ChocolateIzzy

Gems and Crystals!

Will someone help me identify some of my stones? I'll post a picture of the ones I need to identify..

user posted image

And one more picture

user posted image

Edited by Jsward322

i just remembered that i have a chunk of granite from the Crazy Horse memorial in South Dakota sitting on the counter in the dining room.

it's comprised of:

mica

feldspar

black tourmaline

oxidized iron

quartz

pyrite

i just remembered that i have a chunk of granite from the Crazy Horse memorial in South Dakota sitting on the counter in the dining room.

it's comprised of:

mica

feldspar

black tourmaline

oxidized iron

quartz

pyrite

That's so cool! My family when to Arizona last week and I was given a free piece of petrified wood!

Will someone help me identify some of my stones?

user posted image

user posted image

it's really hard to tell when you don't have them in real life :c also, i am not Expert Man™

verifying through googling or going to an appraiser seems like a good next step

Edited by Tehpikachu

Aa thank you. I'll try to get my sister to help me Indentify some more of my stones since she works them into necklaces and stuff.

I have a bit of an obsession with gems and shiny rocks. Diamond is my birthstone, but it's not really one of my favorites. My absolute favorite is quartz. I just love looking at all the little cracks and stuff inside the crystals. It's beautiful.

I also love pyrite, but I get a tad picky when it comes to those. I like the ones with a lot of flat and shiny surfaces. I dunno why.

I've only seen pictures online, but I also like dragon's fire opal. It looks awesome.

Here's two of my favorites in my collection.

user posted image

I've only got into gems/crystals due to Steven Universe. Now I find them really interesting, only have some malachite on a necklace atm though, would love to have a huge collection of pretty crystals but my parents would think they were a waste of money.

All of them.

I have a bad habit of buying them rough, cleaning them myself, and putting them in a box.

and there they remain until the end of time.

I have an obsession with sapphires.

They're my birth stone so I feel extremely lucky and fortunate. biggrin.gif

I also cannot resist tiger's eye, lapis lazuli, dark blue diamonds, iolite, tanzanite, rainbow obsidian, angel aura quartz, blue aura quartz, labradorite, dragon's fire opal, and black opals that are really just dark blue and have only blue colors in them (no other color), and that's all I can think off the top of my head atm. xd.png

My utter obsession is blue star sapphires. 83 I don't own any myself because they're SOOO expensive but I love how the star design of the sapphire just shimmers and glows. 8D ~ And having it be DARK BLUE is just the icing on the cake. >u<~~~

*cough* Yes I am obsessed with dark blue, why are you asking? -///-

I recently got a slice of agate and a tiger jasper cut into a heart from the Salt Lake City airport. I also got some nice pieces of tangerine aura quartz for my birthday.

i actually have a nice crystal collection. i have some flurite, amethyst, dioptase, sulfur, vanadite, cinnabar, jade, rhodocrosite, rosesite, smithsonite, yellow barite, blue barite, araggonite etc

i cant upload pictures on here (dont know how) but i did make a thread on another website with some pictures of my collection http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?416511-crystals

my most recent purchase which hasnt arrived yet is this crocoite from ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Crocoite-Crystal...VIAAOSwdGFYzgNk

Definitely blue opals. The way they catch the light, all the different hues of blue and green- they're just gorgeous.

Labradorite and Opalite are my favorites to wear. I collect gem stones, so I have tons of different types though.

I love crystals and gem stones, but I don´t have too many. I love citrin, amethyst, tiger eye and quartz smile.gif

I love amethysts! especially in the clusters. They're so pretty! Also ruby because its my birthstone.

Amethysts and any clear crystal. Honestly, crystals are my loves.

I have these pieces of different quartzes. They came from one of those arts and crafts kits where you dig crystals out of a hunk of rock that you take your anger out on. XD

Clear Quartz, Agate, Amethyst, Rose Quartz, and Dolomite

IMG_0222.JPG

Edited by Aqub

3 hours ago, Aqub said:

I have these pieces of different quartzes. They came from one of those arts and crafts kits where you dig crystals out of a hunk of rock that you take your anger out on. XD

Clear Quartz, Agate, Amethyst, Rose Quartz, and Dolomite

IMG_0222.JPG

they're so pretty

Got some more for Christmas! :D

Spoiler

80980866_554130652097395_3616090866680070144_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQk3LigU3N6M1R-RIee4xL8jBJmrAv47mj3NyR40XDvv60_zpDgBVfuWQwi2WrXK9GE&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=ce5d6cda68fd454d167e7f07ae22838d&oe=5EB3D88A

These are, according to the box they came in...

Blue Agate, Carnelian, Clear Quartz,
Beryl, Amethyst, Red Agate, 
Morganite, Turquoise, 

Alabaster, Rose Quartz, Yellow Quartz.

I'm not sure I'm buying what the packaging says- Isn't morganite pink? while this one is black with white spots... it looks kinda like snowflake obsidian? XD

On 12/30/2019 at 7:20 PM, Aqub said:

Got some more for Christmas! :D

Hide contents

These are, according to the box they came in...

Blue Agate, Carnelian, Clear Quartz,
Beryl, Amethyst, Red Agate, 
Morganite, Turquoise, 

Alabaster, Rose Quartz, Yellow Quartz.

I'm not sure I'm buying what the packaging says- Isn't morganite pink? while this one is black with white spots... it looks kinda like snowflake obsidian? XD

That is snowflake obsidian. Morganite is pink, ranging from slight orangish to deep pink.