Quackerz

Our war, their burden.

"He burnt your home? If you like, we could hunt him down and break his neck..." He examined Dahlia's legs."you're right. But for now, it would be best to cure the pain temporarily and make you a crutch so you can support your weight. And if we can find Ingrid's arm, we may be able to re-attach it. Unless that metal moron swallowed it."

Cloud look at Dahlia and Ingrid. "Well that explain a bit." cloud said as he followed the group in the tree. He still keep his distant from them, but he was keeping close for them to know he was following them.

Drakaht looked into the tree and spotted Cloud."Hey Cloud, could you use your healing spell again to reduce the pain? Her legs are messed up really bad.." He gently put Dahlia back on the ground so Cloud could use his magic.

Cloud Jump from the tree and land on Drakaht back. "I would but my healing cause her more pain than what she have now, but it would stop the other pain afterwards, if that what you want." Cloud said as look at Dahlia.

Edited by draco8967

Dahlia looked up at Cloud and nodded. "Can't possibly get any worse than this. Go on, do it." she stated bluntly and looked back at Drakaht. "As good as your idea sounds... no. You saw what he's done to us, and he has friends now. Do not endanger yourselves." she replied and groaned loudly in pain.

"If ya didn't see it, that metal moron did actually bite my arm off! Even if he didn't just swallow it, it's probably all mangled and charred by now!" Ingrid said and drew her dagger. The other one was inside the copper dragon's stomach by now. "Grrr, I want to stab his brains so badly now...!"

Bielgrath turned to look at Eidolus as she arrived "Caecilius retrieved the information of Kievo's location from General Talikia's mind. They entombed him alive within the mountain of the ancient city "Santhenegon". " Bielgrath stated as he took off high into the sky, Caecilius sent out a mental message to the dragons that had been left back at the tower, telling them where to meet up once again... Soon Grenack, Krevkant and Caecilius all joined Bielgrath in the sky. Now that they had the information of Kievo's whereabouts, they could easily revive him. The sky was still cloud filled and looked about ready to start raining at any moment.

-------------

Irina simply watched the humans and dragons, perhaps now was the time for her to merely go. The fight was over and there didn't seem to be much point to her continuing to be there.

-------------

"The mages gave us many different abilities. The one I used back in town was a concentrated beam of energy, born from firebreath.

"After the mages agreed to help, Kievo eventually went to war with all of the other races. The mages joined the dragons on the battlefield and despite them never having been in a war, they seemed to be natural warriors on the battlefield. But it did not last, the mages quickly determined they had made the long decision and pulled out of the war in an attempt to regain neutrality. But it was too late for this, many mages refused to follow the elders and the mages were effectively split. Two thirds left the battle and roughly one third remained with Kievo. Immediately after this, Kievo ordered the mages be destroyed as well for their treason.

"Throughout the war, the mages on Kievo's side continued to act just as the dragons did. Killing the other races and the mages that no longer served on the same side, when the war was over... The mage lands were razed to the ground and most of their history was destroyed in the process. Those that had remained on Kievo's side were vastly rewarded for their efforts and allowed to keep their magic." Though Drago had now finished talking about the war, their was still the matter of the revolution which the mages took part in. Something that many people often included as a part of the war itself, rather than a completely separate event.

Edited by Sean175

Paying attention once more, Sonata took in all of Drago's words cautiously. "So...Enya was one of the Mages who continued to work with the dragons in the War? How was she 'rewarded'?" she asked, once again wondering if the Mage could be trusted. "And now, she wants to destroy Kievo's remains, like you? What happened; why the change of heart for the both of you?" Truly confused and curious, Sonata realized that the old White Dragon really had skimped on her War education. It made her wonder what part the old Dragon had had in the War, to feel so ashamed of his own race that he wouldn't have even told her much about the Mages' part of the destruction...

Astras sat quietly, absorbing the conversation, feeling some small shame for the destruction of the planet, as he looked down at all the dead trees and grass-less land below them.

Edited by Katzyn

((Before I reply, is the question: "What happened; why the change of heart?" asking why Drago changed sides, or Enya? Or both?))

((Both, good sir! Though I guess I should edit to reflect that better. Sorry for the confusion.))

"Enya did not remain with the dragons. She turned against them. How she has survived I do not know, I would of thought that the other mages would have killed her, or worse. Why she changed sides I truly cannot say, for it is a question only she can answer.

"After the war, there was a long period of peace in which the world was ruled by dragons, during this time the mages rebuilt their old homes and distanced themselves from the other races, while still serving under the dragons. For a time, anyways. As their race increased in population again, there was a great fear along with a bitter hatred within the hearts of all the other races, this same fear and hatred eventually began to show itself amongst the mages, despite the fact they had been treated as equals. With time, Kievo suspected that the mages intended to turn against him and to try and return the world to the way it was, he gave out the order to finish the mages for good, to make sure that none survived.

"However, as thousands of years had passed since the war the dragons that followed Kievo weren't the same. Most were born after the war and felt that all races should be treated as equals. The order to destroy the mages split the dragons, this pushed the fear in the other races to the breaking point and war broke out again, led by two of Kievo's generals that had betrayed him. Of course, since your question was on the mages I'll go ahead and get back to that subject...

"As a last act of desperation, the leaders of the mages gathered together and attempted to cast a spell that had been deemed forbidden for tens of thousands of years. The spell; if successful, would have purged the world of all the evil that was currently on it. It would have killed Kievo and his generals, including myself... But, it was forbidden for a reason. Unless all the mages that casted it be completely pure of heart. To which almost none were. The spell backfired, killing it's casters and plunging the world into chaos. It created earthquakes and volcanic eruptions began to plague Kevatia, blocking out the sun with volcanic ash as the spell burned away the forests, scorched the very ground itself and dried up the oceans.

"You asked earlier why I had a change of heart. That is why, when this happened I realized how blind I had become in following Kievo. At that point, General Bielgrath and General Grenack were the only ones to remain by Kievo's side. Both of them were at the town we met at. Bielgrath was the Black Marrow and Grenack was the Royal Crimson. The only thing that stopped the spell was the fact Kievo was defeated, as he was the greatest evil in our world the spell relied on his continued existence. But it didn't make much difference by that time, the once rich lands had been turned into what you see now... The only difference, is that now some grass has begun to grow and a few trees produce the occasional fruit." Drago responded, he had felt long winded but felt that this likely answered the knowledge that Sonata sought.

Edited by Sean175

Sonata blinked, her eyes blank as she imagined the events unfolding as Drago told them; the forests shriveling into the seas of dead trees, the erupting volcanoes, the water-less oceans, and such. She could barely imagine a normal ocean anyway, but she knew they were supposed to have vast amounts of water. "It's hard to imagine that anyone could survive such conditions..." she said softly, one hand stoking Astras' soft feathered wings for comfort. "The village in which I was born had some fruit trees and a bit of grass in this one secluded area - I think this is why the Orcs raided it when I was little." She paused, trying to remember something from long ago, then began, "The Dragon told me he and a couple of others had tried to make the land around the village flourish, but had very, very little success...He had mentioned this 'forbidden spell' once, I think, and how absolute it had been, not allowing the land to recover properly..."

She fell silent, then, rolling all of Drago's word around in her mind, trying to decide how she now felt about the dragon she rode. He had done some awful things in his past...but people (and dragons?) could change, couldn't they? He seemed to be adamant about not letting Kievo's location be revealed, and therefore his body resurrected, and he seemed to want to help humans, even though they obviously weren't ready to be friendly towards his kind. That made her wonder, "Drago, why are you trying to help the humans who mistrust you so badly? What's in it for you?"

"Hmm... Yes, the spell was quite absolute... But not completely. For if it were, nothing would be returning." Drago responded as Sonata talked about the Dragon that had raised her. "What is in it for me? Hmm... An interesting question. I help the humans because we dragons are still split. Those that follow Kievo remained relatively close together and are easily being united under one cause again. While those that stand against Kievo... Are not united in any way. Weak and divided, if I cannot get the other races to help, Kievo's side will win, even if they never find him and Bielgrath remains in charge. So effectively, I have no choice but to seek outside help. Especially since as a traitor, I rank very highly on their "kill" list. Though it's also possible they could stumble upon Kievo by accident.

"As far as "What's in it for me", nothing except preventing that lunatic from living again, or from his side controlling Kevatia once more. I could say that "I would still be alive", but the odds are I'll either be killed fighting them, or we defeat them and in my weakness one of the other races takes the opportunity to slay me. So in the end, what's in it for me is likely little more than death." Drago responded quite bluntly, the thought of dying to stop Kievo or that he would simply be killed by those he had helped afterwards, was not a very appeasing thought, especially to a dragon that valued power, such as Drago.

Edited by Sean175

Sonata nodded, completely understanding what Drago had said about the other dragons who did not want Kievo to return - those she had seen were far too willing to fight Drago, and seemingly not inclined to work together against a common enemy. "It will be difficult to unite humans with...pretty much any other race. We are too distrustful, too scared. Jaded against the other races." Sonata thought of her hatred of the Orcs, and privately doubted that even Drago, (who she now thought of as a friend and hero, even with his dubious past) could get her to cooperate willingly with the vile creatures.

Astras piped up as Sonata thought; "You have me to help heal you, Drago!" the hatchling said, full of young and enthusiastic bravado. "We won't let anyone hurt you. Right, Sonata?" He turned to face her.

She frowned and avoided his gaze, remembering the pain and helplessness she'd felt when her family had died in front of her. She wasn't sure if it would be wise or right to crush his spirit at such a young age. "We'll certainly do our best," she said softly, trying to sound optimistic. Astras, however, seemed satisfied with her response.

"There, see? It'll all be okay."

"Difficult? Very much so. But not impossible. All races share one particular feeling towards Kievo, fear. And fear can unite even the greatest enemies against a common foe. The biggest problem is, once that foe is gone... They immediately have at each other again." Drago stated, they were preparing to reach yet another town as he listened to Astras, "Hmm... You have spirit. Something too many dragons this day in age lack." Drago said, "Hopefully this town will be more... Receptive." he said as he prepared to land down, the town like the last one was made of stone and had a large cluster of dead trees in the center of the town, between some of the buildings there was more dead trees. Very few of the buildings were crumbling however, as though they had been maintained. They did not shine as though they had been polished, but they were obviously still strong. As with the last town, there was a large stone wall that had been built around the town with guards. The guards scrambled upon seeing Drago and began to run away or hide.

Seeing the guards take cover, Sonata called out, waving her arms, "It's alright, we come in peace!" She hoped the people could hear her, and wouldn't begin shooting at them. Her green and brown clothes, while dirty, stood out fairly well against Drago's armour, so she hoped they would see her.

Drakaht nodded."Yeah, you're right. It would be foolish to even try." He stared at Ingrid, visibly surprised."You're taking the loss of your arm surprisingly well..."

Eidolus nodded and followed Bielgrath."They locked him up there? Are you certain?"

Cloud stood over Dahlia. "Brace yourself." Cloud said as he place his hand on Dahlia Chest and it glowed a Bright Greenish orange. Even If he was not the one receiving the healing he know it was going to be a pain for her, for his hand had started to feel as if it was burning.

Lou looked around dazed. She just woke up and doesn't remember anything. She blinked. Where was she?

(I'm so lost...)

((Perhaps I can help. Where is it you've gotten lost at? With Bielgrath & Co.? Drago & Astras/Sonata? Lou, Drakaht, Dahlia etc.? Or just overall?))

Edited by Sean175

{{ I'll debrief you! }}

{{ Bielgrath, Caecilius, Krevkant, and the others located Kievo's remains by interrogation of General Talikia, and now after being reunited with Eidolus, who has fled the battle scene, set off to find such - which, I'll remind soulking, is thousands of miles away from them and not within range to know about. }}

{{ Astras and Sonata were asking Drago questions about his involvement in the war and the mages, among other things, Enya has left the scene, Dahlia is having her pain removed by Cloud by minor healing spell - though her legs will not be miraculously healed, of course - and Irina the dragon is considering leaving the scene from behind hiding place. Human guards tried approaching the ruined city, but now try to hide, and Sonata is trying to convince them that you dragons are harmless. }}

{{ Ingrid lost her arm but was given a cloak by Dahlia, Lady Almas has set off to meet the other Generals at the former Human Capital, leaving Montressor in charge of the hidden cliffside foretress, and the three scouts mentioned in my last posts now head home to the foretress by tunnels to resume nameless, roleless lives. }}

{{ .... I think that was clear enough, at least? Also, I think Dahlia might be inclined to hate the legendary trio dragons with their headstrong nature and trying to offer to guard Kievo's remains instead of help her out. Just saying it seems like it.}}

{{ In personal recommendation, I think it would be best, like the others said, to not immediately try going after Bielgrath and the others, whether some dragons ' miraculously ' know about their actions or not. You have crippled humans and wounded dragons. The best place to go would be a Cleric, and the human guards, if convinced not to leave any harm, might have one? }}

{{ Sorry, did I get that right? Sean? Anything I missed or misinterpreted? }}

((

EDIT: Very good Eldricht! Though the Guards are at the town Drago is approaching, not the town the others are at. That town is basically devoid of human life now.

Let's see what I can do to recap, then:

Caecilius detected that one of the old Generals, "Talikia" was around and alerted Bielgrath to this. Bielgrath decided to abandon the castle and go after Talikia, taking all his followers with him (Salazr, Eidolus, Krevkant, Grenack).

They chased Talikia around in some caverns she had long since made her home, caught her and Caecilius extracted the information of Kievo's whereabouts from her memories. Talikia managed to escape and Bielgrath along with his followers are once again flying elsewhere to retrieve Kievo. Eldricht's character "Lady Almas" is on her way there to meet up with Bielgrath/Grenack to reunite their forces.

--

Drago is merely telling Astras of the mages' part in the Supreme War and the revolution, a bit of history. He's basically arrived at another town, that hopefully won't share the same fate as the last one.

--

As for what I've gathered on the situation with Lou, Drakaht, Dahila and Co., Dahlia blames Lou for her legs being crushed and Cloud is attempting to relive some of the pain. Irina is there, but she's more focused on the castle than anything else.

-----

(As far as I can tell, Edlricht got the stuff I missed. Such as Dahlia likely being inclined to hate the trio dragons) Did this help at all? ))

Edited by Sean175

((Great recaps! As for Dahlia, yeah, she's leaning towards disliking the trio dragons as she believes that going after Bielgrath or Drago is just plain stupid. And she doesn't blame Lou completely for her legs being crushed, she believes she it's also her own fault for letting terror take over her.))

Dahlia immediately yelped in pain as Cloud began to channel his spell into her body. And she thought it couldn't get any worse than it was. She would probably have jumped up if it wasn't for the fact her legs simply didn't budge at all. The girl squirmed and writhed, this time it was felt much worse than the last time the man used his healing abilities on her. Perhaps it was because back then it was just a bad stab wound inflicted by no one other than Ingrid, and now the injury was much worse in the form of a completely crushed and now useless pair of legs. "Damn it... make it quick!" Dahlia gritted her teeth as she tried to withstand as much of the excruciating pain that she could.

Ingrid looked at Drakaht and blinked. "Take it well? What, do you think losing an arm is nice or something? That's because you're not missing one of your legs or wings!" she replied somewhat angrily. But her mood apparently changed quickly when she held up her new cloak that hid the left part of her body so she wouldn't have to walk around and getting odd stares from people noticing her left arm was gone. "But hey, Strawberries gave me this fancy cape! Isn't that fashionable?" the madwoman grinned, letting go of the cloth and scratching her head. "Oh, um. I never got your names. What is yours? Dracula?"