Fortune86

CLOSED

Her eyes widened as Alia told her she'd be fighting in the arena. Oh goodness, I'm not ready! Cassandra already freaked out when her powers came alive in the arena. And now she was going to have to use them? Jack and Siren looked like fearsome opponents, and she wasn't sure how long it would take before Alia had to break her promise. Lydia was gone, and there was a chance Andromeda was too.

No, time to put on a brave face. Act neutral, and do what you have to do. She sat up straighter, trying to hide the worry she had.

((Drow has also decided to withdraw from the RP. Do you guys wish to continue?))

Siren had been watching the other two girls carefully. When Cassandra learned she was due to fight next, she looked horrified. Siren understood how she felt, but was capable of hiding it.

Jack, Alia and Cassandra. Siren hadn't seen any of them fight before, so she had no idea what to expect. She would have to tread carefully she she wanted to surive.

((I'm okay to keep going, I don't mind the low numbers. This is one of my favourites anyhow smile.gif ))

Kanya fell on her bed feeling very exhausted. She was in such a state that she could barely stay wake. With the fighting and this emotional mess that she landed it drained her body completely. Kanya watched the walls glow only tending to minor scratches on her body and the headache she was experiencing. All this thinking made everything hurt.

After Siren had finished eating she replaced her bowl on the shelf for the mysterious creature on the other side to snatch away and then returned to her seat. She sat in silence and spoke to no one, trying to formulate some kind of plan.

After what felt like no time at all she heard the arena doors start to grind open. It was time.

Siren got to her feet and walked down the corridor to the opening doors. What she saw beyond surprised her. It looked like an ordinary village street. There were even cars parked here and there.

Rather than stepping out and risk being attacked from behind Siren waited just inside the doors for Jack, Alia and Cassandra to join her.

((Arena. Ignore the people please. The place is supposed to be emtpy save for the combatants. And yes, you can go inside the buildings.))

Cassandra sat in silent worry until the arena doors slid open. She watched Siren go first, and contemplated as to what she was about to face. Putting on a brave face, she strode forth with a walk that exuded purpose, rather than fear. She did not expect to see the ghost town in front of her.

This looks creepy, but less than I imagined. At least it isn't a darkened forest. Cassandra gave a sideways glance at Siren standing at the doorway, took a deep breath, and ran through the doors. Once again, Cassandra's platinum blonde hair began to shine as though it were made of moonlight the instant she strode through. She ran into a small alleyway not far from the doors, so she could watch without being seen.

Siren watched Cassandra dart on out into the arena and instantly vanish into a alleyway not far away. Was she just hiding? Or laying a trap? Siren could wait to find out.

Jack strode past her with a sly wink and headed for a nearby building. He opened a door and went inside, vanishing from Siren's sight.

So that only left Alia. Siren was going to wait for the shorter girl to go in first.

Alia came to the door, taking a deep breath in and out. This was it, then. They were to fight eachother. She glanced across to Siren, her eyes more hardened than they had been before. Then, she entered, immediately flattening herself to a wall for fear of attack. She edged along, green eyes darting about before she entered the closest building. It appeared to be some sort of shop. A... Butcher's shop? Hrm. That was a bit horrifying. There were some huge knives in here. She grabbed one and whirled about, gaze darting about for any possible attackers. The teenager really did not want to use a knife; it was so terribly bloody.

When the other three people had entered the arena Siren stepped forward too. The moment her feet touched cobbled pavement of the strange little street the arena doors began to swing shut behind her. They wouldn't open again until at least half of their number lay defeated.

Siren instantly took to the sky and flew up to the rooftops. She knew there was little point in simply flyign above the others, Jack alone would probably be able to knock her down, but by hiding on top of the buildings it would be hard for those without flight to follow and attack her.

((Siren doesn't know that Alia and Cassandra can fly/hover))

Cassandra remained in the dark alleyway as Alia came through the doors of the arena, watching them close behind her. Alright, now what? She looks around for anything she could use as a distraction while she found a proper hiding place. The dark alley was a dead giveaway for her faintly glowing hair.

After a quick scan, she discovers a bunch of wooden barrels in an adjacent alley. Those will do nicely. With a surge of energy, Cassandra seemed to draw in light from around her into her palms and hair, whose glow began to strengthen. What appeared to be small versions of stars formed in her hands, making little spheres of bright light. Then, thrusting her arms out, she hurled them into the barrels. The barrels exploded magnificently in a fireball that extended at least thirty feet high. Cassandra smiled and used the distraction to lift from the ground quietly and settle among the rooftops nearby, hopefully unnoticed.

Siren looked up when something exploded below her in a blaze of fire. That wasn't something that boded well. Moment's later Cassandra arose out or nowhere and landed on her rooftop, just a few feet away from Siren.

"Well then" said Siren with a smile. "Looks like you and me."

~~~

Jack was silently stalking Alia. She looked the weakest of the three girls and therefore he hopefully had a better chance of beating her without revealing too much about his powers. He watched her through a window as she grabbed hold of various knifes. Heh. Not a lot of good against someone who didn't bleed.

Summoning his Scythe he entered the store after her.

"Mine's bigger" he said with a grin.

Alia picked up the sounds of rustling clothes, and ducked behind the counter. This wasn't the Jack she knew. The Jack she knew was nice... But that must have been a trick. To get her to trust him. She closed her green eyes for a moment, summoning up her courage and willing her shots to work. The knife clattered to the floor as she leapt out, shooting pulses at him. She was hoping that he would be set alight or something. Straw was flammable.

With several flurries of his blade Jack was able to knock the energy blasts aside, causing them to smack into the walls and implode there. This in turn weakened the structure of the room and caused the walls and ceiling to crack, showering everything in a plaster dust.

"Nice trick" chuckled Jack holding his Scythe high to ward off any further attacks.

Suddenly he leapt up and foward, darting towards Alia with alarming speed. He drew the Scythe back to strike, ready to swing the moment Alia was in range.

Cassandra had been so preoccupied by her distraction, she failed to notice Siren had landed just a few rooftops away. She was still formulating a plan as she sat there, but the reality of the situation struck home. People die in here...I've witnessed them in various states of death already. Oh god help me... She closed her eyes in silent hope that she would not have to be the one doing the killing, that by some stretch, the others would do the dirty work for her. It wasn't until she peeked over the rooftop that she caught a glimpse of Siren. Her breath caught, eyes transfixed. Looks like I'm not out of the clear after all."

Andromeda groaned as she slowly opened her eyes for the first time in days. She looked around the room with unfocused and dazed glances, before sitting upright and holding her head. As her eyes began to adjust, she looked down at her hands and skin. Wrinkled and pale, as though she had aged years and years. A side effect of her malnutrition from being unable to feed herself asleep, but still frightening to see. Slowly she rose and hobbled out the cell, using the wall for support. She blinked the harsh light away as she leaned against the doorframe of the common room scanning it gradually.

Alia did the only thing she could think of doing when he came toward her with the blade. She dodged. To the left, in a floor somersault. She immediately popped back up, shooting at him again with her pulses. Her heart was beating wildly; she was sure her hour of death was upon her.

Once again Jack was able to deflect the energy pulses, but the damage they did when they impacted with the walls was far greater. There was a loud cracking noise and the ceiling collasped as their support gave way. Jack leapt backwards to avoid all the debris that showered down and the air became fog like with all the dust.

~~~

Siren glanced down at the remains of the fire and then looked back up at Cassandra. She could guess that the girl in front of her was responsible, meaning that getting close close could prove fatal. Thankfully Siren had a long range option at his disposal. If she could put Cassandra to sleep, then she wouldn't need to fight her.

Crouching down behind a chimney for cover Siren opened her mouth and began to sing, letting her voice echo across the rooftops.

Cassandra watched carefully as Siren moved behind a chimney. She blinked confusedly as she then heard what appeared to be singing coming from her general direction. What in the world is she doing? We're supposed to fight, not compete on a talent show! It wasn't until Cassandra started to feel very tired that it dawned on her. Siren! Her name makes so much more sense now! I'm being turned into a helpless target!

Cassandra started to panic, adrenaline coursing through her body even as her body tried to sleep. She was fighting it with every ounce of willpower she had. If I sleep now, it's curtains for me! Further panic setting in, Cassandra's powers began to become unstable. Since they required a level head to function properly, she was losing control. Her mind raced. If I calm down, I sleep, I die. If I don't, goodness knows what happens.

Finally, she couldn't take it any longer. "No! I won't give up! Leave me be!" she shouted at Siren. Cassandra rose into the air, creating two more stars in her palms as her powers make them all on their own. In Cassandra's panic, she brings her hands together, the twin stars joining into one. Finally, it grew into the size of a basketball. Cassandra was in hysterics, feeling helpless to the heavy blanket of sleep being draped onto her. With a scream, she threw the star at the chimney behind which Siren was hiding. It hurtled forward as Cassandra continued to scream and chant.

"I will never give in! I will fight for friends dead! I live for my freedom, and you shall turn the ground red!"

With a groan, Neut rubbed his eyes and opened them, waiting a moment for the stars to fade. He felt something hard press against the left side of his body and noticed that he wasn't lying in his bed. From the looks of the floor and walls, he wasn't even in his apartment. What had he done last night? did he party too hard? Was there even a party...?

His arms weakly pushed him up and he staggered to his feet, almost falling over again. He felt so weak, like something was sucking the life from him. Oh, what's this on his wrist? Neut never wore jewellery...his friends must have pulled some stupid prank on him last night. With another groan, he surveyed the room he was in. It was gloomy and not very well kept, maybe he wasn't too far from his apartment. He noticed that it led to a hallway and--oh.

He noticed a red-haired lady leaned up against a wall, looking like she could collapse at any moment. Without hesitation, Neut called out to her.

"Hey." he rasped. "Wh--umm...Where are we?"

Siren hoped Cassandra would fall asleep quickly. If she could simply lure the girl asleep, then she wouldn't have to kill her.

However a moment later Siren heard Cassandra shouting. She stopped singing and peeked around the chimney, just in time to see a huge ball of flame flying towards her location. Siren quickly tried to fly away to safety, but the ball hit the rooftop so hard tiles went spinning everywhere. One of them smashed into the side of Siren's head and she began to tumble down towards the ground.

When she hit the cobbled street Siren groaned and tried to pick her self up, but a terrible noise made her look above. The tiles on the rooftop, with having been weakend by the blast, were now slipping down off the roof towards her.

Siren just about had enough time to scream before the whole lot crashed down on top of her, killing her instantly.

((RIP Siren))

The instant Siren's singing had stopped, the weight of sleep lifted from Cassandra's shoulders. It was a good thing too, since it had appeared as though she wouldn't have been able to take much more, her flight erratic and her eyes rolled back from the intense effort of staying awake. Now, her eyes snapped open and her head cleared nearly instantly, as she shook her head and landed dazed on the rooftop. Her powers ceased to act on their own, having gained control of her body back.

Cassandra had just regained her composure when she heard the scream. Startled, she looked up to see a huge chunk of the nearby roof gone, and a large dust cloud rising from the opposing side. Shocked, Cassandra lifted from the ground and flew to the rooftop, only to discover Siren's mangled corpse strewn beneath a mountain of rubble. Her eyes widened as the realization hit home. I've just killed someone...I never was supposed to!

She was about to panic all over again, when her eyes discovered Alia and Jack. Well, not them specifically, but what else could collapse a roof around here? Her face wiped clean of panic, determination set in. She was going to be useful. She flew over the rooftops until she sat on the edge of the downed roof. She took a deep breath and peered in, only to sigh in relief to see them both alive. It was there she remained as she watched the fight take place.

It was soon apparent that a newcomer had arrived. Andromeda doubled over into a cough, nearly falling to the floor as she straightened again. "Who...are you?" Her words were forced with great effort. She had to stagger to a common room chair, no wall to support her. Sitting down she was able to concentrate better.

"If we are still where I remember, you were captured by a vampire named Zygard's forces, you're here to fight at his whim, and that wristband..." she indicates the band on the newcomer's hand. "...that is to control your powers. To make a long story short." Another cough. Clearly she was having a hard time adjusting to being awake.

Andromeda raised a wrinkled hand towards the hatch in the wall that pushed out food. "Can you do me a favor? I'm afraid if I try to get my food myself I'll spill it everywhere." Her tired eyes gazed at the newcomer, soft and hopeful.

"A vampire named - -!?" Neut gasped. He had known of the villain before, he heard of the terrible things he did to his captives, but in Neut's mind it was off in some far away place where it could never touch him. For him to actually be here as a captive was terrifying. And his powers were blocked from a wristband!? It seemed surreal, and from the looks of the woman who struggled to even speak, this wasn't a prank. Neut stood for a moment, trying to comprehend and recall why or how he got here. Did he chase after one of Zygard's allies? Or did he simply stray too far into the woods one night? He snapped back to reality as the red-head asked him to fetch her some food. She looked helpless, like she wouldn't even make it to the hatch, and the way her eyes innocently looked up at him made his gut wrench. He hated that.

"Uh. Fine. " he sighed. With a flick of his dark hair, Neut turned and opened the hatch to retrieve a watery looking stew; it wasn't even steaming anymore. There was also a small flask, but he was sure it didn't contain what he hoped it did. Scooping both items up, he carefully walked them back to the lady and plopped them on a table.

"My name is Neut by the way." he spoke quickly. "What was that part about the fighting...?"

Alia detected the cracking, and backward flipped away from the falling matter. Her back was pressed up against the wall, and she coughed as dust filled the air. Well, it had distracted him some. But she needed to get out of here, do something. The only conceivable way of killing him seemed to either make him catch fire or... Hack his head off. Both were equally horrifying. But it didn't seem like there was a way of simply defeating the scarecrow.

Jack was forced to wait for the dust to settle, holding his Scythe ready in case Alia chose to attack. To his surprise when the air cleared Alia was still standing nearby. He would have thought she would have tried to run away at least. Oh well. Made it easier for him.

Holding out one hand he constructed a small bomb and lobbed it in Alia's direction. Knowing it would go off and bring the whole buildign down Jack jumped through the window to avoid the blast.

Cassandra watched the battle that occurred below her through the hole in the ceiling. Her eyes were wide as she saw how they parried back and forth, but they grew wider as Jack threw something and left the building. With a leap, she cleared the building into the air, just in time to watch Jack land outside.

Oh no you don't. With lightning reflexes, Cassandra hurled more of her star bolts into the ground surrounding Jack, the intense heat igniting the tar in the roadway. Jack was now trapped in a medium sized area between the wall of the house he'd rigged to explode and a wall of flame as tall as him. Cassandra was satisfied with her work and called back to Alia.

"Alia! Get out of there! Quick!"

Andromeda took the bowl appreciatively from Neut, downing the bowl in a matter of a few minutes. "Thank you. You may call me Andromeda." She placed the bowl off to the side, already feeling better as the stew filled her belly. She turned her gaze back to the boy. "We have been fighting in the arena just down the hall. There have been a number of people here who've faced challenges, a lot of them dead." She sighs. "The ongoing match is a death match. Only half the people in will return."