Skellybones

The Horsemen of Apocalypse

((Hmm... it would be interesting to do romance with Conquest...))

Conquest was fitting in perfectly. Naturally, a few of the ladies had come over to start flirting with him and he responded with polite nods and disarming smiles. However, he slowly began to get bored. He had already conquered the hearts of these women and began to get seriously bored. He needed a new challenge. He excused himself and bid farewell to the ladies before riding away on Snow. Wondering where he could find some fun, Conquest began to explore absentmindedly. He looked around to make sure there was no one around before letting the saddle and reigns melt away. Snow gave a snort of satisfaction as Conquest's clothes returned to the normal royal looking ones. Just a little less flashy this time. Then he rode into the skies and to the nearest city, landing in the outskirts of the city. Ah yes, he knew this place, it was where Death had killed that... that man. he allowed a genuine smile to creep over his face before going back to the plastic showy one and riding into the city, reigns and saddle coming back, much to Snow's annoyance.

((I think I might know who he's gonna target xd.png))

Death's horse slowed to a trot, it's hooves clopping on the pavement of the city streets. Again it had donned its disguise, grumbling at the spirit's choice of company. Often Death had to remind it that it was the horse that had told her, not Death herself. She had plenty of time to spare, plenty of time to wander around London, watching mortals with their daily business. They would never cease to amaze this horseman. No, she was too interested in their daily life. People stopped and stared as they saw both rider and horse, marveling at the fact that someone would even bring a horse into the outskirts of London, let alone the center. Death couldn't understand why they weren't used to it. After all, their streets used to be filled with the poor beasts, dragging carts along full of humans. No wonder they had awoken, what, with all of the hoof clopping going on above...

Famine needed someplace to hide. He could feel some of the fellow Horsemen nearby, possibly in the same cluster of civilization that he was in. The last thing he wanted was to run into one of them. So he acted human. He ambled around, feigning interest at magazines and the front covers of newspapers as he passed. He was a bit disgusted with some of these 'styles' that were 'trending'. The Horseman had found himself in what seemed to be the shopping district, or at least a block that all that seemed to have was stores. He partook in a human activity known as 'window shopping'- pretending to at least as he paused at a few windows to look at the displays.

With plenty of time on his hands, Famine slipped into a grocery store, his eyes trailing over the piles of produce. He didn't touch anything, though, as it would start spreading some illness if he did. He wasn't in the mood to start another food crisis. He glanced at the prices, listened in on a few conversations before wandering through the aisles.

What was displayed on the shelves proved much more interesting than anything else. The further he went back into the building, the more artificial the food seemed to get. He couldn't help but stop and pick up a box of what looked like some sort of noodles- the colorful box displaying an image of well-prepared noodles. But turning the box around and reading the ingredients, all that made up whatever was in the package was chemicals and a random assortment of spices. "People...eat this stuff...?"

(Haven't posted for a few days, so here, have a Famine trying to figure out what Ramen noodles is.)

((had a minor bout of writers' block xd.png))

I wonder what should I do now? Usually, after taking a moment to relax, Violet enjoyed taking a walk around town before she had a meal. However, Violet found herself to be running out of food, so going to the store seemed like the most ideal place to go. The supermarket wasn't far from where Violet lived; it was only a mere block away. Once she reached 'Happy Foods,' the grocery store (she had no idea why the owners chose such a childish name for a store), she hurried in, anxious to get back home. Violet saw the usual shoppers eying the prices like hawks. Even so, there was a young man standing near the instant noodles looking perplexed at the packages.

Who is he? Did that person just move here? Perhaps I should ask him. Violet took a deep breath and walked towards the unknown person and asked him, "Excuse me, but are you new here? I'm Violet, and it's a pleasure to meet you."

((Bam.))

Edited by XiaoChibi

Alex continued to wandered to her home. She actually lived pretty far from the crime scene but didn't have enough money to afford bus tickets. Heck most of the money she recieved from her clients had gone to groceries and various bills. Well the photos I took should be able to provide some proof to the family that it could have been a regular person backtracking over the steps. That should satisfy them enough to not want a refund...I hope. Alex's stomach grumbled in protest to not having eaten since breakfast early that morning which had been followed almost immediatly by the long walk to the crime scene. I should probably turn over those piictures to the police as well at some point. They'll want some thing to work from to close this case. But, if I do that knowing who the real killer is wouldn't that be an obstruction of justice?

----------------------------------------------------------

Tim walked into the station and punched back in from lunch. "Anything new?" He asked one of the other officers casually despite having an idea of the answer already. When his co-workers answered no he sighed. Part of the officer wished that some one might have had an epiphony. Tim sat at the desk and pulled the file out again and began going over the evidence writing down ideas as they came to him, not that any had much merit.

Edited by En'K'Haral

Famine was a bit intrigued about this new discovery of artificial noodles, but at the same time, it was rather disturbing. He had to applaud humans that they could come up with something vaguely familiar as nourishment without the use of farm fields, but he was sure that some of these chemicals weren’t exactly healthy. In the quest for convenient food, did the humans put health at the wayside? It was rather strange. Human cuisine was strange.

“Excuse me,”

Famine nearly dropped the colorful box of unhealthy appetite-quencher as someone beside him spoke. They weren’t even speaking to someone near him- they were speaking to him. His dark eyes turned sharply to stare at the speaker, finding a girl who introduced herself as Violet. Why did she think he wanted someone to bother him now? Crap, he was supposed to answer her, wasn’t he? That’s what people do- have conversations. He could barely speak to his fellow Horsemen, let alone speak to humans.

“I-uh.” He sounded utterly ridiculous. He inwardly cursed at himself as he fumbled with the colorful box, managing to shove it back into the shelf where it belonged. “H-hello I-I was just...” He backed up a bit, knocking a box or two of colorful noodles onto the floor. Great, now he was looking stupid and suspicious. “Just passing through,” he managed to mutter as he scooped the boxes up and shoved them a bit harshly onto the shelf, crumpling the sides a bit. “I should…should get going.” He scurried backwards, running into another shelf, ignoring the assault of instant soups raining down before he managed to turn around completely and try to flee the store.

Famine hated it when he panics. He always made a mess of things.

The immortal adjusted his felt hat, gathered his camera equipment and meandered in to the apartment block after Todd. The building was by no means impressive. It was three stories tall and situated on the corner of two streets, the main entrance leading out diagonally on to where the two sidewalks met at an almost 90 degree angle. There were alleyways on either side of the building, each with a fire escape leading up to the roof and down to ground level. They were assuredly filled with graffiti, but the immortal took no time to look. This part of the city wasn't particularly the nicest.

He was led up to the third floor, ascending up some stairs. They passed a large stack of boxes and some furniture on the first floor as they went, a woman (presumably the girlfriend of the tenant who was moving) sitting on a chair to safeguard it all. Despite the meager look of the building from the outside, it was quite nice. There was an interior courtyard with a swimming pool and a few neatly trimmed trees. It threatened rain today and it was somewhat chilly; the immortal noticed that there was only one person in the pool.

Eventually, he and Todd reached apartment #321. Todd smiled and he and his friend (who was in the process of dragging a couch out) exchanged pleasantries. The man introduced himself as Auldry and regarded “William” cautiously. The two shook hands and the immortal noticed him recoil a bit and twitch his eye at his surprisingly firm, tense grip. An awkward silence ensued for several moments before Auldry chuckled nervously and the trio of men began the empty out the apartment.

It took less than an hour, and War left with thirty quid and without a word. He took a left from the apartment, wandering down the road, glancing around at the various shops and buildings. He stood about a head higher (at the very least) from those around him, and there was almost an untouchable bubble of space around him. People would go a few feet out of their way just to avoid bumping in to him. It left him with quite a bit of personal space.

He stopped when his eyes caught a hat store. He turned to face the window, browsing their selection quietly and with little expression on his face.

((I love the personalities you guys are giving Conquest, War and Famine x) After all, what War spirit wouldn't be interested in hats?))

Death nudged her horse onward, a scowl on her face now. She could sense two other horsemen, nearby, of course. She smiled at her desire to start a fight, maybe kill a few mortals, and the feeling of slight sickness. Oh yes, Death knew exactly who was about. London's normal, busy bustle, was slightly interrupted by the presence of not one, two, but three horsemen. Her horse voiced its protest to her thoughts with a low whinny, rising slightly onto its hind legs. She patted its neck, feeling the bones beneath, in reassurance.

Surely she could visit her fellow horsemen when she wished? After all, neither War nor Famine was causing an excess of death. War wasn't causing people to murder others, and Famine wasn't making people starve. Death had to be able to visit her horsemen for something like a social visit, and not simply to moan at them.

Yes, that's what she'd do whilst she waited for this person to commit suicide.

"That awkward moment when you meet a shy guy," Violet muttered to herself. "You know what? Scratch that. He's socially awkward." She bent down and picked up the instant noodles, placing them back onto the shelf. Then, she placed a package of ramen into her basket headed towards the produce section. Legions of fruits and vegetables stood upon stands. Violet plucked some tomatoes and avacadoes from the shelf. In another aisle, she got a jar of salsa for guacamole and packages of pasta.

"I hope I have some chips at home," Violet said, crossing her fingers. "It would be a pity to not have any." After she finished her shopping, Violet walked to the cash register and waited in line. Fortunately, the wait wasn't long and the cashier placed the food in paper bags.

"Have a nice day," the cashier remarked. And so, Violet picked her bags up and began the brief journey home.

As Conquest rode, he started thinking about things. He was utterly confused at why rich people liked dressing as jockeys and why they would grace the plebeian population with their presence and why they would want to send the day in a plebeian park. His eyes caught a shop, more specifically, a jewelry shop. Did you really think any other shop would catch his eye? He made Snow pause in front of the shop, ignoring the weird, admiring or dreamy stares of passerbys. There were diamonds and rubies and emeralds and thousands of other precious stones in that one shop. Unconsciously, his smile widened and his eyes gleamed. Snow was staring at a amethyst, but then gave a whine of protest at standing here doing nothing. However, Conquest didn't hear the horse, he just kept staring at the jewelry.

Alex's train of thoughts was broken when she started to hear people whispering. Looking around at the other people she saw that most of them were staring at a man on a snow white horse. Please don't be anyone wierd. All this bizzarness is bad for my health. She thought with slight irritation but was completely unaware that a slight pink tinge had come to her cheeks. The man and apparently his horse as well were staring intently at a jewelry shop. As Alex got closer to Conquest she noticed the heat coming to her cheeks and the fact that now she too was staring at the man. She glanced away. Get a grip. So what if he's handsome? He's probably a prick, like any other hot guy. She thought furiously and clung to it like a life saver. Alex closed her eyes, quickened her pace, and turned her head away from the horseman as she walked past him. Although that didn't succeed for very long. With her eyes closed she wasn't watching where she was going and barreled straight into another person. She dropped her camara and it broke on the ground. "No, shoot my pictures!" She said practically diving for the broken camara and totally ignoring the very frustrated woman she had bumped into. Damn, my friend always said to buy case for this stupid thing, I hope the memory card is at least ok.

Conquest blinked out of his trance at Snow's startled whine at Alex's fall. "Ah... Sorry, Snow..." he muttered before looking at the woman who had broken her camera. The camera intrigued him. Dismounting Snow, Conquest bent down and picked up the memory card that had flown out when the camera was dropped. He studied it for a moment before turning to the woman with his plastic smile and asking, "Is this yours?"

Alex was too busy frantically searching for the memory card to notice that conquest had joined in her search. At least not until he spoke to her. "What?" She said looking straight up into his plastic smile and then to the memory card in his hand. "Yes thankyou." She said the slight pink tinge returning to her cheeks as she took it from him. Alex caught sight of some of the venemous glares flying her way from the other women. Well at least he seems normal enough...for a man on horse in this day and age. She knew that horseback riding was a popular sport but she had never seen people just riding their horses around in the city. "My name's Alexandria Williams. It's nice to meet you." She said holding out her hand to shake his. It was polite to introduce yourself after all.

Conquest blinked for a second, slightly baffled by the gesture, but covered it up quickly by taking her hand and kissing it. He then looked directly into her eyes. "Claudius Oxford," he said, using the name he had come up with when he was talking to those ladies from before. Then, he proceeded to help Alex up onto her feet, either ignoring or not noticing the people around them. "A pleasure to meet you. This is my horse, Snow," he gave Snow a pat and Snow gave a neigh of greetings, playing her part. He smiled in the way he always did at the lady, but, his attention was actually focused more on the camera.

((Ooooohh this is getting interesting x)

I'm waiting for either Famine or War, whichever posts first >:3))

What is he...uhhh. Despite the natural the action had, Conquest kissing Alex's hand only managed to make her feel wierd. OK...not so normal. At least he isn't like Death. She thought as he helped her up. The glares from other women were driving daggers into Alex's back. In order to distract herself from that fact Alex cleared her throat. "It's a pleasure Claudius. You can call me Alex..." She trailed off again as Claudius didn't really seem all that interested in her and looked more intrigued by her now busted camara. Which had cost her 200 pounds at that too. "Thank's for finding my memory card. You look like you have an interest in camaras, are you a photographer?" She asked presuming he at least knew what one was.

((I'm not familier with the currency so correct me on any points please. happy.gif I based the camara's price off of a camara I saw for 400 CAN$ as I recall the pound is worth at least twice as much as the canadian dollar.))

((Exact currency FTW!

400 Can$ would be £255.67. Just use the google currency converter xd.png))

Conquest blinked, mulling over her words for a while. Wait. Photographer? Then... That thing was a Camera?! The last camera Conquest had seen was a giant one with a lense that kinda stuck out and a odd button and cloth that you used. So... this tiny thing was the new camera, huh? Interesting... "Well..." 'Claudius' began, "It's more of a hobby than a job. I like capturing shots of nature." The lie came out smoothly, "And taking photos of anything that catches my eye, especially precious metals..." That was not a lie, but his smile stayed the same as he drew his attention from the camera, successfully making it seem that he was not baffled by the difference of cameras between different time periods.

The immortal stood solemnly before the window, perusing the selection of hats fitted on the heads of the various white, soulless mannequins in the window. He speculated that they used full-body dolls rather than just the heads as a way to capture attention to the store. Regardless, after two minutes of window shopping, he continued on his way. Once more, people seemed to avoid him like the plague, not taking too kindly to his natural malevolence. On top of this minor annoyance (he didn't particularly like standing out from a crowd), the presence of his all too familiar peers was growing to be powerful enough that he couldn't ignore it.

He took off his hat, smoothed back his hair and replaced it, closing his eyes as he walked and taking a single, solitary deep breath. As he exhaled, the air seemed to blur with what might have been heat. The purpose wouldn't have been immediately clear to any onlookers, but it could be noticed that people seemed no longer afraid to stride past after that; he had, for the mean time, sedated his aura. In the back of his mind, he acknowledged two things - one, that his fellow horsemen would have far more trouble finding him now and two, they may assume that something had happened and come looking anyway.

If they did, so be it. It wasn't as if he hated them. No, they were kin to him. He simply held distaste for their mannerisms, and for the mannerisms of the common human. He liked best the State of Nature, wherein murder was an acceptable means to survive and cannibalism was acceptable in certain circumstance.

He was awakened from his thought process by a young woman brushing past him, her shoulder jabbing at his arm. He turned his head to gaze at her. She was skinny, walked with a haughty manner and wore what was, unfortunately, customary for people such as her; a short skirt and a spaghetti strap top. The immortal grimaced and turned back forwards. True beauty was lost on humans, and had been for some time, he could tell.

War adjusted his hat and continued on. He would have been no more noticeable than any other human in the crowd were it not for his abnormal height.

Her horse shrieked. Or at least, it neighed. To people around her, it just sounded as if it were in pain. They stared at her, as if she were cruel. Death almost smiled. Humans. So protective over animals, and yet the real offenders were themselves. She felt one of the presences in the back of her mind fade slowly. This time, Death was true to her emotions. So War wanted to play, did he? She nudged the horse onwards, receiving a complaint from it. Yes. She'd say hello to War.

Alex's expression was blanik at Conquest's last statement. "You take pictures of Gold? Nature I can get but metal, really?" Alex had completely missed the surprise on conquest's face mostly because she was trying he hardest not to stare too intently at it in case she started to blush again. However, her words came off as curt even to her and Alex cleared her throat. "Pardon me, I didn't mean to be rude. Everyone is entitled to their own taste." She added quickly apologizing to the man. "But now I am curiose. If photography is just a hobby what do you do for work? It must be a well paying job if can afford to ride a horse like this wherever you like." Alex didn't know much of anything about horses but she'd learned enough to know a good one when she saw it.

The man hadn't turned out to be some kind of prick like she had thought and that had encouraged her to keep up the idle chatter. However, Alex began to feel like something was fake as she started to adjust to his aura. He was still absurdly handsom but she wasn't blushing like an infatuated school girl anymore.

Being naturally quiet, Conquest was uncomfortable with all the talking, but easily masked his discomfort with his serene demeanor. He chuckled at the apology, humans were very interesting. He tilted his head at the question about the job and then smiled wider. "I'm a model," he lied, "And I come from a rather wealthy family."

that made Alex laugh and laugh hard. The concept of a person who has picture taken as a job taking photos of metal as a hobby was just too hilarious. "Oh wow. You...you get paid to have your picture taken, and then you turn around and spend that money on taking pictures." She seemed to calm down but a small fit of giggles took over. "That's just too funney. Anyways, thanks for helping me find my camara chip. I appreciate it." She said grabbing his hand and giving it a shake instead of holding it out like before. Alex took a breath and calmed down. "Anyways mister Claudius. I must be going I have my own job to do. I have to go and disprove the existence of Death." although I really can't now.

"Now that I think about it, who was that guy?" Violet murmured, gazing up at the sky. "It was kind of weird how he just ran off." She rolled her eyes. Why is life so complicated? Stupid life. Stupid people. Stupid everything. Oh, how she wished that she could go back in time, back to the times when she had as much freedom as she wanted.

Famine finally stopped at a small park, flopping down on a bench. That was almost physically and emotionally draining. Almost. Such a small encounter in the grocery store shouldn't have been too hard, but to the Horseman, it was almost as bad as dealing with the others. He was so used to going by humans and the other Horsemen like he wasn't there, slipping in and suddenly, surprise, he was there in full force and no one could stop him. Being the one to be sneaked up on... that was something so foreign that it was practically heart-attack inducing. If, that is, he had the ability to be killed by such things.

Running his fingers through his dark hair, Famine leaned back, gazing up at the sky as he rested, calming himself from the past ordeal. He should leave this place, before someone else decided it was a marvelous idea to sneak up on him. Well, maybe in a few minutes, as of right now, the sky seemed quite peaceful. Famine watched a few fluffy clouds drift by, a slight twinge of envy of such carefree things drifting by while he lost his his cool by just a simple introduction. Stupid colorful package of noodles, distracting him from the person.