cat was still hurtling earthward towards Zen at breakneck speed, threatening to crush them both.

"Tsk.." clicked Zen, as he watched Meaghan lose control of her fiend. "Ariuz.. floor" muttered Zen. Understanding the command, Ariuz positioned himself infront of Zen, placing his own body in between the approaching fiend and his summoner and began to raise his body upwards like a cobra, arching his back.

Ariuz opened his mouth, revealing a sky blue orb of energy, which fluctuated as it grew in size. Even in this state, particles of snow began to appear in the air around it, these icy fragments making their way towards the ground and piling up.

The orb shot uto of his mouth, followed by several others, all heading towards the feline like fiend, however none of them aimed directly at it. Instead these orbs made contact with the ground, covering the earth in a layer of slippery ice. In an instance, yards of earth had been frozen over. At his speed, Tarlin would struggle to run in a straight direction once on the ice.

However... Zen was not just gonna leave it at that. "To the sky" he ordered and in an instance Ariuz's wings spread out on both sides as he flapped to get airborne.

Tarlin roared as he lost his balance on the ice, but his quick thinking saved him a fall. Overcharging his claws, the heat from the sparking electricity turned a lot of the ice underfoot into steam, giving him a semi-decent footing. Although his lunges were clumsy on ice, they were still effective at moving him forwards.

As the summoner and fiend took to the sky, Tarlin wasn't finished with them. He built up a charge in his jaws and intentionally threw a bolt of lightning skyward, above them and directly into the path the pair was taking into the air. Ariuz would need a very agile maneuver to avoid being scorched by running into the bolt.

Edited by Rarek

They were now several stories high, above the tree line when a bolt of lightning tore through from below heading towards their general direction. Noting this, Zen relayed his orders to Ariuz before taking action. Zen placed a hand over the spot in his chest where the crystal would have been, closing his eyes before jumping off Ariuz's back into thin air and began to free fall.

Ariuz continued forward, his body slowly disappearing as he was de-summoned. The lighting tore through the spot where Ariuz would have been had he still been in existence. However the timing was just right that he had disappeared before the attack hit.

"Venite" whispered Zen, still clasping his chest. A cold blue light appeared before him as Ariuz returned, his body parallel to Zen as they plummeted earthward. De-summoning and re-summoning in a matter of seconds was never easy... in fact.. it drained a hefty amount of energy and was a maneuver to be used sparingly.

Reaching out, Zen grabbed onto Ariuz and clung to the spike. With their bodies streamlined, Ariuz arched out and used the momentum of the fall to increase his speed as they flew just above the ground towards Tarlin.

AS they closed in on Tarlin, Zen released his grip and barrel rolled on to the ground, sliding across the ice until he came to a standstill. Ariuz on the other hand, snaked across the ice at a rapid pace before coiling around the body of Tarlin and constricting him. With full knowledge that Tarlin was a lightning fiend, Ariuz pierced the ground with his tail, giving any electrical current a pathway into the earth and simultaneously sunk his fangs into the cats neck, ready to penetrate his bloodstream with his icy venom.

Brushing himself off, Zen picked himself up and glared at Meaghan. "De-summon your fiend... unless you want me to take this any further... all it will take is a simple command before Ariuz releases his venom...."

Meaghan was barely aware of what her fiend was doing under her misguided control until she felt a stab of pain coursing through her neck. She became painfully aware of the attack that Ariuz had unleashed on her fiend, and came to realize that she could feel everything he did. Even though there was no venom released, the spot still screamed with pain, and the roars of Tarlin made that apparent. Meaghan sank to her knees, fighting the tears of pain back.

"Criya," she whispered, and the huge cat dissolved into light, flying back into Meaghan's chest. When Tarlin had disappeared entirely, so did most of the pain, and Meaghan fell from her knees to all fours, panting heavily. Never had she felt searing pain like that before.

Elise looked across at the boy. He was rather eager about everything, wasn't he? She frowned. Although, knowledge like that could actually come in quite handy when battling a monster. "You can investigate if you want; I'm not holding you back. Personally, I don't think it really matters with these. I guess it's good to know against stronger monsters, though," she said bluntly.

((Can the students who are still fighting monsters finish them off please. I'll make a Bastian post tomorrow.))