Skellybones

The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Conquest was confused when Alex laughed but carried on smiling all the same. However, something cold had found its way in his smile and the poor souls that had wandered near him shivered, wondering why it had suddenly become so cold. Luckily, his anger disappeared before his companion could feel it. "You're welcome," he replied to the thanks, but then widened his eyes by a fraction at the next sentence. "Death?" he questioned, "How will you disprove the existence of something that everyone must reach, ahn?" He knew what she was saying, but just felt like messing with her.

Alex was caught off guard by Claudius' inquiry and cocked an eyebrow at his statement. "As in Death the horseman. Haven't you seen the news? The only witness claims to have seen her taking the man's life." Alex explained to Claudius, reflexively looking over the memory chip again. "That woman was institutionalized for claiming to see Death and the family asked me to collect some evidence to disprove what she saw. I guess they hope that showing her that it was a trick will help her get better." Alex gave Conquest a friendly nod and walked around the man but then turned back to him for a moment. "Actually now that I think about it you're the second person on a horse that I met today. You may want to be careful. With all that has happened some of the crazier people might confuse you for one of the other horsemen, like Conquest. Legend says he rode a snow white horse as well and is supposed to be roguishly handsome."

((Sorry I took some liberties with that last post and forgot to ask if it was ok SL))

((Username: SL

Name: Akaya Takahiro

Appearance: Due to the liking of dying his his hair random colors, Akaya has middle length slightly curled hair that's black with silver and red streaks. His eyes are hazel-gold and very large and his face would give him a childish look if it weren't for the sleepy expression on his face 24/7. He stands at around 170 cm tall and is usually wearing a casual white/blue t shirt, a grey and blue jacket as well as baggy cream pants. Often carries around a tennis racket and/or a camera with him.

Personality: You'll see...

History: You'll see...

With or against the horsemen: With

Trying to recapture them: No

Other: He has narcolepsy, a sleeping disorder that makes him able to fall asleep at anywhere at anytime. He's half japanese, half Russian. Never yield without a fight!))

Conquest smiled and chuckled. Roguishly handsome, eh? "Interesting..." he muttered, mounting Snow and nudging Snow into a walk. Snow followed Alex with an annoyed snort at Conquest for nudging her. "Ah, if it is possible, allow me to accompany you."

Edited by SoiledLove

Username: SL

Name: Akaya Takahiro

Appearance: Due to the liking of dying his his hair random colors, Akaya has middle length slightly curled hair that's black with silver and red streaks. His eyes are hazel-gold and very large and his face would give him a childish look if it weren't for the sleepy expression on his face 24/7. He stands at around 170 cm tall and is usually wearing a casual white/blue t shirt, a grey and blue jacket as well as baggy cream pants. Often carries around a tennis racket and/or a camera with him.

Personality: You'll see...

History: You'll see...

With or against the horsemen: With

Trying to recapture them: No

Other: He has narcolepsy, a sleeping disorder that makes him able to fall asleep at anywhere at anytime. He's half japanese, half Russian. Never yield without a fight!

((Accepted!))

Edited by Shadowwolf6

"Uhh...sure why not." Alex said with a shrug. I'm just heading home to develop these pictures then it's off to the witness's family." She said starting to walk again. All the money I'm going to get from this job's final pay is going to end up paying for a new camara, oh wait...I have to pay the bills. Alex's expression visibly darkened in frustration as thoughts of the near future began to fill her mind. As they passed a garbage can Alex tossed the camara into it and stuffed the card into her pocket with a slightly depressed sigh. "So, is your horse a boy or a girl Claudius?" Edited by En'K'Haral

"Snow's a mare," Conquest explained, "15 hands and 5 years old." Snow tossed her head and neighed proudly while Conquest chuckled at his horse's reaction to his words. Arg. The urge to annoy someone was coming back now, but he reminded himself to be a gentleman in the presence of a lady.

"I'm home!" Violet shouted to no one in particular. She lived alone in a small house that her parents provided her along with her tuition. The two were a 'gift' for Violet shortly after she got accepted in the college her parents wanted to her to go. Violet set her bag on the table and emptied its contents. As she turned on the stove, Violet noticed something odd about her receipt.

"Wait, they charged me more!" She exclaimed. "I've got to go." Violet turned off the stove and dashed out of her home.

Alex listened as Claudius described his horse. She didn't know enough to have a clue about what he meant when he said fifteen hands but she got the idea that it was something to be proud of, and as if to enforce that Snow whinnied proudly. "I have no idea what 15 hands means but clearly she's bloody proud of it." Alex said before she stopped in front of the building she lived in. the second floor window had the words "Private Eye" Decaled onto it. "Well this is my office slash home. Would you care to come in for something to eat or drink?" She said figuring that it was ok to let him in. He didn't seem all that dangerous.

Akaya yawned. This was soooooo boring. A red backpack was on his back, a white tennis racket in the net at the back and a silver water bottle in the net at the side. His camera hung from his neck as he looked at the people playing in the tennis courts in front of him. The balls were moving sooooooo slowly and the players were already sweating ten minutes into the game. And to think they were adults. A primary school kid could play better than them. Looks like he wasn't going to find a challenge here. Wandering off, he exited the park and walked around randomly. Finding a nice bench near a supermarket, he keeled over and fell asleep on it.

---

"Sure..." Conquest said, surveying the building. It was decent, but he's seen better. Way better. Then he turned to Snow. "You stay out here... I know you can look after yourself..." he muttered before mentioning for Alex to lead the way.

As Violet sprinted to the supermarket, she noticed a boy that was sleeping on the nearby bench. Is he dead? I don't think he's moving. What should I do? Should I wake him up? Violet thought. Demanding for a refund didn't seem like a priority right now. What if the boy needed her help? Slowly and surely, Violet gradually approached the boy and gave him a poke.

"Hello? Are you dead?" Violet asked. "Please wake up."

Edited by XiaoChibi

Akaya didn't move, half on the bench and half hanging off it. He frowned in his sleep at the poking and frowned more at the voice. Then, he shifted around, trying to get comfortable before falling off the bench entirely.

"Itai itai itai..." he muttered, sitting up and rubbing his head. Akaya yawned again before running a hand through his hair and looking up at the person who had woken him up with tired eyes. Another yawn parted his jaws before he blinked himself into full awakeness and smiled. "Hi there!" he greeted, sitting cross-legged on the ground.

Alex smiled and opened the door to head inside. Once inside she lead the way up a narrow stairway and then finally to a door on the second floor that had her name and profession printed on it. The detective fiddled with her keys (not that she had many) until she unlocked the door and let Conquest inside.

Inside the apartment/office was...well it was inside a closed space at least. It looked like a two room apartment and in the room they had entered was a desk near the window on the opposite side of the room from where Alex and Conquest stood. The desk had a pair of wooden chairs in front of it a lamp and a wooden chair on the other side, presumably where Alex sat when talking with clients. To the left of the desk as a filing cabinet. On the right wall there was a door and a cork-board was hung up. Alex led Conquest through the second door making sure to close the apartment door behind them.

The second room looked...livable if nothing else. There was a stove and sink to their direct right, some cabinets shared the wall with the stove and sink. There was a television was on the right wall and an air conditioner mounted in the left wall's window. The middle of the room was occupied with a fold up table and a pair of folding chairs. The empty wall across from the duo was clearly a fold away bed. "I know it's not exactly glamorous but try to make yourself at home. Any particular food or drinks you like? I've got some tea and coffee, but also water, some orange juice or milk. Coarse if you feel like something stronger I've got some scotch too."

The person sleeping on the bench sat up and greeted Violet after letting out a long yawn.

"Um...hello," Violet replied. "Are you okay? For a moment, I thought you were dead. Did I hurt you by any chance? The name's Violet by the way. Suppose it's a bit weird to be giving you my name right off the bat." She sat next to the boy, waiting for his response.

Conquest nodded in gratitude before gingerly sitting onto a chair.

"Tea will do just fine," he said, "Thank you."

He took a look around and inwardly shuddered at the size of the place.

---

"I'm fine, don't worry," Akaya told the girl, stifling another yawn. "I'm Akaya. Takahiro Akaya. I have narcolepsy so that's why I fell asleep here."

"Alright then tea it is." Alex said and went to the stove. She filled the kettle with water and set it on the stove. The stove was a gas stove from god knew when. At first there was no flame when she started it and Alex turned it off to check the pilot light which had gone out...again. "Just a second.." She said digging through one of the drawers and pulling out a match. She lit it, turned on the stove again and and moved the match close to where the gas was coming out. The gas ignited with a little more flare than Alex had expected causing the private eye to jump a little. "Alright then." She said putting out the match and moving to one of the cupboards and grabbing some crackers and a plate. She neatly laid out the crackers and set the plate on the table before sitting down. "So tell me a bit about yourself Claudius." She asked Conquest showing a warm smile.

(( Well, I was waiting for something to happen, but s'pose I should post just to be active and whatnot. ))

Eventually, the immortal found himself walking down an alleyway devoid of any other activity. He considered lighting a cigarette, but ultimately went against the idea; fire tended to behave at least somewhat erratically around him, and beyond that he didn't particularly feel on edge. He'd smoked quite a bit in his time, drank quite a lot, but he had never suffered from anything remotely similar to addiction. He wasn't sure if it was the same for his fellow horsemen (after all, he tended to be the most distant of them), but he seemed to be immune to addictive qualities. His one addiction was truly bloodlust, though even that could be controlled when appropriate.

He emerged out of the other side of the alley and surveyed the area; he was closer to Conquest now. He could feel it, but whether Conquest could feel him near was another story. It was unlikely, but possible. War's eyes wandered up and down the narrow street, then he took a left and walked until he found a pub. He walked in, ducking under the doorway, and made his way to a corner booth. The crowd was thick, and it took him some maneuvering to get there. For the most part, his height served to intimidate people out of his way. An acoustic band was playing on the stage.

He took the darkest corner booth and opened the menu, eyes surveying it.

War! Death called with her mind. All horsemen could do that. It was strange, they all had their own... mental... communication that ran between all four of them. She would call for one, and they would answer. Just like the others could call and she would answer. Generally, each horseman didn't reply unless it was towards them specifically. Sometimes, they didn't speak at all.

She tapped her horse's collarbone, and it continued on its steady pace, scenting the air carefully. Her horse could smell, strangely, despite its lack of a nose.

Death's call echoed in the immortal's mind as he perused the menu. He chose not to respond. It was after about a minute that a waitress approached and asked what he wanted; he simply said he'd be ordering a draft. It was there within another minute, and only when his drink was safely in his hand did he take a sip and choose to respond.

Is there something you wanted?

The communication was gravelly. It was not a mirror of his own voice, it was far deeper, far louder and far darker, as if a demon in an abyss infiltrating the mind of the listener. War enjoyed his "natural" voice, but he didn't much like the prospect of communicating telepathically. He certainly preferred vocal conversation. The ability did come in handy, though - it was almost like a natural radio.

More than that, he had the ability to speak in to the minds of mortals if he so chose. There had been many battles fought in the name of God that he had ignited by simply speaking in to an emperor's mind while he slumbered. It didn't particularly work in this modern age - there was too much... order. It was disgusting, but not without its charms and conveniences.

Death smiled to herself. More humans swerved to avoid the now galloping horse. Why all of the... Running? She asked simply. Her own voice almost didn't sound feminine or masculine. It sound more like an 'it' then anything else.

Her horse was clopping through alleys, across streets, around bends. All in search of the faint presence of War. This afternoon's outing had turned into a full out chase. What started as a simple job... It was surprising.

Running? My dear, I assure you, I've been moving at a moderate pace in my time in London. I've nowhere to be, no one to see and nothing to do.

War took a sip from his draft, picking up the menu and perusing it. As he drank, he continued to speak, his voice a demonic echo in Death's mind.

Have you ever considered that it might not exactly be the best idea to be riding an equine under current circumstance? You did murder that man, after all, and it isn't as if people aren't searching for us.

He flagged the waitress down, indicating on the menu one of their burgers. She nodded, wrote down the order, collected his menu and went off towards the kitchen.

After hearing Akaya's reply, Violet began to have some sympathy for the boy. I wonder what it's like to be diagnosed with narcolepsy? Is it hard to cope with?

"Oh, I understand now," Violet replied. "I was just on my way into the store when I saw you on the bench! It was kind of...surprising to see someone there. Anyways, I need to get a refund, the cashier paid me too much."

"About... me?" Claudius asked, raising an eyebrow and sipping his tea. It wasn't bad. He sighed. "Well, I came from a noble family from France," not entirely a lie, his host was French nobility, "Me and my family came to England to... well... tour the country," not entirely a lie either, but touring was to be done AFTER conquering, "and settle some matters that have been bugging the nobility," of course, those matters was about who would rule and all, but it didn't matter much now since this was all the past. "I enjoy horse riding and photography... Oh, would you like to see some of the pictures I've taken?"

---

"Hey, let me come with you. I have nothing to do, anyways..." Akaya suggested, shouldering his bag and getting up. "There aren't any worthy opponents to challenge at the tennis courts."

Alex nodded when Conquest asked for confirmation on her request. She sipped her own cup of tea as Conquest told her about himself. Conquest peeked her interest when he told Alex that he was from nobility. It seemed a little unbelievable but not entirely impossible. On top of that he was dressed a little extravagantly so he certainly fit the bill. She nibbled on a few crackers as Conquest talked. "I'd love to see some of your pictures." Alex said with quite a bit more enthusiasm than she had intended.

Edited by En'K'Haral

Death chuckled, rounding another corner on her horse. Just because you've shooed away your lovely beast, doesn't mean the rest of us should. I've already shaken off some sort of detective, and they seemed fine with the prospect of Death killing to stop unjust murder. She paused for a moment, thoughtful. Although, that might just have been because she was scared of me... She shook her head, as if to clear it, returning to the previous subject.

If you're not running, then why mask your scent? I certainly felt it subside when you noticed me enter the city. Please tell me, oh War, that you don't avoid me for all of my moaning? Then, as an afterthought, Although, you and Famine do give me headaches sometimes...

Edited by Shadowwolf6

Certainly not. Your horses are dear to you, as mine is to me, but I have the tact to know when mine is not needed, and he understands.

War looked up at the television calmly, watching the game of football motioning over the screen. Captions with dark backgrounds scrolled quickly at the base of the monitor, showing how fast the commentators were talking. It was muted, though, in favor of the live music being played.

No murder is just. He took a sip of his drink, continuing to speak through the motion.

I mask my scent because I've no interest in being noticed. I am volatility incarnate. Mankind gives me wide berth, moves to the sides as if I am a ship splitting a wake. Those attuned in psyche can detect I am different. I avoid not just you and our fellows, but all of those who have no reason to be seeking me. It begs a question, and one that you have not answered. One that I have already asked. Why do you seek me?

Edited by Arctic