Skellybones

The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Cinemas. To be honest, Death didn't understand them. She'd gained a few curious looks as she had walked into it, before someone obviously phoned the police. Death had explained to the officer that came that she was in cosplay. He seemed satisfied enough with the answer, and allowed her to continue. She brought her tickets, and walked in to see what strange act she was going to see. After all, how else was she meant to bide her time, waiting for this person to man up and murder this other guy?

Nicole simply watched him, trembling still. An immortal. In her house, sitting next to her on the couch as if it was the most natural thing in the world for him. She hardly could hear what he was saying, save for that she shouldn't call him "Lord". She decided to stick with Ultor, as it was the name she knew him by.

Gods, she thought to herself. I had the intention of bringing him here with the goal I have for the other men I bring here. She shook her head, inwardly laughing at how gone that idea was.

God. There, actually, was something she wondered. To him, what was God? Was there even such a thing? And what did he, a creature who had been a great force of change in this world, think of where humans were now, with all their different ways to kill each other and bring destruction to enemies. Nicole wanted to ask, but she could find no words, and somewhat hoped he would see these questions in her face the way he had before.

Alex laced her fingers together as Claudius spoke. He said exactly what part of hre hoped he would say and what part of her hoped he would deny. She focused on that one fact. Despite her focus his tale of a friend's suicide did not go unheard. When he became choked up she reached out to place a comforting hand on his back but instead hesitated remember her suspicion and his statement. "It was indeed a girl on a pale horse. She spoke to me as well. She said...that I needed only call the name of a horseman and they would appear before me. Sometthing tells me...you are more to her than just a reminder of a friend. Is Claudius you're real name?" It was a plung but she needed answers.

Oddly, this time the immortal left Nicole to her own thoughts. He looked around, his surprisingly soft gaze falling on all corners of the room. He surveyed it quietly for several long moments, then sat up a bit straighter and finally looked at the woman next to him. He quirked a brow. "You needn't be so shocked, you know. Human myths had to come from somewhere. Now, some things were conjured up by drunks, parents or drunk parents. Some things were inspired. Some things were fantasy. But when you get in to theology and legends, things begin to get fuzzy." He rested his hands on his knees.

"In any case, I am rather calm right now. I won't bite. Is there anything on your mind?" He asked this as casually as a friend might.

She stood in the corner, her horse nuzzling her hand. A man staggered into view, moving toward her, eyes wide. "P-please... heelp..." he coughed the words out, reaching up to her as he fell to the ground. Death sighed, looking at the knife in his back. Why can't murderers just stab them in the right place? Why not try to finish them off in the first blow? Another man rounded the corner, coming to a stop as he saw her.

Death waved a hand. "Be off with you, I have my work to do." In the hand appeared her scythe, which she swung above the body, a shimmering light rose from it. She followed it with her eyes, before turning back to the man. "Trust me. You don't want to be here when the police come." A grim smile moved into place. "I'll be seeing you... soon..."

Nicole shook her head slowly, then paused, looking at him with an almost childish meekness. She bit her lip, eyes dropping down and to her left, something associated with inner questioning - in her case, uncertainty. After another moment, she looked back up at Ultor.

"This... this is such a human thing to ask, but..." she exhaled, shifting to pull her knees up to her chest and tucking back her hair. "Why me? Is there something you require from me, am I somehow..." A grimace. "Special? I-I mean, at the bar, you seemed to mess with everyone's memory other than mine..."

"No," he said simply. "No one on this Earth is singularly special. Each and every one is disposable and mortal. I suppose I felt rather outgoing today and you happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, thus catching my attention. Perhaps if another waitress had served me I would have gone home with her, or perhaps she would have cried and ran out of the restaurant. Perhaps." He rested his hands behind his head and looked around the room once more. "I'm surprised you can afford a flat such as this on a waitress's salary."

Somehow, Nicole was relieved by his answer. Had anyone else told her, basically, that she wasn't special, she would have sent them packing. But here and now, with what she knew and what had happened, it took a weight off of Nicole's mind. Accordingly, she exhaled and allowed a small smile to grace her lips.

In response to his next remark, she let a small giggle escape and joined him in looking over the room. "See," she started, "It isn't actually my house. A girlfriend of mine lived here several years back, and when she fell for someone else, they moved out, but left the house in my care. Now, we split the fees for it. Nice place, isn't it?" She smiled at Isaac, and the dog wagged his tail, eyeing Ultor but nudging his Master's hand slightly, asking to be pet. She obliged, rubbing his silky ears. "What's even better is I don't really need to purchase a security system for it, what with Isaac here to keep me and my stuff safe."

The immortal frown and shut his eyes at the word 'girlfriend'. A small air of hostility could be sensed in the room and it became apparent that Ultor had at least somewhat lost grip of his prior calmness. He remained silent as Nicole spoke and kept that way for a few moments after she had been done speaking. His voice still sounded calm when he finally did talk. "Suppose that a thief with a blade or gun comes in, your hound will likely not survive the encounter. Not unless trained." He sat up and rolled one of his shoulders, as if it had become stiff. "Though that is a bit of a sad state of affairs to think about, mmh?"

The immortal stood, beginning to pace around the room slowly, eyes scanning over every piece of furniture, every bit of decor. It was almost as if he was trying to distract himself. The foreboding aura remained.

Nicole shrunk down again as the air in the room changed again. She ought to have known she was dealing with an old-fashioned guy.

"I apologize, darling, I didn't realize or guess you'd not be okay with such a thing... It was quite a while ago, darling, and honestly was just an infatuation..." However, she didn't feel that would make things any better. She ignored what he said about Isaac, watching him move around. Despite the strangely foreboding aura in the air, she forced herself to take a deep breath and keep in control of herself, steeling her shaking nerves. An immortal. A god in his own right, perhaps, there in her front room.

What would her mother have thought? This elicited a small giggle from Nicole, imagining Ultor's face when Nicole's mother threw herself on the ground in front of him, begging forgiveness for her sins or some other sort of bull****.

With a sigh, Nicole stood, pouring herself half a glass of the drink. "Are you sure you don't want any, darling? It's really rather good..." she smiled at him.

((Indeed I was really looking forward to the plot on this one. But such is the way of things.))

Edited by En'K'Haral

(( Or just a continuation. I know Arctic and I stopped because nobody else was replying, so I think he should definitely get to keep his position as War, but... eh. I think it would be nice to just start up again. ))

((Probably but I have no idea where the DM was going with the plot. Seemed like it could be a strong point but we didn't get far enough for me to get an idea of what was going to happen next.))

((I had nothing to RP about O.o

No one was interacting with Death, so I couldn't really post...

I'm all up for restarting this, but we need more people, or something to happen.

Soiled and Neutual seem to have poofed, so I'm gonna open the spots for Conquest and Famine, as long as whoever takes over continues from where they left off.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I sorta forgot to check the Other section >.<))

Username: SaberLily

Horseman: Conquest

Appearance: He has an air of authority around him. He's like a prince that walked out from a fairy-tale. He also has a small, gold crown that he doesn't really wear much.

Horse appearance: A pure white horse, the kind of horse that appears in fairy-tales, the kind of horse that princes ride. She has the most stunning blue eyes.

Personality: Conquest is very... calm and somewhat quiet, actually. He's always smiling, or smirking or smug. He enjoys teasing others and seeming to be in control. No one can seem to make him mad or worried and he turns bad comments the other way around. He likes getting people mad, because he always knows he can beat them in patience and he is very patient. Usually, Conquest seems to be scheming, making most around him very wary of him and never trusting of him. He's most leader like, but doesn't exactly act that way.

Other: Conquest's bow is always on him. (Taking over him... also! We're back.)

Username: SaberLily

Name: Chris

Appearance: She tries to make herself look as masculine as she can for more respect, so she convincingly acts like a male.

Personality: RP'd

History: RP'd

With or against the horsemen: Against

Trying to recapture them: Yes

Other: Never without a fight.

((Um, I can RP as Famine. I'll try to get an app down by today.))

Edit:

Username: XiaoChibi

Horseman: Famine

Appearance: Famine. He usually has dark rims under his eyes and is rather short.

Horse appearance: Famine's horse is a black Fresian horse that has obviously seen better days, judging by its rather haggard appearance.

Personality: To be RP'd

Other: Famine has a penchant for wearing cravats, especially when we're back. He often has a rapier or a set of scales with him at all times.

((Can Violet be revived, please?))

Edited by XiaoChibi

Death smiled coldly at the man, before she mounted her horse again. Reincarnations. She hated them. Her horse hated them. It turned, galloping forward. A little girl had decided to commit suicide. And now, she wanted to come back. Luckily Death was in a fairly good mood. Fairly.

Famine frowned as he stared at his hands. This body...it wasn't something that he was used to. The height, the face, the gray-blue eyes, and the undercut seemed foreign to him. Yes, he had adapted to the body switches in the past, but this one just didn't feel right.

"I shouldn't be thinking of such things, no?" Famine muttered to his horse, who looked just as dilapidated as he did. Sometimes, he felt a bit of sympathy for the stallion, but looks were deceiving, and the Fresian was just as deceiving. "Ever since the humans created such disgusting types of food, it's a challenge to cause a catastrophe among them. It's made my job...boring. However, I can do small damages to them, right?" Famine's horse nickered in reply, and nudged him a bit.

"I guess I can start with that grocery store... Come, my steed. We have work to do."

+++++++++

"Am...am I alive?" Violet whispered. "But, the fall! How is it possible that I've survived? Was it my will? Why? Why am I given another chance?"

(On the assumption that Violet doesn't remember that she wanted to come back to Earth.)

Edited by XiaoChibi

Death looked down on the human. "You're alive because I'm bored. Now go, do whatever it is you silly things do." She waved a hand, turning her horse away. "Silly humans." She muttered quietly to herself, before she and her horse vanished once more.

"Infatuations drive men to madness and women to hysteria," the immortal replied drolly, picking up some framed picture and scanning over it with distant curiosity. He paused and sat the picture back down on the shelf, turning as she asked him if he wanted a drink. In the light, it was as if his eyes were tinted red over their normal darkness, though barely enough to notice.

"No. I don't want any." He said firmly, moving to the couch and sitting, propping his elbows on his knees and resting his chin atop interlocked hands.

She shut her eyes. Stupid mortals. Ignorant mortals. After a few moments of riding quietly, her horse spoke.

Death. They are here.

In an instant, the horseman opened her eyes. "Take me to them."

As you wish.

It changed course, galloping through the air with ease. If they were starting to come back, war would be upon them soon. And then, of course, death, famine and eventually conquest. Or maybe it would all merely end. Maybe their mission would be fulfilled, and they could return to whatever life they had before. That was an interesting question. What exactly were they? Where did they come from? And Death's personal favourite. Why?

Being a child was rather fun. She hung from the chains in her little dress, head done, motionless. Almost lifeless. It played on their emotions tugging at their hearts. Them, in their little hats with their cute little flintlock pistols. The 18th century was such fun to play with. Even if guns had been around for a while, making them point to a small girl was so enjoyable.

((Pushing old Conquest out of the apartment. If there are objections please let me know))

Alex had seen her guest out. The man with the horse was indeed strange but not quite in the way she had thought...or if he was he had done a damned good job of hiding it. She heaved a sigh feeling a peculiar relief with his absence. Something about the man had made her feel odd. She checked the time and practically lept off the door she was leaning against. Alex was going to be late for her meet with the female victim's family at the mental institute. Alex rushed about collecting the pictures she had taken, her coat and gulped back a cup of lukewarm tea. As she made her way to the door however the detective hesitated. The woman in question had claimed to see death and Alex had proof of that claim not to mention an actual meeting with that horseman/woman herself. She was about to feed that family a pack of lies. I can't be that wrong...I mean if they wanted to be known it would be easy. Maybe...yes disproving their existence for now might be for the best. Decided on her next coarse of action Alex took a deep breath and left her house for the appointment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timothy had put he peculiar murder off to the side and was working on some different paperwork. Paperwork that made a touch more sense, a B&E case. A TV was stolen amongst other things, a big flat screen. Most likely the work of a group. Even as he worked he could start imagining how things went down. A door kicked in, a group of masked or hooded men with a big red van rushing into the house and identifying the valuables snagged the most obvious stuff first. Ok so there was no evidence to support the vehicle's colour but there was evidence of a vehicle. The entry to the house was also more subtle but a cop had to be allowed his dreams every now and then. Right now he was just compiling and filing data for the case after this he'd punch out and go home for the day.

Edited by En'K'Haral