Quackerz

Our war, their burden.

"We don't know that. So, if a group of humans accompany me, they have to stop a distance from the village and let me go in first. Once I've reassured them, they can come in without the villagers attacking them." He stared at Sonata." You seem to have a hatred against my kind. If I did anything to offend you, I'm sorry." He sighed. The humans were still suspicious of him. It's only natural. Our races have always fought. He thought. Edited by Melomancer

The Wisewoman waited for Sonata's response before she would accept Nar's offer. Interesting that she and her dragon friends would come here, talking of unification among the races to fight against the greater evil...yet she does, indeed, seem to have a hatred for the Orcs... the older woman though to herself, her eyes watching Sonata's every move, every breath. The girl seemed taken aback by the Orc's directness and apology. Even Elana herself was surprised that the Orc had apologized for something he didn't even seem to have done. Maybe the Orcs were not as hostile or violent as they had been led to believe in the past?

Sonata inhaled sharply, taken by surprise at the blunt question and seemingly sincere apology. The Orcs that haunted her dreams would never have had a calm, quiet discussion, much less apologized for anything. "I...I --" she stammered, blinking in confusion, not sure what to say. "No, it's not...It's not you. I just..." She fell silent, tears suddenly clogging her throat. Had she wrongfully judged Orcs? This one seemed intelligent and calm, not a creature bent on mass destruction and pillaging, as the others she had seen before had been. "I'm sorry," she choked out, and her hand flew to her mouth as she tried to hold back tears of shame.

The warm little body of Astras firmed against her leg as he stood once more, and said softly, "Her family was killed and her villaged razed by a tribe of Orcs, many years ago. And just a few days ago, just before I hatched, we were attacked by two wandering Orcs, and Sonata was wounded." He peered up at Sonata as a tear fell from her eyes, down onto the top of his head. "She has learned to hate your kind, but...I think she is learning now that not all Orcs are like those who did her wrong in the past."

There was a silence, and the Wisewoman Elana stepped forward. "Well...If you think you can conduct my people safely, we will aid you in gathering the items you will need - food, water, weapons....and perhaps you can help us ready our peace-treaty party as well. It may take a couple of days before all is settled; we haven't had enough time to gather people who would be willing to go, or who would be best to handle a situation like this." The older woman bowed her head once, a sign of respect, then turned and left, murmuring to herself about the plans she needed to make.

((Haven't slept well since before I got bopped in the head...gonna try to go to sleep now, see if I can't get a few hours of shuteye. G'night~))

Edited by Katzyn

Caecilius growled a bit angrily as his concentration was broken by Eidolus' talking and the color of the chains returned to normal, "Simply put, I don't know if we can touch the bones. On one hand you can throw a pebble at it too and if the bones are protected, it'll blow to bits too. If not the bones might not react well and will simply collapse." Caecilius snapped, "And while it's true we only need a simple piece, I'd rather have the entire thing to work with. As there is the possibility it can make the spell easier. Now if your done talking, I need to concentrate!" Caecilius finished, closing his eyes once again as he concentrated... The chains turning yellow again and radiating brilliantly as smoke seemed to come off the chains.

As more smoke rapidly came off the chains they began to snap after the other, sending their metal links flying everywhere hitting the walls and bouncing onto the floors with loud clangs. The skeleton that had been held in the air immediately began to come down, but was caught by Grenack to prevent it from actually hitting the ground, but rather landing softly on it's feet. The skeleton still seemed to hold together very well, not like it wanted to fall apart or break. The crack on the skull could be seen more clearly now, it looked as though it had briefly started to heal over before Kievo died, likely one of the wounds inflicted during their fight.

--------------

As Drago flew he remained relatively close to the ground rather than flying up high, looking from side to side as he flew he scouted the area for anything to eat. Preferably a moose, they had always been his favorite food. But he would settle for just about anything considering the circumstances.

Enya looked at the orc then at Sonata again, now understanding why the girl was so nervous. "Well, that explains it." she mumbled in a quiet voice, now that she was aware of Sonata's dislike of orcs and her bad past with them. It reminded her of her own bad past with dragons, how they slaughtered many of her friends, hundreds of thousands of her kin and how she basically lost everything thanks to them... the mage clenched her fist angered by those memories. If it weren't for the fact she had a fairly good grip on her emotions, she'd have tried to kill Drago and Astras the moment she had met with them. Enya quickly snapped out of it and looked at Sonata, letting out a sigh and said, "I understand how you feel. I know it's hard, but try to not let your grudges and feelings get in the way like that. And..." The sorceress suddenly stopped and grumbled silently to herself. She was terrible in dealing with people or consoling them. Enya took out one of the water bottles she had with her and offered it to Sonata. "I'm sorry. Here, drink some water. It'll help you calm down."

Sonata thanked her softly and took a deep swig of the cool water. It helped; both the water and the fact that someone understood. Plus, the fact that Enya was a female also helped; she wasn't sure how, exactly, but she remembered her Momma always rolling her eyes when her father and brother weren't understanding or agreeing with her, and say, "Boys." But she did find comfort in the fact that the Mage want yelling at her or thinking she was being ridiculous.

Taking a deep breath, she looked Nar full in the face and bowed her head once in apology. "I'm sorry if I offended you." She tried a small smile. "It's not you, it's me. I guess I have a bit of a demon following me."

Astras rubbed his body against her leg. "You'll have to get rid of it, if we're to gather the races and fight against Kievo's followers, Sonata."

She reached down and petted his smooth head. "I know you're right. I'll do my best."

((Sorry, no color :<))

Feeling a bit guilty, Eidolus softly muttered an apology to Caecillius:"I'm sorry.." She walked closer to the corpse and looked closely at it.

Nar stayed silent, watching the girl speak. Before finally opening his mouth to speak."It's fine. I don't blame you for holding a grudge." He turned back to the Wise-woman." No problem, I can wait as long as you need to get ready. There's no rush." He smiled reassuringly. He left the Tent after her. He was hungry and wanted to enjoy some good food. He looked around for a tavern in the town.

Edited by Melomancer

Lou blinked several times and looked around. She was starting to get hungry now. She wondered if there was anything around here she could eat. Something that was sweet. Or sour... Or sweet and sour.

Cloud look at Dahlia. "It the only change you got of walking again or fighting again." Cloud said as he started to head for the town. "Now come we have to make it there before night fall, before everything comes out to hunt." Cloud turn around and look at lou, who he guess was hungry from the fight. "After we all get something to eat."

((Sorry for not replying as often as I used to. I'm being suffocated by school right now.))

Dahlia sighed and nodded, accepting that they'd have to risk heading to that town if she wanted to have a chance at walking again. "Fine. If only I had my legs working, I could help you hunt." the human girl groaned to herself and looked at Ingrid, who was now approaching them. Could they trust her, after all?

=========================

Enya looked at Sonata as she apologized to the orc and smiled. "Overcoming your grudges and fears certainly isn't an easy task. But as Astras said, it's something you'll have to do, and I'm sure you'll defeat your demons." the mage said. While she had her own demons - and absolutely nasty ones at it, she had long learned how to simply suppress them in order to work towards whatever goal she may have at the time.

Caecilius turned his attention to Grenack and Krevkant, "Kievo is ours. We must return to the tower." he stated blatantly, picking up the stone tablet that he had previously sat on the ground. He had already memorized it's contents in the event that the tablet would become broken, though it was something he would prefer to not have to remember if he could help it. Krevkant and Grenack stepped forward, carefully proceeding to pick up the skeleton. Though they feared it would merely crumble, it remained in perfect condition. Not even the tail or neck moved.

While Caecilius moved out of their way, Bielgrath began to lead the way out of the tunnel. In the event anyone would come through and attack them, he would allow them nowhere near their lord.

The tomb that had held Kievo now began to glow a bright blue once his skeleton had been removed, but the color quickly faded.

--------------

With a loud roar Drago suddenly fell from the sky, his short distance from the ground caused him to immediately crash down onto it. He immediately started trying to get up again as his wings and tail flailed, skidding forward across the ground he began to close his now blue eyes, he began to tumble a bit before catching himself, standing quickly he began to swing his tail around, hitting and taking out numerous dead trees. But also injuring his tail, which now heavily bled. He spread his wings wide open and began to beat them, out of sync.

--------------

Talikia had fled the northern lands, now she flew high above the plains in the west. "Grr... If only I could tell what memories Caecilius was able to see. Regardless, I have no choice to call upon more dragons to face them on the chance my mind slipped." she said to herself, when the same thing began to happen to her as had happened to Drago. Roaring as she started to fall and tumble through the air, "No...No... No...!" she cried out a she struggled to regain control of herself, forcing her wings to open back up just before she could slam into the ground, gliding away a bit before her wings seemed to give out, causing her to drop straight down.

She began to flail her limbs and tail in all directions, struggling with all her strength to regain control.

--------------

As Velsor sat alone in his cave he slowly began to raise his head, twisting his head sharply to the side and gritting his teeth as though he was in pain, his eyes also began to turn blue.

"What...? What is this unbearable...pain? No...It couldn't be..." Velsor said to himself, his tail began to swing from side to side as though it was trying to flail, the muscles in his wings clearly tense as he barely kept his control over them. "How could they succeed...? I don't... Understand!" he continued, beginning to stand as the pain was now clear in his voice.

...It seems as though the traitor generals, were all linked to the seal itself...

Edited by Sean175

Had Almas not been in the presence of Kievo's remnants and his loyal generals, she would've said some rather quaint things about Eidolus' offer to break apart the body. Oh, certainly, Kievo would've loved that. He gets locked away to rot away in a tomb with not even his dearest friends nor allies to help him before he dies, and the first thing he's informed of on being resurrected is that they brought him back out of a tea kettle of ashes. Oh, the smell of Earl Grey? Totally normal, Lord Kievo, nobody will notice - no, it was complete bollocks. Being that she was, still, within their presence, she held her tongue. She was smarter not to speak when he concentrated, only watching intently until Kievo's body was lowered and freed fully. She carefully stepped forth to keep alongside Grenack and Bielgrath, in the events that they were disbalanced from carrying Kievo's remains to put them back on track without dropping the bones. As they walked out of the cavern, she seemed momentarily fascinated by the blue gleam, but ignored it, regardless.

She turned to Caecilius, tone properly determined. " Once we revive Kievo at this Tower . . . Where will we go, afterwards?" she asked, looking to the horizon. " I'm not one to fret, but heading back to your castle would be complicated considering its compromise to the enemy. If you have no other ideas, I have just the place back along the cliffs of the Deathtrap to recuperate. Soldiers and plentiful sustenance galore, and rune-trapped at every turn of the tail. Should you have anyplace in mind, I'm all ears to the option, but I'd rather we weren't - - intruded upon with the least convenient timing. It's the safest place I can think of."

"We purged the mages' tower of all life. It has become our new 'castle', for the moment. However regaining Kievo's personal castle, is not a problem. Repairing it is another story. As for what happens next... That is for Lord Kievo to decide." Caecilius responded to Almas, carefully following the orders and being certain not to drop his stone tablet.

As Bielgrath finally reached the exit he looked around, the rain clouds were somewhat dispersed and the little bit of sky that could be seen was orange in color as the sun was setting, a cold wind seemed to blow around as Grenack and Krevkant caught up, still holding onto the skeleton being very careful not to drop it or shift it in either direction too quickly.

Even from her place in the town square, Sonata could hear Drago's roar, and turned toward the terrible sound. "Drago...? she whispered, not knowing if she should try to run to him. He sounded quite far away...and now that the roar was over, she wasn't quite sure which direction to look.

"I'll try to see if I can spot him from the air, Sonata," Astras said hurriedly, and Sonata nodded in agreement. "Gimme a boost?"

She blinked at him for a moment, then it dawned on her. "Oh, alright." She leaned down, picked him up, thinking, Man, he's getting heavy..., and then tossed him straight up as high as she could, and he flapped his growing wings as furiously as possible, gaining some height.

As he came down, he glided in a small circle, landing gently on the ground. "I couldn't see him," Astras said sadly in response to Sonata's questioning stare. "I either couldn't get high enough, or he's too far away."

Sonata slumped slightly, and looked over at Enya. "What do we do...?"

She hummed in thought. " Mh . . . his first decision after resurrection might be foggy, but I'm not going to doubt him. I'm just wondering whether I'll have to keep most of my Lurkers at home or bring them over. " Personally, she wasn't fond of the idea of them heading back to the castle, considering the story Nilos told her. She'd rather they avoided contact with the turncoats until they recuperated elsewhere, preferably furthest from other Draconian threats of whatever kind. As Caecilius said, though, it would be up to Kievo for that. And briefly, the widower considered using the scrying orb to call other Lurkers from the Deathtrap to accompany them. She reconsidered it after realizing that might draw too much attention. She'd call them in after they resurrected the King.

Kievo . . . how long had it been since they had last spoken? The years had flown by too quickly alone with her servants, as languidly as a dream. Looking back now, even the years from her disappearance up to reuniting with the Generals seemed long and strange. They used to talk plentifully when they were younger, back when the alliance was still fresh. Then he found other loyalists, found his following, his call, and she wasn't one of his only supporters, so talking became less frequent. Other than Political advice, he very seldom took casual conversation from her anymore after his rise to power, or from anyone else for that matter. She wasn't cushy, but maybe she missed it. Not just of him, no, but of all of them. Professionalism was key in their positions of work, but it wasn't meant to be consuming. Watching her own Lurkers chatter with one another only reminded her of missed conversations with the lot of them, after a conquest or an aggravating political debate with other individuals of power. It was always a welcome break from the stresses of politics to reaffirm bonds to others, subordinate or superior. It was something she envied of the enemies she found, in her absence of them.

They still had time for themselves. From the very last turncoats she'd slain in her home, to the refugees they kept picking off, they still had time for eachother. Almas wondered if they'd ever find that loyalty to eachother again. Grenack certainly lacked his compassion, at least.

. . . But who knew? She probably only missed the sane conversation compared to speaking to her idiot servants. Her silence was unbecoming of her, although broken once her thoughts came back. Her tone was strange with her coming question, though, almost softer, and more thoughtful of the matter - - but cold, regardless. " . . . What happened to the other traitors, Caecilius?" she'd asked of him, turning to look to him and his remaining eye. Still proper in posture, she only needed the confirmation. " I know I took pursuit of Jolenar, and Castello . . . but what of the others? Kragmire, Velsor . . . "

"What became of all the rest of them, all those turncoat Generals? Aside from Talikia and Drago, knowing they still breathe, I haven't been informed of the rest."

Edited by Eldricht-Aviary

((

They still had time for themselves. From the very last turncoats she'd slain in her home, to the refugees they kept picking off, they still had time for eachother. Almas wondered if they'd ever find that loyalty to eachother again. Grenack certainly lacked his.

How is Grenack lacking loyalty? :o ))

"What happened to them, I don't even begin to know. Velsor has not been seen since the fateful day of Kievo's defeat, by anyone. Not even rumors or sightings, it's very possible he's dead. The last I heard of General Thoth, which was some centuries ago, he managed to start a fight in an orc camp, claiming he would offer them protection from other dragons in exchange for food. They didn't take that too kindly... It's quite possible whatever wounds they inflicted upon him, may have killed him." Caecilius said, he seemed to find Thoth's situation of failing to con even orc's to be amusing.

"General Nadejda... Hmm. I heard rumors a few millenia ago of a dragon that fit her description quite perfectly, that had gone so far as to befriend a town of humans... I could never find the so called town so that I could burn it to the ground, which makes me doubt said rumor. Of the others, you know as much as I do. Maybe even more." Caecilius finished, "We cannot fly and carry our lord... We must find something to carry him with." Grenack said as his attention had turned to Bielgrath, he and Krevkant had attempted repeatedly to try and figure out a way to take flight, but there was no way they could fly so close together and hold onto the corpse.

Caecilius watched as Krevkant and Bielgrath immediately went down to look for something, anything of the humans' that could be useful in carrying Lord Kievo. "It is such a shame that Bielgrath and Grenack were the only generals that proved themselves truly loyal to Kievo..." Caecilius commented as he watched Grenack walking back and forth around the standing corpse, making sure nothing would come too close to it.

What bothered Caecilius most however, was the fact he was the only surviving Colonel from the age of the dragons. Especially since there was so many of them... Sure, they had divided too when the traitors turned against Kievo, but the fact they all slaughtered each other in one single room, in one day, really bothered him... Especially knowing that had he not been on assignment, he could of either made a difference or died with them. But it didn't matter anymore, it was too little too late.

As the other dragons began to help Bielgrath and Krevkant, a few of them began to get an idea... Pulling out crates and curtains that had managed to survive being burnt, they quickly flew back to where Kievo was, along with Bielgrath and Krevkant.

"Colonel Caecilius... We have figured out a way to transport Kievo. But we need your magic. We can create a crate to set him in and the curtains will provide the means to carry him. Like a giant bag that the humans carry things in." A grey dragon said to him. "So be it." Caecilius said as he moved his tail sharply to the side, the curtains began to float as did the crates. Breaking apart they seemed to begin building a large crate, with the curtains weaved carefully between all the boards to give them a combined strength...

--------

As Drago flailed his tail from side to side he let out another roar louder than the last one, but it didn't seem like a roar of pain but more a roar of pure anger. As he tried to regain control of himself he began to scratch at the ground with his claws, then let out a burst of flames straight up into the air. "Got to... Regain control...! Gah... Damn that... Mage...! I knew we shouldn't... Have listened to his... Ideas...!" he yelled out as he began to grit his teeth in pain, he seemed to finally be regaining control over himself as his eyes were beginning to lose their now blue color.

Edited by Sean175

{{ Ack! Nononoonnono, I wasn't saying Grenack was lacking loyalty, I was just saying he lacked a compassion for subordinates was all! I need to edit that, it was late and I wasn't well, scuse me a sec ;;; }}

(Can someone please take care of my characters till I get back? Thanks! Melomancer, can you take care of my dragons for me? Thanks!)

(CRAP! THEY ALL DIED BEFORE I EVEN SAW THAT. I WENT ON AS SOON AS I SAW THAT AND CHECKED, THEYRE ALL DEAD OHMYGOD I'M SORRY)

((I was waiting for everyone to come back, they kind of vanish to thin air.))

{{ Ahhh, shoot, sorry for poofing again, gang! Homeschooling and farm work caught up with me and my family! 'Scuse me! Just let me get rid of some back pain and I'll respond shortly! }}

((There nothing to Reply to.... Everone interacting with someone who is gone.))

((I'm still here, and still waiting for anything to reply to... I could send PM's to Katzyn, Eldricht and Melo. (Assuming Lou is still away) ))