guy person

The Forgotten Island

user posted image

Aurase giggled as Volter dove into the fish without hesitation, squealing as he finished off his half in a few ravenous gulps. "Hey, leave some for me!" Grateful when the Thunder hatchling left the other half of the silver fish for her, she smiled and crouched down, swallowing her bites slowly and deliberately chewing them laboriously. She laughed out loud and finished off the fish, swiping a pink tongue around our jaws. "Now what?" she murmured, looking up at Volter with deep brown eyes. "Should we find the others?"

When Volter looked at her, he almost felt a small tingle... it was probably just his sparks. Nothing out of the ordinary. He shrugged it off and replied, "If you want to. I'm just not one for big crowds."

Linden sat down besides the two of them, chewing on the arm of the creature. It seemed that they had caught a small silver thing, that had fins instead of legs. She believed that it was called a fish. Her first catch tasted good, but she didn't enjoy the slimy texture of the skin.

"Do you know what this is called?" she asked the two of them, holding the slimy creature up, its long legs dangling.

user posted image

Aurase barely heard Linden's words, she was caught in the Thunder hatchling's steady gaze as he looked at her. She held Volter's piercing, searching gaze for a few silent moments, then looked away as if he had shocked her with his lightning, blushing fiercely with a tiny smile playing on her lips. During those tense heartbeats, the young Black Capped Teimarr had felt a sensation of longing, a strong pull...of something. Aurase let out a small intake of breath, forcing herself to look at Volter in the eyes once again. The fiery light was gone, but now she felt something else. She blushed again and turned, speaking to Linden. "Is that a...frog? I've never seen it before." Without listening for a response, she leaned over to whisper into Volter's ear. "Do you want to take a short stroll into the forest?

Edited by SpiritWolfe

Iktria sat up up slowly, all the other dragons had decided to hunt, but she had remained quiet so as not to upset them, but when Linden held up the slimy thing she could not help it any longer, "Why are killing them?" She asked, and then she realized what was going on and began to whimper, "I'm sorry, but could you avoid eating them in front of me? I can leave if you want." She remembered the question from earlier and turned to Linden, who had asked it, "Do you know somewhere warm? Then I could go there and leave you guys alone." Edited by MasterWeavile898

(Somethings off,) was the only thing Volter could think of when Aurase looked at him. Her cheeks became a bright red and all he could do was watch as something about her changed. He couldn't tell what, but he could see it in her eyes. He told her confused, "What about getting back to the others? Besides, we can't just wander off when we have no idea what lives beyond those trees... you might also have a fever." He touched her forehead with his paw and it was really warm.

Troulce sat and listened as the hatchlings wandered about. They were by no means quiet, and he could even pick out parts of the conversation by the shore. Deciding to go to the forest, since many others seemed to be doing so as well, Troulce looked for something to kill. He stalked amongst the trees, his sharp green eyes noticing every detail. Eventually, he came upon a set of tracks, and began to follow it. After stalking the trail for about five minutes, Troulce saw something brown, small, and furry. It was nibbling on something green, and seemed unaware of his presence. Troulce tensed his legs, and leaped. He grabbed the creature by the neck with his mouth, and bit down, killing it instantly. As he began to eat, Troulce realized that he was actually quite hungry.

user posted image

"Yes, right." Aurasi snapped irritably, but immediately regretted her cruel words the second they came tumbling out. They were harsher than she had intended, and she flinched inwardly. Lowering her dark brown gaze, she murmured, "I'm sorry, Volter. You're right about getting back to the others." She took a deep breath, not knowing where to look. Anywhere, Aurasi. Anywhere but at Volter! As the Thunder hatchling touched her forehead with his paw she looked up tentatively, gazing straight into his warm eyes.

"Okay," Linden said, placing the frog behind a tree for later meals. Maybe Iktria was one of those hatchlings who were not meat eaters. "You don't have to leave, but the warm spot is over there. I'll show you."

Linden pointed to a rock a few distances away. She quickly walked in that direction, not as a guide, but as someone noticing that Aurase and Volter might want to be alone. They were staring into each other's eyes with strange expressions on their faces. Maybe both of them had an illness, whether it was a fever or something that caused peculiar behavior.

Volter looked at her as he dropped his paw. There was something going on with her... he just couldn't figure it out... "It's okay. We'll head back to the others and get settled in. Maybe we can do that stroll tomorrow if you really want to."

Iktria was able to balance properly and slither after Linden, "Thank you for being nice to me, all the others were mean to me, do you know why we are all able to talk?" Iktria hoped this creature would keep being nice to her.

user posted image

"Sure. Oh, no, we don't have to have the walk." Aurase added quietly, her mouth curving into a small frown as she noticed Linden making her way away from them. "Let's go!" She heaved herself to her paws with renewed energy, burying the remains of the fish under the fine, pale sand. She smiled - although with a tinge of sadness - at Volter, beckoning to him with her golden-scaled tail to follow her. She scampered a few paces ahead, calling over her shoulder, "Let's find the others!"

Silently he followed her a few paces back. Her emotions were changing a lot, it was odd. Volter could call her a friend by now, but he thought of something, is there something more?

Despite following Linden, Iktria had been watching Aurase and Volter over her shoulder, "What is wrong with them?" She wondered. And then it hit her, not what was wrong with them, Linden back, Iktria had run right into her, "Oh! I'm sorry." Iktria began to cry, "You probably hate me now, like all the others."

user posted image

Aurase skidded to a stop as she realized that Volter wasn't going to run along with her, side by side. Well, you can't expect him to do that all the time! She trotted at a slower pace, waiting for him to catch up. His eyes were distracted, as if her were thinking of something else. "Are you okay, Volter?" The Black Capped Teimarr hatchling was keenly aware of Iktria watching them.

Alatum walked over to the spot Cerise had indicated, and absentmindedly nibbled at the grass.

He shook his head as she started talking, "What? Oh, yeah I'm fine. Just wasn't expecting to do this much on our first day." He caught up to her and started walking. "No rush, right?˝

user posted image

Aurase smiled softly, looking up into Volter's face with bright eyes. "Right. No rush." she murmured before bounding over to join Iktria and Linden. "Heys guys!" she greeted them, hoping that they hadn't overheard their conversation. "Want to find the other hatchlings?" She turned her head and sniffed the air, hoping that they didn't have to travel far to find them. Her tiny, golden-scaled legs were sore enough already.

"What?" Linden exclaimed in confusion. "Why would I hate you?" She became worried as the hatchling began to cry. "I'm sure you're misinterpreting it. I don't think everyone hates you. Why would they?" Truthfully, Linden was aware that there were some hatchlings did not have the best relationship with Iktria. She did not have an opinion. However, hate seemed stronger than dislike, so her statement was correct. Linden gave a small wave to Aurase, then turned back to the crying hatchling. Edited by Darklight

(OCC: I'm surprised that I'm not actually interacting with anyone very much... If I want Dabberjack to have a mate, and i do, then I should start interacting with others....)

Dabberjack had finished eating his squirrel and took a whiff of the air. he pinpointed their locations as if he were a GPS. he half waddled half walked over to the largest group of them.

"Because no one wants to be around me." Iktria sniffled, "And some of them were mean to me. They don't understand me," Iktria sniffled harder, "no one understands me." Iktria did not want this creature to start yelling at her, so she tried to calm down. Suddenly she felt silly and just stopped, "Let's go back to the cave." She got up and began slithering back the way they had come.

The dragon awoke, "Where am I?" It thought, "I must escape." It closed its eyes and concentrated, when it opened them they began to glow, suddenly, the egg around it shattered. "I am free." It thought triumphantly, but then its spirits fell, "Now what?"

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Volter watched Aurase prance over to the others... ever time she looked into his eyes, he could feel a spark of electricity arc inside his body. Once again, the reason why was unknown. Maybe it was her brown eyes, they seemed like they engulfed him into her. It was an odd feeling. He looked into a puddle at himself. All blue with yellow eyes... nothing new. But Volter felt that others could see him differently than he could see himself.

Dabberjack looked at the others "whats going on?" he asked no one in particular.

Edited by guy person

(OCC: I'm actually not sure, I haven't read the past two pages... but he is at the group that Aurase was at, he apparently "missed some stuff while eating"...)