SilveryKit

Awkward moments

The awkward moment when you fart in a swimming pool and bubbles come up and you do flips to hide them then they smell... BAD.

So here you are, talking to someone gloriously attractive and then they tell you your zipper's down. Then there's snorting at someone's joke and having snot spew out of your nose... Ack.

When I bought cell phone, I want to send text message to myself. So I typed something (Don't try to know what it was)and I send it. And someone whose phone number is same as mine except one number replyed.

I live in a small town (in Norway), and people usually don't lock their bikes around here. However, my brother had his bike stolen twice, so I'm not taking any chances. I lock my bike, even though I only have a small errand somewhere, and will be right back ...

Sooo, a few weeks ago, I was going to mail a letter and pick up a few things at the store. I was lost in thought, trying to remember what I was going to buy, when this bloke suddenly spoke to me as I was locking my bike. He was a biking tourist, so my brain made the instant connection that he had to be an English-speaking-foreign-guy. Which he, of course, turned out not to be, but my brain didn't pick up on that quickly enough, as I was so surprised at suddenly being spoken to. It went something like:

Me: *locking bike*

Guy (in Danish): Oh, so you do lock your bike around here? (Wondering if he should do the same)

Me (in English): I do, just in case, you know

Guy (switched to English, because of my stupid blunder): Aren't you from around here then?

Me: (In Norwegian): Eh, well, hem, yees.. I am Norwegian ..

Guy: *looking at me all confused, but locking his bike all the same*

Me: *flees*

But naturally he was shopping in the same store as me, so we kept running into each other. Awkwaaard xd.png I'm so glad I'll probably never meet this fellow again!

Well umm... the time i got my foot stuck in an aircraft tow bar is high on the blindingly awkward list of my life.

I was a new mechanic on the Navy's version of the blackhawk and was sent to the rear of the ship where the office was to get something for the helio that was going to land, fuel, get this thing from me, then go. As I'm going from to the forward positions from the office with the dingle-hopper in hand this monstrously huge helio starts to land mid deck. I can't look away. Its massive and had the aerodynamics of a cinder block... and the rotor wash is hurricane force when landing/ taking off. So I gape at this monstrosity still ambling forward, without noticing that i'm actually going diagonally away from it. Until i step onto a stowed tow bar. The tow bar is really two 4 by 4 metal planks that is 15 feet long and has a hinge to connect the 2 planks on one end and pins to connect to an Aircraft wheel on the other. I stepped on it near the middle and my foot got wedged between the 2 planks and was stuck.

I fell on my butt and flailed like a fish and I couldn't shout for help... the helicopter downed out all noise. I had to wait for the thing to land and be unloaded then take back off, a little over an hour before i could get anyone to let me go.

I can't say it's the MOST awkward moment I've been through, but it was pretty recent and pretty dang awkward....

Well my boyfriend and I just went to the state fair a couple weeks ago. We were walking through one of the buildings when I saw some cash fall out of this guy's back pocket. He had long black curly hair with a straw hat on his head. So I quickly snatched the cash and ran after him yelling "Sir! Sir!"

Well, he turned around, but HE was a SHE. I handed her her cash back. She seemed pretty greatful, but I still felt REALLY bad for calling her a dude >_>

When I try to give input during my parents conversations and for the life of me, I can't speak or think of the right words to use. Like, I know the words, but I can't say them.

What's worse is that the conversations are in spanish ... and I'm hispanic.

Met some online people at Supanova expo and my friend ditched me with them. They wouldn't stop talking...and I'm that type of person who isn't very social.

My very existence is an awkward moment.

Take when I just joined the Internet, at the age of about 8. Pure phaggotry.

Edited by AwesoMan30000

Oh man.... There are far too many to count- and even more that I don't even realize were awkward because of my Asperger's. But I'll go ahead and share one that is super awkward and embarrassing for me, and the most recent awkward moment for me.

Back in middle school when all the kids were walking to their next class I was behind this group of older girls, and one of them was wearing a super short skirt. In my mind I was thinking that it wasn't long enough, and when I spoke I tried to say "Your skirt is too short" but it ended up coming out "Your skirt is too long" They stared at me and it was really awkward and so embarrassing! I quickly hid my face and ran the rest of the way to class. Worse part is after a few months I saw her again at a school dance and she and her friends taunted me by saying "You were right, it was too short" and laughed at me and I left '^'

And the most recent awkward moment was at the animal shelter I volunteer at. I was in one of the cat rooms, spending some time with the little kittens and a new addition still in their solitary cage (new cats are always kept in this large 5'x3'x2' two level cage until we are sure they are healthy/old enough to join the other cats, and when ready they roll the cage into the room and keep it closed for the first day or two so they can all get used to the scents. then they open the cage for a day, and the next day the cage is removed and cleaned). Well, as I was doing this I didn't notice one of the cats climbing onto the shelving behind me, and it surprised me by jumping onto my back. I quickly bent over so the cat wouldn't slide and claw my back and she decided to lie down! And then one of the more "clingy" kittens decided to climb my leg and join her! So I had two cats just lounging on my back, I'm doubled over and the other volunteers in the room across from me were laughing hysterically at this. Certainly didn't come and offer to take the cats off me.

Edited by Cecona

^ Yeah, animals aren't as intelligent as humans, we all know that.

Like when a bumblebee tries to get into our living room, it gives itself brain damage by trying to fly through the giant window. It makes real annoying noises.

Yes, I also have aspbergers.

Oh you do? Have you done something you didn't realize was not acceptable? Like, in middle school I tended to keep all my stuff with me (I never used a locker even though I was given one) and I used this schoolwork organizer briefcase thing instead. Well, instead of carrying it and making my arm tired I tended to balance it on my head. I didn't know it was weird to other people. And there was also a time where when I first started getting into anime and stuff that I would wear those cat ear headbands to school. I would also hiss at people that pissed me off. All the teachers were insistent I was doing it for attention, but honestly I was doing it because I wanted to and didn't know it wasn't a social norm.

Yeah, I also like balancing heavy things on my head. (Shame hair isn't like hands biggrin.gif)

Haha! Well with good enough balance who needs hands?

I was working the admissions register at my local pool (Woo hoo, summer jobs) and a woman came up that I thought was a teenager, so I asked "One teenager?", as customary.

Turns out she was an adult.

Edited by SuicideMachine

I was working the admissions register at my local pool (Woo hoo, summer jobs) and a woman came up that I thought was a teenager, so I asked "One teenager?", as customary.

Turns out she was an adult.

She probably took that as a compliment.

That awkward moment, when you go for a handshake, and the other person goes for a bro hug.

Welcome to my daily occurrence.

This one time it was my second day at work on my first job ever, I was having a very heavy monthly. Needless to say I sneezed and made a mess and had to ask my boss if I could go home to change my clothes. I won't go into any more detail than that, but thankfully it didn't hurt my job opportunity as I was kept on after the season ended(I had been hired as seasonal help).

This one time it was my second day at work on my first job ever, I was having a very heavy monthly.  Needless to say I sneezed and made a mess and had to ask my boss if I could go home to change my clothes.  I won't go into any more detail than that, but thankfully it didn't hurt my job opportunity as I was kept on after the season ended(I had been hired as seasonal help).

Omg, that is the worst thing. Ever. I'm glad it didn't mess with your job. <3

I always find it kind of awkward when someone tries to hold my cat when I'm not around and he flies off the handle in their arms ( usually cutting them up pretty bad. ) and the moment I regain control of the situation by holding him myself, he just completely shuts down and is the sweetest little angel. For me it's kind of a " So, uh.. sorry about that back there." moment, lmao! Maus really only get attached to one or two people, so. Usually I can explain this over treating their wounds and they completely understand. Even still, I know I'd kind of be baffled by a cat who tried to kill me ( screeching and the whole nine yards! ) becoming so sweet the very second he was in the owner's hands. Like.. what did I do? XD

Walking through a hallway and forgot something. I then turned around and bumped to soemone. >.<

I have lots of awkward moments, mainly due to me being anxious in society and struggling with interaction. I also have unusual hiccups that occur randomly and in odd patterns, independent of food intake. They are extremely loud and startling to innocent bystanders. >.<

I was talking to one of my friends at school, then this really tall guy slams into me, knocking both of us to the ground with him on top of me (Really awkward because I'm really short and he's huge)

he was just there, staring at me o.O

My friend laughed at me the whole day -.-