Skellybones

The Horsemen of Apocalypse

With a start, Nicole paused. "She isn't coming back..? Hmm." Interesting. But, at least he planned to pick up the tab for his friend. Or whatever their relationship was. The silence and few words spoken between them seemed pretty tense.

"Well... I have several orders waiting to be filled, would you mind if I sat here for a moment? My manager doesn't mind as long as I keep customers happy." She giggled, setting a hand on the table and smiling hopefully at him.

The immortal very casually removed the fork and knife, cutting in to the hamburger and taking a small chunk on his fork. "You're entirely free to do what you like. That is customary now, is it not?" He placed the food in his mouth and chewed slowly before swallowing. A moment passed before he dabbed his napkin on his lips. His voice almost seemed to be disdainful when he spoke, but at the same time he was quite polite, particularly for the crowd surrounding them. More than anything, the man seemed to have a presence that caused one's hairs to stand on end - to create an itch in the back of the mind, to create anger and rage. It was a very mild air about him, but it hadn't been there before the woman had left.

Nicole shivered slightly. Suddenly she was feeling very resentful of the woman who had left. Not entirely sure why, she sat down slowly, almost cautiously.

"I-I suppose so... Beg your pardon, darling, but I didn't catch your name..." She suddenly felt even more on edge, as though walking through a minefield, and to try and play it off, she shook her head and took a sip of the drink, looking anywhere but at him.

(( Going to keep this going since Shadow timeskipped ahead, etc. ))

The immortal smiled politely and looked up at the woman, chocolate eyes anything but aggressive. His pupils, however, seemed to almost dance with flame behind them. "Ultor," he said passively. "And you are Nicole. Is it often you sit and talk with customers, Nicole?" He asked, taking another bite of the hamburger (with his fork, of course) and chewing. He swallowed and sipped his coffee.

(( Sounds good to me. ))

She bit her lip. "Yes, actually... I often do. Customers are a great source of new information and, well, if I ever lose my job here, I know some people who will help me out."

Her face was flushed. Embarrassment was not something Nicole was used to, but this man... Ultor, he was making her feel like a bad child facing a teacher who'd caught her drawing on the walls or trimming a classmate's hair during naptime. She covered her face with a hand momentarily, unnecessarily tucking back a piece of hair. What did it matter to him if she did or didn't?

"Is it often that you make nice girls feel entirely out of their element, Mr. Ultor?" she retorted. She took another sip of the latte, meeting his eyes and wishing she wasn't feeling so standoffish all of the sudden.

He set his coffee down, interlocked his fingers and rested the singular balled fist on the table, gazing at Nicole intently. The mortal was curious at best, but a welcome distraction from the recent... childishness... he had endured. That's how he thought of it in any case - he expected that the others (well, perhaps not Famine) wouldn't mind Death's outlash. His eyes wandered up to the screens to check on the football game - the same as it had been, and nothing of interest. His eyes fell back down to the waitress.

"I would not know. It depends on the day and it depends on the face. Above all, it's dependent on the person. Some find me intimidating. Some find me irresistible. I don't suppose I'll ever know why in either case." He wiped his lips again with the napkin. "I imagine that I'm making you feel uncomfortable, then?"

Death swung her scythe, before watching the man's body float down along the river. His head had caught on the bank, on a concrete sort of jetty. Smashed skulls were painful. The horseman turned from the balcony, and decided to take the normal way out of the building. She could feel something else arising. Something that came with the night, something that used the shadows. Her anger flared, everything that had happened in the day rushing over her in one massive tidal wave. She felt on edge. She also felt herself slipping. At least, that was what the best human word for it. She could think of many more in other languages. Ancient languages, in fact. She clenched the scythe, her knuckles turning white, before letting out a deep breath.

She couldn't let herself go, not yet. She had a job to do. War might be... infuriating, but she was better than that. She could keep herself- and her mouth -under control. If she couldn't... She wished luck to all those in her path.

Conquest turned his gaze on Alex. "It's a secret..." he said softly, smile growing wider, "The rest aren't as good as these."

A gaze of slight disappointment visited Alex's face as he told her it was a secret but then it was washed away. "Well I believe secrets are meant to be discovered." She stated hinting that she intended to find out eventually. As he explained that the rest weren't as good as the ones he had shown her she nodded. "I'd bet that they're still pretty good though." She said sitting back in her chair properly. Alex casually checked the clock and was surprised to see the time. "Oh shoot!" Alex stated standing bolt upright. "I need to call the family of that lady about the pictures. I'm sure they're eager to here about this, I'm sorry I'll be right back." She said running back to the office half of her meager home. Alex's head poked back through the door a moment later. "I hope I'm not keeping you from anything am I?" She asked concerned that she had forgotten her guest probably had things to attend to as well.

Elevator music accompanied her down the block of flats. As well as the little old lady who lived on floor three. Death did her best to give her a cheerful smile. Her hands were quivering with the effort of keeping herself locked in. She strode briskly out, emerging on a busy street, illuminated by the light streaming from the other flats. She mounted her horse, suddenly not noticed by any. People just walked around her, as if there were something solid where she was. They couldn't see anything, though. That's what happened when Death didn't want you to see her, which wasn't much, but it happened occasionally.

Her horse pounded the air, letting out its own, shrieking neigh. She patted its neck, making the strange noise of bone against bone. Death cringed. She didn't like loosing control of herself, but she supposed it had to happen once in a while. After all, the last time she had was hundreds of years ago. She flexed her hand, her long, pale fingers. She lowered her head, and seemed to draw herself inwards. When she looked up, empty sockets lay where her eyes had done only moments before. The skeleton grinned, and searched for the next victim.

"It'a fine," Conquest assured the lady, "I'm pretty free for today." He tucked his camera away and put one leg over the other, his hands clasped together and holding onto his knee. He smiled lightly. "Don't let me bother you or hinder your work."

Nicole bristled slightly as he looked up at the game. Did he really have that little interest in her?? However, when he spoke, she felt herself sort of deflate, all the anger and resent rush out of her as suddenly as it had taken hold. She sighed, embarrassed now.

"Honestly, darling, you were a little bit. I do apologize for lashing out at you so, I don't quite know what came over me." She fluttered her lashes, flashing him a small smile. "Whatever it was, it's gone now, as far as I can tell. I do hope I didn't offend you..." Nicole cast her eyes downwards slightly and raised her shoulders, pouting slightly.

The immortal took another bite of the sandwich in front of him, once more using fork and knife to shave off a perfectly proportioned section. He chewed and swallowed, looking somewhere between a mixture of unenthusiastic and amused.

"It's quite alright. Many people have little... spikes. Spikes of attitude, of anger, of frustration. I understand that. I am not offended," he replied to the waitress quietly before taking a sip of his draft, keeping the coffee otherwise untouched.

((I'm really sorry about this, but I think I need to step down from RPing here; I don't have the time to post >.<"))

((I'm really sorry about this, but I think I need to step down from RPing here; I don't have the time to post >.<"))

((That's fine! If you could write some sort of leaving post, I'm sure Soiled would be thankful x) ))

((I totally forgot about that... blink.gif For now, I think I'm going to go on a bit of a hiatus, if that's alright with you.))

"No, it's okay," Violet replied, shaking her head. "I'm not that much of a fan of sports. Anyways, I'd might as well stop bothering you; I'm sure you have better things to do rather than hang around with boring, old me." She turned around, walking farther and farther away from Akaya. To be honest, Violet didn't really know what she was supposed to do in life; it was a question that haunted her for years. Who am I exactly? What am I supposed to do?

Violet wandered around town until she noticed a bridge. The structure was perhaps ten feet above the clear waters. No matter how hard she tried, Violet couldn't see the bottom of the glassy waters. Curious, Violet stepped onto the bridge and peered at down below.

Is this how it's going to end? There isn't any meaning to my life, or is there?

The teen leaned torwards the water and jumped down to her fate.

((I'm not sure if a person can survive jumping down like that... >.<"))

Sightings of a skeletal horse, a body in the river and again absolutly no evidence that a murder had occured. In fact the scene looked more like a suicide. "When I had wished for a change I was hoping for something more pleasent." The man's skull was bashed in and there was blood everywhere. "Different is different. " "Auuugh, yeah I know." Tim groaned as he returned to collecting evidence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's good." She said smiling at Conquest. Alex closed the door behind her and breathed deep. Alex needed to be professional for them...although why she needed to take a moment to prepare was beyond her. The private eye walkwed over to her desk telephone. She fetched a notebook from one of the drawers and dialed the number she had written down on one of it's pages. The phone rang and then there was an answer. "Hello? Yes this is Alex. I believe I have the evidence you were looking for. Yes I have some photos showing that it was a trick. Ok so tomorrow then, thanks again for coming to me." There was a click as Alex hung up the phone. She sighed and dialed the number of the local police. They needed to know about this too. The conversation wasn't long but she had arranged to go to the station tomorrow afternoon. Her appointment with the woman's family was in the morning.

Alex returned to Conquest with a very satisfied grin. "Sorry to keep you waiting Claudius."

((it was claudius right?))

"Um... Alright then! See ya!" Akaya waved cheerfully before leaving in the opposite direction.

((Poor innocent Akaya. He doesn't know a thing...

And yes, it is Claudius))

Conquest gave a dismissive wave. "It's fine," he assured Alex. "So... You're finally able to prove that Death doesn't exist, huh? Tell me though, do you personally believe in the four horsemen?" He leaned forwards slightly, beaming.

Alex sighed. "Yeah well...at least prove to them anyways." She said reflexively. She leaned back in her chair and took a snack from the tray she had set out and munched on it when Conquest asked his question and the girl nearly choked from the surprise. Coughing hard Alex gave her chest a few quick pounds with her fist before it cleared up with a final big cough. "You know you're the second person to ask me that today...actually she rode a horse too." Alex added beginning to put two and two together while praying that she was just jumping to conclusions.

Famine continued his random travels throughout the city, still hiding himself from the other Horsemen. Yet he wasn't alone this time through. Perched on either shoulder was two rats he had picked up in the alley, the large rodents seeming quite content in hitching a ride off of him. The people around him gave him looks, avoiding him as he passed. Crowd control. At least less people would ever just run up to him and greet him like he was some sort of neighbor.

He would be a terrible neighbor.

The Horseman paced about, growing tired of the outside. He gazed at the windows around him, stopping suddenly. Somehow he managed to end up at the strange grocery store again. He tucked his hands in his pocket, his fingers touching coin. Perhaps that strange instant noodles would be worth trying out.

A few minutes later he came back out of the store, clutching the colorful box as if it was going to grow legs and run away from him. He was pretty sure this would, judging by what was in the ingredients. But as he sat down on a bench and poked a finger through the colorful plastic, inside was smaller packets. Famine lifted one up, blinking at it. The noodles were inside. He turned the packet over, frowning at the directions. He didn't have hot water or a bowl or anything. How was he supposed to eat this then?

Cracking the packet open, Famine peered inside. Dried noodles and a pack of spices. He pulled the packet out, opening it and licking the spice. He regretted his choice, pulling his head away in disgust. He dropped that into the box, pulling out the square chunk of noodles instead. He sniffed it before biting into it. It... didn't taste like anything.

How do people eat this?

Username:Freezerpup

Name:Skye

Appearance:Skye Wears Black a lot so she can be hidden in the dark.

Personality: Skye is a happy girl on the outside but in the inside she has a lot of secrets untold.

History: Skye's parents were killed in a car accident when she was 7, ever since then she has been running away from police and doing things she never thought she would do. She has been living in abandoned buildings and stealing food from market stalls to stay alive.

With or against the horsemen: Against but slowly joins with them.

Trying to recapture them: Nope

Other: Never without a fight.

Edited by freezerpup

Username:Freezerpup

Name:Skye

Appearance:Skye Wears Black a lot so she can be hidden in the dark.

Personality: Skye is a happy girl on the outside but in the inside she has a lot of secrets untold.

History: Skye's parents were killed in a car accident when she was 7, ever since then she has been running away from police and doing things she never thought she would do. She has been living in abandoned buildings and stealing food from market stalls to stay alive.

With or against the horsemen: Against but slowly joins with them.

Trying to recapture them: Nope

Other: Never without a fight.

((Accepted, but there's something wrong with your link O.o It has... tons and tons of numbers in it...))

The skeletal horse cantered across the sky, before descending slowly. It's rider dismounted, bones clattering together. A small village illuminated the sky, making it impossible to see the stars or moon. Funny how much the world had changed. The cloaked skeleton wandered through streets, looking at everything with its hollow eye sockets. It stopped, as if time had stopped, before moving its head to the side, ever so slowly. It tilted its skull, as if listening to something. It heard crying.

It moved into place beside the house, slowly, peering into the window. A small child sobbed on the carpet of his room. He sobbed in a strop, muttering things about cruel parents and that like, because you think everything should go your way when you're young. The skeleton, oblivious to the human nature, lowered its head. It went around to the front door, knocking slowly. Movement could be heard inside as the parents came to see who was visiting at such a late hour.

Death was feeling particularly murderous today.

((Accepted, but there's something wrong with your link O.o It has... tons and tons of numbers in it...))

The skeletal horse cantered across the sky, before descending slowly. It's rider dismounted, bones clattering together. A small village illuminated the sky, making it impossible to see the stars or moon. Funny how much the world had changed. The cloaked skeleton wandered through streets, looking at everything with its hollow eye sockets. It stopped, as if time had stopped, before moving its head to the side, ever so slowly. It tilted its skull, as if listening to something. It heard crying.

It moved into place beside the house, slowly, peering into the window. A small child sobbed on the carpet of his room. He sobbed in a strop, muttering things about cruel parents and that like, because you think everything should go your way when you're young. The skeleton, oblivious to the human nature, lowered its head. It went around to the front door, knocking slowly. Movement could be heard inside as the parents came to see who was visiting at such a late hour.

Death was feeling particularly murderous today.

(Here it is then :/ user posted image)

Skye walked out of the abandoned house she was staying in at that moment. The house was old and needed re-painted. It had smashed windows and was in the middle of a shallow forest. It was a warm night and the moonlight shone brightly through the trees. Skye walked out into the village to look for some leftover food that some people might of left from the market that day but there was none. She kept walking around the village as it was beautiful. Suddenly she heard hoof sounds. She ran around the corner and into a dark ally way and pulled up her hood so no one would find her.

Edited by freezerpup

Death mounted her horse, not saying a single word. Behind her was the open door of the house. Blood stains adorned the walls. Her horse reared, screeching neigh escaping its muzzle. It clattered around a corner, skittering along the pave stones. Death saw a single figure dodge out of her way, ducking into an alley. She would have narrowed her eyes if she had them.

Skye heard the hoof sounds coming closer. After seven years of running from police she had learned a few things. She found a few vines on the side of the house, held on to some and started using them to help her climb. After struggling she finally got to the roof and balanced herself. She went to the back of the roof quietly and lay down flat hoping no one had spotted her.