ChocolateIzzy

Gems and Crystals!

I actually have a small gem collection! I love stones, especially crystals. They're in the shape of pendants, but I currently am unable to wear any of them because the necklace chains I own are made of pretty cheap metal (nickel, which I'm allergic to), and the few silver ones I have are attached to the pendant I bought them with. Sigh. I have around 20-30, amethysts, opalite, pyrite, green aventurine, rose quartz, citrine, clear quartz, zebra jasper, lapis lazuli, turquoise, howlite and more!

I've been attracted to crystals and gems for a long time. I'm not sure I can name them all, but off the top of my head I have several large chunks of blue apatite (my favorite stone), some smoky quartz, clear quartz, rose quartz, amethyst, green aventurine, an egg-shaped opalite, tiger's eye, blue tigers eye, moonstone, laboradorite, citrrine, rainbow fluorite (I have a really pretty wand point of it set in my antler wand!), Angel aura quartz, red tourmaline... and I forget the others.

I love all crystals , rocks, etc. And I collect them. I want to own a big chunk of angel aura quartz someday. ^^

Ooh, now we're speaking my language! I love collecting gems.

I have several pieces of polished rose quartz and one raw piece I got from Denver International Airport. From there I also got a nice piece of citrine.

I have several pieces of jasper, some amethyst, a lapis lazuli pendant, an imperial topaz ring, clear quartz, mica, and some stones that I believe are sugilite.

I even have a small raw garnet and several raw yogo sapphires. <3 I want to get a large piece of smoky quartz someday!

Edited by Tehpikachu

I remember I used to collect gems and stones when I was younger from Museum gift shops; i've still got my little gem bag of all sorts now!

I don't have as many gems as I do rocks and fossils, though, so i'm hoping I can start adding to the collection in the future.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I have a piece of polished malachite! That one's my favorite, I can't believe I forgot about it.

i've got a lil mineral 'n gem collection going, some are tumbled and others are raw, but i do love collecting them!!

so far i have:

1 selenite wand, 1 raw amethyst cluster, 2 desert rose, 1 raw chalcopyrite, an assortment of pyrite, 1 tumbled blue lace agate, 2 tumbled goldstones, 1 chunk of pink himalayan salt, 2 tumbled snowflake obsidian, 2 tumbled sodalite, an assortment of rose quartz, clear quartz, and smoky quartz, 1 tumbled spiderweb turquoise, 1 raw blue calcite, 1 tumbled green aventurine, 1 oval cut lapis lazuli, 1 raw basalt, a few tumbled hematite and gold tiger's eye, and a small collection of bottled gemstone chips including red garnet, peridot, onyx, and some other friends!

my favorites from it are my amethyst cluster and chalcopyrite, but i'm currently looking to add blue fluorite, sea sediment jasper, opalite, moonstone, opal, a celestite geode, and a piece of rainbow aura coral *. ・゚ ✧

Edited by catmosphere

I've also got a piece of Vesuvius obsidian, a gift from my grandfather from when he used to do bus tours all across Europe.

What a pleasant coincidence that we have obsidian of the same origin. happy.gif It is the only one I have for now.

It is nice to know that many other are collectors as well. I would like to collect minerals and gems too one day. In the meantime, I just browse online for these beauties.

Hemimorphite, Rhodochrosite, Assortment 1, Assortment 2, Assortment 3, Assortment 4

I've always loved rubies, garnets and pink stones like pink sapphire. I love pinks and reds, but I find emeralds pretty striking. But I've been going through a real aqua blue phase lately, like blue topaz.

I have a lot of quartz geodes, lots of amethysts, and a ridiculous amount of clear and rose quartz.

I really love moonstones but don't have any at the moment.

I've been collecting rocks since I was 5 (which isn't really THAT long ago lol) but my favorites are Lepidolite and Peridot. Lepidolite is such a beautiful lilac stone with sparkles and pale purple/white markings mixed within. I have a beautiful Lepidolite sphere I got for my birthday, and it's huge with a dark purple hue and amazing dark sparkling crystalline formations within it. And peridot is my birthstone. I have a lot of peridot jewelry, and I just love the amazing pale green crystalline appearance of almost any peridot stone.

Sodalite is gorgeous as well, but that's one my mother loves the most. She uses for crystal healing, which I'm not sure works myself, but who am I to judge my mother? She says it works for her and sodalite is a stone which reduces anxiety and stress, so she always has one or two sodalite tumbles on her, or one of her many sodalite stone bracelets.

I've been collecting rocks since I was 5 (which isn't really THAT long ago lol)

Were they actual rocks that you find in store?

Because I started collecting rocks at a young age too...except I would sit in the playground and just pick up the pebbles that I thought were pretty.

I finally cashed in a gift card I had and got myself a very pretty little moonstone on a chain of oxidized silver. It shimmers beautifully in blue and yellow. happy.gif

I checked my old gemstone and mineral collection and there was so much I had forgotten that I owned:

regular quartz

rose quartz

smoky quartz (one large piece I found on my own)

desert rose (from Tunisia)

amethyst

flint shards

muscovite

garnet (mostly pyrope I think, possibly some almandine)

lapis lazuli

labradorite

jasper

heliotrope

hematite

citrine (in the form of a crystal point, my favourite in the collection)

fluorite (watermelon colouring)

peridot

a rather large chunk of pyrite (use it as a door stopper)

one small red spinel

a sliced blue agate

Also a fossil ballast bone from a fish, about 4-7 million years old, and a handful of stones I can't remember the name of - one of them has got a sort of cat's eye effect and another could be a sunstone.

I was that kid who walked around with my pockets weighted down with pretty rocks when I was young, and I liked to try to smash rocks open hoping I would find something interesting in them.

Right now my favorite gems are citrine and peridot.

Edited by Ripan

My favourites are Alexandrite (don't own any its rare, so expensive), ametrine & amethyst. Birth stone is Sapphire.

My birthstone is Peridot, so by definition I absolutely love it. I don't know if Amber counts, but I love Amber as well. Almost every piece of jewelry I own (which isn't saying much), has Peridot. I do have a little Amber bracelet made out of Amber beads though.

I have a lot of Quartz crystals, most of which I bought a museum for .99 cents each a few weeks ago.

Most of my Gems and Crystals I got from my uncle when I was 5, most of which are still hidden in a drawer in my room. smile.gif

update on my rock collection

i got a geode that i broke open, unfortunately i don't know what's in it. some sort of quartz, i assume.

got a large piece of labradorite; faden quartz; a broken bit of quartz (with jasper, perhaps?); bottles of rose quartz (yes, again!), amethyst, tiger's eye, blue topaz, and peridot; green banded onyx shaped like an egg; aragonite star cluster; selenite/gypsum; obsidian; pyrite (yes, yes, a metal, but still); sillimanite; agate; snowflake obsidian; and calcite

My rock collection:

Geodes (Quartz and aura Quartz) , Tigers eye, blue tigers eye, malachite, bloodstone, amethyst, rose quartz, onyx, some sort of polished dyed Quartz, garnet, gaspeite, Dalmatian jasper, ocean jasper, Lapiz, milky Quartz, fluorite (one rainbow, one green with faint bands of violet), and citrine.

Edited by Jsward322

update on my rock collection

i got a geode that i broke open, unfortunately i don't know what's in it. some sort of quartz, i assume.

Do you have a pic? Hard to identify via picture but might be able to tell. o3o

oh, another update, i got some things wrong...

i don't have snowflake obsidian, it's actually chalcedony. i also have a blue one.

i found two more pieces of agate, one is heart-shaped

some blue dalmatian jasper

six pieces of crackled quartz, in many colors

a piece of dumortierite quartz

also, my big chunk of faden that i bought, i think is actually raw crackled. ain't a big thing though, quartz crystals i thought were clear quartz, actually are turning out to be faden, so all is good.

i have some other rocks to figure out, but that'll have to be later

Do you have a pic? Hard to identify via picture but might be able to tell. o3o

this is my geode:

user posted image

surprisingly, not very hollow, pretty solid almost all the way through. also not polished, but ye... since quartz is so common, i'm assuming it's quartz

Edited by Tehpikachu

Wow, that's pretty close to a nodule. There's not a lot of hollow at all. Nice job cracking it open!

I would say it miiiiiight be smoky quartz. It miiiiiight be flint? It's hard to see what the outside looks but parts of it look rather cherty (in particular, the lump on the small piece at the bottom),.

Wow, that's pretty close to a nodule. There's not a lot of hollow at all. Nice job cracking it open!

I would say it miiiiiight be smoky quartz. It miiiiiight be flint? It's hard to see what the outside looks but parts of it look rather cherty (in particular, the lump on the small piece at the bottom),.

in doing some research, it's mostly likely flint/chert <3