ChocolateIzzy

Gems and Crystals!

I like emeralds because my favourite colour is green. Don't really like redish gems though.

Shinies<3

Topaz is my birthstone, however I don't really like the color. I like sapphire, amethyst, opal, agate. Yet I prefer 'raw' minerals, like bismuth (not natural one), desert rose, fluorite, pietrisite, pyrite... Everything what comes in crystal form, actually.

Diamonds are lovely but imo overrated lol.

Personally, my favourite gems are opals. smile.gif

I got a small opal necklace for my birthday present, and an opal doublet from a local antique-type store (for $5!). I love to play with them, turning them around, because there are just so many beautiful colours in them.

I do still quite like diamonds for much the same reason as above. When I was young I aspired to be a jeweller.

I love them all but my other favourites have to be moonstone, hematite and lapis lazuli. Moonstone just has such a mysterious luminesce...

I love lapis! When MCers hear Lapis they think CRAP! xd.png Lapis have an amazing blue on them! Also opals are amazing too! Absolutely astounding.

Alright I absolutely love my birthstone!!! My mum got mean emerald... Its amazing its a brilliant shape/size its about an average 10 year olds' palm!

Peridot is my birthstone; I'm not usually a big fan of the color green but most peridot seems to come in a shade I actually don't mind.

I'm not a big fan of precious stones in general, but I tend to kinda like citrine and different colors of topaz. smile.gif

Opals. Not just because the opal is my birthstone, but because they are beautiful. Especially Australian opals.

Here are my favorite that I own. biggrin.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Both are from Australia.

Prehaps we could do a set of gemstone dragons? biggrin.gif

There's actually a lot on the completed list, if I remember correctly. I became fairly convinced that there were a good number of geology geeks in the Cave when I saw those. (Well, that and when I looked at a bronze shimmer x stone line and found the name "Gniess Cleavage" in the family tree. I laughed like the immature little kid I am for several minutes at that.)

...My faves? Hard to pick, I love lapis lazuli, peridot, amethyst, jade, and tanzanite.

Also, holy crap, chrome diopside. I daresay I like them better than emeralds.

user posted image

What a lovely topic! I love stones!

My birthstone is a rose quartz, and I am quite fond of it, though I love amethyst too. Labradorite is fancy aswell!

And I am quite proud of the large piece of desert rose I have.

I prefer the rough stones or tumbled stones more than stones in jewelry.

I am trying to name my geode dragons in crystal-style tongue.gif

I am a collector myself, for many many years.

user posted image

It doesn't show well on the photo, but inside that llittle basket are a whole lot of small tumbled stones.

I gave up counting years ago.

Edited by Aerouant

I haven't been into gems and such for very long, but some time ago I purchased a necklace with a little heart shaped cage that came with several different types of gemstones. Rose quartz, tigers eye, amethyst, clear quartz, turquoise, and lapis lazuli. They all fit inside the cage part, and I also got a box of a whole bunch of other gemstones that fit inside as well, though they didn't provide the names for all those. I've been trying to find all the names and recently I found out the name for my favorite one- goldstone. It's so sparkly and pretty. I don't really know much but I just love them.

Despite being my birthstone, I don't like rubies that much.Personally, I find Alexandrite(like the one below) and Fluorite the most beatiful.

user posted image

Edited by Hazel360

I'm proud to live in Australia! Just got a beautiful opal from our favoruite crystal/gem shop <3

lol we should so totally have gemstone dragons!

lmfao just like Dragonvale xd.png

I love aquamarine. I really like light coloured gemstones and the colour blue and aquamarine is so pretty. Plus, it's my birthstone.

oh my gosh... I just thought of my dream ring <3 it would have bits of sapphires, bits of opals and bits of Topaz (In RPs My charrie is always Toraz because of Topaz's <3)

I know it's not straictly a gemstone, but I think Labradorite is gorgeous. Irridesance on rocks has always made me have an 'ooooh, shiney!' sort of reaction.

That said I did study geology, and even the most outwardsly 'boring' rocks can look amazing when you start looking at the fine detail of them.

I think my mom has some jewelry with labradorite

I only recently learned that sapphires come in pink and that is great to me because it's my favorite color and my birthstone.