Skellybones

The Horsemen of Apocalypse

(Hey can i join in too please?)

Username: Shyrus

Name: Cora

Appearance: (Sorry i couldn't find a picture.) She is an albino. White hair, red eyes, and pale.

Personality: Rp'd.

History: rp'd

With or against the horsemen: With

Trying to recapture them: No

Other:nothing. smile.gif

((Denied, just double check the rules, maybe add something to your form, then I'll accept you!))

Death rode on, slowly decreasing the height she was at. She found herself in a fairly familiar place. A slight smile occupied her face. It was where the horsemen had first appeared. The smile disappeared as her eyes narrowed. Where she had saved that woman's life. As her horse landed, it took up its disguise. A thin, dappled horse. It looked quite old to a mortal's eye. Death sheathed her scythe, as reigns grew around the horse's muzzle. Moments later, the transformation was complete. Death still wore her cloak, of course, but she looked like an innocent horse rider. All she hoped was that the mortals wouldn't notice she wasn't from around here. Death and her horse trotted around the corner, into the street where the incident had taken place. Yellow police tape blocked it off from pedestrians and cars, but there was a small path by the side. Her horse halted, and Death tilted her head to one side, watching with curiosity what the mortal police were doing. Humans fascinated her.

Conquest snorted and rode off on Snow. Now that he was free a while, he decided to go take a tour. He landed on the outskirts of a small town and twirled his crown on his finger, his bow nowhere in sight. Snow snorted and stomped a hoof on the ground while a saddle and reigns appeared. She always hated this part. Conquest chuckled as his clothes turned into a suit which resembled a jockey's. Then, he led his horse into a nearby park, blending in with the other nobles there. Surrey's parks were know to be popular to the rich, so he had no trouble blending in there.

Username: XiaoChibi

Name: Violet

Appearance: Violet

Personality: Violet is a quiet person, only speaking when addressed to.

History: As a child, Violet had a fondness for horses since she admired their beauty. When she was older, Violet began taking riding lessons and became an adept at it. However, now that she's in college, her time spent on riding has been diminishing.

Other: Never going down without a fight

Username: XiaoChibi

Name: Violet

Appearance: Violet

Personality: Violet is a quiet person, only speaking when addressed to.

History: As a child, Violet had a fondness for horses since she admired their beauty. When she was older, Violet began taking riding lessons and became an adept at it. However, now that she's in college, her time spent on riding has been diminishing.

Other: Never going down without a fight

((Accepted! Start RPing when you want!))

Another town. It seemed that all of Famine's walking led him to another cluster of civilization. It was silly that he even walked at all- he did have a horse. But to the Horseman, walking made him blend in with the populace and out of the eyesight of the other Horsemen. He had let his four-legged beast to wander off some time ago, but it would appear at a moment's notice if he called for it. It was nice to have a reliable mount that he didn't have to keep watch over to prevent it from hurting itself.

Famine looked like any other person walking down the street, if not a bit thinner than those around him. He could sense that he was getting closer to the other Horsemen, and it disgruntled him only slightly. He would only be spotted if they were looking. The only time they looked was when Death wanted to tell him he was causing too much dying for her to handle at one time, usually when War and Conquest were buzzing around causing trouble as well. It was not his fault that War trampled the crops and Conquest stole the rest for his own little cluster of humans that he toyed with before dropping them off a cliff for their own devices or something. Death wasn't the only one who had too much on their plate during those times, but Famine never could argue with any of the other Horsemen about it.

He would pass through this town, Famine decided, gazing about the buildings and people who scuffled passed. He would leave it alone for now, and come back another time when he knew for sure the Horsemen weren't around to bug him. As for now, he would enjoy his time under the radar until he was spotted.

Alex heaved a sigh and leaned against the wall. Sure enough there was nothing that indicated that the woman was lieing. No matter how many times she went over the scene it clearly indicated that there was a horse and that it didn't go anywhere despite not being there. She took out a camara snapped some pictures of the scene being sure to cover every inch of the place. She wanted to avoide giving back a refund to the family. As she turned to leave she saw death or rather a person wearing a cloak that wa riding a horse. It was just her and Death on the street at the moment. The street behind the horseperson was quite busy. Is it possible to have the horse retrace it's tracks back onto that street? The footprints of people and police would have obliterated any additional tracks made there-after. Excited by the idea of having possibly solved a case even the police were having trouble with Alex ducked under the tape and walked to Death giving her a wave. "Excuse me! Could I ask you for a favour?" She called out to the rider. Although as she got closer Alex started getting a nervous chill. Something didn't seem quite right with this person, something about them was...scary. "That is...if you have the time I mean." She said feeling herself starting to lose confidence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim arrived at the deli and greeted the owner like an old friend. He was on such friendly terms with the owner because Tim went to her Deli all the time and pretty much always got the same sandwhich. "Usual Tim?" "Yes please. Hold the drink though, co-worker got me one." The lady nodded and started preparing Tim's sandwich. Tim walked to the cash register and waited for her to ring up the price. Once his sandwhich was done she placed it on a plate and wrang up the cost. Time paid and took his food to a window seat in the deli.

Edited by En'K'Haral

Death lowered her head. Her eyes fell into shadow. She gave the policewoman a cool smile. "Of course, officer." She patted her horse soothingly. It didn't like having flesh. It shifted onto either pair of feet nervously, and its eyes were set deeper than most others. It was probably it who put most people off, although a rider with a scythe always struck terror into them. It was a shame Death wasn't carrying it with her at the moment. That would cast fear into this mere mortal's mind. Death smiled to herself, looking quite odd with bright blue eyes contrasting her dark, black hair. They almost glowed in the shadow.

"Oh, I'm not an officer just a private detective. I'm Alexandria Williams, you can just call me Alex though." Alex said waving off the formality. "Anyways could I get you to just walk your horse down this street a little and the back to here without turning around and only stepping on the first set of hoofprints you made?" Alex asked cutting to the chase and not asking for the rider's name. Of course she wanted to get this over with as soon as possible as this rider was really giving her the chills. Everything about her seemed creepy even her eyes which almost seemed like they had an unnatural glow to them.

Death raised an eyebrow. "The ones that I made?" Her voice lost its kind, piteous tone, instead being replaced something closer to a demand, something that sounded slightly like her horse. She caught herself, shutting her eyes, and muttering to herself in a language that defiantly wasn't English, Chinese, or any other language on this planet. When she opened her eyes, they were slightly less intense, and she tried to smile. Deciding that tactic wouldn't work, she nudged her horse forward. "Of course... Where is it you want me to stand?"

"Well when you walk forward it will leaves prints. I just want you to backtrack through those." Alex explain sensing some confusion. The rider who was definately a woman went silent a moment after muttering something obscure. The creepy lady on the horse agreed to the exercise which would definately help Alex a lot. "Just follow me." She said leading Death to a relatively dirty area near the scene. She needed to be absolutly sure about this. "I'm just going to lead you forward a couple paces and then back over them." She began walkeing over the dirty area indicating that Death should follow her lead although not directly behind her.

Death nodded, and her horse readily obeyed, not even needing a tap, like any other... normal... horse would need. Once she had done as asked, Death looked back towards the detective. "So what happened?" She asked, her voice casual, and persuasive. If she was careful, she could find out how far they were getting in the case, and if she needed to do a little trimming of the tree of life.

Alex was looking over the footprints left by the horse closely. There wasn't much distortion from the back tracking, nothing a little practice couldn't rub out. Alex snapped a few pictures of the tracks for herself and looked up at Death. "Well I was checking to see if a horse could back up over it's tracks with no distortion to them. You have a little distortion but nothing some practice can't deal with and I'm sure that's exactly what the killer had plenty of. That said your horse is very well trained to be able to cover them so closely with no practice at all. Thank's for your help uhh...I actually didn't et your name miss." Alex said to Death still feeling uneasy about the woman but she had been very helpful so far so there couldn't be that much to worry about could there?

Death smiled. "Let me ask you a question; Do you believe that these 'horsemen' are roaming around, like its nobody's business?" Her horse voiced its complaint in the form of a high-pitched whinny, getting close to the sound it normally made. Death could instantly tell it didn't approve of her dropping clues. Anyway, it was about time she started having some... fun...

At first Alex was confused by the lady's question then she recalled what the woman had claimed to see. "You mean like the horsemen of the apocolypse? I'm not really sure what to think on that, I certainly hope that if they are real they're not wandering around now. I hate to think that the world was coming to an end. On top of that can you imagine how frieghtening it would be to meet with Death or War? I consider myself pretty brave but I don't know if I could handle an encounter with one of them. On the other hand the stories are probably just that, stories. Especially in this case, the witness only claimed to have seen one horseman wielding a sythe. If anything I think it's a killer with a sick sense of humour." Alex said explaining her theory and answering death's question.

Death held her hand out, as the scythe's handle grew from thin air. She held the dark wood as a glittering blade sprouted like a fountain spurting molten silver. Her horse's flesh decayed, leaving pure white bone. The saddle faded with it. She stood, watching the mortal with curiosity and interest. "What are you views on the matter now?" She asked, her blue eyes expectant and knowing. "Or do you still not recognize me?" She shifted on the horse, letting the blade glitter in the sunlight, she certainly wasn't showing off, that was far too much like Conquest.

(( Keep in mind that my initial post indicated it was night, so I'm writing as if this had already happened. ))

The night advanced onward steadily, clouds moving across the sky in a peculiar crawl. The tall, lonesome man continued on his trek down the A14. Thrice, cars had slowed in preparation to stop, but each one sped up at nearly the last second, sensing some strange danger or otherworldly presence about the man. Two other cars had actually stopped. One had been full of kids; college students who had nothing better to do than harass people in the night. One errant glance from the man and the kids had driven off, terrified of the sudden aura that overwhelmed them. The second was an elderly couple - they had no room in their car, but they were simply making sure he was okay. He was, and he told them as much, and he bid them good night.

It was at around five in the morning, with the first ushering of to-work traffic, that another car slowed. This time, it was a police car. It flashed its light once and the man stopped walking, turning and allowing it to pull up. Two cops spoke to the man now, just like the couple had before. They made sure he wasn't intoxicated or on drugs, informed him he had been reported as a suspicious person, asked where he was going - the whole nine yards. When he had explained he was simply "heading to Cambridge" because his "auto broke down" and he had "family" there, the officers were satisfied and offered him a ride. Though he was almost there already, it was a kind gesture, and he did not turn it down.

He climbed in and shook hands briefly with each officer, giving a polite smile. They introduced themselves as Ron and Perry. Both were middle aged as near as the immortal could tell. It wasn't long before they started bickering, influenced by the (currently rather light) aura around the immortal, who sat quietly in the back seat, a hand on his camera equipment laying off to the side. Guns n' Roses played on the radio, but Perry eventually turned it off to continue their argument. The immortal wasn't concerned. It was about sports, and nothing he was interesting at that.

He was eventually dropped off outside the Cambridge Police Station without so much as a goodbye. The officers sped off and the immortal simply affixed his hat and continued on, walking down Parkside before turning right on to A603. It wasn't long before he was once more alongside a highway, and this one went straight to London; the M11. By the time he started walking, it was midmorning, the sun peeking over the horizon.

((Gah! Sorry Artic I totally forgot about that x.x))

Alex watched as Death silently reached out her hand and from no where a pole began to form. Even before the blade began to form fear was rising in the back of Alex's mind, it was a primal fear that threatened to consume her. However, although great fear rose Alex's natural curiosity was plenty to keep her there for the whole show as the blade of a scythe sprouted from what she had thought to be a pole but was now clearly a shaft.

Worse than the weapon was the horse, decaying away like a forsaken corpse to leave only bone. When it was done Alex's uneasiness was completely replaced by full blown fear and yet she did not run. In fact Alex didn't do much of anything except stand still and shake for a moment. Her fear was enough to make her want to run but her curiosity even greater and caused her to stay. The conflict of the two emotions only resulted in her shaking as she stood watching Death until finally she remembered to breath, the small action was enough to allow for some clarity of thought. "You, are Death." The words were almost chocked out.

Alex acknowledged the rider but what was next? She focused for a moment on just breathing and clam started to return to her. Death had asked a question, what was it? What are my views on this matter...now? "I...still don't really know. It' clear your right here and real and I guess that means you were hear with Smith died. Does this mean it's the end of the world or perhaps just..." Alex didn't finish. She wasn't up to proclaiming her own death as a possibility.

Edited by En'K'Haral

Death smiled at the mortal, holding her scythe close. "Yes. I am Death, as I always have been, and always will be." Her eyes narrowed thoughtfully, before anger boiled beneath the surface of her mind. "Why does everyone suddenly associate us with the end of the world? Did you know we used to be called the 'Horsemen of Creation'?" She sighed, remembering when they were known for good. She stared into space for a few moments, reminiscing, before returning her gaze to the human, her expression serious. "No. We come for another reason. A reason greater than the end. A mission of beginning. We will not cause this world to end, we shall save it. But for that, we need your co-operation. We need you to believe, and to try not to interfere. That would be a very bad idea, considering the horrors that are about to dominate our planet."

Alex felt fear rising in her again as Death asked why everyone associated the end of the world to them and even asked if she knew they used to be called the horsemen of creation. "No, I didn't...in fact I don't think there is anyone that does." She said feeling a tinge of shame. She may have been scared for her life but there was no denying that Death here didn't seem interested in killing Alex.

The horseman explained that they were there for the exact opposite, they were trying to save the world. That peaked Alex's interest, the horsemen who's very names and purposes were destructive wanted to save the world? This is making less and less sense. How can things like Death and War save the world? I can see that working with Conquest but the other just don't fit the savior bill. She thought to herself a little confused. Alex took a breath and looked up at Death. "What are you saving the world from?" She asked curios to know what it was that would make beings who were prophesied to end the world want to save it instead.

Death smiled, knowing exactly what the mortal was thinking. "We're saving it from what we have been saving it from since we first came. You humans weren't the first... intelligent life form to come to this planet." She gestured to the ground. "You predecessors are awakening. They are coming. Me, Conquest, War and Famine would have stayed chained inside a room if we were not needed." The last comment was said with annoyance, as her gaze turned hard, before she continued on the answer the unspoken questions. "Death helps more than it hinders. The funny thing is, people run from me, when they really should be running from this fella." She patted the horse to indicate who she was meaning. "I am merely the... cowboy, I suppose. My horse is the gatekeeper. I simply do murders, suicides and attend the more important deaths. War, you wander how he helps?" The playful smile returned. "War is needed for you humans to take out your anger, and to inspire you to fight the unknown evils of your world. How would it be if you did not have arguments? Small fights, verbal and physical? Conquest. If you did not have him, then what would your world be like? Probably more stealing, murder. No rules. No conquest. Famine. Well, you can't expect life to be easy, can you? It's a way of... pruning the human tree. Ridding you of the weak." Death nodded to the human, her horse shifting slightly, readying itself for flight. "We may not help you directly, but believe it or not, we are a big part of your lives. We help in many ways.

"Now, I really must be off. Places to see, deaths to attend, all of that stuff. To answer your case, I did kill this man. You mortals really must understand that we did not stay chained because we were chained. We were merely waiting. If I were you, I wouldn't mention it to your... what do you call them? Your seniors. The ones you report to." A grin replaced the smile. "They might think you a little out of your head." Death waved her scythe, and the horse set off, gathering speed quickly. "If I am needed... Call me. Out into the open air. Any of us shall come if you simply ask." The horse's hooves lifted from the tarmac, stepping on invisible stairs, climbing up into the sky.

((Derp for the long post O.o))

Alex listened carefully to Death's explination. Although Alex had no idea what else could be on the earth it was clear by Death's tone that it was a serious problem. As Death spoke about her role in relation to her horse Alex glanced down into the empty sockets of the mount. Wait, Death...isn't Death? She thought still staring at the gatekeeper. And this thing is the gatekeeper? Even though Death explained her role it wasn't sinking in completely.

What caught Alex off-gaurd was that Death was now talking about the other horsemen, she hadn't even asked about them. How did she know what I was thinking!? Weather or not Death could read minds was irrelivent. As an immortal being who was a manifestation of an inevitable event all humans faced Alex just jumped to the conclusion that Death could read her mind. However, the woman re-composed herself telling herself it was impossible even for an immortal to read a person's mind. Alex calmed down just in time for Death to announce her departure. "So the lady wasn't losing her mind when she said she saw you." Alex murmured to herself. "Just call your names...ok" Was she seriously about to accept all this absurd information? Alex didn't know.

"To my superiors...wait!" But Death was already in the air and soaring away. "I'm not with the police." She muttered half-heartidly. "Hey! No civilians, this is a crime scene!" A beat cop called out to Alex from the main road. "I'm sorry I was just leaving." She said rushing past the cop.

((what's wrong with big posts? Not every post needs to be huge but big isn't bad.))

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim finished his lunch with a satisfied grin and a new determination to get back onto the case. He paid the bill and left the Deli with a new spring in his step. "Nothing beats a solid meal." he said happily to himself as he made his way to the station again.

After a long and tiring day at college, eighteen year old Violet, wanted nothing more than to sit back and relax. As she slumped onto an overstuffed sofa, she grabbed the remote control and turned on the TV.

"...Police are now investigating the death of a man named Robert Smith," the reporter said.

Robert Smith?

"According to the police, Smith had previously assaulted his wife; the woman is now in a mental hospital," he continued. "However, the only evidence we have is the hoof prints left at the site. And now, the current weather is cloudy with a chance of showers in the evening."

"Strange," Violet muttered. "How unfortunate, who could've possibly done such a thing?"

((I wasn't sure how to start so... >.<))

It was after a couple hours that a car finally stopped, pulling over to the left side of the freeway to meet the immortal's hitchhiker's signal. A college student who couldn't have been more than twenty sat in the driver's seat. War took a moment to survey his face, then approached the window and leaned down, saying nothing. The student blinked and furrowed his brow, as if somehow offended that the hitchhiker hadn't introduced himself.

“So, uh. You need a lift, mate?” The man inquired.

“That I do,” War replied softly. A soft silence fell between them, lifting only after a few long moments when the driver spoke.

“Er. Alright. Where're ya heading?” He asked.

“London, if it can't be considered too much trouble.”

“Hah! Not at all. Heading there m'self to help a buddy move.” The student offered a smile. War gave a nod, but did not return the expression. He opened the passenger side door and stepped in, setting his equipment in the back. In the moderately sized sedan, his head nearly touched the roof. He shut the door, laid his hands in his lap and looked to the driver. The two men exchanged glance, and a hint of regret shone on the student's face, as if suddenly sure he had made a bad move. Despite that, he put the car in to drive and returned to the freeway. War turned to his left and watched the world go by outside.

It was after about thirty minutes of silence that War noticed the man rapping his fingers across the steering wheel, as if agitated. Certainly an effect of his aura.

“You, uh. You feel tense?” The student asked, shooting a quick glance to the immoral.

“Somewhat,” came his simple reply.

“I'm a little, uh... agitated. Sorry I'm so twitchy.”

“It's quite alright.” War gave a single nod.

“It'll be, uh. Another hour or so 'til we're there.”

“Very well.” The immortal returned his gaze outside the window.

Another silence fell over the men. It was lighter this time, less tense. Eventually, the student adjusted to the immortal's aura and seemed to calm down. That was generally what happened when War was calm, but if he chose to make his aura more prominent, it was something that nobody really got used to. He considered it rather fun to start bar fights that way, although he rarely participated.

Eventually, the car entered the London city limits. The driver looked over. “So, uh, hey. Never got your name.”

“William,” he replied simply.

“Right, right. Well, William, you have any interest in earning a bit of cash or a beer or somethin'?”

“I might.”

“Well, like I said, I'm helpin' my friend move. And, uh, you're a pretty big guy. Think you could lend some help, or you on a schedule?”

“Certainly.” War looked over to the man, his expression solemn. He nodded once.

“Alright, alright, cool.”

It was late morning when the two arrived at the apartment building in backstreet London. The student – who had introduced himself as Todd Fisher – had offered to buy lunch for the immortal, but he had declined. Todd parked the car and the two men exited.

((It's just that I don't often post... really... long posts O.o

And that's fine, XiaoChibi xd.png))

Death's horse continued on. Death enjoyed the long rides provided by her... job. They were strangely soothing and provided a distraction from the task at hand. She checked with her horse as they rode, keeping her eyes fixed on the distant city ahead. "So, a suicide, nothing too big... Jump into a river... that sort of thing?"

Yes.

"Would you mind if I asked how you know of this death, despite the fact that it hasn't actually happened yet?"

Yes.

Death sighed. Her horse was often cryptic, and never gave her answers that actually explained everything. It liked to give the excuse that it would 'Ruin the surprise' as it put it.

Alex glanced back at the cop who had shoed her away for a moment before sighing once she was farther away. Just call their names? What was I thinking when I said I would do that? And since when the heck can horses fly!? Alex was struggling with all that she had witnessed, for a moment she thought she might also be insane like the woman. No...I have enough sanity to question it so my mind must still be intact. But then that means all that really just happened. She pondered rounding a corner onto the same street as the police station. She had to walk past it to get back to her office/home.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Timothy walked back to the station. It was time to clock back in and resume banging his head off the desk. Surely by the time this case was over there would a mold of his face in the desktop. It just doesn't make sense. How can you have a horse that just poofs into non-exist-"oof" Tim had bumped into someone while lost in thought looking at the person he had bumped into he saw a girl. "I'm sorry miss" Alex looked up at the officer. "It's fine." Alex walked around the cop and continued home. While Timothy took this oppertunity to cross the street and get inside the station again.