Skellybones

The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Death raised her head, hood falling from her black hair as she checked the sign of the pub. She could tell War was here. Not from his presence, but from... something else...

Are we not allowed to see our own kin? After all, humans do it all the time. It's a shame to be missing out on the fun. She answered innocently, dismounting her horse, who nudged her forward, and moving towards the door.

Edited by Shadowwolf6

Violet nodded, motioning for the boy to come forwards. It was strange...what teenager would bother tagging along someone, let alone her to a grocery store? She closed her eyes, remembering how when she was younger, she refused to go shopping with her mother. At the time, Violet had felt that it was 'uncool' to go grocery shopping with her parents, but now, Violet did the browsing through the endless aisles of food and what not. The girl felt a twinge of guilt inside of her; they seemed to be doing everything for Violet since she was little. Now...I wonder what it's like to have narcolepsy? Is it hard on Akaya during schooldays?

~at the grocery store~

"Wait...you're kidding me right?!" Violet remarked to the stubborn cashier. "You aren't going to give me a refund just because you think I'm lying?"

(( I'm left wondering how Death manages to sort of "know" War is there. It doesn't matter much to me, but it might classify as light metagaming. ))

Human family structure is varied and unique. I do not strive to be like them, to exist as a mirror. I am beyond that, as are you. He took a sip of his drink, dark eyes scanning the LCD screen mounted on the wall. One of the two teams had just goaled, and the majority of the crowd was cheering - both in the stands at the game and in the parlor of the pub.

In truth, each and every one of us is alone. We are united by our... ascendant qualities. We are powerful. We are together in that power. I do not know if I would refer to us as kin. He took another sip.

((Magic. Well, all of the horsemen can sort of detect the others, if the other horseman has just lowered their presence- after they've sensed it, of course.

To put it into better words, Death sensed War when his presence was pretty strong. Simply because of that, she can now sense him faintly. Other horsemen can do the same.

However, this time, she felt something else. Yep, I know I just explained it using them two as an example, but yeah x) I'm weird like that.))

Death sighed, searching the room for a moment, before striding over to where her fellow horseman was sitting. She spoke out loud now.

"I still wonder why you think I'm obsessed with the humans. Sure, they're interesting, but to be one of them?" She stretched her arms out, glaring at the back of someone's head. "I'm finding the way we live now cramped. I simply mingle among humans because that is my job."

She paused for a moment, listening to his second remark. A slight smile lit up her face. "Surely you haven't forgotten, dear War?"

Conquest nodded and stood up. "I'll go get the pictures then," he said, smiling, "They're in Snow's saddle bag." Snow didn't have a saddle bag actually, well, not yet, but no one needed to have or would have noticed that... right? He went back to Snow and conjured a saddle bag with an old fashioned camera. He quickly changed it into a new one before anyone could notice and fiddled with it while he walked back to where Alex was waiting. he was Conquest, finding out how to use a digital camera wasn't anything he couldn't conquer, right? Right. Con quest had already gotten the hang of it when he sat back down near to Alex and began turning it on. It showed a picture taken of the sunrise.

---

Akaya blinked at the argument going on. "Why don't you show the receipt?" he suggested, not really sure how he could help.

Edited by SoiledLove

(( I gathered that they could detect others, of course, but War (being somewhat antisocial and not particularly liking to stand out) purposefully diminished his aura to a trickle of what it formerly was. He didn't want people to avoid him, fights breaking out around him, etc. It wouldn't have made it impossible to detect for other horsemen, of course, but far more difficult. You'd have to be very close to him to even have an inkling he's near. In my mind, at least. Like I said, I don't really mind, I just want(ed) a good explanation. No worries. ))

I remember what I'd like to forget and I forget what I'd like to remember. His reply came coolly, and he continued to speak mentally rather than physically. He reached over and grabbed a newspaper, flicking it open and reading, paying Death's physical form no mind.

If you'd like to sit, sit. If you'd like to talk, talk. My only request is that you try not to make it so damnably obvious that you're not mortal, that you're something more. Kindly. He flipped a page. I have money if you'd like to order something to sate whatever appetite you may have. He seemed to take care in completely ignoring her remarks and questions, or at least choosing not to directly answer them.

(( wow, sorry for the huge post, here goes~ ))

Username: Limitless

Name: Nicole Goslin

Appearance: Nicole is short, standing only about 5’0”, and is a little on the chubby side, with a substantial bosom and wide hips. Light, wispy blonde hair frames her round face, falling to her jaw and occasionally concealing one of her wide, light green eyes. Her lashes are long and fluttery, lips plump and never without lipstick (or at least gloss). Her fingers are unusually long and slender, and she holds herself in such a manner that she does often tend to attract unwanted attention.

Personality: A little on the dramatic side, Nicole is hard to impress. She might act kind, but in truth, she really doesn’t care much about anybody but herself and her German Shepherd, Isaac. She tends to be ruled by her emotions, anger in particular for reasons she generally doesn’t like to share. She believes that many men are convenient tools and has no qualms using her good looks and charms to get what she wants from them, but makes sure to repay those she uses as soon as possible.

History: Born to a family of five out in a smaller city, Nicole grew up with everybody in her business and no room to romp. As soon as she could, she moved off to a girl’s school in London, finally settling on a degree in Psychology, knowing it would allow her to make money as a professional counselor. The only reason she didn’t give up her newfound freedom for the allure of money was that she was rather self-centered. Her counseling would’ve been tough love *at best*. So, she got a job at a restaurant, moved into a small apartment, and joyfully struggled. One rainy day, she took shelter in an animal shelter, having forgotten her umbrella, and accidentally fell in love with a small, feisty German Shepherd puppy, adopting him even though she knew it would cause problems with the landlord. A friend from school who’d kept in touch solved this issue, offering to let the dog live with her. Nicole visited every day after work, bringing him scraps and leftovers and, upon becoming somewhat romantically involved with her friend, stayed in the house with her dog through his early life, selling her apartment and moving in. She and her friend pooled money to get him trained and trained well, to the point that he will unquestioningly obey whenever, wherever. It got to the point that Nicole never went anywhere without the dog, who was eventually named Isaac.

When she was 25, Nicole’s older brother, who she had been incredibly fond of and close to, died, and she lost her job due to showing up drunk as a duck several times while mourning him. If not for her girlfriend, she would’ve lost everything, but the lady kept true to Nicole, allowing her to cease all attempts at communication with the world for an appropriate amount of time before nudging her back out into society. She went job hunting for a little while, still too numb from losing her brother to bother with attempting to follow her degree. While she was out job hunting, Nicole’s girlfriend met and became enamored with another girl, and when she finally confessed, Nicole just laughed and declared that the more people involved, the merrier. This was the final step for Nic in getting back on her feet, and she wholeheartedly threw herself into a new job at a cafe just down the street from her old workplace. Eventually, the other two girls ended up moving away, which was just fine with Nicole, because to make up for it they let her keep the house and paid 67% of any fees for it.

Now, Nicole is working at a higher-end bar, and while she hates her boss, it pays exceedingly well and her co-workers make it worthwhile, and she enjoys hearing all the gossip and news her customers have to share.

Trying to recapture them: Nah.

Other: Never without a fight or a cigarette, darling~.

Isaac is incredibly protective of Nicole when in public and around other people, but tends to be a typical dog in private, goofy and affectionate.

Edited by Limitless

(( wow, sorry for the huge post, here goes~ ))

Username: Limitless

Name: Nicole Goslin

Appearance: Nicole is short, standing only about 5’0”, and is a little on the chubby side, with a substantial bosom and wide hips. Light, wispy blonde hair frames her round face, falling to her jaw and occasionally concealing one of her wide, light green eyes. Her lashes are long and fluttery, lips plump and never without lipstick (or at least gloss). Her fingers are unusually long and slender, and she holds herself in such a manner that she does often tend to attract unwanted attention.

Personality: A little on the dramatic side, Nicole is hard to impress. She might act kind, but in truth, she really doesn’t care much about anybody but herself and her German Shepherd, Isaac. She tends to be ruled by her emotions, anger in particular for reasons she generally doesn’t like to share. She believes that many men are convenient tools and has no qualms using her good looks and charms to get what she wants from them, but makes sure to repay those she uses as soon as possible.

History: Born to a family of five out in a smaller city, Nicole grew up with everybody in her business and no room to romp. As soon as she could, she moved off to a girl’s school in London, finally settling on a degree in Psychology, knowing it would allow her to make money as a professional counselor. The only reason she didn’t give up her newfound freedom for the allure of money was that she was rather self-centered. Her counseling would’ve been tough love *at best*. So, she got a job at a restaurant, moved into a small apartment, and joyfully struggled. One rainy day, she took shelter in an animal shelter, having forgotten her umbrella, and accidentally fell in love with a small, feisty German Shepherd puppy, adopting him even though she knew it would cause problems with the landlord. A friend from school who’d kept in touch solved this issue, offering to let the dog live with her. Nicole visited every day after work, bringing him scraps and leftovers and, upon becoming somewhat romantically involved with her friend, stayed in the house with her dog through his early life, selling her apartment and moving in. She and her friend pooled money to get him trained and trained well, to the point that he will unquestioningly obey whenever, wherever. It got to the point that Nicole never went anywhere without the dog, who was eventually named Isaac.

When she was 25, Nicole’s older brother, who she had been incredibly fond of and close to, died, and she lost her job due to showing up drunk as a duck several times while mourning him. If not for her girlfriend, she would’ve lost everything, but the lady kept true to Nicole, allowing her to cease all attempts at communication with the world for an appropriate amount of time before nudging her back out into society. She went job hunting for a little while, still too numb from losing her brother to bother with attempting to follow her degree. While she was out job hunting, Nicole’s girlfriend met and became enamored with another girl, and when she finally confessed, Nicole just laughed and declared that the more people involved, the merrier. This was the final step for Nic in getting back on her feet, and she wholeheartedly threw herself into a new job at a cafe just down the street from her old workplace. Eventually, the other two girls ended up moving away, which was just fine with Nicole, because to make up for it they let her keep the house and paid 67% of any fees for it.

Now, Nicole is working at a higher-end bar, and while she hates her boss, it pays exceedingly well and her co-workers make it worthwhile, and she enjoys hearing all the gossip and news her customers have to share.

Trying to recapture them: Nah.

Other: Never without a fight or a cigarette, darling~.

Isaac is incredibly protective of Nicole when in public and around other people, but tends to be a typical dog in private, goofy and affectionate.

((Accepted, >:3

If you don't mind, I'm gonna see and get your character into this? Lets just say she works at this bar xd.png))

Death raised an eyebrow, questioning his judgement, before sitting herself beside him. "I act how I act, War, you know I cannot change that. Just as you cannot stop being so... calm. So calm yet we are sitting in the midst of your own work. Your own battles and fights." She turned her head slightly towards him, raising her chin so she could see him fully. "Are you proud of what you have shaped the humans into?"

Death now turned her attention to a passing waitress. Honestly, did War think he could stop her... curiosity? Anyway, she had to prove her point to him now. A smile flickered across her face. They'd always been competitive. Occasionally, they'd team up. Generally, War would be with Famine and Conquest with her. Death was amused at the way she and her kin acted like squabbling siblings.

"Hey, you..." She searched for a name badge, finding what she needed a second or so after she'd started her sentence. "-Nicole?"

If you refuse to adapt, you reject sense. This is not a world where you disembowel a man in a back alley. It is not a world where you wander the streets of a major city by horseback, particularly when such people are being looked for. It is not a world where you dress in hood and cloak and parade an ethereal scythe in hand. Earth is a delicate world. He flipped a page. Yet I am the only one who realizes that. The rest of you have no qualms parading about. I am truly sorry to say that it makes our jobs far more difficult than they are.

A moment passed, and he let out an audible sigh. The immortal uncrossed his legs and set the newspaper down in his lap, taking a sip of the draft. His dark eyes gazed at Death softly. I work for calmness. It is not natural. In the time of the Hun, I could parade heads upon pikes and it was a commonality. That is what I am used to. But I've had to change. No longer is it swords and pikes. Now exists the atomic bomb and the nuclear missile. I have spent decades of my time preventing the mutually assured destruction of man and Earth. I know the value of being delicate. I only wish you did. His eyes wandered over to the waitress as Death called her.

It had been a busy night, what with the game on and everything. For once, most of the male attention in the bar hadn't been on Nicole, a thing that was rather melancholic for her. With little news and gossip, Nicole had been bored - until she was called over to the strange table. The girl who had brought the tall man with the newspaper his drink had confessed to being a bit frightened, which didn't faze Nicole, but was something to watch. When the woman had come in and sat next to him, seeming to carry on a one-sided conversation, it had piqued Nicole's interest, and she made a point of passing by that table often. The little she could hear of the conversation hinted at the woman being insane, or the two of them being the sort of strange people to parade around in full costumes from shows and books and the like.

She had been on her way to the kitchen with another order when she heard the woman call to her. She stopped and, putting on a relatively cheery smile, walked over.

"You called?" she replied, putting a hand on her hip and looking over the two. The woman wasn't entirely unattractive, perhaps a little bland, but not horrid. Couldn't judge a book by its cover, however. The man was more worth her interest. She sent a small smile his way, fluttering her long, thick lashes slightly - at this point, nothing more than a sub-conscious habit of hers.

"What can I get you two?"

Saddlebag? Did Snow have a saddlbag? Alex couldn't recall which just reminded her that she had spent too much time oogling Claudius. She was glad he had left cause the thought brought back the slight blush she had felt when she first saw the man. While Conquest was still collecting his camara Alex took a moment to compose herself. The blush faded and she felt in control again.

Claudius returned with the camara siting down right near her. Composer. She thought to herself as Conquest turned the device on to start showing her pictures. The first was of the sunrise, "Wow, that's pretty." Despite her efforts to stay in command Alex was completely captivated at the first picture.

Before Death could speak, War cleared his throat somewhat loudly and interjected. He folded up his newspaper nobly, laying it on the tabletop and turning his chocolate eyes over to look at the waitress. When he spoke, his voice was surprisingly cheerful. The man was clearly rather content. "I've already ordered, I'm afraid, but I could certainly go for a cup of coffee," his voice was thick with an Irish brogue - not altogether uncommon in England. "My friend'll be having an, ah. I forget, what d'you like?" He turned his attention over to Death. Before she could respond, again, he turned back to Nicole, "Oh, and extra cream innit, if ya please."

Death shot an annoyed glare at War, clenching her fist beneath the table, showing the bones of her hand. She looked up at the human, tilting her head slightly in curiosity. "A latte, if you will." She muttered, turning back to look at her fellow horseman before he had chance to speak once more.

Change can be good in certain circumstances. In others, it simply does not fit. I wear what I do because I wish too. I'm sure that I wouldn't be able to change your mind if I said what you were wearing was too... She regarded his clothes critically. Casual. You wouldn't walk up to Conquest and complain that his cloths were too extravagant. In short, don't go trying to change what we wear. I have changed as much as I want to, and if that's a problem to humans, then get them to come up to me and say it to my face.

She smiled. If they have the guts.

Now, if you'd speak with your mouth, rather than just communicating like this, it might help me blend in a bit more. Well, if you're that self-conscious.

Violet bristled at her mistake. How could she be so stupid? Perhaps it's the air... Despite the thoughts swirling in her head, Violet whipped out the mangled receipt and handed it to the moody cashier.

~

"Hey Akaya," Violet called after the affair with the cashier. "I'm sorry you had to put up with my shenanigans."

Nicole smiled, fluttering her eyelashes again. "Of course, darling."

Nicole shifted her weight slightly as she wrote down his order, then looked up as the woman cleared her throat. "Ah, yes ma'am. If you need anything else, just call for me. Name's Nicole, but you already knew that~." She winked coyly as she turned and sauntered off to the kitchen, wide hips swaying.

The girl who had been previously waiting on the table gave her a strange look as she walked in. Nicole merely patted her on the shoulder and gave her something of a pitying look. "Don't you worry about that table, honey. I'll take care of them from here~." Nicole smirked. This was starting to look as though it would be a fun night.

Edited by Limitless

The immortal shot a polite smile to the waitress, though a certain disdain could be seen in his solid brown eyes. He turned his attention away after only a moment, interlocking his fingers and resting his balled hands on the tabletop calmly. His eyes once more found themselves on the high-hung LCD screens showing off the human sporting event. This is a circumstance in which change is good, dear one. My clothes are casual because casual is equilibrium. A trailing, silken cloak will likely lead to police involvement, particularly when coupled with a horse. Furthermore, I only mention it because your presence here is endangering to me. Conquest and yourself may continue with your conceitedness, but I humbly ask you try to adapt when around me. He turned his attention back to Death.

"People are looking for us. Camouflage is essential," he replied, sounding particularly melancholy for some odd reason - or perhaps just resigned.

Death gave a dry laugh. "Oh, I know people are looking for us all right. Why do you think they made such an effort to chain us up, if they weren't even going to try and find us?" She lent back, hair moving out of her eyes before looking back toward War. "I feel the need to repeat myself. I will not send my horse or my cloak away. They are as much a part of me as my soul. I do not care how you've managed to cope. We shouldn't have to hide. Humans should know their place." She checked the watch that had mysteriously appeared on her wrist, gave War a glare and stormed from the pub, cloak swirling in her wake.

She had a suicide to attend.

Famine was distracted once more, but this time it wasn't about instant soup. After calming himself down from the startle at the grocery store on a bench, he had started to wander once more through the city. He took mental notes of the locations of the other Horsemen, or the ones who seemed to pop in and out of his senses. He avoided those general areas, scooting as far away as possible. Famine had found himself at what seemed to be the wall to wall restaurant street, and he couldn't help but stare into the windows. Going out for meals was a recent popular event, and it only fascinated the man that humans would lose their natural habit of searching and growing their own food to feed themselves in favor of letting someone else do the feeding for them.

Too bad it would be their disadvantage if he ever felt like stepping in and stirring things up.

He turned away from the window of one restaurant and stepped into the street, and proceeded to be almost run over by some crazy driver. He quickly got out of their way, in the mist of their blaring horn. Humans and their crazy technology. They made such huge advances, but when it came down to the wire, they would still shrivel up and collapse. Technology could never feed them. It would be a sad day if they did.

Walking down the street, he wandered down an alley, pausing as he heard the scuffling and squeaking of a familiar friend. He bend down, what could be mistaken as a twitch of his lips crossed his face of a faint smile. His thin fingers reached out, stroking the fur of the rat that nibbled on some discarded food, its beady eyes blinking up at him. He was Famine, but he also did part in Pestilence- a job that including spreading out what humans thought of foul creatures. Rats, mice, insects, all these small beasts were at his disposal to spread disease and ruin crops. But today he was simply enjoying one's company, and it didn't seem to have a problem with it either.

"It's fine," Akaya said, shrugging and grinning from where he walked beside Violet. He was quite amused at what had happened just now and his sleepiness had come off. Watching those players play so horribly must have been what made him bored and sleepy. "By the way, do you play any sports?"

---

Conquest smirked inwardly. The pictures he took: perfect. Everything should be perfect around him. The rise and fall of each ruler: perfect. Every good thing must end sometime for the start of another good thing. One conquest led to another and one age led to another, too. Things were only perfect if they had a beginning and an end as well as a restart. He was doing his best to keep his gentlemanly demeanor - and succeeding splendidly, of course - but his true self seriously wanted to come out to play. However, he decided to keep this act up longer. It wasn't hard, as he had to be like this a lot and sometimes it was sincere, a true personality trait of his host.

He flicked to the next picture. This one was of the Parthenon, but with no tourists in sight and rather new looking. It was sunset in this picture and the angle he'd caught it on made it look as if the sun was inside the Parthenon, its rays making the building glow. Then the next one was of the London Eye - no nature in this one - however, the scenery didn't really look like London, more like somewhere in France, but with the Ferris wheel catching your attention, it was kind of hard to realize the difference in background. The next picture was of a woman. She had dirty blonde hair and pale-blue-ish eyes. She was really pretty and she was standing next to a large rose bush with white and red roses. Her hair was let down, reaching her hips, and she wore a Victorian styled red dress and expensive, but not extravagant, jewelry. She was smiling at a red rose cupped in her hand and she looked about 20 years of age. Conquest twitched at this picture, some fuzzy memory coming into his mind, before he moved onto the next one.

And he wasn't kidding about saying he took pictures of precious metal.

The next picture was most stunning. It was inside a cave, but there was rainbow light on a dark, void-like background. Shinning diamonds of varying colors littered the walls and a few transparent prism-shaped stones were here and there, giving off the ethereal rainbow light. The prisms didn't look out of place at all, it fit in quite naturally despite seeming to have been put there purposefully. A few glowing rubies, sapphires and emeralds of different sizes and shape were scattered on the floor. However, what caught your attention the most about this picture was the stone growing off the wall in the middle. It was almost glowing with rainbow colors and reminded one of the cosmos due to the darkness around it. Conquest paused at this picture, eyes staring at it almost hungrily.

"Well," Violet began, twirling her dark hair in one hand. "Since I was little, I used to do some horseback riding. The thing is, I don't even have the time to do any, now that I'm in college. So...what about you? Do you do any extracurricular activities?"

"I sure do. Tennis... among other stuff," Akaya replied, jerking a thumb at his tennis racket. "Wanna play a game? There's a park not far away that has tennis courts."

((Everything should be perfect around him? What about the room he is in? *needed to make at least one jab at him*))

Alex watched with awe at each of the pictures shown to her, the Parthenon was astounding, looking as though the sun had dipped low to make sure it's light was caught just right within the pillars, just to make that picture amazing. The next image shown to Alex was a Ferris wheel that looked just like the London eye and she would have sworn up and down that it was. But, the thought of the London eye made her feel like something in the image was out of place leaving her left with a slightly less satisfied feeling about the image. Conquest flicked to the next image which was a woman. Alex felt a slight pang in her gut but ignored it, as she examined the picture. The woman was quite attractive even though the dress she wore seemed outdated. Alex just figured the girl was a reenactor. Still the girls beauty made Alex feel introspective about her own appearance and she was thankful when Conquest flicked out to the next image.

He really did like his precious materials. It was breath-taking to say the least. "I like this one best." Alex said rather hypnotically as she drunk in the image first bit by bit and then again as a whole. "Where did you even take this picture I've never heard of something like this before." She said turning to Conquest with renewed curiosity.

Edited by En'K'Haral

((Slight time-skip here, lets just say it was late afternoon before...))

Death mounted her horse, good mood spoiled. Mortals. That's what all of them were. Mere mortals. She could wipe out their lives with the slight flick of her scythe. She flicked it out now, examining it lovingly as her horse lost its flesh once more. Humans knew to avoid her now. She set off at a gallop. Cars screeched just to let her through. The police had even decided to escort her around the city. How thoughtful of them. Well, until she turned to face them. Death didn't normally kill people. She hadn't since she'd gotten out of those chains. But she had somewhere to be, and flashing lights got on her nerves.

The rived was dark. It looked like liquid night, stars twinkling in its depths. A man stood on one of the balconies, above the beautiful river. Upstream, the London eye shone like a beacon. Ah, he'd miss this place. He leaned over the railing, shutting his eyes, before he became aware of the sound of his front door unlocking. He turned, confused, to see a pretty young woman clad in a black cloak. She held a scythe. "Don't mind me..." She said, standing beside the man on the balcony. She peered over the edge, nodding her head in satisfaction. The man stood, looking at her in amazement.

"The door..." He started, pointing vaguely in the direction his flat.

Death nodded slowly. "Yeeees, there is a door there...?"

"How did you unlock it?" He finished, taking a step back.

Death just smiled, tapping her nose. "Tricks of the Trade, I'm afraid." ((Rhymes!)) She looked up at him. "Shouldn't you be jumping now?"

"Uhh..."

"Just forget I'm here. I mean, you don't want your last thoughts to be of me, do you?" She looked at him slyly. "Especially if you know who I am. Now. Off you go..."

The man found himself falling, and wondering. He wondered who it was up there. He wondered whether he might actually survive the fall. Now he thought of it, he didn't exactly want to die anymore.

Nicole winced when everybody cheered. She was not incredibly fond of sports, which was something she, in hindsight, really ought to have thought about before applying for a job in a bar. She gave a melodramatic sigh, coupled with a tiny pout and lift of her shoulder, drawing some laughs from other members of the waitstaff. With a giggle of her own, Nicole went to get the drinks and the burger the other waitress informed her the man had ordered, making sure there had been extra cream put in the coffee, and headed out to the strange table.

When she reached the table, she smiled at the man, then realized his friend was gone. She was probably in the restroom, but her sudden disappearance worried Nicole a bit. Shaking it off, she set the man's drink and food in front of him.

"Here you go, extra cream in it just as you asked~." She placed the woman's drink where she had been. "Just let me know if you need anything else, darling. Hope it's all up to your standards~." With another wink, she started to turn, to check on another table.

The immortal sipped his draft calmly as he watched the cloaked woman storm out in a fury. He set the glass down, checked his watch and once more looked up at the LCD screens. He felt the power of Death wash across the streets outside shortly thereafter, and what little respect he had for the entity diminished. It wasn't saying much, though. He had nearly no respect for anyone, demigod or not, and the select few that had gathered such a liking from him had often went down in history as unassailable warriors - champions of sword and shield, of rifle and grenade. The most prominent he could remember was perhaps... Achilles. Yes, that boy. He took another drink of his alcohol as the waitress approached.

He smiled politely as his food and drink was set down, but held a hand up to the latte as Nicole went to set it down. "Something urgent came up and my friend had to leave, I'm afraid. I'll pay for the drink either way, but I won't drink it. Keep it for yourself or give it to another." He began to unravel the fork and napkin lying off to the side.