Fortune86

CLOSED

When Eli finally reached where he had left Kanya he was met with an incredible sight. Kanya was in the center of a blazing tornado, directing the flames with ease. As he watched she destroyed the zombies he had called forth, burning them right down to ash. A clever tactic, as in that state the zombies could not attack or act on the magic that animated them.

Before he knew it Eli was engulfed in a searing light. Kanya had used her flames to blast the area surrounding her, the sheer force of it knocking Eli off his feet. He rolled backwards through the smouldering flowers and gasped for breath, all of the wind having been knocked out of him.

The air suddenly started to taste a lot better and Eli saw a tree fade away out of the corner of his eye. The forest was starting to dissolve. With his zombies destroyed and Lydia dead, only Kanya and Ethril remained. One of them must have beaten the other, either intentionally or on purpose.

((It's been two weeks since Ethril posted, so I'm going to GM a little here and just say the fire tornado knocked her the sky. The fight is over.))

Cassandra jumped at the sound of the arena doors sliding open. I guess my answer will be coming sooner than I thought. "Come on Alia, might as well see how the others are doing." She hopped off the bed and went into the hall.

The arena doors had opened, but no one appeared for a while. Scrunching her nose in thought, she took the chance to walk to her cell door. Still no change from Andromeda. She was becoming worrisome. She sat cross legged in front of her cell door, in full view of the arena doors. She hoped the participants this time would be in better shape than Andromeda came back in.

Kanya fell to her knees and looked down at the ground. She was scared and tired. The fear of those zombies that had attacked her caused a small tear to rundown her cheek. Then there was the fear of the power she had just used. It scared her because she almost lost herself in it.

What if I lost it? What if I can’t control it afterwards? she thought to herself.

The only upside from today’s events were that she discovered something new about her fires. Dark made other dark things stronger and white kill dark things. With this now Kanya remembered that this battle was suppose to have no creatures what so ever. Unless one of the others had this power.

When he had caught his breath Eli stood up again. Only Kanya was kneeling upright, the other two girls were lying on the ground. He Lydia to be dead and he could tell Ethril was still alive. Kanya was the victor then.

Eli was close enough by to see the tears flow down Kanya cheek. Was she hurt? In pain? Worried Eli cautiously approached her.

"Kanya?"

Kanya was still on her knees trying to grasp her emotions on what happened. Her wrist that were once broken had a numbing pain too it which caused her to start rubbing it, trying to bring it back to life. Her concentration broken when she heard a familiar voice causing her to stop what she was doing. Turning her head slightly her eyes met Eli’s eyes but her expression was cold.

“They said no monsters.” she spoke her voice shaking a bit. “No monster.”

With a lot of effort Kanya stood up and looked around her. Two were down, whether they were alive or not she didn’t know, but all she knew was that she had to ask Eli.

“Did you do it?” she spoke, trying to cover her fear as she stepped closer to him.

When Kanya stood up and turned to look at Eli he retreated back a few paces. The tears marking her face did nothing to disguise the expression of cold fury she wore. When she asked him if he was behind the monsters he didn't reply straight away. He had known the question would come sooner or later, but he still dreaded answering.

Looking away from Kanya he started down at a half burnt flower by his right foot, unable to meet her gaze.

"Yes" he said in a half whisper. "I summoned the zombies. I'm...I'm a necromancer."

A sharp sound echoed in the arena the second Eli finished his words. Kanya’s hand had moved out of its own free will, slapping Eli on the cheek. She didn’t know a lot about the world outside but the monks had always spoke of people using dark arts, dark magic that those people tend to go very bad. However Kanya felt somewhat betrayed that Eli, the only person who really opened up to her, was a necromancer. She did remember her promise but now that she knew what he is changed almost everything.

Another tear ran down her cheek as she stared Eli on coldly. Her hands were shaking cause she didn’t know what to do. Finally she looked away from him not sure what to do anymore.

Slowly Eli reached up and gently touched his cheek where Kanya had slapped him. It stung, but not as much as the action its self. He had known all along that no one would accept him for what he was, but to be truthful, he had hoped Kanya might just understand. But he was wrong. She didn't.

Keeping his head down so that his hair hid his face from view Eli stepped round Kanya and started walking back to the arena doors. Once he was a few feet away from them he broke into a run and raced straight back to his cell, the door swinging open to admit him entry. He slammed the door shut behind him and sunk down to the floor, wrapping his arms around his knees.

Father was right. Everyone hated him.

((Can someone remove Ethril from the arena please? Don't worry about Lydia.))

Alia looked to the side as there was a flash of someone running. Oh. Eli. He had looked rather upset, but certainly alive. Wandering up to the door to the arena, she peered out. Was she allowed inside? Probably, if to help someone out. "Hello? Are you all alright?" she called to them.

Cassandra was startled when a figure rushed past in a hurry. Eli? He looked alright, but he was going at quite the clip. Another wince at a door slam. What could have happened that was so bad in there that you'd need to run? Alia was already at the arena doors.

"Alia? What's going on? What happened?"

Kanya didn’t make eye contact with Eli again. She couldn’t look at him at all, not that she now know what he was. She was thought those people were bad and that she should stay way from them. But Kanya was struggling within herself, two days ago he saved her from those worm things. Yesterday he was comforting her after she was in the death match.

The fight in Kanya’s mind kept confusing her and she could feel her anger rise. How is she suppose to handle this. What path should she follow, the one the monks taught her about staying and hating those or should she go with supporting her friend.

After wiping her tears away Kanya looked at the arena again. Slowly she moved to the first body. It was Lydia. Kneeling down Kanya touched the woman’s wrist. It was cold and lifeless. The young girl knew then and there that she didn’t survive the battle, but the question is by who’s hands. Trying not to think about it again Kanya said a little prayer and stepped away. Slowly she move to the new girls body hoping that she didn’t suffer the same faith.

Kanya sigh with relief as she could feel Ethril’s pulse. Standing up she looked at the doors. She needed to get her out but she was to weak to do so. It was then she saw to figures approaching the door.

“Can you guys help me please?” She called out/

Cassandra peered into the arena, curious as to what laid beyond the massive doors. She looked in awe at its size, despite the unremarkable stone floor.

Then she saw Lydia and Ethril. She put a hand to her mouth as she saw Lydia's lifeless form. Oh gods no...not her too! She had been counting on Lydia's return after Andromeda came back in her current state. A tear rolls down her cheek. I sure hope Alia meant what she said.

She heard Kanya's plea for help and rushed in to help. As soon as she rushed into the arena however, her powers surged to life. Her already platinum blonde hair outside the arena began to shine and sparkle, as though the light from two suns had been caught within it. With the state her emotions were in, her powers could become dangerously unpredictable, including ones that could harm both Ethril and Kanya on contact.

Frozen and looking frightened, she looked at Kanya helplessly. "I...I'm sorry. I c..cannot help..." She quickly turned tail in a panic and ran out the arena doors, her hair returning to normal as she crossed the threshold and her powers drained away. She ran into her cell and huddled next to the still unmoved Andromeda, scared and shivering at the barrage of emotion she just had to endure.

((I'm still here...I would've posted had I not been the last to do so :/ ))

Alia looked at the small girl with a bit of a frown. Seemed she was scared of her powers. She couldn't tell why, although there had been a bit of a vigorous reaction. Sensitive ears picking up on every tiny sound, she followed the ever so quiet noise of Kanya's fast breathing and the rustle of her clothing. Silently, she crouched down next to Ethril's body. Lydia was dead, she knew, but she didn't want to look. With a deep, ragged, breath, she scooped up the girl from under her arms and started to drag the listless body.

Siren walked up to the double doors and looked out into the arena. She had seen Eli race back to his cell as though he had been stung and Kanya was just standing there, shaking. It didn't take a genius to tell they had had a falling out. Siren wondered what could have happened, they had seemed so friendly before. Had that been just a ruse? Had one of them tried to kill the other, but failed? Lydia lay dead upon the ground, but how she had died and who had killed her was not evident.

"So what happened?" she asked Kanya.

Kanya was about to summon her hounds in order to help her carry the body of Ethril out but Alia came to assist her. She didn’t talk to her nor did she even help. The young girl was frozen still thinking on what she discovered when a voice caused her to shake awake. Kanya didn’t want to talk about what happened Even if she wanted to tell everyone what Eli was she didn’t know if he was really that bad of a person. She was just taught way.

“Everything wrong happened.” she spoke. Her eyes were lifeless from all the shock. “Everything wrong.” she whispered the words again. Eventually Kanya started to walk with her head down not wanting to make any eye contact with any one.

Siren watched Kanya walk away with a raised eyebrow. Okay. She didn't want to talk about it. Did that mean she was the one who killed Lydia? Was that way Eli had run off?

Giving herself a little shrug Siren followed Kanya back down the long corridor. It would be time for dinner soon and the afternoon's list was sure to be served alongside it.

Kanya walked slowly out of the arena until she came to her room’s door. Looking over her shoulder she wondered about Eli again. Should she go talk to him, apologize for smacking him in the face or should avoid him entirely. Shaking her head she stepped closer to the door allowing it to open. All Kanya wanted to do now was to sleep and think on what to do.

Cassandra watched out her cell door as Kanya walked past. Did she even see me when I went into the arena? She relaxed a little bit as it seemed apparent that that was the case. One less headache to worry about. It also allowed for there to be one less person focused on her. It was painfully obvious that there would naturally be curiosity about what her powers may be, since she neglected to give any hint of them whatsoever.

Looking back up at the bed, Andromeda still showed no change. Cassandra wrinkles her nose in frustration, leaning her head on the side of the bed. "You're not healing, you're not moving. And yet you're still alive, and you look as bad as this. What could possibly have happened to you?" She sits for a moment longer before shaking her head and burying her head in her arms. The last thing she wanted was to feel this way.

Also pouted when she wasn't helped. Well, then. This was going to be a bit of a schlepp. Huffing, she resigned herself to her task and dragged Ethril back. Checking the number on her bracelet, she put the girl in her room, then walked back out. Both Eli and Kanya looked scarred, from what she'd seen. Something awful must have happened. Gulping, she walked back to the common room, to see whether there were any matches that day.

((I'm just going to point out that Andromeda should be fully healed by now, due to the magic stones in the walls.))

Siren's guess was right. When she approached the hatch to see if anything was going to happen it opened, and a plate of food appeared along with a piece of paper. She picked up the paper first and scowled. Her own name was on the list, along with Jack, Alia and Cassandra. The ink was black, as it had been that morning.

Deeo in though Siren replaced the list and picked up the food she had been served. She chose a seat right in the corner of the room and settled down to eat, working out her options.

((Andromeda is as healed as she can be. She is as fit as possible since she's been there a while. However, the walls cannot manufacture energy nor sustenance. Having depleted her reserves she will be very weak from this. I will be waking a very shaky Andromeda when Cassandra goes into the arena.

Also...red is death match, green is coop and black is individual/maze? Can we get a reminder of the list colours and/or have a note included in the OP?))

Cassandra laid next to the bed for some time before she got up and checked Andromeda's pulse. The same as usual. She sighs and pats her arm before returning out to the common room.

Looking around, the mood seemed very quiet. Puzzled, she looked around before discovering the slip of paper at the hatch. Probably the same group of people it always was. "Who is it this time?" she asked with a yawn.

Edited by Rarek

((Fourth post on the first page explains the fights. Q&A section.

Siren left the paper on shelf by the hatch.))

Alia spotted the piece of paper by the hatch. She went to it and got a plate of food, then checked the paper. She was there. In black ink. She swallowed. "You're coming too, Cassandra," she said, putting it down and turning around. "A fight... Against eachother. If I'm right." Quietly scared, she sat down in a chair and started to eat. But her hand was trembling. Jack and Siren were going to take her down badly, unless she really got her head in the game.