Quackerz

Our war, their burden.

Eidolus kept fighting, driving off the soldiers. She was excited for what would come after the battle, and had no interest in the soldiers. All she cared about was them leaving, alive or dead didn't matter. She whipped a man with her tail and sent him flying into a wall." Do you think we should give them a chance to surrender? I'm feeling merciful." She asked Bielgrath.

Exiting the castle, Drakaht sat down by the entrance with a grim expression upon his face. He sighed and got back up. He moved back towards Lou and Dahlia." What now? Our top priority is getting Dahlia to an experienced healer. But after that, what do we do? If what I heard was true, they're going to revive Kievo. The world is going to be plunged into hell."

{{ Yikes! Sorry that happened, Kat! I hope it isn't too serious, and that you get better soon! }}

She clicked her tongue disapprovingly at the other dragoness' offer to grant the humans mercy and swooped up back into the air, taking pursuit of some small amount of the escaping soldiers. The same curse from before was hissed through bared teeth, and the blazing breath she threw down to the scattered masses took the same sharpness as before, spearing soldiers down where they stood.

Others got smart and scattered, but she only drew back when it looked like there weren't enough to provide a proper bonfire. She knew if the survivors found other human settlements and spoke of the capital's siege, they'd have bigger problems than before. However, should they revive Kievo, they wouldn't pose as much of a threat, ever should they get the chance. Didn't stop her from breathing a few more fiery barbs in their direction, though. Once she wasn't in range to hit them, she circled back, flying up over the city to watch the rest of the soldiers flee, making sure the number of survivors dwindled properly. She'd come back down when it was clear.

((Sorry to hear that, Kat! I hope you get better soon!))

"Kievo..." Dahlia silently mumbled the King of the Dragons' name under her breath, wondering if the world was to be doomed and ruled by the dragons once again. She sighed and looked up at Drakaht with a slight hint of hopelessness and doubt. "To be honest, I don't know. I mean... I don't know if I'll ever be able to walk again. If you wish to go up against him, then go ahead, even if it means I must part ways with you in order not to drag you down." she replied rather bluntly, gazing down at the dirty ground then at whatever remained of the town destroyed by Bielgrath and his goons. Was this a hint to the future of Kevatia? Either way, there was nothing she could do about it, with Kievo revived or not.

"But if it was up to me... I'd try finding you all a safe place to hide at until the tyrant gets defeated again. I'd be dead by then, but hey... you'd be safe and sound." Dahlia added in with a sigh.

"We will not offer them mercy of any kind. Nor would they offer us any were our positions reversed. They die. All of them." Bielgrath responded in a very cold tone, he turned his attention to Caecilius who was still standing atop the wall, tormenting soldiers mentally wherever he could. "Colonel Caecilius." he cried out, catching Caeclius' attention, who simply looked at him then nodded, knowing that Bielgrath wanted him to hasten up the fall of their enemy.

With a sigh Caecilius lowered his head and began to chant. "Frigid winds... Chill Breeze... To the great cold I call, to winter's fury may our enemy perish. Blizzard..." he chanted in a low and dark tone, immediately a very cold wind began to whip up and snow began to swirl in the air as the wind blew rapidly and howling in the process, while the rain continued to fall many of the knights began to find their feet frozen to the ground and the ice climbing up their legs and torso, their metal armors a prison as they began struggling to try and get out.

Grenack stopped and watch with a snarl, those that weren't within range of Caecilus' attack were almost completely broken up and either fleeing or attempting to fight to the last man, most the civilians remained in their homes in an attempt to escape the fighting as they hoped the knights would save them, unaware that many had tried to save themselves instead.

Krevkant growled angrily with pure annoyance on his face, while reviving Kievo was important to him, he had badly wanted to kill everything the old fashioned way... "Oh well... There's still the defenseless. " he suddenly said, turning his attention to the many homes that were still left standing, a sharp twisted grin making it's way across his face.

---------------

Irina simply sighed as she left the castle, she didn't follow Drakaht back to the others. Instead she began to leave, heading in the direction she had come from since she had left Alicia there. She did not blame Alicia for what she had seen, but her opinion of humans had changed greatly, almost to the point of hatred... She surely would have turned Kievoan then and there, had it not been for the fact she was willing to accept that not all humans are like that, especially Alicia and the human that had raised her.

(Did they have wheelchairs in medieval times?)

"No. We would rather die than abandon you. We stick together." Drakaht firmly replied." We should head to somewhere where we can get you a healer. Anybody knows of any towns nearby?"

Eidolus heard Bielgrath's disapproval." It's not that I want them to live. It's just that.. We're here to get Kievo. And these guys are just in the way. The fastest way to get them out of the way would be to scare them off, and then we can get to Kievo sooner. That was my reasoning, but it's more fun to kill them anyway." She continued attacking soldiers around her. She saw Krevkant looking towards the houses. Grinning, she called out:"Remember, the babies are especially chewy." She returned her attention to the knight trying to stab her.

((No they did not. Most of the time the person with Non-useable legs, was killed or Op out of life.))

Cloud came from the shadows behind the group. "There a town about two human day walks from here, or about six hour flight. It have healers there, but the sky are a bit dangers with drakes about half way there." Cloud said as he collapses his bow, and point in the direction of the town. "They are, Non-friendly to dragon. So it would be best if I took her to town while you guys stay inside the forest, just so that there is no trouble." He looks at the group of dragons and Ingrid. "Which means you much be careful, the forest at night or the skies are not the best around that town, seeing how it gets attack everyone now and than by wildlife, but not much at once." He reach into his pocket and removed a red apple from it and started to eat, waiting for a reply.

(Aren't drakes really small? Like bat sized? )

"Drakes? Pfft. They're tiny. I could eat a few hundred in a single bite." Drakaht walked over to Dahlia. He lifted her up and put her on his back." Alright, we should go there."

Edited by Melomancer

((Thanks, guys. I slept it off last night; still have a nice goose egg on my skull, and it hurts if I touch it.... And headache, but I'm not so worried about concussion anymore. Should be able to think up a good post today... During work, of course! ))

((Aculey they can be quite big, about 3/4 of a full dragon. There are some the size of bats, but others that can fight a dragon one on one. But it does make a different when they hunt in pack of a hundreds.))

Armin

The trio walked with the group. "Then again we need a healer. And we need to prepare."

(short post because I have no ideas atm)

Day Glory drakes are the size of 4 month old kitten body-wise, hence they can land on your arm and walk on it. Night Glory drakes are about the same size.

Electrics, when they stand are about as 4 meters tall, excluding spread wings, from feet to head and like 7,5 meters long from tail tip to snout. Their average size, so far.

Nope. Drakes are teeny tiny.

(But no drakes in the DC universe are bigger than that. Apart from Ochedrakes, who are about the size of a dog. But since their description states that there are many different mutations of ochedrakes, they could very well be human-sized. But apart from that, Drakes are a class of dragons, and there aren't any of them human sized.)

(( laugh.gif Ya was not looking in Drakes DC was looking in MTG and DD Drakes.))

(( laugh.gif Ya was not looking in Drakes DC was looking in MTG and DD Drakes.))

((This RP uses DC dragons/drakes, not MTG/DD dragons/drakes.))

Bielgrath watched with a great grin as the resistance finished falling apart, the knights no longer fought orderly or together and were becoming stranded. The majority had died or fled and the dragons were now overrunning the entire city.

Krevkant roared loudly in victory as he dived out of the sky and smashed into one of the stone houses, bringing down the entire left side in the process. Many other dragons began to follow in his footsteps, the fact that these humans weren't fighting didn't mean they were about to let them live. They would not rest until there were no breathing humans left in the city.

Caecilius flew down from his place atop the wall, looking at the many knights he had frozen. He began to laugh as he lifted up his tail and prepared to smash them, then lowered his tail. "No... They make nice ornaments. I think I'll permanently freeze them..." he said to himself as he began to reinforce the magic he had used to freeze them, so that they would not melt. It would only be a few more minutes before the sheer cold killed the knights inside, anyways.

--------------

As Irina reached a broken down spot in the wall surrounding the village, she looked back momentarily at the others, before continuing on, heading back to where she had left Alicia.

Alicia watched as Irina left, she had almost reached that spot in the wall. "Well, that saves me a lot of trouble finding her." she thought to herself, though she couldn't help but notice the depressed look Irina now had. She began to follow her, she wasn't about to say anything within potential ear range of others.

Almas watched the other soldiers scattered and flee down the mountain before diving back down to the city. Realizing the battle was done, she set out with the other grunts to roasting the surviving civilians in their beds, instead. Tucking her head left and right with a plume of flame through each door, or window, or misshapen hole of house damage, it didn't take long for her to set the houses ablaze for the others to demolish. When she was at least done with her share, she landed again back in the main plaza sticking the landing well enough not to stumble over the injured thigh. Though she'd rejoin with the others in but a moment, she first would rather amend the injury before going further, and otherwise stalked off to a darker part below the wall to do so. she was at least thankful she brought basic medical necessities, for her tastes.

{{ allergy headaches, again, sorry for the short response. I'll go back to being longer in a minute. Ghhhh }}

((Gonna attempt a post - sorry if it isn't very good or whatever...stupid ladder...

Also, remember that this is a different town than the one that is being destroyed in other posts.))

Sonata smiled slowly, seeing a few men (with their women staying behind, indoors with the children) carefully coming out of their homes to listen to her. She very slowly set Astras down and reached behind her to loosen her bow and quiver from behind her back, then held out her empty hands so all could see she meant no threat. "People of the town," she called again, a little less loudly, to draw them in, but no less clearly, "We come to tell you of great danger." Turning around, she could see the people approaching her cautiously, most with weapons held at-the-ready in their hands. "However, the danger does not come from me or my friends here. I am Sonata, this little one is Astras, and my large friend," she began, then turned toward the big black dragon covered in armour, "is Drago." She paused, letting the people take in the fact that she called the two dragons her "friends".

She smiled softly as they did seem to glance at one another in astonishment, then began again, "We've traveled here from another town not too terribly far away...a town that was recently destroyed by followers of Kievo." She frowned at the still-fresh memory of the town burning and people running for their lives, as the townsfolk of this town gasped in horror.

"What?" "Kievo?! What can we do?" "He still has followers?" she heard from the few men standing around one side of the area she and her dragons were standing in, which she assumed to be something like a town square. The people around her looked scared, frightened, afraid...but a few looked angry, and one or two of them even shifted their eyes upon Drago and little Astras.

((Sean...I'm not sure where to take this. Are our characters warning people of imminent destruction- to run and flee with their lives, or are we encouraging them to try to fight back...?))

(( Drago's goal is to encourage the races to work together and fight back against the Kievoans, rather than stand around and wait to be slaughtered. ))

As Bielgrath flew he noticed some people attempting to flee to the East gate, which had been left open. "Too many humans have already managed to survive. Salazr. Bring down the Eastern gate." Bielgrath yelled out as to make sure Salazr would hear the order, Grenack watched as the city was ultimately destroyed by the dragons. Few had managed to survive and Bielgrath had every intention of making sure that no more would survive than already had. With a grin he turned his attention to the mountain in the center of the city, that was the prize....

Grenack opened his wings and took off for the mountain, carefully landing down on one of it's peaks and turning his head sharply downward to watch the chaos below. The rain was beginning to let up for the moment, but it would be back... It was likely the sun was close to setting, but that could not be clearly told due to the thick rain clouds.

Caecilius flew back up to the wall, picking up the stone tablet he had left on it to prevent it from being destroyed, after he had it he took off towards the mountain, landing on a peak opposite of the General... The two of them were now merely waiting for the others to finish cleaning up the city, so that they could retrieve their lord.

-------------

"Yes, Kievo still has followers. Most notably his generals, Bielgrath and Grenack. They must be crushed" Drago responded as he heard the men talking, as he talked he lifted up his front-right paw and seemed to make a bit of a fist with it, as best he could. The muscles around it clearly tense as he emphasized the word "crushed".

It didn't take much to fasten the herb-soaked cloth around her leg tightly enough to last. Once she'd given another tug to the knot keeping the silk in place, she closed her bag back up, then moved to approach another house before she was stopped by something small and shaky. She paused, momentarily, as a small human child, separated from her parents, stumbled in front of her trying to cross the street to another home.

Thoughts were considered, briefly. However, she leaned close to the little child, frozen up in fear as shaken as a leaf, and whispered something. The child's breathing grew thick and difficult as she whispered, low, calmer than ice, before the girl finally found a burst of energy to get up and run off, teddy in tow. However, only a few steps later did her skin begin peeling away, muscles rotting and turning green as she joined the fleeing human masses and spread the Necrosis Sapiens to the rest of them. Most of them fell to their knees clawing at their faces, screaming as they fell apart.

Gods, did that spell make her sick. Gave her an awful taste in her throat, which normally only tea could fix. Unfortunately, she had no tea on standby, and the headache it brought otherwise was murder. She could tolerate it, though, with what they were coming for. Otherwise, though, she was done cleaning up the survivors. With a slow stretch to assure the silk was well fastened, she padded her way back over to Bielgrath, glancing over the damages.

Bielgrath seemed to hold himself together well, for how long it had been since she'd seen him last. She almost wished she'd kept better care of her scales alongside the Deathtrap, in front of the other Generals, but decided against it. She wasn't there to impress them. Almas only dipped her head to Bielgrath in respectful greeting before speaking up.

" I hope it's not too late to debrief me on what's gone on while I was away, General," she said, straightening up with a flick of the tail, " I'd hate to find out I missed more fun than I've heard, over all these years apart. If you'd rather it waited until we retrieved our King, though, you'll hear no objection from me."

Dahlia sat up on Drakaht's back after being picked up and looked at Cloud concerned. "If the road to the town is full of hostile creatures, it might not be worth the trouble. You guys already have me as an incapacitated person; what if one more of us gets badly wounded like me?" she said, crossing her arms. "How about going for a different town with a safer path? It might take us longer, but it saves us the trouble of having to run through a bunch of monsters just to get to a healer who might or not know how to treat my condition." Dahlia continued and tried to remember of any town she had visited before. Of course, if no one knew of any other town, she'd have no choice but head for the town mentioned by Cloud.

=========================

Salazr nodded upon hearing Bielgrath's order and flew towards the Eastern gate, where humans - combatants or not - where flocking to. He'd make this human filth pay for daring to imprison Lord Kievo like that. The copper dragon sped up, quickly passing the humans and beating them to the gate. Salazr smashed into the stone walls to its sides, and quickly the gate was sealed off with all the debris after collapsing. He turned around roared loudly as his jaws ignited, and bathed the fleeing humans with fire. No bodies were left behind - the ones unfortunate enough to get caught just disappeared, incinerated by the incredibly hot flames.

=========================

Believing she had lost the trackers, Enya let out a sigh of relief and slowed down so she could rest a bit and catch her breath. "What a close call." Of course, she knew that at any time the hunters could pounce on her from nowhere, so her eyes were still wide open and on look out for threats. The mage couldn't see them anywhere, at least from her current location. Rather than sitting around to see if the trackers would show up again, Enya decided to catch up with Drago. Using the same resources she used to detect the trackers on their way, the sorceress successfully pinpointed his location. Fortunately, they weren't that far away from her. She headed the way she sensed Drago at and found herself at a town. It was hard to miss the armoured black dragon that easily stood out from the surroundings. Enya walked up towards them and crossed her arms, and remained silent there.

((I knew that...sorry. I blame the concussion.))

Sonata nodded fiercely, her own hands creating fists as well, feeling Drago's vehemence, as the men around them looked somewhat startled that a dragon would side with humans against one of its own kind. "Those dragons are evil, and are destroying anything and everything they can to resurrect their leader." She let that sink in as she slowly bent down to pick up Astras again. "Our only hope," she began once the people quieted down again, "is to band together with the other races, to fight back."

"How can we hurt them?! They're dragons!" "They devastated our towns before, they'll do it again!" "What?! Fight alongside other races? They'll turn on us and destroy us!" The women had joined their men outside now, yelling and shouting as well, though a couple looked thoughtful, as if considering the idea.

"People, people!" Sonata called out, holding up a hand for quiet. "We can still fight them! I myself have damaged one with just a plain bow and arrow. Sure, after that, I didn't get the chance to finish it off, but Drago was able to take care of it. Which is why we need to team up with other races. We humans cannot do all the work by ourselves. I could not fly to finish off the winged enemy. We don't have the numbers that the Orcs do, or the magic that the Mages do," she began, thinking of Enya specifically, "...and we don't have the skill of fighting that the elves do; but, all together, we can pool our resources and fight against the evil Kievo-worshipping dragons who wish to exterminate us!" she ended, with a fist pumped into the air. Astras bugled in agreement, his wings spread wide and fluttering.

People around them were quiet, considering her words. Sonata flushed slightly, feeling somewhat foolish, until a woman stepped forward, clothed in a long, well-worn dress, carrying a basket that looked to be filled with herbs and assorted flowers. To Sonata, she resembled the Wisewoman of the village she had lived in as a young child. "How do you propose we go about teaming up, young lady? We cannot just tromp up to the nearest Orc village, or Elven dwelling, or even Dragon cave, and ask them to be friends with us." In the background, a few skeptics snickered, and Sonata turned to Drago, realizing she had wondered about this, as well. Orcs and humans, at least, would often kill each other on sight, these days...at least, where she came from.

((Lol, accidentally hit "post" when I meant to preview the last colour...ended up having to cycle through a few unsuitable colours before I found something readable and unique -I think-))

Edited by Katzyn

((It's okay, I don't mind. ^^ And lol, I've had that problem with colors before too! =P)

"There is time for a brief explanation... Seeing as the others are finishing off these disgusting humans." Bielgrath responded to Almas as he looked around, "Salazr was the first to be found, though he found me." he said as he watched Salazr successfully bring down the Eastern gate, "After we reunited more of Kievo's former followers, we proceeded to sack the tower of mages in the northern land and kill all of their "elders". he continued with a chuckle, "The vampire Eidolus reunited with us there and we investigated Kievo's castle for any clues to find him. With little success, though Salazr was able to find Krevkant and bring him to us, again bringing him to our side..." He stopped and paused as he watched Krevkant ravaging the homes of the city.

"At another of our old dragonic castles, we were reunited with General Grenack. A human settlement had been built around it, which he promptly... Got rid of. We faced off against a few dragons that sympathized with the humans and foolishly stood against us despite being vastly outnumbered... Caecilius recovered the ancient dragonic spell we need to revive Kievo and after detecting the former General Talikia in the norther, we decided to ignore the sympathizers and pursue her before she could disappear for millenia again. And now, here we are." Bielgrath finished, the city been almost completely purged of humans by this point.

"Salazr. Eidolus. Krevkant. Enough, let the others finish cleaning up - Kievo awaits!" Bielgrath yelled out, opening his wings and taking off into the air, heading towards where Caecilius and Grenack now stood on the mountain.

--------------

"They are just as afraid of Kievo as you are. It is fear of a common enemy that will force the races to unite, else they will surely be swept away in the pages of history, with none to remember the likely valiant stand some of them would attempt to make." Drago responded, he was indeed heavily counting on fear to unite the races. He noticed Enya had now joined them, "Simply put, "trumping up to the nearest orc village, elven dwelling or dragon cave", is exactly what I intend to do. I don't expect them to be friends; because I know as soon as the common threat is gone their rivalries will be back instantly." Drago finished.

((Oh, balls. I hadn't seen the post where Enya rejoined us! Sneaky McSneakypants!))

Sonata's eyes followed where Drago looked, and jumped, startled. "Enya! Welcome back," she said softly, as the townspeople thought and talked to each other quietly about what Drago had said. Many seemed to agree that the old rivalries would go back to normal...if the races could cooperate at all.

The older Wisewoman-like lady stepped forward again, leaving behind a few of the men and a woman who she'd been conferring with. "While some people are skeptical about joining forces with other races, many of us believe that there is evil afoot, and we thank you all for coming here to warn us." The older woman smiled gently at Sonata and even nodded her head once to Drago in respect, an honour Sonata wasn't sure anyone would give, knowing her races' distrust of dragonkind. "We need to discuss the possibilities of alliances with the nearby tribes of Orcs, and the few known dragons in the area. In the meantime, if you wish, you may stay here for a night or two, to rest, or do as you like." In the back of the small crowd that had gathered, a few people, mostly men, grumbled at this, but wisely did not interfere. "However, we do not have the resources to feed you much, Sonata...and you not at all, Drago."

Sonata shifted uncomfortably, worried that Drago was being slighted, but the kind older woman smiled apologetically. "We simply do not have enough livestock to feed all the men in the village, much less a dragon that is larger than a house!" She chuckled softly, and Sonata smiled in relief.

Astras piped up, from in Sonata's arms, "Do you have any veggies? I'm starving!"

At first, there was stunned silence...then finally, some of the women chuckled softly, knowing how it was with youngsters and how they are hungry all the time.

SilverStream tries to kill a small squirrel for food but fails."Not again" she muttered.She flew away.

"Hmm.... There are still many others that need to be warned. But if Sonata wishes to stay here for the night, so be it." Drago responded, not concerned by the fact they didn't have food for him. He could simply go hunting, after all. It wasn't like the average dragon would pose a threat to him, a bunch of them would, but it was likely he would get out of whatever situation should arise as he had always done before.