guy person

The Forgotten Island

user posted image

The little Ridgewing inched backwards a little. So many hatchlings...and they all have names? Did she have a name?

"I'm...I'm..." she paused.

"I'm Stars Galaxy," she finally said as that was the first thing that came to mind. She decided that the hatchlings looked friendly enough.

"Where are we?" she asked.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

((Sorry masterwevile))

Lydia just looked at the speckle throated and said "Didn't you here me correctly? I said that I DON'T bite." Lydia then went over too the new hatchling. "Hi my name is Lydia and you are in a cave. If you'd looked around then you would not have asked that silly question."

"Ah!" Sparsus cried again, "I'm sorry." He said quickly, "I am easily spooked I guess, and there is a lot going on, and I just threw this one and then everyone shows up and you're asking questions and, and I'm confused." He took a breath, "Maybe I should let you guys sort stuff out while I calm down, just be careful not to spook me.

(OOC: NP, Sparsus is easy to write for, every time someone says something scream and tell them your life's story.)

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Troulce was hunting in the forest when he saw a fox. It was almost as large as he was, and could hurt him if he wasn't careful. Even so, Troulce looked at is as a challenge. Tensing his muscles, he aimed for the fox's head. Troulce leapt at the fox, and managed to slash at its side before he tumbled farther. He had miscalculated, and thus sprained one of his legs from the fall. Troulce winced in pain as he got back up to face the fox. He watched as the fox narrowed its eyes and growled, then lunged at him. Troulce ducked, and swiped at the fox's underbelly as it flew over his head. Turning around, Troulce lunged on more time, and bit the fox in the neck. He had succeeded, but was injured. He had sprained one of his legs and the fox had bitten him in another. Picking the corpse up in his maw, Troulce slowly limped back. Looking up at the sky, Troulce noticed that the sun was getting lower in the sky. It was past noon, and would become dark in a matter of hours.

user posted image

Stars shrank back when Lydia spoke to her.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't know what a cave was before you mentioned it," she apologised. She fidgeted around awkwardly. Why did she feel so bad about upsetting Lydia? It was just a little mistake, after all...

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Sparsus jumped to her defense, "Yeah, I did not know what a cave was before you mentioned it either, you should be more careful with what you say." He continued the sentence in his head, "Idiot." He faced Star, "it's fine, you need not apologize, it's not like you attacked her out of fear." He really felt bad about that.

Lydia was annoyed, why can't these dragons use their brains. "I'm sorry I upset you." said Lydia in her sweetest voice to Star. Lydia went to the back of the cave and sat down.

Troulce limped back to the cave. Seeing a new hatchling, he put down the fox's carcass in a little rut, and lay down. Hello, he said to the Ridgewing. I am Troulce. What is your name? Troulce was doing what he could to mask the pain, and was attempting to be more social. After all, he couldn't bring down larger prey if nobody trusted him enough to help him. Edited by Shibadruid

user posted image

Aurase kept silent as the arguing hatchlings glared at each other, snapping and snarling at each other angrily. Deciding not to interfere, she began to back away, but didn't get far before she noticed a wounded Alt Black hatchling struggling into the cave, dragging with him some large creature with a bushy red coat. She uttered a shrill squeak of horror and scrambled to Troulce's side, casting a terrified glance to Volter over her shoulder. "A-Are you o-okay?" she stammered, peering at the wounds that were oozing a sticky, crimson liquid. Blood.

user posted image

Stars nodded awkwardly to Lydia as she walked off. She looked at another black hatchling who came limping out.

"Hi, I'm Stars Galaxy..." Her voice trailed off when she noticed that he seemed to be injured. Aurase noticed it too and she asked him about it.

"...What she said." Stars didn't think that she needed to repeat the question.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Troulce nodded, grimacing. I'll live, he said, but if anyone here is a healer, I'd appreciate the help. That fox that I just dragged in got some scratches in, Troulce explained. I guess I feel like I'm supposed to fight. It just feels ... natural. In any case, if you need food, don't hesitate to eat part of the fox. It'll do no good if it just sits there and rots. *argh* Troulce lay back down again.

user posted image

Aurase smiled shyly at Stars Galaxy, grateful that she wasn't the only one who was concerned about Troulce. "Healer?" she repeated, suddenly feeling some sixth sense kicking in. Heal. Heal. Heal. The word echoed in her head, and she let her paws and voice do the work, as if they had a mind of their own. "Alright, I'll need some water soaked in moss to clean off the wound. We'll also need some leaves to create a bandage for his scratches; we don't want them to get infected." Aurase paused and took a deep breath, her bright eyes scanning the cave for the things she needed. She had never had this feeling before, a sense of importance and urgency. Spotting a mossy boulder in one corner of the cave, she scuttled busily towards it, tearing off a large wad of moss. "Water, water." she murmured under her breath. "Stars, can you bring this moss to the river and soak it in the river please?"

Edited by SpiritWolfe

((OOC: Like my new avatar?))

Troulce nodded in thanks. There's a small stream just in the forest, Troulce added in an attempt to help, it'll be faster to get to, and much safer than sea-water. Troulce lay his head on his paws, an closed his eyes, trying to ignore the pain.

Things were happening too fast, even for Volter. All these hatchlings... suddenly a wounded one. Aurase's wound that came our of nowhere. He decided that helping Aurase deal with the Black was the best course of action. He stood at attention and waited for a command. Anything she told him to do, he would fetch it or apply pressure, etc.

(OCC: AWESOME, shiba that avatar is AWESOME)

One dragon getting water is good, but two is better Thought Dabberjack. He looked at Troulce and said "I'll also get some water" Dabberjack quickly waddled over to a mossy boulder and tore off as much moss as he could hold and waddled out of the cave down to the stream.

"I can help!" Sparsus piped up, "Can you tell me how you were injured?" He realized that the other dragon might just want to do it them self and spoke to them, "If your okay with me helping that is."

Cerise nodded at his answer, but wasn't satisfied. As he walked away to hunt, she returned to Alatum still wondering about the animals. "Why are the animals staring at me?" She asked Alatum who was idly nibbling on the grass. She cut a blade to try it. She spat it out in slight disgust. It had a weird texture and it's juices tasted funny. Instead, she walked to a tree seeming to be nothing but pink blossoms in the place of green leaves.

She plucked a small red fruit from it and ate all but the stem. Delicious, she thought. She gazed into the distance to see Troulce dragging a fox, the same one that she had seen gawking at her. "Oh." she said sadly.

Iktria slithered back into the cave, someone was hurt or something andshe was just going to stay out of it, but the chubby blue dragon was there so she decided to go help him, "What are you doing?" She asked, "I mean obviously Aurase is hurt, but how can I help?"

user posted image

"Oh, okay," Stars said, taking the moss from Aurase in her mouth. She padded quickly into the forest. She was a little afraid that she was going to get lost at first but she soon found the stream and dipped the moss into it. She then followed her pawsteps back to the cave.

"Here are the moss," she dropped the moss onto the ground.

~~~

user posted image

The dark was the first thing she ever saw when she opened her eyes.

The second thing she saw? Light. As soon as she headbutted her way out of her egg, the light took the little Flamingo Wyvern by surprise.

And the third thing? Others. Hatchlings, just like her. After blinking and getting used to the light, the hatchling looked around. Other hatchlings. She felt like she needed a name. What was a name? Something that others call you by? Right. So what was her name?

Cream Paler. That had a nice ring to it. That would be her name.

Cream took in her surroundings. One hatchling was injured. She shrugged. She felt awkward. Everyone seemed to be busy and she didn't feel like introducing herself suddenly out of the blue.

She didn't like feeling awkward.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

((OOC: what were they originally going to talk about again?))

Alatum looked up from grazing as he heard Cerise.

"I'm not sure. You are kinda shiny, and a lot of animals like shiny things." He said.

((OOC: I just thought of something. Any of the dragons could see Alatum as an animal and try to eat him. I am suddenly very afraid for my character.))

"Maybe." she muttered. "I'm going to be right back. Since we're all hatching right now, there must be some new hatchlings." She walked gracefully to the cave and saw two new hatchlings. She went up to the pale one because the other seemed to be busy. Before she did, she picked up the corpse of the fox. "Hello." She greeted in a silvern voice with the fox still in her mouth. She set it down in front of the other. "I'm Cerise, what's your name? Did you just hatch?" She asked. She meant to clear her throat, but it came out as a melodious note. "Excuse me." She apologized, blushing.

((I don't remember, I think they were just going to chat idly, but Cerise wants to make more friends biggrin.gif ))

Holmar opened his eyes, and saw pitch blackness. This scared him, so he lashed out at it instinctively. He heard a cracking noise, which almost scared him more than the darkness. Turning around, he could see snaking lines of light quite close to him. Holmar clawed at that same spot until he made a hole, and stepped out. Looking at where he used to be imprisoned, he realized that it was just an egg. Wow, I can't believe I didn't figure that out, Holmar thought to himself. Looking around, he could see that the other hatchlings were busy, so he kept to himself.

She turned around at the noise of something cracking. A purple hatchling stepped out, looking fearful until it saw it's own egg. She wanted to greet him, but she didn't want to scare him. She made sure to catch his eye before walking up to him. Her scales began to glow at the excitement of making a new friend. "Hello, I'm Cerise. I see you have just hatched?" She asked in that graceful voice of hers. She turned around at the soft tapping of a squirrel. It seemed to be blushing as it stuck it's hands that were full of nuts out. It was a gift for her. She softly took the nuts out of it's hands and nuzzled it softly. She started blushing when she finally realized why everything stared in awe at her. It wasn't just because she was shiny as Alatum or Troulce said; she must be beautiful to them. She wondered if others thought her beautiful too. She tried not to think much of it. Edited by Onixthebunny1

Dabberjack soaked his bundle of moss and raced back to Aurase "Here" his voice was muffled because of the moss.

Holmar was confused, and wasn't sure what to say. H-h-hi. My n-name is H-Holmar. He inwardly chided himself for speaking like that. Great, now she thinks that you stutter when you speak. Good going, Holmar. He slunk away, and turned to the other Ridgewing he had seen. Hello, Holmar said more confidently, I'm Holmar. What's going on?