HeatherMarie

"Delete" and/or "block" certain events

I think it's probably only a handful of people who are worrying about the flowers, most people don't seem to care or like them. I'm not sure it's worth TJ's time to recode the badges for just a couple people.

Well, it might be a good precedent for the future, though. I'm sure that every event there are some people who don't want a Christmas tree on their scroll/don't want a "Satanic" Halloween badge/accidentally pick up some artwork they can't stand in their flower basket/whatever. Adding a "delete" function to badges seems like it would be a very simple solution, though I'm sure you're right that the number of people who would use it is very small.

This is my vase right now.

Apparently all because some people didn't like the fact I said no yellow flowers. So what if my Avatar is mostly yellow? I've been sending flowers to people following their requests...why can't some of these people do the same for me? Is it too much to ask?

That said...it IS starting to get more color to it, but I would very much like to remove the majority of those yellow flowers....

Guys, if you really are sending people flowers they don't like because you disagree with their opinion stop. As someone else pointed out, the whole point of this was to gift. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. Spread the love by doing something kind. If people are saying they don't want flowers, don't put their name in the pick recipient box. If they say they don't like a certain color, don't send to them or send them a different color. We all have our preferences and that's fine. It's one thing to innocently gift something you don't know the other person will dislike - it's a whole 'nother thing to send a "gift" out of spite.

Apparently all because some people didn't like the fact I said no yellow flowers. So what if my Avatar is mostly yellow? I've been sending flowers to people following their requests...why can't some of these people do the same for me? Is it too much to ask?

That said...it IS starting to get more color to it, but I would very much like to remove the majority of those yellow flowers....

Welp, I don't know what to say about that... except maybe some people didn't think you were serious about no yellow flowers considering the color of your avatar. Maybe change the avatar for the week and then ask for other colored flowers. Try asking for other colors specifically (ie, blue iris, red rose, etc) rather than saying no yellow, you might get a better response.

That is really tacky of people to do o.O

/helps fix it

Welp, I don't know what to say about that... except maybe some people didn't think you were serious about no yellow flowers considering the color of your avatar. Maybe change the avatar for the week and then ask for other colored flowers. Try asking for other colors specifically (ie, blue iris, red rose, etc) rather than saying no yellow, you might get a better response.

I have been meaning to 'update' the avatar, as the character is now a more cream color, but I just can't get my muse to want to work on it. I have been trying the other suggestion though.

Maybe I should track down another Avatar I used before and put it up for now....

Apparently all because some people didn't like the fact I said no yellow flowers.  So what if my Avatar is mostly yellow?  I've been sending flowers to people following their requests...why can't some of these people do the same for me?  Is it too much to ask?

I honestly feel very bad for you sad.gif It's a shame that people would use such a great event, with such beautiful sprites, to ruin your vase. Even to those who like yellow, that is a very bright flower collection :'(

Edited by PieMaster

I sent two pink roses but they vanished behind all the yellow sad.gif

This is just mean and not what I was talking about earlier.

Thank you to all the kind people trying to help fix my vase! I've changed my Avatar for now so these people can't use the 'your ava's yellow' excuse anymore...at least.

maybe it's just me, but I think the dark colored flowers pull attention away from all the yellow, maybe more dark blue and black and dark red etc. I'll see what I can do about it.

edit: btw, people being mean made me change my opinion on whether deleting flowers should be allowed, so I hope whoever posted the yellow flowers is happy, I guess.

Edited by platedlizard

Well, a screen capture of that vase with a short explanation is probably the best point there is for the topic. Not sure if anyone got one though. I think TJ posted he'd look into it already though?

You know, if you have a problem with certain flowers you can always block that image with an adblocker. I just tested it and it works. So if you don't like, say blue flowers, you can go through the flowers and block each blue one. That way you never see them in your vase.

I figure this can help out those who don't like certain flowers until some official thing is implemented.

Well, a screen capture of that vase with a short explanation is probably the best point there is for the topic. Not sure if anyone got one though. I think TJ posted he'd look into it already though?

The ability to manually arrange flowers will not be implemented.

I will look into the possibility of allowing users to remove individual flowers.

i think thats the quote you might be referencing.

Unfortunately, I personally didn't think of taking a screeny of my vase before all the help.

@orderedchaos

That may work for those that actually use a third-party ad-block program. *personally doesn't, blocks ads via Hosts file*

edit: btw, people being mean made me change my opinion on whether deleting flowers should be allowed, so I hope whoever posted the yellow flowers is happy, I guess.

Agreed. I didn't think it was a big deal, but if people are going to use such a wonderful event to troll other players, then maybe it would be nice just to have a quick "delete" option.

Although, if something was put in place, I would most like to see a way regift flowers. Maybe there could be a page, like the one we have, but you get to from a link that says "regift". The flowers you send from there could be taken from your vase, as opposed to being created out of thin air. And instead of just one, you could send all of a variety at once. That way the person gets rid of the flowers they don't like, and other players benefit. And, hopefully, it wouldn't be too hard to code because it would be set up much like the current page.

Seriously, I get the people who are saying that TJ shouldn't have to go to all the trouble to code it. And, personally, I love every flower I've gotten. However, the general hope is that this game will continue to grow and grow and get more players every year. And the more players you have, the more people you end up with that won't like X. And while it's true that you can't please everyone all the time, if coding it isn't a big burden, then this might be one of those areas where we offer an option, even if it's only a minority of people who would use it.

That's it! Thanks Thuban!

/cookie!

I guess it's a website growing pain. One can never forget the Greater Internet censorkip.gif*** Theory.

Giving away your own flowers sounds like the best option so far, should a "delete" option choose to be added. That way they can go to people who will appreciate them.

I like all mine, even the crazy guy hanging off the side of the vase, so I wouldn't have a use for it myself. -shrug-

It may not have been malice, Slaskia. Some people really do not read very carefully. In the trading threads, if I say "no Valentines," I get tons of Valentine offers. When I don't mention Valentines at all, I get one Valentine offer at most. I think people probably just see the word "Valentine" and go. Probably the same with the word "yellow." Just sent you a nice blue flower to help balance it out. :-)

It may not have been malice, Slaskia. Some people really do not read very carefully. In the trading threads, if I say "no Valentines," I get tons of Valentine offers. When I don't mention Valentines at all, I get one Valentine offer at most. I think people probably just see the word "Valentine" and go. Probably the same with the word "yellow." Just sent you a nice blue flower to help balance it out. :-)

I was thinking that as well. But I'm sure there are people who sent yellow just to be mean.

Yeah, I've been there, trading wise: I think in many cases it's a case of 'oh! something I really want! OFFER!' without really comprehending what the person is looking for.

On-topic: I would go for a re-gift as well, if 'delete' isn't feasible. I saw a couple of users I would have given all these yellows to in a second if I could....

I don't care how the "delete" is done as long as there is an inventory. That way it's not just "in the vase or you don't have it", you can be selective about your vase but still collect all the flowers.

I don't care how the "delete" is done as long as there is an inventory. That way it's not just "in the vase or you don't have it", you can be selective about your vase but still collect all the flowers.

So a page like the Easter egg or Trick or Treat pages? I could say "Flowers collected" and show all the ones you got, without having to keep them. Because that would allow people to regift them while still keeping a record of the sprites and the extent of the collection.

Frankly, a page like that would be nice anyway, to know which ones we still needed.

I am pretty sure that you can see the News section of the forum even when you are not logged in to the forum. Which means those thousands of users need only click the link and read the news post. They don't need to be a member of the forum.

Edit, just tested it and yes you can see the News section. The point is that there is not much of an excuse for not reading the information that is right there already, it is very accessible to everyone and right under our noses. It just cannot be missed by forum users and non forum users alike.

I am rather saddened by the tone of man of the posts in this thread, I have to say. Sure there is one flower I REALLY don't like - but it is still al lovely thought of TJ's, and the spriters put a lot of work into it.

You can, but as I have said many many many times, a lot of younger players have ALL forums blocked - including this one - by assorted net-nannying software etc. or are told they may NOT go to forums at all by their parents.

So - not missed, but blocked or not allowed, for a lot of players, I bet - certainly for my grandson !

Yeah, I've been there, trading wise:  I think in many cases it's a case of 'oh! something I really want! OFFER!' without really comprehending what the person is looking for.
Yup. I got a PM like that the other day - I posted that I was desperately seeking something and got a PM saying "can I please have it, please ?" dry.gif Edited by fuzzbucket