523ponygirl

A New Earth [OOC]

A little late for this, but yes wonderful pun

What is your addiction number up to now Narath?

Haha, plot accepted, and I think wife and children.

I just noticed that/\

Wife and children is much more persuasive.

BTW is there a map? I am looking back at the plot. I am probably just missing the part about setting.

Edited by MasterWeavile898

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being really addicted, I am at about a 15.

Your friends don't like LFG? Shun the unbelievers! mad.gif

The map is at the bottom of Pony's first post.

It's nice when people are happy. But isn't it a little suspisious to want a room next to Tenno?

Tenno is captain of the army. Pony says;

There is no royal guard. He can be captain of Ausiy's army, but not royal guard.
So for now, he is just that. I plan to have Tenno ask Elise to issue a royal guard as soon as he learns of Aslein's assassins. After that, then he could be captain of the royal guard, and be closer to Elise wink.gif Edited by Narath

Okay, I'll fix that. And wouldn't they think that Elise would just want extra protection? Just a thought wink.gif

That is what I was thinking, but Pony says she has to appoint a royal guard in the RP. We'll make it work out sometime in there.

I have an idea for a character, but I'm not sure about her and can change her if necessary. I'm not really sure if it works, but I'm sure that if we work together, we can find a good fit.

---

Name: Prince Ursula Cat

Rank: Nobility, for sure, I don't think I should put Ruler...

Race: Human

Looks: This is what I have, but I'll change it so that she looks more suited to the desert

user posted image

Personality: She thinks she's better than everyone else. Not that she deserves better, but that she can do better. Since the age of 3, she has been in school and trained non-stop (no summer breaks, nothing) to be the best noble and when she decided she wanted to be a prince, the best leader. After she chose to become a prince, she started more physical training and learned well how to fight and how to withstand pain. She's very disciplined. She's best at detail-oriented stuff and thinking quick, though. She's very diplomatic and charming.

Crush: None

Boyfriend/Girlfriend or Husband/Wife: None

Weapon of choice: A steel sword passed through generations, but only used on important things, generally proficient in swordfighting, carries an extra iron sword

Dragon: None, but plan on obtaining one (Can I rp as my dragon too? Probably not, but no harm in asking)

Kingdom: Ausiy

Other: She is a prince, not through blood relation to the king, but by an ancestor earning the title of prince a long time ago and it passed down through generations. With the title came a small principality, Catsylvania, a land filled with cats, that her line rules over... or ruled over, that is.

Shortly after coming to power, a plague took the city (when I first came up with it, it was zombies, but whatever you see fit could work, maybe monsters attacked? I don't know what you like, it's not really important, I just want a Prince character) and she was unable to defend, as many had gotten sick before people even started to notice. She ran far away from that death trap of a land. Now, she travels to visit the king, to see what he can do to help (and possibly get more land).

The deal with her being a prince is just that the title is gender-neutral. Maybe the king doesn't know that the title of prince was passed down to a girl and either wants to call her a princess (but still let her have the same privileges and responsibilities of a prince) or won't accept her, I don't know. Dracona.

---

I don't know if the whole "principality devoted to cats" is too goofy, but I want to keep her family name to be Cat. I understand that Ausiy is a desert for dwarves, but I'd imagine that the first Prince Cat was a foreigner, a human, who won the king's (at the time) favor with some long-forgotten deed. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Edited by Ursula_Cat

If she is nobility from an old prince being her great grandfather, or whatever, would that not make her a Duke or Duchess?

Also, Ausiy's ruler is a Queen, not a King. Elise, who is Queen of Ausiy, is Onixthebunny's character. Might want to brush up on the characters already in the story, and the RP itself.

You can have another character, and yes, it can be your dragon.

I'm not sure about a land called Catsylvania being in a role play being accepted by Ponygirl. Maybe a less catty name would do?

I do not think that it should be a land filled with cats. Maybe you could say she just had a lot of pet cats.

A plague of zombies should probably not be a thing in this role play, but I am not ruling out the possibilities of undead. In old medieval days, people believed that a necromancer could temporarily raise corpses from the dead. Maybe her people could have been attacked by a cult of them?

Ps. Note that I have nothing against cats, I actually love them. I have two of my own. Just wanted to note that so you didn't think so from my reply.

PPs. These are just my opinions. Pony has the final say.

Edited by Narath

I agree with Narath, and a cult of necromancers would make sense. And, while I have nothing against cats, I think you are overdoing it with them

by the way, does anyone have a MALE pillow dragon they can trade me? If you look at my scroll, it is as if tribbles have come from Star Trek and decided to infest my scroll. No matter how many times I breed the dang things, they will not be male.

Oh, Elise looked like a boy's name to me for some reason! WHOOPS

I like the necromancer idea a lot! It doesn't really matter that much, just an excuse to make her an ex-leader of something small and no longer existant. I won't make her role focus too much on her

With the cats, definitely something different, I'm sort of new to RPing with people I barely know, so I'm sorry fo being weird. I had a joke with some people that all of my stuff was bad cat puns (and I mean BAD: So-cat-es was a great philosopher, they had an allegiance with Cat-gypt, "you have my cat-dolences", etc.) But since it is a desert, maybe it wouldn't be TOO bad to make the cats out to be sort of like ancient Egyptian cat gods or whatever. Just religious stuff and they're revered? Maybe use the name Bast, Bastut or something? When I made it in my head, eventually I came up with the idea that a big theme is rainbows (another thing I really like) and that was because of the many colored gems around and it's cool that you have a thing with a lot of gems, which is why I chose

With the title prince... I think it gets passed down with the land. I don't know, Wikipedia doesn't tell me enough, but it makes sense to me that the land doesn't suddenly stop being (called) a principality, so it makes sense to keep the title of the ruler of the land a prince. I just saw Revolutionary Girl Utena a long time ago and it really shaped my tastes and I like the title prince, but duke or lord works if prince doesn't work. I want something pretentious.

Sorry I skipped over the rule about the numbers of characters you can have.

Dragon

Name: Martin (adopts the surname Cat in official documents if aplicable)

Breed: Black

Looks: user posted image

Rider: Prince Ursula Cat

Mate: None

Eggs: None

Other: Lived alone in the desert, not too long after becoming an adult, he met Ursula and he took pity on her and is helping her on her journey, as long as she keeps respecting him and giving him treats. He likes taking breaks. One might say he has a teenager-ish personality, with lots of 'tude. Dracona.

Not going to put my modified person profile up yet until we finalize it.

I have an ungendered pillow dragon egg, if it becomes male, I'll let you know.

Edited by Ursula_Cat

Because of that your pillow just became more likely to be female. And, no offense, but Prince Ursala Cat is a really weird name, maybe have the surname be Feline or something?

Ursula Felidae? I like the name Felidae (I've used the name Ursula Cat since I was about 13, I should really get used to doing different stuff)

Oh, so she is prince/princess of her own land. You'll probably have to take that up with Pony since she already set the five different nationalities in the RP. If she disproves of the new nation idea, then Ursula could be a Duke/Duchess of a plot of land. Dukes and Duchesses, or Lords and Ladies if you prefer (both sets of titles are used), were often members of the royal family that would look after large plots of land for them. These lands would be places like a small castle with a village around it as well as some fortifications. They would also own a large amount of land around these cities, for farms and very small villages.

You are new to the RP world? Don't worry, you'll do fine (just don't write in first person please). I am fairly new myself, only doing things like this for a month or so I think.

I make puns too, though not all cat puns. The only cat pun I can remember making is one from chemistry. Have you ever made the pun 'Cat-ion' (A cation is a positively charged ion)?

Edit: sniped

That new name sounds quite better I think

Edited by Narath

It's not a new nation, just some land set aside, I'm not really an anthropology major, but I think what I'm thinking of is exactly what you're saying, Narath, with the Duke/Lord thing, except the title is prince (I just like the sound, could easily change to lord if prince doesn't make sense) with a lord ruling over a lordship and a duke ruling over a duchy and prince just has more power or more something, I think I'll go with Lord if it conveys my idea better. I don't know, I just think that the masculine name goes more with the idea I'm trying to convey? Like in the lordship, they call her Lord. I don't know, I've always preferred "Sir" IRL to "Ma'am" you see what I'm coming from here? But Lady's fine if I can't do Lord (just being stubborn at this point, aren't I?). I made a picture more suited for the setting.

user posted image

Open eyes

user posted image

Edited by Ursula_Cat

I think that she should be a lord/lady. And I think your idea would be conveyed fine with a feminine title. Have you ever watch Star Wars?

Just an idea, but to make the 'Prince' title a little more susceptible, she could be Elise's sister or something. You should probably talk to pony and onix about that first though.

She looks happier in the picture with closed eyes

Edited by Narath

No, I am not very interested in Star Wars, my classmates ruined it for me forever.

I made her have a smile in the closed eyes one. I want her to look intense. She uses her icy eyes to intimidate people.

I can do sister, but how's cousin? I don't know, I'm in love with whole feminist archetype of "girl doing boy stuff when she's not supposed to" so I think maybe if Queen Elise was expecting a boy lord rather than a girl lord, assuming that the title might go to a boy, but I understand that's not really what this roleplay is about and I just want her to join the fight, all I have for her is a silly backstory which explains why she's so pretentious.

I'm sorry for rambling on with you guys rather than waiting for official people, my original post must be buried at this point. I'm not used to there being whole threads devoted to OOC stuff, I feel like I'm intruding and saying too much.

((Rereading over some of the stuff and I'm slapping my forehead. I thought "other section of the forum" meant in the other board, as in when you start roleplaying, put "dracona" in your post))

Oh, too bad. I was going to say that princess Leia is, well, a princess and still one heck of a fighter.

EDIT: And do not even get me started on how bad censorkip.gif she is in the books.

Edited by MasterWeavile898

I think that it is fine if you continue writing in here, especially since we are mostly talking about your character.

I think that we could go with cousin. I think the surprise gender thing would be pretty funny. Tenno would also be surprised as well.

I don't think that the whole "girl doing 'boy stuff'" is wrong, though since this is a medeval setting, females might be seen a slightly weaker even though there are girl warriors and stuff like that. I grew up knowing a few tomboys, and I have always thought girls are equal, so I'm 100% fine with the tomboy style

I'd say Mara Jade from Star Wars because she is even more of a bad censorkip.gif

Edit: I have not read many of the books that take place after episode 1, so no spoilers please

Edited by Narath