SilveryKit

Awkward moments

Don't be shy. What's the most awkward moment you've ever been through?

Not possible. I has many! xd.png

Well I make a joke and no one laughs... That gets pretty awkward!

Edited by ChocolateIzzy

Once I was in Germany and since it cost 50 Euro cents to go to the bathroom, my family would use the same bathroom. We would keep the door held open for the next person... tongue.gif Anyway, my grandfather fell into the toilet whilst mid-pee, so everyone was worrying about him and I ended up having to fish him out and clean him off....

A four year old started strangling me cuz he wanted my Dave and Busters Card, and after a while, it got annoying, I pushed him off while three of my friends were there, and he started crying. Awkward...

Man, I have too many to count! Um....

One that will always stick out is my first fall from a horse, back in middle school. I rode frequently and that time I was with a friend, we decided to race across this stretch of meadow.... And I fell off. Into a bush. And my horse took off the opposite way, back towards the stables. That was definitely awkward, since I was supposed to be the more experienced rider. And then while I was walking back (since I had no horse) a guy came by and asked "weren't you on a horse a few minutes ago?" .... Yeah, awkward!

When I'm alone, I tend to talk to myself, and say very stupid/absurd things. Mostly it's a self-developed mechanism for venting my brain when I feel like my PDD is getting a bit overwhelming.

Cue doing this venting at work, as I'm grabbing ice. I thought I was along, too bad a cute co-worker of mine overheard me.

I swear my cheeks could have melted the ice, from how red they got.

Edited by Lore_Master

Many times... Anyway right now I remember that:

The second time I met my byfriend's little sister, she called me "mum" and came to hug me. Of course she was teasing me, because sometimes I behave like mother to others. She kept doing that all day, but the first time was so... awkward, I mean what the ...? huh.gif

Well, I've had tons. but most of them are along one topic. I say something really stupid then people start giving me these looks... its terrible DX

Ohhh, Lore_Master, I talk to myself at work too. Mainly it's a coping skill against my anxiety.

Often I'll be mumbling to myself over whatever story I happen to be writing at the time, basically just plotting out loud.... Which is usually fine because I only do it when I'm alone. Or when I think I'm alone. I think my exact sentence was "well I need to know how she really feelings about Allison because she's already set in motion this screwed up plan of getting her girlfriend and Allison to admit their feelings for each other..." .... And my co-worker had walked in. Awkward!!

Once during a swim meet, I was trying to climb out of the pool, but I fell back in. Everyone was watching me. sad.gif

Also, once my friend and I started arguing about whether or not robots had genders. So, at math class, I yelled to my other friend, "Robots don't have genders!"

Glad I'm not the only one that vents by talking to myself. happy.gif;

This one time when I was in junior high, I was sitting by the window on the bus and I was annoyed about something (can't remember what), so I started muttering to myself. Didn't realize the two people sitting next to me could hear me until they started chuckling.

My awkward-est moment was...

Well, I had dance class one day, and everyone knows I'm a shy girl, and I barely say anything at all, and if I do, it's always very low and quiet. and everyone knew each other already, so they never talked to me. :\ One day, a huge conversation came up about books, and I shocked them all by saying, "I'm a writer, and I love poetry. I've read so many books, I can't even count them all. I joined NaNoWriMo, so I was actually writing my first book last November. It was really fun."

And then they all stared at me like I was crazy. Nobody said anything until at least a minute passed.

Well, I like to dance to music when I'm by myself, so one some one walks into my room unannouced, I stop and get really red ohmy.gif

I accidentally video-called my male friend on skype while I had no shirt on .-. Fortunately, I hung up before he answered, but gods that would have been awkward xd.png

All the times I've accidentally called my teachers "Mom". Or last month when I'm halfway through a sentence to my friend and realize I called her "Mrs.".

A few years ago I was at the pool and I nearly walked into the men's locker room by accident... and bumped into a guy comming out. Boy was my face red.

Opening the door on a male friend while he was using the restroom. We both had the deer-caught-in-headlights look. lol I closed the door as quickly as I could, but it was rather awkward.

My ENTIRE EXISTENCE is one big awkward moment.

I'm really easily embarrassed so if I make the slightest slip-up I never ever forget it and think about it at night when I'm trying to sleep and it makes me extremely upset and i avoid anyone who saw or was part of said awkward moment in fear that they will judge me forever for it

so yeah i have too many to count

Edited by Switch

I was dealing with a casualty who had so impressively dislocated his kneecap I would have got a photograph of it to use for training purposes if I had a camera to hand. I was kneeling beside him for about half an hour administering pain relief and finally had to stand up myself. Without thinking I went "Ohh, my knee," as I stood up.

The look I got made me blush. And I never blush.

Just thought of another one; trying to look up the index in a dictionary.

Edited by Kestra15

I have way too many (*pokes title*) but this is the one that always sticks out for me... I have a lot of textbooks and folders, and my bag (then) was a one-shoulder, pretty large but more fashion-y bag (rather than a practical school bag). I live in a big city and I was crossing the road - where a lot of people cross the road - and my bag's strap broke, so I had to hold my bag by scrunching up the top of the bag and then hold the strap in the other hand. It looked like I was about to whip someone. :<

Another one was where I was doing a project about Leonhard Euler and I was talking about him to my friend beforehand (via IM). Throughout the entire conversation, I was calling him 'Leohnard Euler' and telling her about all his accomplishments, etc. I gave her the URL to his Wiki page and then realised he was called Leonhard Euler. X3

A teacher of mine once called me Moses for a whole period on accident.

Fell asleep at a friend's house, face-first into my eggs 'n bacon. Wow that was akward.

Talking about something embarrassing loudly over cafeteria noise, then whole cafeteria falls silent while still talking. <<<worst one yet for me

Talking about something embarrassing loudly over cafeteria noise, then whole cafeteria falls silent while still talking. <<<worst one yet for me

^Done that more times than I could count. Gets worse when someone across the cafeteria goes "Oh really? Do tell more!" :/

Another one would be when my friend and I were walking around town. He ran across the street and I stopped. A car drove past with the windows down. Three guys were in it. One of them whistled to me while the other on the other side yelled to him across the street: "Mighty fine girlfriend you have! Mind if I take her!?" before they sped off. That's awkward because we're not dating... and yet still (even though he's dating someone else) everyone in my city thinks we are ..... which makes it even more awkward when people you don't know walk up to you and ask if you are.

Another would have to be when I was teaching my friend to climb a tree (different friend) and she asked if I could show her how to get up this one scraggly tree. It had tons of easy branches to it pretty much was a 'walk-up'. One of them broke though, right as I was about to put my hand on it. It hit me in the head and I fell on top of her. Apparently I was out for 4 minutes before she got me to wake up. She thought I had died but didn't call an ambulance or the police or anyone.... I consider that awkward.

My entire life is an awkward moment.

In gym the most I guess since my awkwardness makes me not want to be forced to work out in front of other people. Not to mention most of my class was jocks.

Oh and in middle school we had a pool, that was a nightmare.

I'm considered the "shy girl" so classes are so awkward. No one wants to sit next to me, when I talk people laugh at me. ugh.

Oh dear Gods.

OK a while back my roommate Damian had his at the time Girlfriend over. They did not know I was awake and were getting... very intimate on the couch... I was trapped in the bathroom for about 3 hours. I did not know how to deal with it and when face to face with her blurted out "You have a lovely voice" and nearly died.

at a con a few weekends ago my friend and I go in a wrestle-tussle and I ended up pinning him down and straddling him in my underwear

... then our room mates walked in

The other day I was talking to a girl about puberty (IKR?), well, just read this:

Me: Everything is different when you're done with puberty.

Her: Like your period?

Me: I dunno, I'm a guy.

*Long awkward pause*

Her: Oh yeah. Guys wouldn't know.