ChocolateIzzy

Gems and Crystals!

wait wait wait... Labradorites aren't gems? (or crystals xd.png )

ah so the are some type of rock >_< I want a labradorite crystal on my bedside table, and everyday I'd look at it in the morning, and think, (when the labradorite shines the most) 'this will be the brightest day I've had' smile.gif

Most crystals form during the cooling process in igneous rocks (although some can be found in metamorphic rocks, or formed through the precipitation of fluids). The crystals people commonly think of are the large crystelline structures which have very specific atomic structures (a 'crystal' of any kind is defined by it's microscopic atomic structure). Labradorite is a variety of Feldspar (technically a crystelline igneous mineral) that is listed as a gemstone, but is not frequently recognised as such by the general population.

/geology lesson.

Edit to add: Incidently Moonstones and Sunstones are also varieties of Feldspar.

Edited by TikindiDragon

^ thanks! So they are gemstones/crystals hmm interesting! (interesting part of how crystals form xd.png )

You mean I have to pick just one??? I've loved gemstones since forever. When we went to the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum, for those of you that don't know), I'd spend hours looking at the stones.

I have a huge collection now, and I even use them in jewellery making. I like moonstone, ruby, and obsidian. I also adore rainbow aura. But I think my favorite is lithium quartz. It's a beautiful milky purple colour:

user posted image

I found of piece of quarts outside among the many rocks in our backyard :> It fits perfectly into my necklace.

Oh no!! How did that happen?! Those are my favorite they are so glittery and beautiful.

The Aurora Borealis Gemstone is my favorite, it is so colorful and pretty, just like the lights that it was named after, the Auroras.

London blue topaz is my favorite. The dark blue color is just gorgeous!

I also love opals, diamonds, and peridot.

My favorites are emeralds, ruby's, and diamonds. Etc. I get obsessed with many gems. I like to eat them.

Ha cute

I'm much like the proverbial magpie in that I absolutely love shiny little treasures, and gemstones are not exception. In the same manner I find it hard to resist hoarding them, even though I know that once I have them I won't have any use of them :/ Fancy jewelry just gets in the way of everyday tasks.

I have no all-time favorite gemstone, but currently I really love garnets.

I find gems and crystals and other minerals highly fascinating most of the time.

I think my favorites are peridots (which are also my birthstone) and obsidian, though the latter isn't exactly a gem as it is glass.

A cartoon called Steven Universe came out just a year ago and it's one of my favorites! It features a lot of characters that are beings known as Gems, with the main cast being Crystal Gems. It's a great show. c:

I absolutely LOVE opals, I like 99.9 percent of gems though, because I'm just a little magpie like that.

I have 7 acres of land in Bancroft, and we found smoky quartz on it years ago. Amongst other things.

I absolutely LOVE opals, I like 99.9 percent of gems though, because I'm just a little magpie like that.

Opal is my birthstone.

I also happen to have a crapload of Australian opal rough out in my garage for when I get the urge to start polishing them up again.

I collect quartz crystals I have a lot of them...

I used to have a lot,as well. We ended up moving. So we couldn't carry any of it with us...

Opal is my birthstone.

I also happen to have a crapload of Australian opal rough out in my garage for when I get the urge to start polishing them up again.

Opals are gorgeous!

I remember when I was 6 years old and my friends and I thought we found a diamond in my friends mom's yard(she lived 5 houses away). I forget how we first saw it, but we got our shovels and 25 minutes later we dug a small quartz out (hole was 3-5 inches deep) and we decided to pass it around and switch owners once a week so everyone had a turn but we all forgot while it was my turn so I have it to this day laugh.gif so much fuss over an inch-long slab of quartz, but it was FUN.

Edited by Fightandspawn

I personally like aquamarine and pyrite,but I dunno if it counts as a gem xd.png

my birthstone is topaz

I don't like diamonds - they are too boring.

But I have a tektite in my desk.

I personally like aquamarine and pyrite,but I dunno if it counts as a gem xd.png

I think Pyrite might be a mineral, but I could be wrong. Gems and minerals are kinda related, though, so I'm sure it's all good tongue.gif

Starscream, I too find diamonds entirely boring. If I ever get married, give me some nice bright blue sapphires any day biggrin.gif