skyie

Anyone else like to play "Breeding Roulette"?

Yes, I do this with my rares.

I do this too but I make sure not to breed anything messy - jeeze! There are already a ton and a half of eggs on the AP with really crappy lineages, I don't need to be adding to the trash heap.

I do that regularly with nice even Gens (up to 8th Gen) and other nice lineages, often sending out Pinks, Reds, sometimes Metals too

I used to do it very often, now... meh. Almost never, but I still drop some "shinyfails" or just nicely lineaged things.

Once in a while, I go through the breedable Tinsels and let them auto-abandon. Same with 2nd gens from my Reds and, less often, other BSA dragons.

I sometimes let test breedings from a new pair go to the AP, but I would not drop anything that I would not want to find, so no messies and I don't inbreed anything, ever.

Do that sometimes with nice lineages. But a lot of eggs don't get picked up - or named. Which makes me sad.

i'll do this when i'm scroll locked and haven't bred some dragons in a while. mostly my Tins that i dont get requests on, my Reds and my Pinks. as well as my metals every now.

i might start doing 2G PBs of Blusangs / Nebulas / Gold Wyvrens and 2G hybrids

When I feel like it, I do this with my nice-lineaged Daydreams, and also other lines on occasion. smile.gif

Every so often, I breed all my nice lineaged Tinsels and drop the results. Sometimes I'll do some GWs or other pretty lineages too.

A while ago I started to hunt some more reds and noticed how much they are liked in the AP, so now I regularly breed my reds. Sometimes only the decent ones but messy ones are always picked up quickly too, even if maybe they're bounced back once or twice first. Incubate is just really useful even if the reds themselves aren't rare. Occasionally I breed others while locked too, pinks, or my soulpeace couples of which I already have a male and female to keep, other lineaged ones. But would love more lowtime reds, and judging from how quickly they are snapped up, I'm not the only one :-)

I do this too but I make sure not to breed anything messy - jeeze! There are already a ton and a half of eggs on the AP with really crappy lineages, I don't need to be adding to the trash heap.

Those aren't trash. :| Sometimes it's so difficult to find a messy lineaged dragon for freezing purposes.

I have really started preferring to drop into the AP with rares like golds since I have not even been getting a "thank you" when I glomp!

Hehe... yeah I do "ap-breedings", too. Every Friday - so this afternoon I'll add some nice stuff to the pile... rolleyes.gif

I usually lock my self with some nice stuff to grow over the weekend and then start breeding some even gens, metals, tinsels that auto-abandon. biggrin.gif

Always love to see when they appear in the 'great lineages' thread. wub.gif It's really awesome to know that others appreciate my 'drops'.

I like to play Breeding Roulette too, I just randomly breed my rares and add some shinies to the AP...

I do this almost every week with my tinsels and sometimes with my trios as well. I normally do not do breeding roulette with my true metallics, though, as I still don't have that many of them.

I did that with the Reds I had during the Birthday event, since - being new to the game myself - I knew how difficult it was to get them, and I got mine all from my friends, so wanted to give back to others

I did that a couple of times with Magis, too

for these two breeds I didn't worry about messy/inbred, since I know it's the BSA that's more important (AND I didn't have anything to continue the lineages as I was only starting out)

now I think I'll make that a habit every Friday for other breeds too, although I still try to "give back" to my friends directly too biggrin.gif

Edited by bb315

I usually do that with my Trios, first I breed the nicer lineages for gifting until I'm locked, then I keep breeding and let any other eggs go to the AP. Sometimes I also do it with BSA dragons.

It's really nice to find pretty lineages randomly on the AP. :3 I've sent some nice eggs to the AP lately, quite a few shimmer-kins since mine are being stubborn, but I should do that and give some of my other shinies a try now that I'm egg-locked.

I'd love to know where some of my dragons end up tongue.gif

I like to drop random pretties in the Cave, along with some BSA dragons like Shallow Water, Pink or Red. I like to drop some nice lineages in for people to find. smile.gif

Oooo, I do this all the time! Admittedly, it's partially because I really love seeing my stuff show up in the "Great Lineages Found in the AP" thread laugh.gif, but I also just like throwing nice things to the AP and seeing if people gave them nice names later.

I alternate between breeding my lineaged metallics (including my tinsels and a few high-gen shimmers), my lineaged trios (and very rarely my CB trios), my pinks and reds (because who doesn't need more of those?) and my other 'interesting' EG or stair/arrow lineages.

All the fun. xd.png

Breeding 'roulette' as in don't be picky about who gets bred with whom?

Not on your life! I've picked up too many really really REALLY dog-ugly-lined eggs in the AP to do that. I like to abandon good things to the AP, so tend to pick and choose mates because every time I get arrogant and think I know which dragon is which gen I'm wrong and end up with a D-U-L egg to have to dump. I also try not to breed any more AP blockers.