guy person

The Forgotten Island

user posted image

The unhatched Black Capped Teimarr squirmed restlessly in her egg, attempting to break free. She had never experienced this feeling of longing, and she writhed violently in her confinement, feeling as if her lungs would burst if she was stuck in her egg an longer. Aurase thrust out powerfully with her legs, creating a small puncture in the shell of the teal egg. Light burst through the crack, and Aurase blinked her eyes against the harsh brightness. With another buck of her tiny body, the egg cracked with a sharp snap!, and she tumbled out into the light of the day. She blinked again, coughing as she struggled to heave herself into a sitting position. She looked around in awe, murmuring, "What is this place? Where am I?" The Black Capped Teimarr hatchling stumbled as she tried to walk, looking around with gleaming, deep brown eyes. Suddenly, she caught sight of another group of hatchlings, looking as if they had just hatched too. She staggered towards them and said, "Hi! Did you guys just hatch too?" Without waiting for an answer Aurase asked, "Where are we?"

The air in the cave felt like it gained a little static. A blue egg in the pile started to spark and sizzle as the hatchling inside began to break out of the egg. Anyone who got too close would be zapped enough to hurt but not injure.

user posted image

Aurase suddenly jumped in surprise as a sharp sizzling sound pierced the air, penetrating her sensitive ears. She whipped around, nearly forgetting about the other hatchlings, and peered cautiously at a dark blue egg with streaks of lightning sparking around it. She caught sight of an equally dark blue hatchling attempting to make it's way out of the egg, and she felt a pang of pity. The Black Capped Teimarr hatchling took a few hesitant steps towards the egg and realized - too late - that the flares of electricity would give you a shock if you got too close. Flinching, Aurase yelped, "Ouch!", and stumbled quickly away from the blue egg, eyeing it warily. She took a deep breath and called, "Hello? Anyone there?"

Edited by SpiritWolfe

The hatchling peered out the egg with a yellow eye to Aurase. She could hear a muffled voice, "Yeah... just give me a second to get out..."

Iktria's teeth were still chattering, "I'm Iktria, I think I am going to stay away from it for now." Iktria was able to get her jaw under control finally, "Thank you for not yelling at me right away." And then, for no apparent reason, Iktria fell over. Edited by MasterWeavile898

user posted image

Aurase strained to hear the Thunder hatchling's voice, leaning forward dangerously. "Oh, okay." She nodded and scrambled backwards, waiting for the hatchling to come out of it's egg. Suddenly she heard a new voice, and she turned to come face a young Skywing. "Hi Iktria, I'm Aurase." she murmured in greeting shyly, shifting uncomfortably on her haunches. Somehow, this Skywing hatchling's attitude got on her nerves. The Black Capped Teimarr shifted away from Iktria, getting out of the way just in time as she fell over. "Umm..." Aurase began, coughing quietly. "Err... Are you okay?"

With a few more zaps and sparkles, the hatchling was able to break out of his egg. All the electricity that was on the egg seemed to absorb into him as he sat there looking around. He said to himself, "This looks like a larger version of my egg... except it's colder..."

user posted image

Aurase, glad to have an excuse to move away from Iktria, shifted to the Thunder hatchling's side. She smiled warmly and introduced herself. "Hi, I'm Aurase! What's your name?" Without waiting for a response, the enthusiastic Black Capped Teimarr asked hesitantly, "Is-Is is okay to...touch you now?" She indicated with a flick of her slender golden tail to the sparks of lightning that writhed around Volter's body.

Edited by SpiritWolfe

"You're ... welcome?" Linden said, although she thought not yelling at someone was a task that didn't need a thank you for, and was obviously rude. The others didn't seem to like her very much, but she forgot why. A blue hatchling, another dragon, introduced herself, then Iktria fell over.

"Would you like some place warmer?" she asked Iktria, as she glanced around. Linden spotted a spot in the sand where bright rays of sunlight heated it. She waited to see if she needed any assistance. She turned to the hatchling, Aurase. "Excuse me, do you have a sickness?" she asked, a but concerned about her previous coughing. Perhaps newly hatched hatchlings were prone to illness.

Edited by Darklight

((She has large wings? I thought we just hatched.))

He was taken back from the sudden approach of this Black Cap. He then looked at himself noticing the sparks around him. He replied, "Wait a moment..." He calmed himself down and the sparks resided leaving only his blue body and yellow eyes. He then gave a small smile, "It should be safe now Aurase. I'm Volter."

user posted image

Aurase turned around as she heard a new voice, coming face to face with a pale grey Hippogriff foal. She shook her head quickly, feeling a rosy blush rising to her warm cheeks. "Oh, no, I'm fine." she responded to Linden and murmured, "It's just...just -" The Black Capped Teimarr frowned as her dark brown gaze traveled to Iktria, who was lying on the ground. "That." Aurase finished, shuffling her paws in the fine sand. She blushed more deeply, deciding to change the subject. "What's your name? Mine's Aurase, if you didn't hear before." She smiled sheepishly and nodded subtly to the Thunder hatchling. "Hi Volter!" She grinned as the lightning around his body subsided until he was safe to touch.

< Oops, I'll fix that! >

Edited by SpiritWolfe

Linden was confused for a moment. That was Iktria, but why would somebody cough because of her? "Nice to meet you Aurase," she said. She turned to the blue hatchling, who also introduced himself. "And hello Volter. I'm Linden. I think I'm named after a tall plant." Linden found it odd that she immediately named herself, and that she knew that about her name. She reminded herself to look for her plant later. Edited by Darklight

He nodded, "Yes... hello. I'm not really sure what's going on here." He began to talk to himself again, "Random hatchlings... and other things. We conveniently wake up around the same time, knowing how to talk and coming up with names on the spot... odd."

user posted image

Aurase noticed Linden's confused expression, and lowered her gaze in embarrassment. "Nice to meet you too, Linden." she murmured softly, her gaze traveling around the cave, which was lit by sunlight. She turned her attention to Volter, nodding with agreement. "Yes! Also, none of us have our parents." The Black Capped Teimarr had a glint of sorrow in her dark eyes. "Why are we here? What's happening? Are there others?"

Volter thought about it a little and then spoke up, "Well there must be others. There are more eggs around here. As for parents, I guess they would trust us to survive on our own. Each egg is different so my guess is that we are a collections of different families, so none of us are related. Why here and what's happening, Those I can't begin to guess... but I'm hungry..."

Linden thought about Volter's statements. At the mention of hunger, she noticed that she was hungry too.

"We could try catching a smaller animal in the rivers," she suggested, since she recalled that most of the hatched creatures do eat meat. "There might be a few wooded areas around. We'll have to get our own meal, since it's not provided."

user posted image

Aurase nodded, blinking as she looked around the cave for what seemed to be the first time. When she had first hatched, she had been looking for other hatchlings. Now, she realized that there were many, many eggs, all crammed into one cave. She stared to her shattered teal egg forlornly, hoping that their were others of her breed in the world. Breaking out of her trance, she turned back to Volter and Linden. "I'll go fishing in the rivers." Aurase declared determinedly. As a Black Capped Teimarr, it was an instinct for her to have an appetite for seafood. "Come on, let's go hunting then!" she called over her shoulder as she scampered over to the fast-flowing river on unsteady legs.

Edited by SpiritWolfe

Volter followed her at her pace. The exercise felt good and leaving the cave would be a nice change of scenery.

user posted image

Aurase giggled as Volter followed her out of the cave and caught up to her, running neck to neck. "Race you to the river!" she challenged, increasing her pace until the trees and plants that she bounded past went by in a blur. The Black Capped Teimarr hatchling laughed out loud as she headed swiftly over to the sparkling stream, which gleamed somewhat unnaturally in the bright sunlight.

Edited by SpiritWolfe

"Race you?" Volter laughed at the challenge. He knew that electricity wasn't just for show. His body started to spark and sizzle as he gained speed much faster than Aurase. In a quick flash, he bolted to the river. He then planted his heels down and skidded to a halt, centmeters from falling in the water. He panted, "That was close..."

user posted image

Aurase laughed in surprise as Volter sped in front of at such fast speeds that she was in awe. "Wow, Volter, that lightning can be useful sometimes, can't it?" She panted heavily as she caught up with him at the riverbank. She shoved him good-naturedly, but made sure it was gentle enough so that he didn't fall into the frigid, blue river. Suddenly, she caught sight of a bright flash of silver in the corner of her eye and dipped her paw in the cold water so quickly that she didn't even have time to blink. In a heartbeat, a small fish lay, writhing, in the sand, so Aurase killed it with a quick nip to the spine. "There. That'll do it." she declared, beaming with pride for her very first kill.

He smiled, "Thanks... and good job. I'm afraid that I might not mix well with water..."

Linden nodded, and headed to a different section of the river. After all, the prey would run off the three of them hunted in the same area. She trotted in the direction of the river, pleased that her balence had improved. She chose a place eight meters away from Aurase and Volter. Linden crouched on a rock, peering into the clear but running water. She saw nothing, except a few rocks hidden beneath a layer of sand. She then saw a movement close to a muddy area. Her eyes widened when the thing hopped. Her legs seemed to move on their own, and she chased after it. Linden wasn't sure how she changed from being behind the creature to been in front. But she did, and she slashed the creature while it was in midair. It flopped to the ground, and she picked it up, triumphant.

user posted image

Aurase grinned warmly, returning Volter's grateful smile. She eyed the sparks of lightning that were still flickering subtly around his dark blue body. "Thank you! And... Let's share, why not?" She smiled brightly, leaning over to take a mouthful out of the gleaming silver fish. "Mmm." she relished the taste of the fish, chewing carefully before swallowing. "It's good!" Aurase told Volter. "Just watch out for the bones." She whipped around in surprise as she heard a sudden thump. "Nice job, Linden!" Aurase called to the grey hippogriff, looking at the small creauture that was dangling lifelessly from her mouth.

Edited by SpiritWolfe

Volter took a bite and almost instantly went for more. "The is delicious!" He finished his half quickly but left the other half for her.