Fortune86

CLOSED

Ah. It looked like Kanya was going to attack after all. Good.

Zygard sat back in his chair and did not look round as August left his place and hurried away back inside. He could trust August to take care of that other matter for him, but right now he was more interested in what was about to happen in the arena.

((I just want to RP. Hope Rarek posts today.))

Maria jumped as he suddenly disappeared. Well. Maybe he was dead. But... The other guy's body was still lying there. Perhaps he had been taken back. Rising, she turned to face the fight. She took in the storm, quickly realising that a whopper of a battle was about to happen. Of course she wanted to watch. But intervene...? Hm. Maybe it would be fun. Bringing forth a large stream of water, she watched them carefully. Dark gaze flickering along, it rested on the man in the stand. Then, along the side. Her mind went away from the fight; with so much power, would they not be able to break the barrier? Just to see what would happen, she let some of her water drift to the edge at what she thought was a safe distance. Then, she had it sharply slap the wall with a swift movement of her hand.

Andromeda was stopped in her tracks as she turned to finish the fae. Kanya had unleashed a pair of flame tornadoes, which had finished the remaining Faeries. The doors of the arena opened and Andromeda smiled. Well done Kanya! She was impressed with the power of the younger girl, never before having seen her in action.

Her smile slowly faded however as the tornadoes didn't disappear. She realized that Kanya was looking directly at her, eyes seething with rage. Andromeda quickly became suspicious. Was she in on Eli's plot all along? Whatever the case, her tornadoes were advancing on Andromeda.

"Time to use your own power against you, Kanya. It's too bad your power relies on heat energy." Andromeda's eyes once again turned from white to seething black, and she extended her arm once again. The tornadoes in front of her, pure power though they were, could be turned to energy very easily as proven by her absorption of the burning planes' fires earlier. Or so she thought.

Andromeda waited for her absorption power to kick in, but it never did. She became increasingly more worried as they got closer, until she could feel them on her face. She growled and turned her energy bird, swooping around the cyclones and out of their paths. That's impossible! I should be able to control them!

Frustrated, she created her bow once more, unleashing three more arrows. These were substantially less powerful than the others due to using her own energy reserves, but they were perfectly aimed. They sped quickly towards Kanya as Andromeda continued to dodge the fiery tornadoes.

Edited by Rarek

((I'm not sure if Kanya's magic based fires count as normal energy/heat based ones. You may need confirmation from Spirit though.

I'll post when I can make a proper post Chico. I don't want to just put 'nothing happened'.))

((The fire's are from hell and heaven so their not energy based. They are holy/unholy based.))

((In that case can you please edit/re-post Rarek? Andromeda won't be able to use Kanya's fires.))

((Thank you Rarek, sorry for the late post but work and home is kinda killing me at the moment))

Kanya had finally turned fully towards Andromeda. She noticed the same body movement when the women had absorbed the other fire but surprisingly hers couldn’t be absorbed. Kanya then watched as she Andromeda created a new set of arrows and without hesitation shot them at Kanya. They young girl glared waiting till the energy arrows was upon.

Instantly Kanya folded her arms before her and her fiery tornado’s disappeared. The arrows had hit her directly covering the whole area in a thick dust.

((Sorry Spirit but I'm a little confused, did the arrows hit Kanya or her tornado things? She dead or just injured?))

((xd.png I was going for the dramatic reappearance but Kanya summoned her barrier before the arrows hit her, thus the fire tornado's disappeared because she can't wield her magic when inside the barrier herself.))

((Oh yes that makes sense. Carry on.

Please forgive my slowness this morning. My brain is derping something rotten.))

The arrows hit their target and the tornadoes instantly disappeared. For a moment, the dust obscured just how well or not the arrows had worked, but Andromeda was already starting to feel tired. Thinking it safe to put her head down, she took a moment to catch her breath. I sure hope it's over... She lifted her head slightly on the back of her bird to see how much damage she'd caused, waiting for the dust to dissipate.

Kanya had been pushed back by the attack but luckily she wasn’t injured in anyway. She waited for a bit for the dust to set mostly to get fresh air again but also so that Andromeda would be visible. Her barrier went down once again which caused her magic to flow once again. The earth shook once again. Suddenly black fire erupted from the earth like water geysers around Andromeda, spewing high into the sky. One of the fire’s had hit her energy bird injuring its wing which cause it to descend back down to the ground.

Andromeda squinted as the dust settled, revealing a barrier between her and Kanya. No...it's not possible! Her eyes widened, suddenly terrified that her powers were doing nothing. Then she shrieked as fire struck her bird, throwing her off balance, throwing her dangerously towards one of the jets of flame. She screamed again as the fire scorched her skin from proximity. Her bird thankfully stabilized in time to save her, but the damage was done.

Her skin was near black on the right side of her face, and she clutched it in pain and still screaming. She was frightened as her eyes darted between the fires. Her bird navigated them with some difficulty, and she screamed again as her arm with the bracelets became scorched as well.

"Enough! No more!" Tears streamed down her face as her bird's flight became erratic. Finally, she started to slip in and out of consciousness, causing the bird to flicker as though ready to come apart at the seams at any moment. Then, the bird exploded outwards, Andromeda's efforts to hold it together not enough as she tumbled the final few feet to the ground. She let out a loud cry as she hit the ground near Kanya, feeling a few of her ribs crack and break. She rolled the last distance on the ground, splayed helplessly at Kanya's feet, staring and whimpering at the young girl. She coughed up blood onto the ground, tears flowing freely as she looked up at her.

"How could you...how could either of you do this? I was only trying to help..." She was referring of course to Eli as well as Kanya. Although her missions were sound, Andromeda had misinterpreted greatly what Eli and Kanya's actions were really meant for, nor did she realize the damage she'd caused.

Kanya’s fires slowly faded when Andromeda came to fall before her but the still bounced around the arena, ready to flair up again. She looked at the woman with anger and she wanted to summon her hounds to finish her off but she couldn’t. Kanya had a chance to explain her actions even thou her mind still said kill.

“You helped no one.” Kanya stated sounding bitter as she clenched her fists. “The fire YOU created did not just burn Eli... it killed Neut. Not to mention YOU harmed me as well. You were so driven by anger and your actions turned out for the worse. Eli even sacrificed his life to save mine as you shot your arrows the first time. He had no reason to protect me but he did." A small tear ran down her cheek as she remembered the last time she saw his face.

"You killed people because you were to blind to see what was happening.” Kanya just glared at Andromeda waiting to see what she would do.

Andromeda was speechless. I killed Neut? How is that possible? Guilt ran through her eyes as she realized what she'd done. She shouldn't expect sympathy from anyone, but now she felt alone, sitting in a pool of her own blood.

She closed her eyes as thin wisps of tangled energy wrapped around her body, healing her just enough. She stood shakily from the ground, tears falling to mingle with her blood. She whispered just loud enough for the younger girl to hear, "I'm sorry Kanya." Without waiting for a response, Andromeda turned and hung her head as she limped back to her cell, feeling her powers disappear as she exited the arena. All she wanted was for this to end, leave this terrible place behind.

Andromeda was about to collapse onto her bed when she noticed the fine dust piled on it. She looked at it curiously. Did Zygard do this? What purpose does that serve? She looked across the hall at another cell's bed. It was spotlessly clean, this was here on purpose. More and more confused, she noticed a chunk of rock under her bed. With great effort through her injuries, she picked it up. A stone eye gazed back at her. This was just more confusing. Could they have smashed a statue onto her bed? Suddenly, she screamed.

"Cassandra! No! It can't be you!" But it was, the stone eye had a tear locked in rock just beneath it, the same one that left hers as she turned to stone. She was holding a fragment of her face. She collapsed in anguish, heaving with sobs despite each movement hurting her. She was a bloody broken mess, physically as well as psychologically. She lay on the ground crying uncontrollably, screaming occasionally in pain and sorrow, not wishing to get up.

So it was over already. Such a shame. Zygard had hoped Andromeda would at least try and defend her actions, but no, she simply walked away in tears. He motioned to the Sorceress and whispered something in her ear. She nodded and left the box, leaving the Vampire Lord sitting alone.

Watching Andromeda leave caused Kanya to finally get a grip on her emotions. Her fires had finally been blazed out and she was standing in the arena to afraid to move. She could have killed Andromeda easily but luckily she was more in control of her powers this time. She looked up at where Zygard sat and she wondered if he was expecting the both of them to kill each other or not but Kanya only shook her head. She needed rest not because she was drained from using her power but drain because of struggling to control her powers.

Finally the young girl took a step and slowly made her way back to her room. All she could do now was sleep anyway hoping that she wouldn’t have to do something like that any time soon.

Eli awoke with such a start he would have fallen straight onto the floor if it had not been for August. The larger man gently took hold of the young boy and helped him sit up properly before resuming his seat at the side of the bed.

"What happened?" asked Eli as recent events fought for clarity inside his brain. "Did I...did I die?"

"No" said August with a grim smile. "The enchantments the Sorceress laid did their work. You were just knocked unconscious. Of course, if you hadn't been protected so you probably would be dead. What possessed you to pull such a foolish stunt?"

Eli looked away, barely registering that they were in his room back home, surrounded by all his things.

"I didn't want Kanya to get hurt" he mumbled.

August sighed. He knew involving Eli in all this had been a bad idea. He was too soft for his own good.

"Why? That girl is nothing to you. She is just a pawn in your Father's game and nothing more. To risk your life for hers, or any others, is folly."

There was a moment of silence and then Eli spoke again.

"Is Father very upset?"

"With you? No. He guessed you might end up doing something like this. A little sooner than we had hoped, but it wasn't unexpected."

August stood up and looked over at the clock. It was getting late.

"Rest for now. Your Father will be in to see you later, after he has fed."

Eli nodded and lay back upon his bed. It was nice to be back in his own bed again, with the elderdown and pillows. He waited until August had left and then curled up and tried not to cry.

((Night time peeps.))

Nothing had happened to the walls. Well, then. Maria stared up at the man in the box, cold eyes trying to calculate just what he was thinking. Was he amused by their suffering? Although terrible, there was something fascinating about the vampire. She glanced down as she felt something warm running down her skin. A bit of blood from a cut she had sustained during the fight. She looked back up at him. Did he feel hunger when he saw blood? Obviously he was not a weak being, as he had not leapt out at any of them... Turning her back, she was the last to leave, feeling she was becoming deaf as her hearing becane normal again. The blonde made her way to her bed, and laid her tired body to rest. The other girl in the other bed, Alia, had done the same.

Kanya woke up feeling very exhausted. She didn’t know what time it was nor did she know what day it was anymore. All she knew now was that her stomach was calling for food.

Slowly she got out of her bed, to the door and walked down the hallway. She dare didn’t look at the arena doors because of what had happened. She didn’t even wanted to know what the encounter would be between her and Andromeda.

Eventually she reached the common room and headed straight for the hatch. Quickly a bowl of porridge appeared before her with a cup of water. Dully she took the items and took in a seat one of the chairs nearby.

((Oh I'm so sorry Chico. I forgot T-T Nothing would have happened though, but I meant to post a Zygard bit about it.))

August stepped through the doorway into the common room. Only one of the surviving prisoners was currently there. The others would probably still be sleeping off the events of the previous day. No matter. He could wait.

Folding his arms he stood quiye still. He would be giving them today's instruction personally.

Andromeda had fallen asleep on the floor, having cried herself to sleep. Slowly coming out of her rest, her initial confusion disappeared nearly instantly as the memories flooded back. She's gone. She's really gone.

Tears flowed again, but slower this time as she picked herself up and began to walk towards the common room. She was starving after yesterday, she was sure even the slop they'd get would taste reasonable in this state.

She froze as she entered the common room. Yes, Kanya was there, but so was August. Fear crept across her face, but almost instantly turned to anger.

"You!" She shouted, and rushed at August blindly, seeking revenge for the broken Cassandra.