Fortune86

CLOSED

((Blah, you'd think I'd have learned from the last time. I'll get around to editing it soon.

EDIT: I changed it such that instead of drawing dark energy directly, corpses that run into the flame leave residual amounts of dark energy within the flame itself, which can still be drawn on by Andromeda. I think it's not too much of a reach, and I still got to use the irony I wanted tongue.gif ))

Edited by Rarek

((I'm confused. The corpses don't have any energy of their own. It's just Eli's magic. If they 'die' that magic returns to Eli, so there is nothing left. Unless Andromeda is feeding off her own energy? I don't think that can work.

Edit: Unless you are talking about burning the bodies as fuel? But that wouldn't generate dark energy. I don't think Andromeda (according to your form) can turn normal energy into dark energy either.))

Edited by Fortune86

((There is potential energy stored within all solid matter. She set the flowers alight and fed off of their energies. Since burning anything requires a release of energy, when the corpses run into the fires, they too release energy. Since it is impossible to burn something if there is no loss of energy, Eli couldn't possibly retrieve all of his power. If he did, the corpses would never burn.

Using this logic, there must be some residue of Eli's power remaining within the flames, and therefore the potential for the above situation to occur. Unless I missed something?

EDIT: I get it...I must seem silly :/ I'll change it so she just absorbs energy from the fires.))

Edited by Rarek

((Sorry to keep messing you about Rarek, given how hard you must work on all these posts, but I'm kind of a hard ass when it comes to stuff like this.

To clarify, she's set all the bodies on fire yes? And she is using that fire to fuel herself / her birdy thing?))

Alia let out a cry of pain as her arms were seized, immediately beginning to sob as the feeling increased. It was sore, so sore- "AHHHH!" A ragged scream escaped as her one arm broke, and this spurred her to twist around wildly. She managed to free herself, whirling around and stumbling back as she fired her energy blasts from her one arm, the other lying uselessly by her side. Immediately she had gone into a hover, trying to evade as much as she could.

~~~

Maria had retreated to the middle of the circle, blue eyes darting around the zombies. Her ready muscles tensed as she eyed up a path, water ready. She exploded into a sprint that an Olympic runner would be proud to call their own, and dodged through a gap between two zombies. She lashed out at them as she went, continuing to go even as she made her temporary getaway.

((Yeah, I did say most of the corpses though, some are still free roaming outside the ring.))

Every corpse that was destroyed by Andromeda's fires released a dark shadow that was re-absorbed by Eli. He wasn't saying or doing anything, just standing in silence, waiting.

He had absorbed so many of the shadows that a perculiar effect was starting to take place. While his own true shadow flickered in the light of Andromeda's fires another one appeared just behind him, close to his body, almost skin tight. It was thin and hardly noticable, but it was streak of darkness in the scenery. Whatever movement he made, either his hair in the wind or the rise and fall of his chest as he breathed, it trailed along with him, causing slight ripples in the air. There was nothing frightning about it, but it was unnatural and unsettling to watch.

Andromeda told him to stop, but Eli had no intention of doing so. Everything was going just as he had expected. He wasn't even doing much at the moment anyway, so he didn't have to worry about conserving energy, unlike the girls. They would tire eventually and the fires would burn out. He didn't have such concerns, death was eternal after all.

The corpse that had broken her arm was knocked back by Alia's attack, but it caused little in the way of raw damage. It's ribs had cracked slightly, but that was not enough to stop its assault. It lurched forward again, ready to attack once more.

Maria's watery attacks could knock the corpses away, but not destroy them. For every one she pushed aside another two moved to block her. She would have to act more aggressively lest they overwhelm and crush her.

Alia sobbed as it came forward again, in terrible pain due to her arm. She was going to die here. With a wretched cry, she somersaulted forward in the air, and kicked out at the zombie. May as well do whatever came to her now.

~~~

Maria growled under her breath. It was useless to run now. This was the time to summon all the power she had, lest the zombies take her or she succumb to the fire in the arena. She suddenly crouched, before springing up, hands flinging high into the air as a wave of water erupted beneath her. It supported her as a wave supported a surfer, coming high above the zombies and surging forward. It was powerful, strenuous, magic that she would not be able to keep up forever.

Andromeda saw no change in Eli, nor did she obtain a response. She became irritated very quickly. Finally, her frustration was insurmountable.

"Don't say I didn't warn you!" Andromeda unleashed her bird with a powerful and thunderous yell. To any normal being, it would have been frightening at the very least to see such an exhibition of power, but naturally Eli was in no such position. Andromeda's massive energy bird took flight, the very embodiment of how powerful one can become through gradual accumulation. Scores of energy rippled through the falcon, its massive power unfathomable under a sea of white hot electricity. Then, it let out an ear piercing shriek, sending out what must've been a literal shockwave of sound in every direction before plunging down on its target, huge wings outstretched and picking up speed at incredible volumes.

Finally, the unstoppable bird met the unstoppable barrier. A massive amount of energy exploded from the collision between avian and barrier, the bird literally disintegrating on contact with no ill effect to Eli's all powerful shield. Andromeda, who was once standing with an almost hungry expression for victory, was now thrown back by the feedback through her connection to the falcon. Flying through the air, she slammed into the ground, heaving and gasping as the air left her lungs all at once. She didn't dare move as she stared wide eyed at the sky, unable to fathom the events that had occurred.

Eli didn't even flinch when Andromeda's attack rebounded off the barrier protecting him. No matter what any of them tried nothing would penetrate the shield surrounding him.

The shockwave from the attack threw up vast amounts of dust and earth in nearly every direction, blocking Eli's view of the arena. He couldn't even tell if the fires still raged. While he himself was safe he wondered how Kanya, Alia and Maria were fairing. Had they been caught in the attack? Andromeda had shown before how easily she forgot about those surrounding her when attacking. Poor Neut was evidence of that.

What Eli could tell was that there were still a small number of corpses left active in the arena. If they were destroyed they would add to the power reserve Eli was carefully stockpiling, if not they would keep attacking until everyone was dead.

Kanya was slowly burning away the undead creature’s that Eli had summoned with her white fire when she took note of a different fire. This wasn’t her doing and for some reason she had a feeling who was responsible for them. Turning around she saw Andromeda losing it again, her anger getting the better of her. Without even thinking twice Kanya summoned her barrier up once again. She wasn’t going to be killed by someone who couldn’t control themselves.

((Thats all I got T.T))

Maria came down from her wave a couple of metres away from any zombies, in time to see the bird. Without thinking, she hunched down behind a sheild of water that took most of the impact - she was still thrown back a couple of metres. Immediately she was up again, constructing from all the water she had already made and some she had made herself, a huge wave. The weight of the water would surely be enough to break some bones. Not really caring about the others anymore, she sent the huge force of water rolling toward the corpses.

Alia was screaming; her leg had been grabbed after she'd managed to kick the corpse. It seemed to almost smile, with no flesh. She twisted, flailed, sent blasts at the thing; but it then broke her leg. She collapsed into pitiful, pained, sobs as she struggled. "ELI! PLEASE, STOP!" she sobbed into the ground as it dragged her.

As the dust settled Eli could see around the arena once more. His last few remaining forces were gathered around Maria and Alia, far enough away from the flames to avoid damage. That didn't last for long though as Maria sent out a large wave of water that surged across part of the area and swept away all the corpses in its path, incidentally saving Alia as well as it pushed away her attacker.

The dead bodies were smashed up against the wall of the arena, breaking them open where they hit the stones. Between the force of the water and the wall their bodies were broken beyond use and each one released a dark shadow which was quickly absorbed by Eli.

He looked over at Alia, who was lying on the ground in pain. She pleaded with him to stop, but he shook his head.

"It's just started."

With his army of dead soldiers spent Eli started to proceed with the next stage of his plan. He brought his hands up in front of him, holding them only an inch apart, and poured the shadows he had collected into them. Between his hands a small orb formed. It was only the size of a thimble, but it was so black that it looked like a tiny hole in reality. In a way, it was.

Eli knealt down and slowly guided the orb toward the ground. Gently the orb floated towards the earth, like a falling feather, and sank down past sight. A moment later large ripples of shadowy darkness began to emanate from where the orb was planted. They did nothing to those they passed over, but each one was accompanied by a most unnatural noise. It was the sound of a final gasp, a body giving way to the darkness of death. The ripples increased in size and regularity until the entire arena floor was swathed in shadow.

Eli stood up and took a step back, raising his right hand up in front of him. Before him the shadows began to rise and swarm together, twisting and melting into a new form.

As it grew the shape took on new features. Its hide was as dark as old blood and pale faces could be seen breaking through the skin, screaming in silent agony. Its head developed two faces of its own, one on either side. Both were empty eyed and wailing in agony of their creation. Two long arms developed, bursting from the main torso and wielding a giant rusty blade in each hand. While the monster's lower half seemed to be stuck beneath the rippling waves of darkness, leaving it only visible from the waist up, it grew in size until it was nearly two thirds the height of the arena itself.

The moment the monster seemed to be finished in its creation it struck. Both of its giant blades swung down with eye watering speed towards two of the prisoners down before it, Andromeda and Alia.

Alia had no chance.

With a broken leg and arm, and being weak, she was struck by the sword. It hit its relatively small target, chopping her clean across the middle. She stared down at her torso, an unending scream ripping itself from her lips as blood started to drain from the mortal wound. Her body, it shouldn't be like that, this was all terrible, so terribly wrong. Her head was going fuzzy and her vision was creeping in dark. For a couple more seconds, the shrill screaming came from her before she collapsed backwards, unconscious. Her body spasmed and jerked in the unimaginable pain, and then fell still.

Alia was dead.

((Bye bye, Alia. D:))

Maria took the opportunity to rest for a couple of seconds as Eli created his next attack. She wasn't dead yet, but that thing was sure to be a whopper. She gathered up the water from her wave again in front of her, creating more and putting it in, to hold a huge - when next to her - wave in front of her. This was preparation. This was also survival.

Andromeda was still catching her breath when the arena floor became corrupted with shadow. It took her a moment to realize what was happening, but when the huge figure took form, she grew more and more afraid.

The monster was enormous. She could barely fathom its size let alone how frighteningly dangerous it looked. By pure shock alone, Andromeda was nearly frozen in place such that she would've surely been struck by the huge blade. It was only instinct which finally drove her muscles to dive out of its path, but not fast enough.

A blood curtling scream escaped her lips as the rusty knife sliced into the side of her arm and leg, tearing flesh from bone. Her momentum literally ripped the flesh clean off her body, leaving the arm bone completely exposed in the open. Her screams were unceasing as the pain destroyed her resolve, breaking her down into the mental state of a young girl far from her parents. Tears flowed freely down her face as she couldn't speak, her entire existence transformed into pain. Blood pooled on the ground and began to collect rapidly.

((Aw. Poor Alia. RIPieces))

With Alia dead and Andromeda badly injured the monster changed targets. Picking up its huge swords and lifting them high off the ground it turned to look at Maria and Kanya. Both had formed barriers of sorts to protect themselves. Would they stand up to the force of impact from the swords? Or a barrage of attacks? Only one way to find out.

With a twisted roar the monster moved to attack again, bringing down the giant blades on top of the two shields.

Maria hadn't been intending to use her water as a shield; it wouldn't hold up well enough under the sheer force. No, this battle had to be fought cleverly. She dodged the blade (barely), and then shifted quickly into position. Her wave - which had split to allow for the blade, reared up and twisted around the sword. Her arm jerked back and the water gave a strong yank, trying to take the sword.

Kanya was completely caught off guard by Eli’s monster. It was so dark and it made her very shiver with fear. When it attacked Alia and Andromeda it almost caused Kanya to throw up. She covered her eyes trying to block out the images but the screams made her just as sick.

A loud shock vibrated over her barrier causing her to look up. A large sword was beating down on her barrier and it was so heavy she wasn’t sure how long she would be able to hold it.

“Eli! Please stop.” She shouted hoping her plead would mean something.

The monster tugged to lift the blade caught by Maria's wave. It didn't move at first, but as the monster pulled harder it slowly began to rise back up, one inch at a time.

The other blade met resistance in another form. The single blow had not been enough to shatter Kanya's barrier so at least another attempt would be needed. The monster lifted up the blade and attacked again.

It was at moments like these that Andromeda thanked her lucky stars she could heal herself. It was slow, but still an accelerated rate. By the time the large monster had started beating down Kanya and Maria, the missing flesh and tendons had been repaired. Mostly.

It was a very rudimentary repair, where the flesh almost seemed to plug the hole rather than be a seamless copy of her previous muscle. The skin over top was so thin, it was practically translucent. It looked so fragile that any strike might tear it open again, but it worked. The pain had subsided from life-ending anguish to merely a really severe animal bite. Andromeda still moaned in incredible pain, but managed to stand on shaky legs.

She was furious, and that fury was even worse than it was a few minutes prior. This time however, the grand majority of it wasn't directed at Eli...

Her eyes powered up to full bright spheres once again, her much smaller bird coming into existence with a thunderclap, and Andromeda flew higher towards the huge shadow beast. But this was not Andromeda's target. She swerved around the massive creature, making a beeline directly for Zygard's observation window.

"Better hope your glass can withstand fifty thousand degrees, vampire." With a yell, she unleashed an inferno of lightning directly into the window. The initial attack was bouncing clean off the glass, but she expected that. She kept the stream of energy going, hoping persistence would prevail. All of her efforts were focused on heating the window to breaking point and blocking Zygard's view.

And yet, no matter how hard she tried, the glass seemed undamaged. Frustrated, glaring straight at Zygard in defiance, she swept away back towards the shadow creature. She saw Maria trying to rip a sword away. Smart idea..

Andromeda swooped back towards the group, getting herself ready to help.

Edited by Rarek

((Sorry Rarek, but I think that is pushing it into God-modding here. Please scale back.))

((Scaled back to the normal temperature of a lightning strike at 50,000 Fahrenheit. The link above can act as my source. I would make the presumption that this was the extent of her power during the rest of the RP as well, so the only difference here is the prolonged nature of her strike. If that too is too much, I can edit again so she throws multiple bolts of the same temperature with unrelenting frequency.))

Maria gritted her teeth, shifting her stance. The monster was too strong for just pulling. Trying a different method, she gave a couple of sharp yanks before a stronger one. Maybe this would work - even if not, at least it would keep the blade occupied.

((She can attack as much as she likes for as long as she likes (within believable limit), but she won't be able to break though the barrier. If she tries for too long Zygard might get bored and just activate her bracelet.

As for that other thing we discussed, I was hoping to use it...later. I'd really like Andromeda to be around that long either way.

Please just bear with me for now and just focus on having your characters survive this fight (if you want them to). I promise this will all be worth it come night time...))