TSparkle123

Camp Half-Blood OoC

ok i read it... but FYI, i cant wright 10 sentices with croect gramer in 5 minets when i have to get off.. so thoughs ruels i dont understand, they dont know if the person on the computer rushed in one post or not. im not consistintly posting all the time. i have chores and work around the house to do.

I dunno what argument went on, but I am SO glad Band has taken over my life and I missed it.

If you ever have any question, Aurora, just ask me. I don't bite often.

Armor can't really be made in a mold because of its unique shape. And where are you getting the information that the bronze can be molded so quickly? Reforging Backbiter into a scythe took an entire book to do. Unless it has grounding in the books, you should stay realistic. And realistic armor is made in a forge and takes weeks to do.

As advice for roleplays based on books, I'd either confirm that it is true in the book or else just stick to real life. Otherwise, you should ask the OP before doing it.

And tyson made a flameing war axe reather quiclly.... Baced on books also is the short stories with the series.. i dont remember witch one but one of them discribes how quick becondorf made things. And the Hephaestus cabin in general.

Back biter was a half mortal steal half celestial bronze blade. Of corse it took the whole book! Gold and silver have a lower melting point and the fires in the forge keep going and always hot. Twi said she whont doubt my knowledge of the books so please don't say keep to the books... i am keeping too the books. If you whant it like that, get rid of jarvis. No demititan childen in boks or mythology, none in here.. If you don't whant to. Then let me do my thing. I read the rules. I read the books 5 times. I know what im talking about. So please, don't doubt my knowledge on both series.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

I asked for demititan and Twilight granted it. All I'm saying is that Anna is not from Hephaestus cabin and armor takes a lot of time and effort to make. It is quite hard. If Twilight says it is alright to make an entire suit of armor for a giant dog in a few hours, I won't argue with her.

Also, what do gold and silver have to do with this? Armor wasn't made in gold or silver.

Edited by pudding

And i asked twi and she hasent got back to me. She is useing imperial gold and the silver the Hunters use. Romans have impirial gold armor and the hunters used silver wepons. Not all armor fot demigods are celestial bronze.

It said on her talints from non godly parint that she is good with crafts. Stone and metle work was the best. Look at the first page and read it agein. Ok?

Even if she was good with crafts, there's still a reason we're upset.

It apparently took the court armorer Jörg Seusenhofer (and a small number of assistants) about one year to complete a horse armor

I can believe that it would take that long - especially chain mail. Imagine the vast amount of intricate work that an armouror would have to do to make a suit of armor, with the limited tools of the day. I heard somewhere (I forgot where) that it did take over a year for a coat of mail to be made.

If she needed real decent armor, it would definitely more than one night. Especially if it was a chest piece, you'd need to have it fitted too. Celestial bronze or not, its a metal all the same.

Edited by RainDash

I said i PMed twi with the deatails about the armor. Leg gards, full back leather saddle, brestplate and helm. Thats it. Meshurments already taken. Getting help from Hephaestus cabin. She desides. No arguments on this.

Also.. modern day times would be a lot faster with higher tecnology. And only 3 parts are made of metal the rest leather. Leather may i remind you was the easyest armor to shape and make.

And i apologies for the spelling misshaps in the PM twi.. i was upset and in a rush.

I'm just going to ask if you've ever tried to sew anything. Because I tried upon my mother's request, and quit halfway through because of how tedious and hard it was. Imagine how long friggin armor takes compared to making a blanket. It took my mom a month to make a dress for one of my sisters, and she's been working on my quilt for almost three years.

Also, I'm going to make a list of who's going where so we can even out characters and such.

Also, Twi, if I didn't tell you, it'd just be better for you to PM me the document. My email sorta broke and I can't get into it.

I worked with leather before. You dont sow it. You poke holes in intervils and rin a nedle trew with a peace of thin leather behind it. Kinda like sowing bit not quite. And yes, i made my curtens and mended some ripped stuffed animals multiple times. It isent that hard.

Yeah, so have I, and hand-stitching that holds takes forever and a day to do. It's not easy, and definitely takes a long time (unless you sold the firstborn in your city to elves and have them do it) to get it right.

I'm no smith (*snort* I barely leave my house to do anything but let my dogs out), mind you, so I'm pretty vague on the topic.

Edited by shadow_claw

My dad and gpa beed working with metal my whole life. They make AC duckwork and stuf so i know that well. But i guess sewing depends on the person.... it dosent take me that long.. nor dose it feal like that to me

Please do be patient with me, guys. I will never promise to get back to you right away, but I will get back to you eventually if you PM me. I've been giving myself some time today to clean the house and all that jazz.

As for the armor issue, I... um... er...

I wouldn't make a good judge.

Question before I make my ruling: How many Hephaestus kids does she have working for her? And where is she working?

(Hur, that's two questions.)

Emmie is the counselor... xd.png

Hm...

So, Anna's going to the Underworld, right? If so, she can still make the armor.

My logic is, since Emmie's going to the Underworld as well, they can work on it together throughout the mission, adding the finished pieces as they go.

Does this work for a compromise? If not, I don't know what else to do.

We aren't upset that she's making armor. We're upset because a realistic time to make armor in a forge takes a lot longer than a few hours and she reasonably can't finish before they leave. Maybe one piece before they left could be a compromise but not an entire suit.

4 leg gards a chest peace and a mask. The leg gards are easy, mask is a mold chest peace could be finished on trip. Rest is heavy leather that could be done in one night.

And pudding, she has the whole Hephaestus cabin minus Emmie working on it. It whont take that long with 5 kids working on one peace.

I think that is a good comprimize twi.

Yeah, I get that, pudding. I wasn't very clear in my post, sorry.

What I meant was, if she was bent on making the armor before we went, she wouldn't be able to go on the quest. Let's face it, we'd all die if it took months to get the sun back.

Alright, so Anna can do the quick bits and start a bigger project, then go in the morning the next day, right?

This'll do, right?

Just out of curiousity I was wondering which group would need more light as that would essentially be where Selenia would be of most use as she could act as a sort of replacement sun. Although I plan on having her discover her ability to light specific areas of her body (eg a finger or forehead or palm of her hand) soon so it would be more like a human flashlight for when the brightness that everyone is glowing right now is not enough.

Possibly the underworld group. Its discribrd as a dim dark place in the books..

Yrp! She finished the back saddle and the helm. The leg gards and brest plate would be work on the trip.

Underworld is the darkest, but Olympus group has the least amount of people(Unless you count the NPC Hunters, then they have a lot of people).

Glad to reach an agreement!

Edited by TSparkle123

But there is also the fact that the Olympus group is already heavy on archers which isn't necessarily a good thing. I would say she would be more useful on the underworld team even though shining brighter than everyone else will draw more attention to her.

Steph's going to go where her sister goes, so I honestly don't care where Selenia chooses to go.

Well, whatever you wanna do. I was letting you know your options.